Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 09:04:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CA passes law condemning anti-semitism as Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC report  (Read 5408 times)
Etlase2 (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 03:49:49 PM

Oh wait, not a single one of them have an article about the condemnation of free speech by the most populous state in the union.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephen-zunes/california-state-assembly_b_1842841.html

The California State Assembly has just passed a bipartisan resolution (HR 35) by voice vote which constitutes a serious attack on academic freedom and the rights of students and faculty to raise awareness about human rights abuses by U.S.-backed governments. While purporting to put the legislature on record in opposition of anti-Semitism on state university campuses, it defines anti-Semitism so widely as to include legitimate political activities in opposition to Israeli government policies.

Isn't that just a touch odd?

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:48:47 PM

Israel is the new nazi germany in so many ways, it's sad that people can't see it

It's George Orwells vision, he just got the date wrong
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:16:30 PM

Israel is the new nazi germany in so many ways, it's sad that people can't see it

Enlighten me. And really go into the detail of the comparison. Let's start with a simple one.... How many Palestinians did Israeli murder in the last 60 years? Now how many Israelis were murdered.

k3t3r

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:22:15 PM

since the year 2000
6568 palestinians killed by conflict 1452 of these were children

1096 israelis killed in the conflict 124 of these were children

source http://www.btselem.org/
k3t3r

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:31:32 PM

It's George Orwells vision, he just got the date wrong
some people dont see it because the zionist owned media give a distorted view of the world.
vampire

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:31:47 PM

since the year 2000

source http://www.btselem.org/

Since 1949: ~15k Palestinians vs 6k Israelis
At the same time Arabs killed more Palestinians than Israelis in the same time period.

Now where's genocide? I would expect hundreds of thousands, but Palestinian population more than quadrupled.

dotcom

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:34:59 PM

Enlighten me. And really go into the detail of the comparison. Let's start with a simple one.... How many Palestinians did Israeli murder in the last 60 years? Now how many Israelis were murdered.

ok

since the year 2000

i've come across the same numbers, different site, same source:

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/deaths.html

and before all these brainwashed pro-Israeli people scream lies, please look at who operates B'Tselem
dotcom

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:39:05 PM

At the same time Arabs killed more Palestinians than Israelis in the same time period.

Why do people, when defending either themselves or someone else of a crime, always point
to another party who's done worse?

That's like me murdering someone in cold blood, and then pointing to a convicted serial killer
at my trial and saying "I shouldn't be held responsible because he's done worse".

And another thing, atleast we HEAR about all the horrible things arab-extremist groups like the
Taliban do, but unless you visit low-hit count backwater sites you'll NEVER hear about the
crimes Israel has committed.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 09:39:25 PM

How does being an out-right nazi constitute academic freedom?  Roll Eyes

Plus such attitudes are probably outlawed in the campus etiquette anyway.
dotcom

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:40:56 PM

this:

"While purporting to put the legislature on record in opposition of anti-Semitism on state university campuses, it defines anti-Semitism so widely as to include legitimate political activities in opposition to Israeli government policies."

this is honestly the problem, no one can speak agaisnt Israel because it's almost immediately labeled as being anti-semitic. The two aren't the same thing
k3t3r

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:42:38 PM

the comparison to Nazi germany should not be made on the  number of deaths but on the intention of the regime. it is the intention of the zionist to become the dominant race and to have all other races (goyim) as slaves.

for those who are not aware of the protocols of zion it is worth readng to shed some light on many of the world milatary and econominc events since the creation of the state of israel http://www.aztlan.net/protocols.htm
dotcom

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:45:10 PM

the comparison to Nazi germany should not be made on the  number of deaths but on the intention of the regime. it is the intention of the zionist to become the dominant race and to have all other races (goyim) as slaves.

for those who are not aware of the protocols of zion it is worth readng to shed some light on many of the world milatary and econominc events since the creation of the state of israel http://www.aztlan.net/protocols.htm

I'll agree with this, I guess it was a generalized comparison. Many of the practices of the two regimes are the same (and that was my point) but the scale of their crimes is vastly different and I recognize that.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 09:51:17 PM

this:

"While purporting to put the legislature on record in opposition of anti-Semitism on state university campuses, it defines anti-Semitism so widely as to include legitimate political activities in opposition to Israeli government policies."

this is honestly the problem, no one can speak agaisnt Israel because it's almost immediately labeled as being anti-semitic. The two aren't the same thing

That's the whole Zionism vs. anti-Zionism debate. Frankly I don't hold much of it.
It's the typical attack vector of actual Jew-haters (don't have to be a nazi) to justify their racial agenda.

Show me a curt where such legislation led to punishment of valid criticism of Israels affairs and I might reconsider...
dotcom

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:14:38 PM

Show me a curt where such legislation led to punishment of valid criticism of Israels affairs and I might reconsider...

I really like when people bring up counter-arguments, it's a nice change from the 'bash and run' politics of today. It forces
both sides to either reconsider their argument or strengthen it.

I'll admit, I've heard a-lot about anti-Israeli activists being completely misrepresented, criminalized, and sometimes silenced, but I don't
think I've ever heard of or read about someone actually being legally prosecuted for it.

I did dig up these though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BPW7ilglRE&feature=player_embedded
http://www.imemc.org/article/63732
http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/61841/call-prosecute-anti-israel-proms-protesters

most of them seem to be half-measures or idle threats though
vampire

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:35:35 AM

Why do people, when defending either themselves or someone else of a crime, always point

That's like me murdering someone in cold blood, and then pointing to a convicted serial killer
at my trial and saying "I shouldn't be held responsible because he's done worse".

And another thing, atleast we HEAR about all the horrible things arab-extremist groups like the
Taliban do, but unless you visit low-hit count backwater sites you'll NEVER hear about the

Because you're trying to prove genocide. Everything done in comparison, you murder probably a million germs a day. Here you go, you're a damn nazi according to your own silly logic.

Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:00:19 AM

I don't think the current jurisdiction Israel was worth killing a single Palestinian over. I don't find it worth a single Palestinian eviction. I don't think it's worth all the Palestinian children now living in razor-wired slums.

If being against any murder or action of force committed by Israel is racism, then call me a racist. I find the atrocities committed by Israel as abhorrent as Nazi Germany.
Atlas

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:03:26 AM

Because you're trying to prove genocide. Everything done in comparison, you murder probably a million germs a day. Here you go, you're a damn nazi according to your own silly logic.

Comparing the deathes of thousands of Palestinians to the eradication of germs is pretty revolting.

Do we really prefer a Jewish state over preserving life?

...or are non-Jews just dirty "goyims" that need to know their place?
vampire

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:08:47 AM

Comparing the deathes of thousands of Palestinians to the eradication of germs is pretty revolting. 

But the comparison of million jews in gas chambers isn't. Um um. Double standards here.

What's again price of a Palestinian child over there? 14k? to sell him to become a suicide bomber?

That's revolting.
Atlas

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:13:51 AM

But the comparison of million jews in gas chambers isn't. Um um. Double standards here.

What's again price of a Palestinian child over there? 14k? to sell him to become a suicide bomber?

That's revolting.

Yes, the Jews have priority over Palestinians just because of a past but independent atrocity The Palestinians are revolting, uncivilized animals and they deserve to die for the Jewish-cause. /s

Anyways, prove to me that's it acceptable in general Palestinian culture to use children as suicide bombers.

Let's just admit it: You favor the Jews. If we have to kill thousands of others to make sure Israel is satisfied so be it.

Fuck everyone else. Fuck the goyims. Go Israel.
dotcom

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:16:21 AM

I've already said the comparison wasn't based on scale, read my posts before responding to them

That's revolting.

That's such a load of shit
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: