Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:18:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road Founder Ross Ulbricht Sentenced to Life in Prison  (Read 50097 times)
pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 06:56:55 PM

Why is anyone still even thinking about freeing him. He's gone, it's over. Even if he was released he's a wasted shell of his former self by now. It's hard to live a normal life with PTSD. American prisons are not luxury retreats. His mind is fucked at this point.

You have been watching too many prison movies.
Last I heard he was tutoring inmates. I don't think he would be doing that if he had PTSD.

Last I heard, "tutoring inmates" in Federal prison is equivalent to a desperate scream to use some lube.
Former idealist Ross Ulbricht is paying a very high price for his Silk Road adventure.

That or precisely what it means, tutoring people. And sure, he paid a high price, but one he mentioned knowing was on the cards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 07:05:26 PM

If I was in prison I would be kind to him, knowing he quite likely has some bitcoins stashed somewhere and could help those still in when he gets out, and because he's white from a middle class family there's a good chance he will get out.

It would be my goal to make him my best friend.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 07:27:36 PM

Why is anyone still even thinking about freeing him. He's gone, it's over. Even if he was released he's a wasted shell of his former self by now. It's hard to live a normal life with PTSD. American prisons are not luxury retreats. His mind is fucked at this point.

You have been watching too many prison movies.
Last I heard he was tutoring inmates. I don't think he would be doing that if he had PTSD.

You're wrong. Period.

Reality differs from public perception. Most members of the public will never visit a prison or talk to anyone who has experienced life behind bars. Prison takes offenders away from their families, marriages, jobs, friends, communities and churches and puts them in an extremely bad moral environment for years at a time. Social organization in prison revolves around vicious prison gangs, motivated by racism, hate, satanic influences and violence. Life among these mostly uneducated felons, including opposing gang members, the insane and the diseased, is generally unpleasant. Many prisoners are beaten, raped, brutalized or live in fear. Deviant and forced sex increases because members of the opposite sex are unavailable. Guards can be unpleasant and brutal. Annoying noises and bad odors are everywhere; sunlight and fresh air are limited. In most prisons today, overcrowding makes everything worse. Bland and unappealing food, clothing and extremely confining shelter are the norm. Freedom is gone. Some 16% of prisoners are mentally ill, and high percentages suffer from communicable diseases, including HIV-AIDS, hepatitis C, staph infections and tuberculosis. Families and friends often stop communicating with incarcerated family members. Boredom and inactivity take their toll. Depression is common. Suicide is 5 to 15 times greater than in the U.S. generally.

Offenders take on sick institutional values, procedures and thoughts. Prisonization or institutionalization often makes prisoners worse. While people on the outside are making money, having fun and learning things, the social contacts and skills, sanity, vocational prospects and remaining wealth of convicts decline. When released, many are branded for life as "felons." Yes, their food, clothing, shelter and most healthcare needs are met, but most everything that makes life enjoyable disappears while they rot in prison. It's pure myth that prisoners have it easy.

Taken from hrw.org a human rights watchdog organization.

Some 16% of prisoners are mentally ill

16 percent? And you think all inmates have PTSD or are mentally ill?
Please explain your reasoning. Also this is just general info about the current state of american prisons.
It is in no way related to what Ross is experiencing inside prison right now.

This is straight from the source: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/ross-ulbricht-is-tutoring-inmates-keeping-a-pet-mouse-in-prison

And from what I gather he is fine. Not in perfect harmony, but as good as it gets if you are in prison.

Whatever, that article is a year old and is reporting about the holding jail he was in during his trial not the permanent facility he's in now. Ross is a cute guy. I hope if I end up in prison I'm lucky enough to have a tight little white ass like him sharing the cell block with me.  Wink

Why don't you just try researching the prison system and human rights websites? Instead you focus on one, probably inaccurate, report about the particular short term holding facility he was in a year ago. If he hasn't been raped in prison yet it's only because he really enjoys dominant gay sex and gives it away willingly.

forevernoob

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:16:44 PM

Whatever, that article is a year old and is reporting about the holding jail he was in during his trial not the permanent facility he's in now. Ross is a cute guy. I hope if I end up in prison I'm lucky enough to have a tight little white ass like him sharing the cell block with me.  Wink

Why don't you just try researching the prison system and human rights websites? Instead you focus on one, probably inaccurate, report about the particular short term holding facility he was in a year ago. If he hasn't been raped in prison yet it's only because he really enjoys dominant gay sex and gives it away willingly.

Your own research is flawed at best and doesn't prove that everyone gets raped in prison.

The stuff you quote says "many" prisoners get raped. That doesn't prove Ross gets raped.
Also remember this is a prison in New York state. I would think it has better standard than notorious prisons like Angola or San Quentin.

AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 08:58:13 PM

Also remember this is a prison in New York state. I would think it has better standard than notorious prisons like Angola or San Quentin.

Because New York State is so much more civil than California...

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 08:59:10 PM

Whatever, that article is a year old and is reporting about the holding jail he was in during his trial not the permanent facility he's in now. Ross is a cute guy. I hope if I end up in prison I'm lucky enough to have a tight little white ass like him sharing the cell block with me.  Wink

Your own research is flawed at best and doesn't prove that everyone gets raped in prison.

The stuff you quote says "many" prisoners get raped. That doesn't prove Ross gets raped.

Research for yourself.

It might get a little better for him after his trial in Maryland. After he's convicted of murder for hire he will get sent to a max security Penitentiary not a medium security prison. At least then he would have access to fewer other convicts that want to drop his tighty whities. He not in New York anymore they moved him out as soon as his trial was over. There's only two FCIs in New York, Otisville and Ray Brook and he's not at either one of them.

Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:04:23 AM

I am not much a fan of SilkRoad and all what they were into about, but a life sentence is a bit too much for this.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 04:55:14 AM

Your own research is flawed at best and doesn't prove...

Have you ever personally talked (in real life) to an ex-inmate who gave details about the reality of life in prison?
Yes or No?
ps. My God man, some things do not require "research", the common knowledge exists for a reason.

forevernoob

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:00:57 AM

So I might be wrong on the exact location of the prison he is in. But I do think it's on the east coast.
I heard his mother on some podcast a few months ago, she mentioned that they had moved from Texas up to where ever the prison was.
Don't remember the exact location, but it's on the east coast I'm certain.

Have you ever personally talked (in real life) to an ex-inmate who gave details about the reality of life in prison?
Yes or No?
ps. My God man, some things do not require "research", the common knowledge exists for a reason.

No, I haven't. And you are right sexual abuse does occur in prison that is common knowledge.
However it's not common knowledge that Ross is having a hard time in prison.
That's all I'm saying.

pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:01:46 AM

So I might be wrong on the exact location of the prison he is in. But I do think it's on the east coast.
I heard his mother on some podcast a few months ago, she mentioned that they had moved from Texas up to where ever the prison was.
Don't remember the exact location, but it's on the east coast I'm certain.

Yes or No?

No, I haven't. And you are right sexual abuse does occur in prison that is common knowledge.
However it's not common knowledge that Ross is having a hard time in prison.
That's all I'm saying.

Exactly, it is pure speculation what is going on. The only evidence we have is what he says to his mother. Of course, he may not tell her anything, but that does not mean we can infer he is having a terrible time.
WhiteBeard

Activity: 156
Merit: 102

Bean Cash - More Than a Digital Currency!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 10:45:52 AM

Has anybody watched Deep Web?  

It's a little dated now, but they lay out a pretty compelling case.  It might be that he has a chance on appeal.  

As to what kind of life he is leading now, I agree, there is no real way to know, so it's pointless to argue about it here!

pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:52:34 AM

Has anybody watched Deep Web?  

It's a little dated now, but they lay out a pretty compelling case.  It might be that he has a chance on appeal.  

As to what kind of life he is leading now, I agree, there is no real way to know, so it's pointless to argue about it here!

Great movie (it's on putlocker). And yes, because of the two rogue agents there is a real case here. I don't think many people realise how good a shot he has.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 12:24:31 AM

Any time Ross wants to start the process to get out, all he need do is:

Do a proper rescission of signatures of all paperwork he signed with the government;

File a claim against the government, and the government people who signed off on his capture, etc., personally, that they stole his property;

Require someone who has received harm or damage get on the stand and speak into the record the harm or damage;

And make a bunch of money, besides getting free, by suing them all for false complaint or claim.

He may need one or more compatriots to do the filing legwork for him. But his Mom could do it.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:06:37 AM

Do a proper rescission of signatures of all paperwork he signed with the government;

File a claim against the government, and the government people who signed off on his capture, etc., personally, that they stole his property;

Require someone who has received harm or damage get on the stand and speak into the record the harm or damage;

And make a bunch of money, besides getting free, by suing them all for false complaint or claim.

He may need one or more compatriots to do the filing legwork for him. But his Mom could do it.

Cool

Yeah, he should get right on that. Maybe Butch and Karl can help him after they fuck him in the shower till he bleeds. LOL

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:20:00 PM

Cool

Yeah, he should get right on that. Maybe Butch and Karl can help him after they fuck him in the shower till he bleeds. LOL

Thank you for causing this information to be published some more. My above info applies to anyone who is in jail without having harmed or directly threatened someone else. See http://voidjudgments.com/.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Piltover

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:25:24 PM

Life in prison without the possibility of parole... Meanwhile cops are murdering our citizens at an alarming rate and not even being charged. The United States of America, Sad to say this is my country.

Indeed, its pretty weird if you asked me, but he also did things wrong of course no doubt about that.
Its also how the judge is judging you but I think the punishment is pretty hard if you ask me, a bit over the top.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:35:25 PM

Life in prison without the possibility of parole... Meanwhile cops are murdering our citizens at an alarming rate and not even being charged. The United States of America, Sad to say this is my country.

Indeed, its pretty weird if you asked me, but he also did things wrong of course no doubt about that.
Its also how the judge is judging you but I think the punishment is pretty hard if you ask me, a bit over the top.

You think the punishment was harsh for someone that ran a consignment store in San Francisco that allowed children to buy things like heroin and full auto machine guns that are illegal in just about every jurisdiction in the world? Seems logical. ROFL

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 04:43:58 PM

You think the punishment was harsh for someone that ran a consignment store in San Francisco that allowed children to buy things like heroin and full auto machine guns that are illegal in just about every jurisdiction in the world? Seems logical. ROFL

Of course, this isn't what Ross did. If anyone is to blame for this, it is the parents who wouldn't supervise their children properly.

The only reason government gets involved in any of this is, government people have found that using government is a great way to steal money from unsuspecting privateers.

Cool

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 05:07:43 PM

Of course, this isn't what Ross did. If anyone is to blame for this, it is the parents who wouldn't supervise their children properly.

The only reason government gets involved in any of this is, government people have found that using government is a great way to steal money from unsuspecting privateers.

Cool

Teen girl: Officer, Officer help I was raped with a broom handle walking down the street!

Officer: It's your fault for carrying that vagina around with you everywhere you go wearing that short skirt. Why didn't your father stop you from getting raped? Why aren't your parents supervising you today?

ROFL

The reason government gets involved is because we will vote them out if they don't. We make the government stop criminals. I don't want a bunch of hormonal teenaged angst dumbasses walking around with full auto weapons while high on drugs. The government doesn't do it because they're bored today. You are fuckin hilarious dude.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:58:51 PM

Cool

Teen girl: Officer, Officer help I was raped with a broom handle walking down the street!

Officer: It's your fault for carrying that vagina around with you everywhere you go wearing that short skirt. Why didn't your father stop you from getting raped? Why aren't your parents supervising you today?

ROFL

The reason government gets involved is because we will vote them out if they don't. We make the government stop criminals. I don't want a bunch of hormonal teenaged angst dumbasses walking around with full auto weapons while high on drugs. The government doesn't do it because they're bored today. You are fuckin hilarious dude.

The reason government wants to get voted in is, they have figured out how to be the broomstick. They make a lot of money off being the broomstick.

If the parents can't take care of their kids, too bad. Let them walk around stoned with full automatic weapons. They'll do it only once. Then, problem solved. They'll be dead, even if they do some damage before they die violently at the hands of everyone protecting themselves.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: