Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:52:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Genstake [GEN] [QT WALLET UPDATE] [STAKE-MINE] [SCRYPT] [FULL POW/POS]  (Read 37072 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:34:51 PM

Yes badam, gives that feeling. Anyway the coin go up in a few minutes, i think we're on the right way.
Dexter12

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:58:03 PM

Yes badam, gives that feeling. Anyway the coin go up in a few minutes, i think we're on the right way.
Just have a look at bittrex GEN Distribution, less than 18k GEN!
This Baby wants to grow up  Smiley
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:54:57 AM

Update

Still working on design and branding, but it's taking longer than I'd hoped. We're still a mile or two away from a final color scheme, and I'm waiting on new icons and logo work, but in the meantime I figured everyone here deserved to have a wallet that has at least a reasonably modern UI;) Enjoy.

Merged my wip to the master branch on github, and all the links to the new wallet have been updated, but I've linked them here for your convenience. It's not mandatory, but you'll probably want to update:)

sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:32:53 AM

SHA256: df6c11d001c083dd9b87c06ca0ad558e7797e3374fb66cf300f91c75193a4a13  
File name: Genstake-Qt.zip
Detection ratio: 0 / 57  
Analysis date: 2015-06-17 04:31:09 UTC ( 0 minutes ago )  

Its all good Smiley  nice looking wallet

kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:34:07 AM

i dont know why, but mine never stake
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:49:11 AM

Pm me your address, I'll look into it.
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:53:13 AM

nevermind, its not much
alanswami

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:10:09 AM

I have done the : Indian (Hindi) Thread -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1091396

But not getting my bounty.

alanswami

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:20:42 AM

I have done the : Indian (Hindi) Thread -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1091396

But not getting my bounty.

Thanks man.

i got my bounty.
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:21:46 AM

Np.

I think we have enough translations for the moment, so I'm ending the bounties for new translations. If I want more, I'll ask for specific ones. Thanks.
Phineas

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:11:57 AM

Np.

I think we have enough translations for the moment, so I'm ending the bounties for new translations. If I want more, I'll ask for specific ones. Thanks.

Sorry dev

i have already done Romanian translation.Please add on OP.

Romanian Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1091955.new#new

PM sent.

Thanks

Phineas

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:19:50 AM

Np.

Sorry dev

i have already done Romanian translation.Please add on OP.

Romanian Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1091955.new#new

PM sent.

Thanks

Thank you very much for give me reward.
freemind1
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:15:10 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 08:48:38 AM by freemind1

Great work again Dev. Spanish OP updated with new translations and latest wallets.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 03:55:36 PM

explorer down?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:38:13 PM

explorer down?

Sent a pm. He's pretty good about getting back to me. Hopefully it will be back up soon.
freemind1
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:26:16 PM

Now it works perfectly mates Grin
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:23:39 PM

I got a question about what we're doing for the future. I'll have to put together a road list at some point in the near future - just been working so much on the coin itself that it feels like a distraction. Still, I decided my response was something everyone would likely be interested in, so I'm pasting it here as well.

"Personally I'm working on updating the ui and improving the functionality of existing features. After that I'm planning on implementing an alias sidechain so that people can register addresses to aliases and be able to send each other coins directly to their alias instead of their address. Trying to improve ease of use. After that I was going to work on taking QR Code inputs from the wallet itself and standardizing the parameters in those so that when we seek vendor acceptance the actual payment process can be simple and streamlined across all platforms - desktop and mobile wallets will use the same system.  While this is going on I'm hoping to find someone that can get mobile wallets up and running on the team.

After that I'll pursue markets while developing 'subscription services'. I plan to implement the ability to subscribe to different purpose driven sidechains. Then I can put out the framework that others can build on, and others can develop services for the coin as well, and all users have to do to access those services is to 'subscribe' to that sidechain. This can be a paid or unpaid subscription. I could see paying for a subscription to a games sidechain, but not so much for subscribing to a general social network chain.

From there, developmentally, we'll want to start making the blockchain more manageable for end users, so I'll start exploring options for making that less resource heavy as by this time it will have started growing reasonably large.

While working on that, marketing and getting the coin out there. Trying to get vendor acceptance of the coin and developer interest in developing for the sidechain platform interface.

After that continue to make improvement to the coin, eliminating cruft and optimizing code and enhancing security wherever possible. Maintenence, marketing, and improving the user experience. That's basically where it's at for GEN."

freemind1
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:01:49 PM

Good questions @ThinkingOutLoud... What do you think about the masternodes?. A signature campaign would do more users participate. To encourage people to use GEN and give more value add the coin to list of https://cryptocloudhosting.org, it is an interesting place to buy hosting and much more.
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:07:10 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 09:19:30 PM by ThinkingOutLoud

Good questions @ThinkingOutLoud... What do you think about the masternodes?. A signature campaign would do more users participate. To encourage people to use GEN and give more value add the coin to list of https://cryptocloudhosting.org, it is an interesting place to buy hosting and much more.

For masternodes, if you mean like Darkcoin's masternodes where nodes hold 1k coins which earns them money and helps tie up the available supply ... I don't really think we have an issue there. Every one is a node in that sense. There's a reason < 10% of coins are on Bittrex. Holders CAN'T move them without significantly reducing the amount of GEN they earn each day. A big holder moving a lot of coins costs them hundreds, if not thousands of coins - coins that go to other holders and ultimately compete against them. Every coin you miss out on staking for yourself gets staked by someone else. Every coin that goes to someone other than you competes against you for the next block. Every coin you miss out on staking for yourself gets staked by someone else. Every stack of coins you move loses it's weight, crippling it's ability to stake for hours or days depending on how many coins were in the stack.

GEN is a coin that only rewards strong, consistent holders - and the vast majority of coins held by consistent holders can safely be considered 'off the market'. Because to those people, they aren't coins, they're mining rigs that they're using to produce coins.

I agree we need more participation. I even went so far as to offer bounties for tweets some days back. Lots of people are watching GEN, holding GEN, and Staking GEN... but nobody seems to be talking openly about GEN. It's the silence that puts the drag on the market. That's why we saw a market cap today of below $1000. Everyone's talking about other coins, while everyone's quietly holding GEN and the price sits dirt cheap.

I'm not a marketing expert. I'm a programmer and a developer. I can do the gruntwork under the hood of the coin and I can come up with great concepts for the coin. But when it comes to getting people interested and excited about us, I can only do so much, and besides, as everyone knows, nothing beats word-of-mouth. If nobody's talking, and everyone's just sitting back and waiting... ... Idk.

Gen's been going strong for two weeks now. I've been working hard every day to develop and improve GEN and get us out there, and I'll keep working, but there's only so much I can do alone. A dev screaming 'hey, I'm great! check me out!' looks just like every other shitcoin dev out there trying to run a pump and dump. That's not me. That's not what I'm trying to do here. And if GEN is ever going to get off the ground it's going to be because people are talking about it, not because I'm shouting 'look at me!'.  Nobody trusts a trumpeting dev anymore. But when we have an active community... that's when people start paying attention.
Leesminer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:29:37 PM

I don't comment that often on my feelings about any particular coin, but I have to say I like this one.  I haven't seen a Dev in a long time that works trough issues, listens to the community, and continues to better a coin.  In a world of instant gratification I like the progress here, seems well thought out, Dev takes input from everyone and is active.  Slow and steady wins the race my friends!

keep it up Dev, I am watching this one
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: