Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:56:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Before PoA, do we need merged mining?
Merged mining is a good idea
We do not need merged mining
We need only PoA
We need both merged mining and PoA

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS  (Read 450205 times)
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 02:49:56 PM

why do so many ppl want to push unfinished (beta) projects on an (as yet) uneducated public?

fast short term gains based on unfoundable hype?

the devs owe us more free work? are you kidding?

if you think xdn should be promoted, please feel free to get your ass out there and by all honest means, promote

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anarchrist

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 03:41:56 PM

why do so many ppl want to push unfinished (beta) projects on an (as yet) uneducated public?

if you think xdn should be promoted, please feel free to get your ass out there and by all honest means, promote

Well its not like the miners (the heart of the coin) are making any money either right. People are out there promoting it. ive made posts here on steemit also crypto compare and gotten several friends mining it. The problem is people want to hear from the devs and they want to hear from them on a regular basis. look at any major alt right now and you will see the devs constantly promoting and interacting with the public. If the coin is going to ever be anything the devs need to promote it. a XDN holder cant make the OFFICAL facebook/twitter/slack/youtube. its not about fast short term gains its about long term mass adoption. as for "why do so many ppl want to push unfinished (beta) projects on an (as yet) uneducated public?" i quote from the XDN website "Ready for mass adoption, accurate digital money, the 6th perfect number" and the public will always be uneducated if they never hear of the coin. The devs are awesome and i love their work... they just need to be more active in the community and outside of BCT.
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:22:19 PM

The dev and supporters must speak with the same voice, same language. Devs should lead, share their vision, and rally bystanders who share similar views. Support groups will follow.

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
natall.com

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

net profit: 2700$

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 04:53:51 PM

I am terrible sorry
I did a huge mistake at buying after this coin was pumped, i was thinking i would somehow become rich and bough for 4300$(in total), the price increased for a while but i didn't sell in time, instead i was stupid enough to buy even more after the price went down but it continued down. I managed to sell half of my XDN at a minor loss(avaraged almost 27 satoshi) but the rest was painful, only 23 satoshi.

I am sorry that i ever promoted this unfinished project, it stand no chance against SDC and XMR and i no longer expect the devs to deliver PoA any time soon. The price will continue down, likely down to 15 satoshi at best. I lost a lot of money in this(370$) but i will take it as a man and not be a pathetic bagholder, i might change my mind but then the price will be down another 30%.

I am certain this loss ended up saving me money in the future, i might be smart but i also have weaknesses, i got overenthusiastic about this coin and i didn't see reality until it was too late.

i am terrible sorry and i deserved to lose money, i am really sorry. You really said what needed to be said. I have to be honest i feel much better now when i have sold my XDN at loss, it was a actually a huge relief, no i can go on with my life again and stop worrying about my money. XDN is a very insecure coin due to low inflation(0.29%) and low market cap but an increase in value would also attract attackers so it's not a viable solution unless the increase is at least 100x.

I guess i should stick to stocks/similar, then at least i own something real, not just data with no intrinsic value. It might turn out that XDN recovers but my guess is that the downtrend will continue.

As for marketing well i do not think it is time for that but i do think the devs should communicate their progress, i got a fealing that they aren't honest in how much work that is left for PoA. The devs first stated it would be finished the last year but unfortinatily they were terrible wrong(this is often the case), it will probably be finished 2017 at best.

I actually hate trading and i am never happy.
Grunsen

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:03:10 PM

It's not ShapeShift, but https://changelly.com/ is similar and supports XDN! Worked fine for me a few months back.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:13:35 PM

I am terrible sorry
I did a huge mistake at buying after this coin was pumped, i was thinking i would somehow become rich and bough for 4300$(in total), the price increased for a while but i didn't sell in time, instead i was stupid enough to buy even more after the price went down but it continued down. I managed to sell half of my XDN at a minor loss(avaraged almost 27 satoshi) but the rest was painful, only 23 satoshi.

I am sorry that i ever promoted this unfinished project, it stand no chance against SDC and XMR and i no longer expect the devs to deliver PoA any time soon. The price will continue down, likely down to 15 satoshi at best. I lost a lot of money in this(370$) but i will take it as a man and not be a pathetic bagholder, i might change my mind but then the price will be down another 30%.

I am certain this loss ended up saving me money in the future, i might be smart but i also have weaknesses, i got overenthusiastic about this coin and i didn't see reality until it was too late.

i am terrible sorry and i deserved to lose money, i am really sorry. You really said what needed to be said. I have to be honest i feel much better now when i have sold my XDN at loss, it was a actually a huge relief, no i can go on with my life again and stop worrying about my money. XDN is a very insecure coin due to low inflation(0.29%) and low market cap but an increase in value would also attract attackers so it's not a viable solution unless the increase is at least 100x.

I guess i should stick to stocks/similar, then at least i own something real, not just data with no intrinsic value. It might turn out that XDN recovers but my guess is that the downtrend will continue.

As for marketing well i do not think it is time for that but i do think the devs should communicate their progress, i got a fealing that they aren't honest in how much work that is left for PoA. The devs first stated it would be finished the last year but unfortunately they were terrible wrong(this is often the case), it will probably be finished 2017 at best.

No need to be sorry.
When you put in that big an investment I assumed you were going to stick in the long run.
Since you seem to have a fair capital, look into technical analysis (if you don't know it already), and I guess be careful.
I also have been pretty enthusiastic (too much) about promoting this coin...
I think you're right in saying PoA is probably still a while away.

One thing that did give me hope was a teacher who contacted me and was interested in promoting it to other teachers and kids to spread awareness of DigitalNote (Reddit).

I think I'm hanging around a bit longer, I naively thought the increase in price was because of promotion, but it seems to be the monero bubble that did it. I'm gonna take a last chance for say a month or so, and if it doesn't work out, then I guess I'll leave this community too.
natall.com

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:44:56 PM

No need to be sorry.
When you put in that big an investment I assumed you were going to stick in the long run.
Since you seem to have a fair capital, look into technical analysis (if you don't know it already), and I guess be careful.
I also have been pretty enthusiastic (too much) about promoting this coin...
I think you're right in saying PoA is probably still a while away.

One thing that did give me hope was a teacher who contacted me and was interested in promoting it to other teachers and kids to spread awareness of DigitalNote (Reddit).

I think I'm hanging around a bit longer, I naively thought the increase in price was because of promotion, but it seems to be the monero bubble that did it. I'm gonna take a last chance for say a month or so, and if it doesn't work out, then I guess I'll leave this community too.
I at first though XDN would be a good long term investment but later i realized that wont be the case, xdn is a very insecure coin, only one pool left, mining isn't profitable(it's a joke). The low transaction fee and ability to send messages wont save this coin. I don't really have the "cold" needed for trading but i don't want to be a bagholder.

The XMR community keeps growing and they keep improving the coin, if the monero price fall it will if anything bring the xdn price down even more.

adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 07:05:25 PM

I think it would be better to launch a new coin with PoA, then a lot of people would be able to mine it and we would get a large userbase. Here is my suggestions for block reward system https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1630098.msg16394498#msg16394498

killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2016, 07:09:41 PM

I think it would be better to launch a new coin with PoA, then a lot of people would be able to mine it and we would get a large userbase. Here is my suggestions for block reward system https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1630098.msg16394498#msg16394498

I would like to hear the developers opinion on this. Its a good idea and I also agree with the post before this.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 08:50:28 PM

This is a good idea but we would need to start over and need a Dev.
I doubt dnote would abandon his coin so it would be a difficult situation.

Also, thus has been tried before with a coin called bitcedi which spectacularly failed since the minds coins ended up being worthless.
Cloned coins seem to do pretty terribly in general.

The situation is go high or fail at this point.
How is the Reddit tipbot going jwinterm?
natall.com

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:01:23 PM

Also, thus has been tried before with a coin called bitcedi which spectacularly failed since the minds coins ended up being worthless.

of course, a new coin would have to be something different, maybe adding the ability to do smart contracts(like etherium), shadowcash is also interesting. I am 99% certain XDN will fail now. Now with the falling price even less people will mine it, PoA wont save it.

Look at peercoin, just offering PoS/PoA instead of PoW is not enough http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/peercoin/

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:12:40 PM

I tried unsuccessfully to add the RPC calls needed to xdn to make the bot work, but I was unable to successfully compile. So, at the moment i am running bot for aeon instead (on irc and reddit), as well as myriadcoin and groestlcoin (grs only reddit).

As an aside, I was a fan of bitcedi, because I like some of the ideas behind xdn, but not the distribution. Bitcedi had somewhat slower distribution and a lot more folks are aware of cryptonotes and how to mine them compared to two years ago, but obviously lulworm seems to be doing a pretty poor job being active or getting people interested or giving any indication that he is capable of adding features to the coin, so I wouldn't be opposed to another fork of xdn, before or after poa (assuming it ever arrives).
Grunsen

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 10:10:30 PM

I think we will see POA. And it will be a feature unlike any other crypto. dNote has produced many unique and useful features. I have no reason to suspect POA will fail to be delivered. That being said, I try not to focus on the monetary value (although I agree this does show consensus), but rather the utility of the features. I'm not giving up on XDN, I can forgive missed deadlines  Wink
dNote (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 09:42:08 AM

I would like to hear the developers opinion on this. Its a good idea and I also agree with the post before this.

1. PoA will be based on XDN deposits and true PoA security possible only with XDN distribution model, when bunch of coins have been already mined and available on free market.

2. Block reward system was the part of XDN economy model.

3. PoA will secure network much. But PoA is a hardest hardfork ever, proposed by Bitcoin developers https://eprint.iacr.org/2014/452.pdf

4. If you are looking for a quick profit on speculation, XDN probably not good coin for you. While price is pretty stable for years it has an incredible potential to go very high. But, probably this is not a day-trading coin, rather long term investment

5. We always mentioned that PoA is a very hard "feature" to implement on any blockchain and if we are talking about XDN (cryptonote) is even harder.
But you can check for our first results - blockchain deposits. XDN was the very first cryptocurrency implemented it. This is the base for future PoA.
We are working on it almost every day, including weekends. But can`t give you time frames yet.

We will keep XDN development in any case, it is our child, strong, but unnoticed yet. We are good with that.
Thank you.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
dNote (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 09:43:41 AM

of course, a new coin would have to be something different, maybe adding the ability to do smart contracts(like etherium), shadowcash is also interesting. I am 99% certain XDN will fail now. Now with the falling price even less people will mine it, PoA wont save it.

Look at peercoin, just offering PoS/PoA instead of PoW is not enough http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/peercoin/

Grin People come, people go away, XDN stay. I am glad you give it 1% chance  Grin

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 12:24:42 PM

I cannot believe Dogecoin is doing better than XDN. Possibly due to Dogecoin fun factor and it was one of the first few crypto currencies.

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
duplan

Activity: 269
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:49:13 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2016, 12:24:55 PM by duplan

XDN will eventually deliver PoA and many other useful & innovative features.

From an investor perspective it's best to buy early in the sub 50 satoshi range,
eventually, it will rise above and never come back down again, and obviously,
there is a potential upside that will dwarf the imagination of anyone who thinks
in small satoshi gains & losses. Think big and longterm to profit from this hugely
undervalued & unique crypto currency. XDN may fly on one good day with volume …  

Maybe a re-branding strategy ( without changing XDN ) could yield so much more …
I haven't disclosed mine ever here, though I mentioned having one thought, and still
after many month have past, it has remained the very same — not going to change  Roll Eyes
natall.com

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:42:17 PM

I cannot believe Dogecoin is doing better than XDN. Possibly due to Dogecoin fun factor and it was one of the first few crypto currencies.
It's called "network effect" and it's very unfair, it doesn't matter how hard dnote works on PoA or what features that get's implemented, this coin is dead.

kkraus69

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:49:58 PM

It's called "network effect" and it's very unfair, it doesn't matter how hard dnote works on PoA or what features that get's implemented, this coin is dead.

Simply said, this coin is very much alive.
duplan

Activity: 269
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:44:58 PM

You should consider not trading stocks nor alt coins at all, buy just bonds, they give you less than inflation but it's a steady rate;)

Honestly, If you speculate buying several thousands of USD worth in any altcoin, you should know they are very volatile, always.

You say you lost half a bitcoin 'investing' in XDN, well maybe you should not have sold,
one good buy order could have changed your fate.

You decided to sell at loss. You decided against holding. You want quick bucks, it seems.
Some really short term pumps on crappy or dead coin projects offer that,
at big risk , of course.

Take for example someone who bought 30 btc's worth of XDN a 32 sat's — putting some on sale at over 80 sats,
holding the rest...

Investing is different from speculating, and you did only speculate very short term. Investing is buying cheap ranges and
holding for a really huge upside because you believe in the project & tech, not caring much or at all what the market says.

Of course, investors and speculators have maybe wiser strategies in place to lower short- and longterm risks,
one such would be to buy gradually ranges of market prices in a way to be able to average down to floor prices,
that is , keeping enough BTC to catch some dips, and that also means that you don't go in initially with 90% of yours.

I see you were positive though initially, now that your expectation has not been met immediately you try too hard to FUD and defame.
That's really not a mature nor respectful attitude to cultivate in any area of your life. Be wise, it's really better not to make the world
responsible for your own errors, the blaming and shaming game always fires backwards, by hindering your personal growth ,
in manyfold and sublime ways.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: