Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BitShares 2.0  (Read 152989 times)
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 09:43:02 AM

I had a bad feeling about this "Bitshares 2.0" and it turns out after reading your forum I was right (again).  Anybody interested should read this thread, Wake Up Call: Bitshares 2.0 is NOT Bitshares.  It certainly seems like all your shareholders are being sold down the river so you can profit even more than you already have.  Let me see if I have this straight, you convinced all the Bitshares shareholders to fund you and now you're starting a for-profit company with the code.

Keep looking for these threads and one more time more you will see how smart and strong BitShares community is.
It seems that you're just jealous that BitShares has so strong community, and it seems you also get pleasure from the fact that to deal with this community.  Smiley

testz, I have no problem with your devs wanting to be compensated for their work. Being a contractor, while serving as the core worker for the BTS platform makes perfect business sense. They have bills to pay so only a fuckin hypocrite would object. But didn't the funding to build the toolkit come from the investors? I thought the whole idea of DPoS was to give the shareholders a stake in whatever IP derived from their investment? Why should Cryptonomix receive sole licensing fees?

You are right Testz. The BTS community are a group of bright individuals, so I really don't see them accepting this lying down without more clarification, especially if it's not in their best interest. Or maybe tomorrow this will all of been nothing but BS, and DE will have to find another boogeyman. (Wonder if DE is related to Joseph McCarthy)?

STAN... YOU HAVE SOME SPLAININ TO DO! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ43__Aul3o

I just want to say to DE that he cry too early, the discussion about licensing and Cryptonomix just started, let's see how community will found consensus.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ThomasVeil

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:02:44 AM

Keep looking for these threads and one more time more you will see how smart and strong BitShares community is.
It seems that you're just jealous that BitShares has so strong community, and it seems you also get pleasure from the fact that to deal with this community.  Smiley

Wonder what you mean with strong. I kinda get the impression all they can ever do is say "yes and amen". The facts are already produced now - the companies set up, the code is written (that company won't just say now "ok use it all for free") and the marketing in full gear. So do you really think the community is possibly strong enough to disagree and stick to 0.9? Maybe write their own new 2.0? No way.

Please show me the link.
BitShares. 
Safer than a Swiss Bank. 
(Ask me why!)
We are a decentralized organization and anything could happen.

Smiley

I hope that was some kind of joke from him. That quote was on their front-page for a year or so.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:14:10 AM

It seems that you're just jealous that BitShares has so strong community, and it seems you also get pleasure from the fact that to deal with this community.  Smiley

Wonder what you mean with strong. I kinda get the impression all they can ever do is say "yes and amen". The facts are already produced now - the companies set up, the code is written (that company won't just say now "ok use it all for free") and the marketing in full gear. So do you really think the community is possibly strong enough to disagree and stick to 0.9? Maybe write their own new 2.0? No way.

Please show me the link.
BitShares.  
Safer than a Swiss Bank.  
(Ask me why!)
We are a decentralized organization and anything could happen.

Smiley

I hope that was some kind of joke from him. That quote was on their front-page for a year or so.

If you are familiar with BitShares community and read https://bitsharestalk.org for year or more you should know what I mean under "strong and smart".  Smiley

The devs very open for ideas, you can participate in Friday hangout and ask any question which you want or propose your idea and discuss with devs and other peoples which participate at hangout, previous recorded hangouts you can listen here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE2O3_7rd9a8iViqYkgesAA
https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 05:53:14 PM

Point 1.  "Safer than a Swiss Bank"

I don't believe this was ever used in a public ad campaign (yet).  We did discuss its merits with folks on bitsharestalk.org and on this forum as we often do.  I seem to remember that at one point our web site did have a picture of a bank vault with a phrase something like "be your own bank".  If you can prove the quote did appear on our web site then I will simply say, "Oh, good, I was wondering why such a great slogan hadn't been used yet."

Point 2.  "Graphene Licensing"

The referenced thread is how we do things in BitShares.  You can read everyone's opinion right there in public as our community works to form a consensus.   Fact is, Graphene was developed to both improve BitShares and provide new ways to fund our whole developer team to keep them engaged in growing the ecosystem without BitShares needing to pay for it all.

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:28:18 PM

I'm going to be honest with you Stan... I'm having a hard time keeping up with all your scams.  It's like I'm still trying to warn people about one of your previous scams, but you're like five scams ahead of me.  You need to slow down so I can keep up or is the plan to roll 'em out so fast nobody knows what hits 'em?

Could you elaborate on those five scams? I don't know what you're trolling about.
Pheonike

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:49:40 PM

DE doesn't understand the concepts of iteration and innovation. That's why his arguments are stale and stuck. He can not outgrow his own initial thoughts which keeps him stuck in the past. I have heard broken records that have more innovation than DE.
DataSecurityNode

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 09:52:15 PM

Look at them giving away nearly half a year of work for nothing.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16953.0.html

Clearly these are terrible people that must be stopped.

Oh wait.. that was actually pretty amazing.

</FUD>

StanLarimer (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:02:56 AM

Here's installment 3 of 7 in Max Wright's series of 5-minute interviews with Dan Larimer.

Today's topic,  

SmartCoins

Enjoy!
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:00:24 AM

"Safer than a Swiss Bank"

I don't believe this was ever used in a public ad campaign (yet).  We did discuss its merits with folks on bitsharestalk.org and on this forum as we often do.  I seem to remember that at one point our web site did have a picture of a bank vault with a phrase something like "be your own bank". 

As many people can attest, I hate liars and the only thing I hate more than a liar is a liar who lies to make money.  Those type of liars are the absolute scum of the earth.  Now, somebody here is a no good, worthless liar.  Either you're a liar or I, Patrick J Byrne and ThomasVeil are liars.  I'll let everyone here decide for themselves who the liar is.

Being the "President and Chief Operating Officer", you certainly seem to be using this "proposed" slogan in an official capacity.  I could have sworn that I saw this "proposed" slogan on the front page of Bitshares.org too.  I'm not the only one either who remembers you using this "proposed" slogan.  The great Preston J Byrne who so eloquently explained Bitsnares also remembers.

BitShares. 
Safer than a Swiss Bank. 
(Ask me why!)

----------------------------

If you can prove the quote did appear on our web site then I will simply say, "Oh, good, I was wondering why such a great slogan hadn't been used yet."

Please.... Lol... Give it a rest.  You know as well as I do and everyone else that visited YOUR website that "Safer than a Swiss Bank" was plastered on the main page in, imo, an attempt to give unwitting individuals a false sense of confidence in Bitshares.  You're a real piece of work.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:34:14 AM

I don't believe this was ever used in a public ad campaign (yet).  We did discuss its merits with folks on bitsharestalk.org and on this forum as we often do.  I seem to remember that at one point our web site did have a picture of a bank vault with a phrase something like "be your own bank".  

As many people can attest, I hate liars and the only thing I hate more than a liar is a liar who lies to make money.  Those type of liars are the absolute scum of the earth.  Now, somebody here is a no good, worthless liar.  Either you're a liar or I, Patrick J Byrne and ThomasVeil are liars.  I'll let everyone here decide for themselves who the liar is.

Being the "President and Chief Operating Officer", you certainly seem to be using this "proposed" slogan in an official capacity.  I could have sworn that I saw this "proposed" slogan on the front page of Bitshares.org too.  I'm not the only one either who remembers you using this "proposed" slogan.  The great Preston J Byrne who so eloquently explained Bitsnares also remembers.

BitShares.  
Safer than a Swiss Bank.  
(Ask me why!)

If you can prove the quote did appear on our web site then I will simply say, "Oh, good, I was wondering why such a great slogan hadn't been used yet."

Please.... Lol... Give it a rest.  You know as well as I do and everyone else that visited YOUR website that "Safer than a Swiss Bank" was plastered on the main page in, imo, an attempt to give unwitting individuals a false sense of confidence in Bitshares.  You're a real piece of work.
Dude give it up.. Ur acting like a troll now is that really what you think of yourself? To each his own you've ssid your piece now move on.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:53:03 AM

I don't believe this was ever used in a public ad campaign (yet).  We did discuss its merits with folks on bitsharestalk.org and on this forum as we often do.  I seem to remember that at one point our web site did have a picture of a bank vault with a phrase something like "be your own bank".  

As many people can attest, I hate liars and the only thing I hate more than a liar is a liar who lies to make money.  Those type of liars are the absolute scum of the earth.  Now, somebody here is a no good, worthless liar.  Either you're a liar or I, Patrick J Byrne and ThomasVeil are liars.  I'll let everyone here decide for themselves who the liar is.

Being the "President and Chief Operating Officer", you certainly seem to be using this "proposed" slogan in an official capacity.  I could have sworn that I saw this "proposed" slogan on the front page of Bitshares.org too.  I'm not the only one either who remembers you using this "proposed" slogan.  The great Preston J Byrne who so eloquently explained Bitsnares also remembers.

BitShares.  
Safer than a Swiss Bank.  
(Ask me why!)

Please.... Lol... Give it a rest.  You know as well as I do and everyone else that visited YOUR website that "Safer than a Swiss Bank" was plastered on the main page in, imo, an attempt to give unwitting individuals a false sense of confidence in Bitshares.  You're a real piece of work.
Dude give it up.. Ur acting like a troll now is that really what you think of yourself? To each his own you've ssid your piece now move on.

Never.  I've been scammed before and I hate seeing other people get scammed.  If I prevent just one person from falling for this scam, then I've done my duty.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Chew Kok

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:55:21 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 09:16:23 AM by Chew Kok

I wouldn't take DE too serious if I was you sidhujag. He is an idealist, and like most Utopian visionaries, they become too emotionally involved with their causes, failing to gain the proper perspective, or clarity. Of course he believes himself to be virtuous and altruistic, but nothing could be further from the truth.

“The core of libertarianism is respect for the life, liberty and property rights of each individual. This means that no one may initiate force against another, as that violates those natural rights. While many claim adherence to this principle, only libertarians apply the non-aggression axiom to the state.” – Ron Paul

Non-Aggression Axiom – is the idea that each person has the right to make his or her own choices in life.

Do you see what a complete fuckin hyprocrite he is? He uses pejoritive terms and sensationalizes them with an appeal to sympathy, while cloaking his true intentions. He hates any competition. Everyone knows he created his account to bash other peoples choices. Does that sound like something Uncle Ron would approve of DE?

I called him an idiot, and he said he has "tests" to prove otherwise. Anybody who says they have test to prove they are smart... is a fuckin joke! But let him continue to square the circle. Have fun with him.  Grin Imagine he is a puppet. Pull the right strings and you get the right response every time.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:24:16 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 09:35:50 AM by DecentralizeEconomics

I wouldn't take DE too serious if I was you sidhujag. He is an idealist, and like most Utopian visionaries, they become too emotionally involved with their causes, failing to gain the proper perspective, or clarity. Of course he believes himself to be virtuous and altruistic, but nothing could be further from the truth.

“The core of libertarianism is respect for the life, liberty and property rights of each individual. This means that no one may initiate force against another, as that violates those natural rights. While many claim adherence to this principle, only libertarians apply the non-aggression axiom to the state.” – Ron Paul

Non-Aggression Axiom – is the idea that each person has the right to make his or her own choices in life.

Do you see what a complete fuckin hyprocrite he is? He uses pejoritive terms and sensationalizes them with an appeal to sympathy, while cloaking his true intentions. He hates any competition. Everyone knows he created his account to bash other peoples choices. Does that sound like something Uncle Ron would approve of DE?

I called him an idiot, and he said he has "tests" to prove otherwise. Anybody who says they have test to prove they are smart... is a fuckin joke! But let him continue to square the circle. Have fun with him.  Grin Imagine he is a puppet. Pull the right strings and you get the right response every time.

What made you think I'm a pacifist who believes in "non-aggression"?

Did you not see my declaration of TOTAL WAR?

Olive branch anyone?

Smiley

Nice try Chairman Stanlin, but some of us are on to your schemes of communist crypto domination.

TOTAL WAR AGAINST ALL THE CENTRALIZING CORPORATIST/COMMUNIST CONSPIRATORS!

You didn't take that "White Male Libertarian Bro" thing seriously did you?

He hates any competition

Bitshares isn't "competition" for anyone.  I could put an untrained monkey against Stan in a debate and the monkey would win every time.

Chew Kok

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:36:02 AM

Your welcome traders! Grin  Dance puppet, Dance!
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:40:47 AM

I called him an idiot, and he said he has "tests" to prove otherwise. Anybody who says they have test to prove they are smart... is a fuckin joke!

Chew Kok

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:42:48 AM

DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite!

Chew Kok

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:44:04 AM

you're is the best you got? Wow! You got me Nazi! Maybe you can give me the answers from the TEST you took?
Chew Kok

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:46:03 AM

DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite! DE is a hypocrite!

Dance for us hypocrite!
Chew Kok

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:49:44 AM

You love Ron Paul, but not his principles?  Huh Hmmmmm. Guess that makes you a... wait for it... wait... all most there... just one more... HYPOCRITE!
Chew Kok

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:58:04 AM

Ah come on DE! You can bug me about my grammar, and I won't call you a hypocrite... ok? Come back! Please?HuhHuh

I have gone too far. DE was the best online toy I ever had, and now he's gone! Cry

Your my only friend DE! (You see what I did there)? All we are sayyyyyyyying, is give Chew N Kok a chance! Lips sealed  EVERYBODY NOW! Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: