Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:48:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion  (Read 74665 times)
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:08:48 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 09:37:03 PM by OKtoshi

Hey

I'm trying to install MetalCoin from:  https://github.com/Metalde/MetalCoin

but whenever i do "./autogen.sh" it comes back with "bash: ./autogen.sh: no such file or directory"

i've got the git hub files cloned to ~/bin/MetalCoin

am i missing anything?

thanks in advance

sani

Try it like it OKtoshi wrote:

- git clone http://[githubofaltcoin]

- cd altcoin

- cd src

- make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

maybe you also need to make: mkdir obj

I did the commands you mentioned,
 the mkdir obj says it already exists,
but when i try "make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=" it comes back with "zerocoin/Accumulator.cpp:106:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/zerocoin/Accumulator.d: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
makefile.unix:205: recipe for target 'obj/zerocoin/Accumulator.o' failed
make: *** [obj/zerocoin/Accumulator.o] Error 1"

i can't make anything of the error as i'm only used to .deb files and the apt-get install command  

You are missing:

- make a directory    obj/zerocoin        

Should compile after creating that directory, cheers

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sanitarium616

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:07:34 PM

Its seems to have compiled with no errors
do I need to do anything else to make it install or did it do that in the compiling process?
sorry for all the noobie questions and thank you for your patients and sticking with me you two
Flitzpiepe

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:20:19 PM

do I need to do anything else to make it install or did it do that in the compiling process?
sorry for all the noobie questions and thank you for your patients and sticking with me you two

well just give it a try Smiley

in src folder : ./MetalCoind or something like that .... i think it will end in an error that you need to create a .conf file first Tongue

**HashOcean Cloudmining**:
Bitcoines

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:23:49 AM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 10:05:41 AM by Bitcoines

well just give it a try Smiley

in src folder : ./MetalCoind or something like that .... i think it will end in an error that you need to create a .conf file first Tongue

That is correct, you have compiled the metalcoin daemon, it can be used from the terminal.

To use you need to create a metalcoin.conf file (they should give instructions in their ANN) and place it over /home/pi/.metalcoin
after that is done, you can start your daemon in the terminal, go to the folder where metalcoind is at, and start it with ./metalcoind (check capital letters if it has like MetalCoind)

The ROKOS v3 "Core" is getting released in this week, it will include full wallets/nodes for Bitcoin and OKCash (OKCash will be already sync, just start and go)

We will Create a ROKOS v3 "Flavors" to include any extra wallet.
The only requirement to get included
will be to make a donation by their communities or dev teams
to support the ROKOS development.  
(All versions of ROKOS are distributed for free to the users)

Will share the invitation to make the requests/participate soon after the V3 "core" release.

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
sanitarium616

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:42:36 AM

thanks
i have got it running,
i just need to figure out how to get the qt gui to run as i prefer to use guis on my wallets (am open to ideas/help if anyone is willing/kind enough to help me further).
i really like the os so far and i appreciate all the hard work you've put into it and all the help every one has given me.

thanks for every ones help
sani
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:02:12 AM

great work! I will likely be throwing it on my model 'b' soon to give it a go! can't wait to see what else is coming to this distro!
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:18:36 AM

Full Bitcoin OK Clients and nodes. ROKOS v3 "core" Released: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084908.0

Just Burn and Click to Start your own Full Bitcoin Node or Client
Just Burn and Click to Turn your Pi into an OKCash staking device
Cryptocurrency and the Internet of Things
Core: Raspbian based OS with integrated Bitcoin OK Clients, Nodes ready for use.
Flavors: ROKOS for Altcoins, with different Cryptocurrencies Clients / Nodes ready for use.

We've seen new services selling "stake miners" for different currencies, we support the new technology and uses for cryptocurrencies in the Raspberry Pi environments, hence we came up with a Free solution for every Pi enthusiast, developer, user, service that want to use their Pi systems with Bitcoin and OKCash, or that would like to turn their Pi into a Staking device, It already includes a synced and fully functional client and node for OKCash and Bitcoin Client and node as well to provide them with the best and easier Out of the Box experience.

v3 "Core" Released

The First OS image release that merges the full power of Raspberry Pi and Cryptocurrencies:
- ROKOS v3 "core" comes with an integrated Bitcoin Client / node and OKCash Client /node with Synced OKchain. Released on Dec 18 2015.
- ROKOS v1 and v2 History releases link.

Distribution aimed at New Pi Users, Medium grade users, Advanced Pi Users, Developers and Educators.
Download & Burn, Ready for use.

Dec 18 2015

ROKOS v3 "core" - Download (2.99Gb)
MD5 Checksum: 91360BAFF8B5B30ACB0E898B099DFA39
SHA-1 Checksum: 19EF72A1E25A4BD1D1279405C5007630606B3A78
SHA-256 Checksum: 95823E8260247A753FFA20018D4B59547956F6DB2AC2F8971B3D60F28940E981
SHA-512 Checksum: 105A94A92EB2C9B0129AF035599367FEC59FDF759942551BE360AB55725151168E20EA1CFE38110 1B4AE42BFC03361520C0F02EE3BD44C604A2FB773D6B99F4F

ROKOS v1 and v2 History releases link.

*Official Download Links - Do Not Download from other sources, posts, links to ensure the security of your downloads*

Specs:

v3 "core" Release Dec 18 2015
- Full burnable OS Compatible with the Raspberry Pi systems.
- Full System / Programs Upgrade.
- Full Design Upgrade.
- Iceweasel browser added.
- Direct log to GUI Desktop.
- Debian Progs.
- Python Tools.
- Easier to Use mod Update.
- Security and Optimization Update.
- Updated Out of the box Firewall already configd only for wallets, web access and ssh.
- Includes Qt and complete set of Dev tools (For developers)
- Works with other cryptocurrencies.
- 100mb swap mod.
- Updated Bitcoin client / node v0.11.2 with full functionality.
- Updated OKCash client / node v3.0.0.4 with full Stake functionality, private messages and Synced Chain to Dec 18 2015.
- Custom Login and Wallpapers.
- BTC and OK nodes at /usr/local/bin/
- Easy Clients / Nodes Upgrades.
- Direct access to the Clients Via: Task bar and Menu > Internet.
- ZIP file - Compression: 2.99Gb image to download, 5.84GB uncompressed to burn.

Requirements:
ROKOS v3 "core":
- Raspberry Pi B or 2 (Might work with A but further testing is required, hence not supported/recommended)

- If you will use Bitcoin and OKCash:
Min 8gb SD card and an External device (usb / hdd / ssd). To sync the BTC chain on the external device instead of the SD card, BTC chain alone is around 40gb.

- If only using OKCash:
Min 8gb SD card.

Future Versions:
- Security updates.
- Chain Updates.
- More Cryptocurrencies will be integrated for an Out of the Box experience in a different version called FLAVORS.
- Designs Updates.
- More wallets, programs or features, based on users/communities/developers feedback, support and/or cross collaborations.

ROKOS v3 "core" Screen Shots

"ROKOS" Initial Setup

1.- Download and Burn the ROKOS Image to a micro SD Card like you would with any other Pi Distro.
Dec 18 2015
ROKOS v3 "core" (BTC OK) - DOWNLOAD

Steps for first boot

a) Login with user: root   password: raspberry    (*security note: only use the root account to make this steps, do not use clients on root)
b) Open Terminal, type:  raspi-config
c) Set your Time Zone and Expand the file system, restart.
After restart the system will auto log to the pi user desktop.

Welcome to the ROKOS Desktop

Security Steps
Pi and root accounts default passwords:  raspberry

*note: Remember that on terminal the password will not be displayed as you type it; there are no Windows-style * symbols representing the letters. Instead, it will appear that you haven’t entered a password. This is a security feature to prevent people guessing the length of your passphrase. Just type the password regardless.

Open a terminal and change the password of "Pi" and "root" accounts with this commands

sudo passwd
(write your new password, this will change the password of Pi, the main use account)

su root
enter password:  raspberry

passwd
(write your new password, this will change the password for the root account)

exit
(leaves root account and goes back to Pi account)

exit or close the terminal window

RESTART the system one last time so it can start with correct configurations. (correct mount of tmp for the tech savy)

Final steps / BTC and OK Clients

a) OK: Go to Menu > Internet and Click on the OKCash Wallet

This will open the OKCash wallet, give it some minutes for the initial setup, OK Chain is Synced so it will be ready for use in the next minutes.

b) Go to Menu > Internet and Click on the Bitcoin Wallet

This will open the Bitcoin wallet with the option to select where we will be saving the BTC chain.

*For BTC the initial sync will take some days, wallets are fully usable after being fully Synchronized.

b) Make a backup of your wallets and save in USB or external media.

Use your Bitcoin wallet to plug HW and mine BTC, Send/Receive BTC cryptocurrency, become a full node and support the Bitcoin newtork, etc.

Use your OKCash wallet to Stake/Mine OK, Send/Receive OK cryptocurrency, send and receive private messages with other OK users, etc.

Important Security Notice:
Remember to create a backup for your Wallets, you can use the wallets to create them and save in different folders on a USB device.
You should ALWAYS have a backup of your wallet, Raspberry Pi Hardware, Raspbian and ROKOS Software are under development hence not responsible for missuses, electrical or compatibility issues that might cause a loss of information. It is as secure as one's ability to take care for it, same as a computer, so always have a backup of your wallets on an external device.

You can start testing and developing new integration with the Bitcoin and OKCash Tech for your IoT projects.

ROKOS is Released for Free to support Bitcoin OK and the crypto environment adoption
If you find this work valuable or if it helped your project and You would like to support feel free to share your donations at

Bitcoin   15VrDkat5vD4FfycRk3E4e7EgqftzK6tm8
OKcash   PWZg5F7NurKDNGdckRpQgmShEQhEHmF5W5

Want your Cryptocurrency Client and node included in ROKOS "Flavors" release?

0.25 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get added to all future "Flavors" upgrades/releases. (Permanently added to upcoming flavors releases)

0.15 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get added only to next "Flavors" upgrade/release. (1 flavors release)

0.50 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get an Exclusive version release for your cryptocurrency with your custom cryptocurrency wallpaper and version name.

Bitcoin and OKCash Clients on ROKOS v3 "core"

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:40:55 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 10:43:48 AM by OKtoshi

There was a small issue with libegl (library of OS) that I am already working on the fix , this prevents the OKCash graphical wallet from showing the correct balances and addresses.

It is only a visual bug at this moment, if you open okcash node okcashd, it reports all the quantities correctly.

BTC working fully.

Removed the download to upload the one with the fixed libegl, Have to recompile everything, compilations take too long, should be ready in the coming days. Thanks for your support!

rmd73

Activity: 385
Merit: 252

Think with your brain. It is not illegal (yet).

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:02:07 PM

There was a small issue with libegl (library of OS) that I am already working on the fix , this prevents the OKCash graphical wallet from showing the correct balances and addresses.

It is only a visual bug at this moment, if you open okcash node okcashd, it reports all the quantities correctly.

BTC working fully.

Removed the download to upload the one with the fixed libegl, Have to recompile everything, compilations take too long, should be ready in the coming days. Thanks for your support!
Just a small hiccup Smiley And I feel your pain regarding the compilation times on ARM Wink
I'll wait patiently for the fixed version while enjoying the staisybit staking for about 1/7 of my OKcash holdings. The rest of 6/7 are waiting ROKOS v3.x Wink

Orbitcoin (ORB) -- oRMG7Fdft6YiQbn9p9rZpo8VNab9gU3bv4 , OKcash (OK) -- PTiT97X9GkxESiWnpAHA5j46Wb7wz9zdTu ,
Europecoin (ERC) v3 -- EJZwagsubfxn1xeB4JmztAWitgTPty3FzN , BitSend (BSD) -- iMYtWqD3pPVcV4yo9okrN7gixvQ3nRYRnz
sanitarium616

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:58:52 PM

glad i kept getting an error with google drive then,
it kept telling me there was something wrong with the network
boacw

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:13:59 PM

Hi
Thanks for this new version with which I'm gonna play a bit :-)
Before that, I have to fix an issue with the keyboard layout: I can't change it (clicking on the button in the appropriate setting doesn't show any dialog box related to this setting).
What's the name of the binary used to change the keyboard layout?
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:59:17 PM

Hi
Thanks for this new version with which I'm gonna play a bit :-)
Before that, I have to fix an issue with the keyboard layout: I can't change it (clicking on the button in the appropriate setting doesn't show any dialog box related to this setting).
What's the name of the binary used to change the keyboard layout?

Welcome, go to terminal and do a

sudo raspi-config

You can change the keyboard layout and internalization options like time zone and most core settings.

valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:21:01 PM

Congratz for Rokos 3  Grin This is awesome!

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
boacw

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:48:55 PM

OK, raspi-config did the trick, thanks :-)
justbee

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:22:07 AM

no image file on
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6j6kd8yGRsmVkU3VjBCbVRQa1k&usp=sharing#list
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 06:09:46 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2015, 10:05:48 AM by OKtoshi

The new and improved version will be uploaded and become available in the next hours.

gabenewell

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 11:36:48 PM

The new and improved version will be uploaded and become available in the next hours.

With more altcoins maybe ?
Like Gamecredits  Grin

Merry Xmas

You're right.I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a fuck.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 05:26:39 AM
Last edit: December 25, 2015, 09:44:02 AM by OKtoshi

With more altcoins maybe ?
Like Gamecredits  Grin

Merry Xmas

Gladly, info at OP Smiley  Merry Xmas!

ROKOS is Released for Free to support Bitcoin OK and the crypto environment adoption
If you find this work valuable or if it helped your project and You would like to support feel free to share your donations at

BTC   15VrDkat5vD4FfycRk3E4e7EgqftzK6tm8
OK   PWZg5F7NurKDNGdckRpQgmShEQhEHmF5W5

Want your Cryptocurrency Client and node included in ROKOS "Flavors" release?

0.25 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get added to all future "Flavors" upgrades/releases. (Permanently added to upcoming flavors releases)
*Only 4 spots permanent add promo.

0.15 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get added only to next "Flavors" upgrade/release. (1 flavors release)

0.50 BTC (or OKcash Equivalent) to support development
Requirement to get an Exclusive version release for your cryptocurrency with your custom cryptocurrency wallpaper and version name.

justbee

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 09:44:56 AM

please post link for img file,

Marry Xmas
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 09:51:23 AM

please post link for img file,

Marry Xmas

Merry Xmas,

Still here working had to do final details of packing for the new ROKOS v4, better, faster, smaller Cool

I am updating the OP with new screens and info as soon as the upload starts, link will be same as last release

so it will just appear in the folder soon after.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: