Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:12:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion  (Read 74665 times)
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 11:28:58 AM

Another node running Energycoin. With the blockchain on hdd.
I tryed with an old ssd drive but it died after 5 years not beeing used  Cry
It's synching. I will put my osx files on it to synch it faster.

Very nice, should post a pic over twitter using the #fullnode tags

Bootstrap failed. I'm synching the chain from the start. The pi is on is knees but already 25% done  Wink
I'm on @block 1.35M if fully in synq if go post this on twitter.
It would be nice to have a script for putting the bootstrap in the correct location and unzip.
But it is a good test completely synq the blockchain for EnergtCoin and I hope in a few days full node support.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 01:12:09 PM

I've set up 4 Pis with ROKOS flavors and fully synced the Digitalcoin blockchain, nearly 2M blocks, on each. 3 of them will be given away at Coinfest UK.

I highly recommend a good micro SD card. I'm using 32GB SanDisk Ultra cards.

Yes, they struggle a little, but I expected as much using a device with a weaker processor and less memory than my phone.

Note to new users, and something that should probably be added to the set up instructions: The default keyboard layout is set to something other than the layout for my keyboard, so at first I was not able to type a - (dash) to access the config menu (sudo raspi-config). I poked around the keyboard and eventually found the correct key, then changed the keyboard layout through the config menu options.

All things considered, I would consider ROKOS flavors a huge success and a wonderful contribution to the crypto community.

TT
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 08:25:45 AM

Got ROKOS up and running with very few problems. I simply copied my Energycoin folder over to ROKOS and thus had very very small wait time to sync the wallet. I will post pics later.

For those of you who use ROKOS, I did run into a problem getting it online with WIFI. The problem is in the network configuration file. You have to change the wlan0 manual to DHCP. I do not have the time to post instructions on what I did, but most likely will in about 2 hours.

All, in all though, the installation was not a big problem.
Thx Harcon,
I was trying to download for 4 days but I had patience to wait more days and stop the wallet @ block 1.55M and copied my PC blockchain to the hidden .EnergyCoin folder. The wallet I had already filled and staked on my labtop.
So my full RPI-node is no up and running!

I go tweet about this and I hope 100 extra RPI nodes before summer!
Retweet: https://twitter.com/GEO_Jan/status/708929694335369216

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:36:53 AM

Got ROKOS up and running with very few problems. I simply copied my Energycoin folder over to ROKOS and thus had very very small wait time to sync the wallet. I will post pics later.

For those of you who use ROKOS, I did run into a problem getting it online with WIFI. The problem is in the network configuration file. You have to change the wlan0 manual to DHCP. I do not have the time to post instructions on what I did, but most likely will in about 2 hours.

All, in all though, the installation was not a big problem.
Thx Harcon,
I was trying to download for 4 days but I had patience to wait more days and stop the wallet @ block 1.55M and copied my PC blockchain to the hidden .EnergyCoin folder. The wallet I had already filled and staked on my labtop.
So my full RPI-node is no up and running!

I go tweet about this and I hope 100 extra RPI nodes before summer!
Retweet: https://twitter.com/GEO_Jan/status/708929694335369216

Awesome! Let the Crypto Re-Evolution begin.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:40:07 AM

I've set up 4 Pis with ROKOS flavors and fully synced the Digitalcoin blockchain, nearly 2M blocks, on each. 3 of them will be given away at Coinfest UK.

I highly recommend a good micro SD card. I'm using 32GB SanDisk Ultra cards.

Yes, they struggle a little, but I expected as much using a device with a weaker processor and less memory than my phone.

Note to new users, and something that should probably be added to the set up instructions: The default keyboard layout is set to something other than the layout for my keyboard, so at first I was not able to type a - (dash) to access the config menu (sudo raspi-config). I poked around the keyboard and eventually found the correct key, then changed the keyboard layout through the config menu options.

All things considered, I would consider ROKOS flavors a huge success and a wonderful contribution to the crypto community.

TT

Great Tips! ROKOS has been optimized to run at a minimum of 8Gb microSD cards, (to provide options to every user)
The 32 Gb size is a great recommendation and gives the OS more storage power to work at.

Thanks to everyone involved, ROKOS would not be what it is without the different communities participation and users feedback.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
lennylenny

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:05:28 PM

WD is offering 314GB PIdrive specially designed for raspberry pi 3 B/ 2 B.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2016/03/wd-314gb-raspberry-pi-pidrive/

I checked offical Western Digital store and there is HDD enclosure that fits under official Raspberry PI case. This might be useful to everyone who plan to run ROKOS bitcoin full node.
Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 06:08:51 AM

I checked offical Western Digital store and there is HDD enclosure that fits under official Raspberry PI case. This might be useful to everyone who plan to run ROKOS bitcoin full node.

Nice find! And it comes in a 1TB version as a kit with cables and power supply for only $80.

Says it's specially designed for low power, but a little bit of a bummer that it requires those additional cables and there's only one option for a case because you couldn't use a standard enclosure without mods. For high capacity it seems like the best option though.

Any opinions on either of these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BGTG2A0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q57S62

TT
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 08:40:17 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 04:57:16 AM by OKtoshi

Nice find! And it comes in a 1TB version as a kit with cables and power supply for only $80.

Says it's specially designed for low power, but a little bit of a bummer that it requires those additional cables and there's only one option for a case because you couldn't use a standard enclosure without mods. For high capacity it seems like the best option though.

Any opinions on either of these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BGTG2A0
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q57S62

TT

Thanks for sharing! That is correct, those are the new HDD for pi by WD, Let me share you the advantages of each so people can decide.

HDD - Best IO speed (reading/writing) on Disk + the big storage (it is like a pc/laptop/mac harddrive) Great Speed, reliability, Size.(cables)

USB - Great IO speed (reading/writing) on Disk (less than HDD but great for storage device, way faster IO speed than any kind of SD(micro,normal,etc). Good speed, reliability, Size, plug and play (no cables)

MicroSD - Lowest IO speed (reading/writing) on Disk, SD cards have a limited number of times they can be rewritten, so eventually they get corrupted, it is a FACT. DO NOT USE FOR STORAGE OF YOUR BLOCKCHAINS, and ALWAYS make backups of your wallet, no matter which solution you apply.

Let me do special section on this:

If you already have a Blockchain on the microSD, eventually tend to get corrupted because of the rewrite process, please move it to a USB storage device, there are instructions on the Info files on desktop.

ROKOS CARE FOR YOUR SAFETY, FOR EVERY IOT USER:

DO NOT USE MICROSD CARDS TO STORE YOUR BLOCKCHAINS,

USE The MicroSD only for the OS and Files, USE USB/HDD or BETTER STORAGE DEVICE FOR THE BLOCKCHAINS (Data dir).

I only use Capitals so people read it, is not a scream or nothing more than a caution for your safety in long term and so you can be informed.

From the links the USB is a great option, thanks for sharing!

cryptochris

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:43:03 AM

This is awesome, I just found this the other day and finally got it running on my Pi tonight. However, I would like to add a couple wallets, Litecoin for one. I see it was in earlier versions.

Is there a guide on doing so? I've been looking ever since I got this running, not much luck.
sanitarium616

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:55:56 PM

This is awesome, I just found this the other day and finally got it running on my Pi tonight. However, I would like to add a couple wallets, Litecoin for one. I see it was in earlier versions.

Is there a guide on doing so? I've been looking ever since I got this running, not much luck.

you can use the tutorial for upgrading the bitcoin wallet to 0.12 just substitute the bitcoin bits with litecoin 
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 02:18:05 AM

running headless raspberry pi2 (no monitor no keyboard no mouse) accessible with rdp over local network
the use os is ROKOS flavors v5 which include native DMD wallet support

a 5w staking device

some might say rdp (xrdp on linux) is insecure but in fact is use out of the box a encryption but u should set in conf to high (128 bit bidirectional)
sudo nano /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
encrypt_level=high
and if u want more security u can use this for tunnel it through ssh http://c-nergy.be/blog/?p=6020

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:41:43 PM

running headless raspberry pi2 (no monitor no keyboard no mouse) accessible with rdp over local network
the use os is ROKOS flavors v5 which include native DMD wallet support

a 5w staking device

some might say rdp (xrdp on linux) is insecure but in fact is use out of the box a encryption but u should set in conf to high (128 bit bidirectional)
sudo nano /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
encrypt_level=high
and if u want more security u can use this for tunnel it through ssh http://c-nergy.be/blog/?p=6020

This is a great tip, should get added to ROKOS site tips & resources, thanks.

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 07:43:55 PM

you can use the tutorial for upgrading the bitcoin wallet to 0.12 just substitute the bitcoin bits with litecoin  

That is correct, you can use the guides or you can let the LTC community/devs to contact us here or at devteam@okcash.co
to claim a permanent integration if they want to support their community and get included in the permanent base coins for ROKOS flavors releases.

GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 11:44:11 PM

@OKtoshi:

Hey man, just to let you know that I was installing Rokos f5 and when I tried to change the datadir on the diamond.conf file it didn't work. It happened that the conf file must be named: Diamond.conf in order to be recognized by the Diamond wallet.

Just an observation; other than that, excellent job man, congrats! Smiley

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 01:50:54 AM

@OKtoshi:

Hey man, just to let you know that I was installing Rokos f5 and when I tried to change the datadir on the diamond.conf file it didn't work. It happened that the conf file must be named: Diamond.conf in order to be recognized by the Diamond wallet.

Just an observation; other than that, excellent job man, congrats! Smiley

Hi, just had the same feedback with DMD devs, will bet improved on next release and added to an upcoming
tips & resources version at the ROKOS website.

Thank you!

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 02:12:31 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2016, 02:25:25 AM by cryptonit

there seems to be some language and keybordlayout issues that affect non english users (german in my case)

as u can see here on right side i type qwertzuiopü and its ok on left side i type the same in dmd wallet and its not ok

same happend on energycoin wallet so its not a diamond wallet issue but somehow a issue how inside qt german language keyboard is handled

in this state its unuseable can not even type enter or numbers everything wrong mapped

i think the added value of ROKOS is a gui

else i can use headless wallets and console and ssh only but wont reach mainstream with easy wallet useage 5w cryptowallet device and os

update: just to clarify it works just wrong inside the qt wallets in console or other raspberry programs it works correct so its not related to the way i use raspberry (via xrdp)

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:38:26 AM

there seems to be some language and keybordlayout issues that affect non english users (german in my case)

as u can see here on right side i type qwertzuiopü and its ok on left side i type the same in dmd wallet and its not ok

same happend on energycoin wallet so its not a diamond wallet issue but somehow a issue how inside qt german language keyboard is handled

in this state its unuseable can not even type enter or numbers everything wrong mapped

i think the added value of ROKOS is a gui

else i can use headless wallets and console and ssh only but wont reach mainstream with easy wallet useage 5w cryptowallet device and os

update: just to clarify it works just wrong inside the qt wallets in console or other raspberry programs it works correct so its not related to the way i use raspberry (via xrdp)

Thank you for the feedback, agreed, QT over Pi continues to be experimental, which seems to be the issue,
as QT continues to evolve and integrate its support for the IoT devices, this issues should be worked out,
will run some tests in monday based on your feedback and will check if we can solve/hax it for the coming
ROKOS release.

Tsquared

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 05:35:29 AM

Not exactly seeing what's wrong with those screenshots, but noticed some odd text layout on the Chat screen of the Digitalcoin client. We are updating the client, and this functionality is going away, so not asking for anything to be fixed, just mentioning so maybe you can identify issues that may need resolved.

TT
El3k0n

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

USA TRUMP USA TRUMP USA TRUMP

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 05:41:36 AM

This is really awesome I don't know how I missed this. Good work to everyone involved Cheesy
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 10:43:03 AM

Not exactly seeing what's wrong with those screenshots,

TT

the two area where the red line is show the same typed text

right side its ok left side in a QT wallet its not

that affect users who dont use english keyboards

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: