Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:36:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion  (Read 74665 times)
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:15:11 PM

Definitly gonna do this. How hard is it to get other coins on here ?
I have
DMD, OK Cash, Transfercoin, Netcoin, Sprouts, Evergreencoin, Bitbay, Hyperstake,Primecoin
and will be adding
Solarcoin, Gridcoina and Qara

Are the ones that aren't on Rokos hard to add ?
Awesome job btw. It's slick!

Thank you,

Coins are easy to add as the system includes most of the required libraries already,
if you would like to see your favorite cryptocurrency permanently included in ROKOS
you can give them a shout to get in contact with us and claim a per release or permanent position promo, an honor to cross collaborate.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:31:10 PM

@OKtoshi
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg14304993#msg14304993
Stein

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:39:05 PM

Would that affect how many wallets I could have open ? Want something that can have like 10-15 wallets open

I should be running some stress tests with the PINE64+ as soon as we get it, I feel it could handle that quantity of wallets
in their node instances (non graphical) , else just get 2 devices and should have no troubles, will know for sure after it gets here.
We are official backers for the PINE64+ IoT device as well.

Please do let me know. i am very interested. i could run 2 of those no problem. Cheap enough too
utahjohn

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:46:39 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 01:13:36 AM by utahjohn

Just got a reply from pooler@litecoinpool.org regarding aarch64.
The source code for diamond, specifically scrypt-arm.S does NOT support aarch64 Sad
Contact listed was pooler@litecoinpool.org in source code.

As documented, there is no Aarch64 implementation in cpuminer.
I do plan to add one in the future, time allowing.

At least I identified problem but have not solved it yet ...

build/scrypt_mine.o: In function `scrypt(void const*, unsigned long, unsigned int*, void*)':
scrypt_mine.cpp:(.text+0x5c): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:302: recipe for target 'diamond-qt' failed
make: *** [diamond-qt] Error 1

this is caused by scrypt_core() not being compiled.
src/scrypt-arm.S does not support aarch64 (arm8).  

From crashoverride on forum.odroid.com
The .S files are unique to each processor architecture.   They are not interchangeable.  Someone will need to author a version of the .S file for aarch64 before it will work.

If you are going to get one, they are sold-out until middle of April, however I found mine at USA distributor (may still be available there) http://ameridroid.com
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:07:23 AM

The source code for diamond, specifically scrypt-arm.S does NOT support aarch64 Sad

build/scrypt_mine.o: In function `scrypt(void const*, unsigned long, unsigned int*, void*)':

The .S files are unique to each processor architecture.   They are not interchangeable.  Someone will need to author a version of the .S file for aarch64 before it will work.

If you are going to get one, they are sold-out until middle of April, however I found mine at USA distributor (may still be available there) http://ameridroid.com

Thanks for the feedback and link, I ll be able to help when I get the PINE64+ (64bit) or after when I can order the Ondroid,
already checked the link and cost, so should be ready to get it after PINE64+.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
utahjohn

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:15:21 AM

ouch on shipping cost LOL but it is 2-day Smiley
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:23:33 AM

would use the first option but that provides no tracking number or insurance at all.

^^,

utahjohn

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:30:40 AM

would use the first option but that provides no tracking number or insurance at all.

^^,
mine was 41.95+6.75 shipping 2-3 days priority (USPS)
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:31:47 AM

^^,
mine was 41.05+6.75 shipping 2-3 days priority (USPS)

Awesome! Benefits of living where you do.

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 02:47:29 AM

Recent Interviews on ROKOS

https://youtu.be/dAspwPYetR8

https://youtu.be/8jQU5z43_6M

utahjohn

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:45:33 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2016, 09:30:50 AM by utahjohn

I'll bet DMD foundation would post a bounty for someone to create src/srcypt-aarch64.S
here is src/srcypt-arm.S as a starting point: https://github.com/DMDcoin/Diamond/blob/master/src/scrypt-arm.S
This code is for arm 32 bit, needs to be translated to 64 bit ...

Thanks for the feedback and link, I ll be able to help when I get the PINE64+ (64bit) or after when I can order the Ondroid,
already checked the link and cost, so should be ready to get it after PINE64+.

Ubuntu 64 bit image for Odroid C2 is available here http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:c2_release_linux_ubuntu

Debian 32 and 64 bit image for Odroid C2 are available here http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=18771 (follow links to s905) http://oph.mdrjr.net/odrobian/images/s905/
For the Debian 32 version:
Linux Hybrid Kernel64/Debian32 (aka crashoverride edition)
-All remarks & features posted above apply exactly the same for this version except it's an ARMHF based system.
-This is basically a system with Linux Kernel 64bit running through Debian 32bit based rootfs.
-Maximum compatibility with ARMHF software built for previous ODROIDs meaning you can install anything.
-ARM64 is configured as a foreign architecture so you can also install 64bit applications.
-Hostname is "odroid32" unlike regular version which has "odroid64" instead.
-Some ARM64 packages are installed for kernel with other s905 specific ones to get updates from my repository.
-The idea is by @crashoverride.

I think I'd prefer Debian myself as raspbian is based on it and has lots of support.  Ordered a microSD card reader/writer on e-bay so I can re-flash my card ... and run crashoveride ... see if uname -p returns armv7 ... if so at least it's a temporary solution for DMD.

If you have not ordered yet, much cheaper from manufacturer in Korea http://www.hardkernel.com/main/main.php
Shipping from Korea to Utah, USA is $16 FEDEX (I bought the 32G Ubuntu 64 eMMC 5 card, power supply, case from them).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg14310026#msg14310026
CryptoHobo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:19:11 AM

I'm Having a problem with my ok wallet on rokos, the wallet opens and syncs but doesnt load up my wallet file so balance = 0
after several start ups it'll randomly open my wallet and show the balance/ start staking but the transactions list doesnt update to show mined blocks  Huh

any ideas what could be causing this
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 11:27:02 AM

my PI2 with rokos flavors v5 and DMD + ENRG wallet stop responding nearly daily and need a restart

i did try now run console only and just SSH and this time it did stay reachable for 2 days but then again a crash or lock up

were can i find logs to research why this happens?

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
utahjohn

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:36:53 AM

my PI2 with rokos flavors v5 and DMD + ENRG wallet stop responding nearly daily and need a restart

i did try now run console only and just SSH and this time it did stay reachable for 2 days but then again a crash or lock up

If I try to run too many things (like lots of tabs in firefox) and compiling several jobs Ubuntu 64 on the Odroid will crash, I am thinking swap file getting full?  try increasing you swap file size, OKtoshi said how to do ths a page or so back ... I hav'nt tried this yet, ROKOS is a bit different layout ...
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:48:26 PM

I'm Having a problem with my ok wallet on rokos, the wallet opens and syncs but doesnt load up my wallet file so balance = 0
after several start ups it'll randomly open my wallet and show the balance/ start staking but the transactions list doesnt update to show mined blocks  Huh

any ideas what could be causing this

This is just a graphical bug thanks to QT over the ARM devices, all the coins are fine and staking if the wallet is unlocked, there are some
instructions to fix the graphical issue over the readme files included over the desktop, will get fixed on coming releases as QT software evolves over ARM devices.

Also please open an Issue over the github for proper follow up, thank you.

https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:49:58 PM

If I try to run too many things (like lots of tabs in firefox) and compiling several jobs Ubuntu 64 on the Odroid will crash, I am thinking swap file getting full?  try increasing you swap file size, OKtoshi said how to do ths a page or so back ... I hav'nt tried this yet, ROKOS is a bit different layout ...

please add to the config files of this currencies.

dbcache=50

Let me know your results and please open an issue at github for proper follow up and solving so we add it to the tutorials section for new users that would require more instructions.

https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:51:14 PM

Sorry to not be able to help you with the Odroid system at the moment, ROKOS funding is only based on claims and donations,
will be able to order one with coming claims to test and help with the issue.

utahjohn

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:30:46 PM

Sorry to not be able to help you with the Odroid system at the moment, ROKOS funding is only based on claims and donations,

Installed Odrobian 64 bit debian based system http://oph.mdrjr.net/odrobian/images/s905/ on the Odroid C2 (much lighter footprint than Ubuntu 64 bit).   Be sure to run tasksel to install a desktop LOL.  also apt-get install oh-utils, and then run oh --gui
By default there was NO swap file turned on.  I created one with gparted on another drive and mounted is in /etc/fstab.  So far no more crashes Smiley
This is much closer to Rasbian (debian based) which is what u are using I think.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:39:00 PM

Installed Odrobian 64 bit debian based system http://oph.mdrjr.net/odrobian/images/s905/ on the Odroid C2 (much lighter footprint than Ubuntu 64 bit).   Be sure to run tasksel to install a desktop LOL.  also apt-get install oh-utils, and then run oh --gui
By default there was NO swap file turned on.  I created one with gparted on another drive and mounted is in /etc/fstab.  So far no more crashes Smiley
This is much closer to Rasbian (debian based) which is what u are using I think.

Great, thanks a lot for the feedback on this device! that is correct it will probably be the one we base ROKOS for on for that device.

utahjohn

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 01:36:33 AM

Still unable to compile DMD wallet on 64 bit, do you have a 32 bit armhf package I could try Huh
Needs to be compiled on 32 bit arm which works, dunno if 64 bit will run it ... armhf packages are supposed to run.
I just can't build it because scrypt_aarch64.S does not exist in the current github, got every other module compiled except scrypt_core ... compile fails at linking of diamond-qt.
I'd be happy to just get a 32 bit arm diamond-qt running for now Smiley
Tried installing Rasbian 32 bit but it wont boot on Odroid C2 64 bit ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: