Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:36:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Stratum mining protocol - ASIC ready  (Read 145767 times)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:43:29 AM

Few questions as I'm doing some heavy work with a custom stratum pool.

First off, is mining.set_extranonce being officially supported? If so, is cgminer going to be officially implementing this? I know bfgminer does currently support it.
cgminer doesn't support most things, just the minimum necessity for specific use cases.
Generally, you shouldn't need mining.set_extranonce, though.
I do, however, require support for set_extranonce. I'll do my own build of cgminer then. Just a pain to get users to use it rather than what they already have. Thanks for the reply.
Could just tell them to upgrade to BFGMiner...
Likely will, do you plan on supporting the new titans and vaultbreakers? Not sure how mining software goes about supporting new hardware. I will need support for very high mhs scrypt machines as soon as they ship.
That's mostly up to the manufacturers to provide documentation and sample units to work with (obviously if this is needed *at* shipping time, the docs at least would be needed *prior* to shipping).
cgminer certainly won't - it doesn't support scrypt at all (which the brands you mention are for).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ScriptProdigy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:50:55 AM

First off, is mining.set_extranonce being officially supported? If so, is cgminer going to be officially implementing this? I know bfgminer does currently support it.
cgminer doesn't support most things, just the minimum necessity for specific use cases.
I do, however, require support for set_extranonce. I'll do my own build of cgminer then. Just a pain to get users to use it rather than what they already have. Thanks for the reply.
Likely will, do you plan on supporting the new titans and vaultbreakers? Not sure how mining software goes about supporting new hardware. I will need support for very high mhs scrypt machines as soon as they ship.
That's mostly up to the manufacturers to provide documentation and sample units to work with (obviously if this is needed *at* shipping time, the docs at least would be needed *prior* to shipping).
cgminer certainly won't - it doesn't support scrypt at all (which the brands you mention are for).
Ah, yea forgot cgminer dropped scrypt support. Haven't done mining myself in a while. Doing some research on a large scale project I'm doing. I expect that they will provide you with enough information to give you support. Otherwise they lose business :p Haven't decided between stratum or gbt yet. Very large scale mining operation, have to be able to switch coins on the go. set extranonce lets me do this in stratum. Havent looked too much into gbt yet however.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:07:15 AM

Ah, yea forgot cgminer dropped scrypt support. Haven't done mining myself in a while. Doing some research on a large scale project I'm doing. I expect that they will provide you with enough information to give you support. Otherwise they lose business :p Haven't decided between stratum or gbt yet. Very large scale mining operation, have to be able to switch coins on the go. set extranonce lets me do this in stratum. Havent looked too much into gbt yet however.
GBT is pretty tightly related to Bitcoin specifically.
I don't know if any altcoins have put the effort into properly porting it.

ScriptProdigy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:11:52 AM

GBT is pretty tightly related to Bitcoin specifically.
I don't know if any altcoins have put the effort into properly porting it.
Ah alrighty, I'll stick with Stratum then. And BFGMiner, appreciate the help with clearing some things up. If I need anything else Ill shoot you a PM or something in the future Wink Likely with those miners and getting them running with bfgminer.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:42:32 AM

Trollololol

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
bitsum

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:59:22 PM

I encountered an error while running stratum mining proxy

Code:
C:\Users>mining_proxy.exe -o multi.ghash.io -p 3333
2014-10-14 01:14:46,180 INFO proxy jobs.<module> # C extension for midstate not
available. Using default implementation instead.
2014-10-14 01:14:46,187 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # Stratum proxy version:
2014-10-14 01:14:46,204 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.test_update # Checking for up
dates...
2014-10-14 01:14:49,927 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # Trying to connect to S
tratum pool at multi.ghash.io:3333
2014-10-14 01:14:50,267 INFO stats stats.print_stats # 1 peers connected, state
changed 1 times
2014-10-14 01:14:50,269 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Connected to Stratu
m pool at multi.ghash.io:3333
2014-10-14 01:14:50,270 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_connect # Subscribing for min
ing jobs
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 382, in callback

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 490, in _startRunCallbacks

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 577, in _runCallbacks

File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1155, in gotResult

--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "twisted\internet\defer.pyo", line 1099, in _inlineCallbacks

File "mining_proxy.py", line 243, in main

File "twisted\internet\posixbase.pyo", line 495, in listenTCP

File "twisted\internet\tcp.pyo", line 980, in startListening

twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8332: [Errn
o 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access
 permissions.
2014-10-14 01:14:50,611 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # Setting new dif
ficulty: 16
2014-10-14 01:14:50,612 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # New job a7730 f
or prevhash e0dab90a, clean_jobs=False
2014-10-14 01:14:51,526 INFO proxy client_service.handle_event # New job a7731 f
or prevhash e0dab90a, clean_jobs=False

Anybocy could help me?

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 11:50:15 PM

Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8332
bitsum

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 04:20:08 AM

Couldn't listen on 0.0.0.0:8332

That I can see,Anything more u can add like how to fix this?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 01:21:14 PM

i need a stratum that take one connection but then connect to multiple pool using multiple worker, with something like "--balance" for cgminer, i know slush stratum can't do this, there is something else
nicehash
Legendary

Activity: 885
Merit: 1006

NiceHash.com

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 07:10:34 AM

Feature proposal: client report hashing speed

It would be very useful for stratum protocol to include a client message to report hashing speed. Today's miners (SHA256, Scrypt and others) vary a lot in terms of speed. For efficient initial vardiff handling, initial miners distribution in dependence of speed, etc. it wold be very useful for a pool to be informed by the client at what speed it is hashing. It would be nice if this would be implemented in the stratum protocol.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:11:39 AM

Feature proposal: client report hashing speed

It would be very useful for stratum protocol to include a client message to report hashing speed. Today's miners (SHA256, Scrypt and others) vary a lot in terms of speed. For efficient initial vardiff handling, initial miners distribution in dependence of speed, etc. it wold be very useful for a pool to be informed by the client at what speed it is hashing. It would be nice if this would be implemented in the stratum protocol.
slush proposed a mining.get_hashrate for this a while ago... not sure if there's any specification/documentation of it though.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 10:32:21 AM

That's a reasonable request and I agree that using the originally documented syntax is a good starting place. Since JSON is capable of coping with pretty much any sort of data, I propose that if we do implement it, that it is a simple unit such as hashes/second. While the values obviously returned with this will be very large, I don't think this is of any real consequence since the management of the data is up to the server/client but json itself will easily cope with massive values there and having it as a "unit value" will be advantageous and flexible.

On the other hand, I can see serious issues with trying to implement this at the client end. Most client software does not know in advance what the hashrate of the hardware is until it has actually been mining for some time anyway (for at least a minute or so) by which time most half decent pool software will probably have some idea of what the hashrate will be anyway. Which means that apart from embedded hardware with an expected pre-determined hashrate (like an S3 or a spondoolies sp2/30), the client can't really accurately report the hashrate till after it's been mining for a while anyway. The only way it could report a hashrate is if the user consciously set up the miner giving the expected hashrate as "hint" to the client software such as --expected-hashrate 10000000 or something like that. If the miner already knows this and is manually inputting it, then there's no real advantage to doing that at the client end instead of the pool end as either telling the pool the hashrate or choosing a diff.

In short, I'm not against this stratum feature being implemented, but I think it's probably being hopeful that it will solve whatever problems the upstream pool is having by not knowing the hashrate in advance which a well coded pool hashrate estimator should work out itself.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:20:26 AM

What does it solve?
I'd wonder about adding functionality for no clear reason given, though that seems to be the new way.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pfool

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 03:47:10 PM

Could someone explain me what is the purpose of the mining.get_transactions stratum extension  ?

I am the developper of the stratum proxy https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy and someone reported me that the last BFGminer versions does not work with my proxy due to this extension. What should the pool respond if it does not support this extension ?

Thanks and merry Christmas  Smiley

Thanx Wink
BTC: 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

Could someone explain me what is the purpose of the mining.get_transactions stratum extension  ?

I am the developper of the stratum proxy https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy and someone reported me that the last BFGminer versions does not work with my proxy due to this extension. What should the pool respond if it does not support this extension ?

Thanks and merry Christmas  Smiley
A normal stratum error is fine.
{"id": whatever id the request has, "result": null, "error": (20, "Not supported", null)}

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 03:04:59 AM

Could someone briefly describe how extranonce2 is used ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]
  Print  

Jump to: