Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL SC / Jally first picture?  (Read 26165 times)
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 07:49:19 PM

They used the picture of an FPGA single because they want people to believe they have a working product and for people to order the product, when they probably have NOTHING done at all yet.

I bet they won't even come up with a working product, and rather run with everyone's BTC and money and all trade ins.

Isn't that a smart idea for a scammer?  Get people to trust them by shipping out FPGAs that are working, pretend they have an ASIC coming and wait for the trade ins and just run?

We've already seen it.  They're deceptive and trying to trick people. 

They really probably don't even have the investment capital to fully design and develop an ASIC.  It's a joke.

So unless they really come out this is what my thoughts are.  Don't pre order unless you can find a WORKING product.  There's no guarantees they will follow through with it, and we have absolutely no proof they are working on the product, no pictures or anything.

absolutely true! maybe the next major scam in the Bitcoin history!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 07:50:35 PM

LOL you two crack me up!

did you receive a ASIC prototype as BFL mentioned?

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:58:18 PM

LOL you two crack me up!
did you receive a ASIC prototyp as BFL mentioned?
Nope, but I got a FPGA Single in the mail. That was just to convince me they're a real company so I'll buy more ASICs, amiright? Those evil bastards at BFL are geniuses!

I suppose Newegg is probably doing the same thing" building both their brand name and a customer base over years of good products and quality support at decent prices, just so they can rip me off later on down the road. You've convinced me. From now on I'm only going to shop for computer parts at Wal-Mart, where I can see and hold what I'm buying in my hand!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:59:41 PM

There's a reason why they call it the "long-con"
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 08:03:04 PM

So you agree with me. You're going to start shopping exclusively at Wal-Mart too?

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 08:18:49 PM

LOL you two crack me up!
Nope, but I got a FPGA Single in the mail. That was just to convince me they're a real company so I'll buy more ASICs, amiright? Those evil bastards at BFL are geniuses!

did pirateat40 payout interest in the early days of his business? yes or no?

aqrulesms

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 08:23:19 PM

So you agree with me. You're going to start shopping exclusively at Wal-Mart too?

How exactly can Wal-Mart rip you off if you're receiving an actual product that works?

There is no sign that BFL has a working ASIC product as of yet.  And why would they use deceptive marketing?  That's a really bad practice.

Another good point that is in fact true is that BFL did not develop the FPGA on their own.  Someone can easily buy that chip from the supplier for BFL.

In the case of ASICs however, BFL does not have a supplier and is therefore dependent on developing the ASIC themselves.  The FPGAs were different, some other company developed them.

Knowing that one can state that BFL may not have the experience needed to fully develop an ASIC.  The FPGA single is not CUSTOM at all.

██ ██    ██ ██    ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██  ██
      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██    ██ ██ ██      ██    ██ ██ ██
   ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄
   ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀
      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██      ██ ██ ██ ██ ██    ██  
▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄      ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀      ▀▀    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
     ▀ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
    ██  ▄  ▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄  ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
        ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀
        ▀▀  ▀ ▀▀ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀  ▀  ██ ██
         ██ ██ ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ██ ██ ▄ ▄▄
           ▄▄  ▀▀ ▀▀    ▀▀      ▄▄ ▀▀
           ▀▀    ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀
UCHAIN  ▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
.████████████████████████.
██████████████████████████
███▄     ███████     ▄████
█████     █████     ██████
█████ ▌    ███▌     ██████
█████ █     █▌ ▐    ██████
█████ ██      ▐█    ██████
█████ ███    ▐██    ██████
████▀ ▀███   ███    ██████
██▀     ▀██ ██▀      ▀████
██████████████▀     ▀█████
███ ▀████████▌        ▄███
███    ▀████▀        ▄████
███                 ▐█████
████                ▐█████
██████              ██████
███████           ▄███████
██████▀         ▄█████████
████▄▄      ▄▄████████████
.███████████████████████.
█████████████████████████
███████████████████▀▀▀███
█████████████▀▀▀ ▄    ███
████████▀▀     ▄█▀   ▐███
████▀▀       ▄█▀     ████
█▀         ▄██      ▐████
████▄▄▄  ▄██▀       █████
███████████        ▐█████
██████████         ██████
██████████ ▄██▄▄  ▐██████
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 08:31:02 PM

How exactly can Wal-Mart rip you off if you're receiving an actual product that works?

There is no sign that BFL has a working ASIC product as of yet.

exactly! until now BFL ASIC products with all the preorders is nothing other than a ponzi scheme until there is a real proof that a BFL ASIC exist.

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 08:57:14 PM

exactly! until now BFL ASIC products with all the preorders isnothing other than a  ponzi scheme until there is a real proof that a BFL ASIC exist.
I don't think that work means you you think it means. Please stop throwing around scary words that aren't even applicable. Pirate ran a ponzi, that much is true. In fact he ran a pretty textbook example of a ponzi. EVEN IF all these accusation are true, and BFL is one giant elaborate, year long, multi-million dollar con, it can't even be considered a ponzi in any way.

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 09:01:56 PM

exactly! until now BFL ASIC products with all the preorders isnothing other than a  ponzi scheme until there is a real proof that a BFL ASIC exist.
I don't think that work means you you think it means. Please stop throwing around scary words that aren't even applicable. Pirate ran a ponzi, that much is true. In fact he ran a pretty textbook example of a ponzi. EVEN IF all these accusation are true, and BFL is one giant elaborate, year long, multi-million dollar con, it can't even be considered a ponzi in any way.

give me, us and the community a proof that BFL has an custom ASIC chip developed and produced. it is up to BFL to clearify the situation if they are customer oriented which I hope! only one proof, a photo, a prototype something like this. no big deal!

EDIT: and I mean a photo of the new ASIC board not of the old FPGA board here: http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=CtqlKFjhUUL-5KsHa-gaoyoHwDf-P3ZgD_-er7UC36q-6exABIMekoB1Q2_SVo_z_____AWCVwpmCrAegAem6iuMDyAECqAMByAPdBKoEYE_Qt6NC-P6r89hTGZAdBVz9cyrbwo9L1LOf93mZ8RzBAmMfUQUHeyKRP3GfhULOcF7vkTVwF3xsizOVbtlcUpsEjuiVTkYg26Ujr_Kmi45kl9w8EKln8CSjoaD9-Sc35ogGAaAGAg&num=1&cid=5Ghoqpc_VeYfjYtIxMwH_XHg&sig=AOD64_14gFQ-xSbRHs9lk2_OYjkwdnofLw&client=ca-pub-7496764558485520&adurl=http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/&nm=4&nx=396&ny=33&mb=2&clkt=103&jca=8274&bg=!AwcTv5DvAgAAAAoqAJJ3Vw5YIumPRGq5uJaaztLtHEYbfz0-DX0WEpMMopP3c5rI30adeuSec29eSwg80AphHqQjRFJ9uYMfQ9Cf30opgmcktuU9HLHHOzHCUS7IkSMxULjIvOFutCvRAmuiFM0WZRgqEK_uHA-FKCDftKXCYAdy63ZaThQtVROb4UppfFF7YJzGmtEgoAK-FwAyH3Re7A

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:12:48 PM

exactly! until now BFL ASIC products with all the preorders isnothing other than a  ponzi scheme until there is a real proof that a BFL ASIC exist.
give me, us and the community a proof that BFL has an custom ASIC chip developed and produced. it is up to BFL to clearify the situation if they are customer oriented which I hope! only one proof, a photo, a prototype something like this. no big deal!
Umm you know there have virtually no information about the bASIC or Reclaimer series of ASICs, except for price, estimated performance, and estimated ship dates. 3 different companies have all announced ASICs, they've all 3 announced pre-orders, and all 3 are within about 20% of each other's performance. Yet here, only BFL gets to be the lucky scapegoat. I don't see you calling the other 2 "non-customer oriented". I don't see you asking those other 2 for proof. Other's have, and I konw Tom spend pages upon pages refusing to show any proof of his bASIC. Is he a con too? If you have done either of these, I take my comment back, but I just don't understand all the BFL hate.

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 09:18:57 PM

Umm you know there have virtually no information about the bASIC or Reclaimer series of ASICs, except for price, estimated performance, and estimated ship dates. 3 different companies have all announced ASICs, they've all 3 announced pre-orders, and all 3 are within about 20% of each other's performance. Yet here, only BFL gets to be the lucky scapegoat. I don't see you calling the other 2 "non-customer oriented". I don't see you asking those other 2 for proof. Other's have, and I konw Tom spend pages upon pages refusing to show any proof of his bASIC. Is he a con too? If you have done either of these, I take my comment back, but I just don't understand all the BFL hate.

right, but in the moment we speak only about BFL because they did start with this ASIC discussion months ago! the others will follow to be discused. but be fair give them the whole amount of time wich we gave BFL too. BTW I know only bASIC doesn't know a other with a ASIC product anouncment.

aqrulesms

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:23:28 PM

Correct.

BFL is however the most discussed and speculated on this forum and therefore it is a good example of what could be a scam. 

I would not invest in any other companies or groups here announcing an ASIC because they have not provided proof either. 

▀▀    ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀
UCHAIN  ▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 10:12:42 PM

right, but in the moment we speak only about BFL because they did start with this ASIC discussion months ago! the others will follow to be discused. but be fair give them the whole amount of time wich we gave BFL too. BTW I know only bASIC doesn't know a other with a ASIC product anouncment.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108375.0

Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 10:18:02 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108375.0

thank you, I saw it already but thought it is based on BFL or bASIC and isn't an own product of Tycho. I suppose we have to wait 6 months and then the situation would be clearer.

runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 10:54:14 PM

LOL you two crack me up!
No no no. They will ship the ASICs alright, and then they will start scamming customers with the money made from their next product line. Although a different tactic could be employed, where they also ship this next product line, and THEN pull the plug. It's god damn brilliant if you ask me.
Pipesnake
Legendary

Activity: 1012

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:55:40 AM

The Bitcoin community has made BFL rich on nothing but words.  It is irrelevant whether or not they develop an ASIC .  BFL has won.  There are even people sucking BFLs balls in their signatures praising them for a product which doesn't even exist yet.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
aqrulesms

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:23:21 AM

The Bitcoin community has made BFL rich on nothing but words.  It is irrelevant whether or not they develop an ASIC .  BFL has won.  There are even people sucking BFLs balls in their signatures praising them for a product which doesn't even exist yet.

Yeah, if they indeed come out with a working product then I will buy from them.

Meanwhile the people arguing for BFL have nothing but to hope they come with a product because they pre-ordered without thinking it through.

Why would BFL even have pre-orders?  It's because they didn't have enough money to even develop an ASIC.  Think about it, if only 100 people pre ordered for ASICs and no one else they would never come out with a product.

▀▀    ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ▀▀
UCHAIN  ▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄█▄   
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
▄ ▄
███
 ▀
█▄█
▀█▀
freeAgent

Activity: 240

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:03:45 AM

So all those shipped FPGA parts are nothing but words?  I mean, there are certainly questions about BFL's progress with ASIC, but they are a real company that has real products and has been shipping them to consumers.
fizzisist

Activity: 720
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 07:50:17 PM

The Bitcoin community has made BFL rich on nothing but words.  It is irrelevant whether or not they develop an ASIC .  BFL has won.  There are even people sucking BFLs balls in their signatures praising them for a product which doesn't even exist yet.

Yeah, this has really been surprising me. Crazyates, are you getting some kick backs for the ad in your sig? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just curious.

Also, psy is another one. Any incentive for you?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: