Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL SC / Jally first picture?  (Read 26172 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 02:41:51 AM

They've taken lots of "real money" preorders via PayPal.  Considering that Sonny is already on probation and presumably barred from international travel, etc. it would be ridiculously stupid for him to involve himself in a scam.  Just sayin'.  Some scammers are compulsive, though, and can't help themselves.  Those people are sociopaths.

It does seem that the thrill of ripping people off really has an impact on a fraction of people.  To the extent that they will sometimes even be willing to take a loss in order to do it!  Thankfully it seems like a fairly small minority of people are in this category.  A minority of the general public anyway...not necessarily of those in the Bitcoin community...

I'm not sure if there is a recognized fraud like one poster claimed as being one where smaller items are delivered to develop confidence for the big kill.  Probably I suppose, and I've no doubt that it happens, but it seems to me that it would be awfully difficult to prove.  It is a fairly legitimate business strategy to leverage all financial resources one can muster in order to meet the various demands required to achieve fulfillment (and it's probably not a competitive strategy to do otherwise.)  And delays happen.  Nor is there an obligation on BFL's part to disclose the minutia of their operations.  So, as long as the big iron was so much as a theoretical possibility there is an argument to be made that they were/are acting in good faith.  If people send them money this in and of itself implies that the customers had done as much due diligence as the customer required.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 03:01:36 AM

b.   For five or six years, her only customer was Global Search Network, which was run by her ex-husband, Dennis Emmett. Dennis Emmett is now in prison in Costa Rica for murder, but was still issuing instructions to her from prison. Before she worked for Global Search Network, she worked for World Expert Fund. That company was owned by VLEISIDES. Her ex-husband, Dennis Emmett, worked with World Expert Fund for some time in Costa Rica.

Nice people Sonny associates with.
psilan (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 03:24:48 AM

Googling World Expert Fund presents some very sad stories of the people Sonny ripped off. They targeted vulnerable people clearly. Quite disturbing.

I look forward to viewing a public discussion about this. I hope he can be honest. The initial disclosure here is not.

dip
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 03:44:40 AM

Although this may be cause for concern to some, the fact is that we're a robust company SCAM with 22 employees.  One of them has a colorful background in offshore libertarianism IS A CONVICTED EX CONMAN.  If I thought there was even the possibility of something unsavory going on within BFL, you can rest assured I would a) not be part of it and b) would let everyone know it I AM A SHILL, I AM A SHILL, I AM A SHILL.

The reality is, we are legitimate WE HIDE ALL INFORMATION, ABUSE COMPETITION AND CUSTOMERS AND BLATANTLY LIE AND EVEN DEFEND OUR LIES., we have released revolutionary products RECYCLED PARTS SOLD AS NEW and we are going to release more revolutionary products PRE-ORDERS.  I was made aware of this back story prior to my employment SHILLING and I evaluated it and concluded that it was immaterial to the business at hand and thus joined BFL THIS IS A CON I WANT TO BE A PART OF.  There was nothing hidden from me  and Sonny has always answered questions and been completely open about his past, but I think we can all agree that it's not something you just announce to the world IF YOU WANT TO RUN ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL CON.

Well Inaba, do you have team that helps you shovel the truck load of bullshit you deliver ?

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 03:47:32 AM

Glad I've found this thread. I am in the process of moving a considerable amount of money from USD to BTC, which, due to all the restrictions, will take a few weeks (About a month at least. I hate our fiat system). That BTC's intended destination is BFL. I guess they have a few weeks to reassure me.

Though the obnoxious trolls aren't helping any, either. (I believe "shilling" does not involve outright disclosures that one is representing another for money)
psilan (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 03:57:48 AM

Glad I've found this thread. I am in the process of moving a considerable amount of money from USD to BTC, which, due to all the restrictions, will take a few weeks (About a month at least. I hate our fiat system)

I imagine it will take ages especially going in the opposite direction in your sig.

This thread is a rollercoaster, I feel sick.

dip
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 04:11:17 AM

(I believe "shilling" does not involve outright disclosures that one is representing another for money)

Indeed, Inaba has shifted from a shill to part of the con.

This was his previous argument against them being a con - I trust them and do business with them.
Now its - I trust this convicted con man and work for him, not an improvement.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 04:14:15 AM

Glad I've found this thread. I am in the process of moving a considerable amount of money from USD to BTC, which, due to all the restrictions, will take a few weeks (About a month at least. I hate our fiat system)

I imagine it will take ages especially going in the opposite direction in your sig.

Huh. Totally forgot about that sig. But nah, Dwolla has a $5,000 limit, and takes a whole damn week thanks to not working on weekends. Do the math.
(Now I just need the feds to come down on me for attempting to circumvent reporting a large transfer by making multiple below-$10k transfers  Roll Eyes)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 04:16:20 AM

Glad I've found this thread. ...

I found it through the SA forum.  Although the thing is quite a remarkable amalgamation of group-think, envy, ignorance, and confusion, they do turn up some interesting things on this forum from time to time.  Unfortunately one has to wade through lots of posts about the fire danger of mining rigs and several other themes which are repeated ad-nauseum by people who clearly have not done a damn thing in life and thus have a noticeable hatred for those few people who have.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
psilan (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 04:26:02 AM

Do the math.

Ok I will try.

Considerable amount, Divided by 5000
Equals.....I fail.

dip
JMAHH

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 04:31:50 AM

Although this may be cause for concern to some, the fact is that we're a robust company SCAM with 22 employees.  One of them has a colorful background in offshore libertarianism IS A CONVICTED EX CONMAN.  If I thought there was even the possibility of something unsavory going on within BFL, you can rest assured I would a) not be part of it and b) would let everyone know it I AM A SHILL, I AM A SHILL, I AM A SHILL.

The reality is, we are legitimate WE HIDE ALL INFORMATION, ABUSE COMPETITION AND CUSTOMERS AND BLATANTLY LIE AND EVEN DEFEND OUR LIES., we have released revolutionary products RECYCLED PARTS SOLD AS NEW and we are going to release more revolutionary products PRE-ORDERS.  I was made aware of this back story prior to my employment SHILLING and I evaluated it and concluded that it was immaterial to the business at hand and thus joined BFL THIS IS A CON I WANT TO BE A PART OF.  There was nothing hidden from me  and Sonny has always answered questions and been completely open about his past, but I think we can all agree that it's not something you just announce to the world IF YOU WANT TO RUN ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL CON.

Well Inaba, do you have team that helps you shovel the truck load of bullshit you deliver ?

Too good not to lol.
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 06:50:44 AM

My work here is done.  Fraud sniffer put to rest for the time being.

I trust you fine people can keep the energy level high.  Send up the crazy-pressure-cooker-mofo signal if you need to crack any more hardcases.

Has anyone sent Micon a notice to start a new thread on "BRIAN MICON'S LIST OF BIGGEST ASIC SCAMMERS" yet?
fizzisist

Activity: 720
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 06:54:54 AM

I'll submit my questions for the "town hall" now.

1. Is Sonny Vleisides the BFL employee who signs his emails "Sonny K?" Why the K? Is he intentionally trying to conceal his identity even more than just using V?

2. Did Sonny Vleisides found the company or is he merely an employee? The following quote makes it sounds like he is simply one minor employee:
...we're a robust company with 22 employees.  One of them has a colorful background in offshore libertarianism.

3. To be clear, is that employee with the "colorful background" Sonny Vleisides? If so, I am not sure "offshore libertarianism" is a fitting euphemism for the crime for which he was convicted. The victim statements in the affidavit posted by blakdawg are incredibly depressing.

4. Of those 22 employees, are any of their names: James Ray Houston, Rex Rogers, Dennis Emmett, William Cloud, Henry Walther, Scott Henry Walther, PJ Swink, or Michael Swink?

psilan (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 07:35:52 AM

I've made a Q&A thread, I hope the outline is acceptable.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110786.msg1206136#msg1206136

I'll lock this since it has served it's purchase and the original subject was wrong anyway.

Ooo Oooo Oooo the power is gushing through my veins!

dip
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: