Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:26:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:00:14 AM

I think teaching about bitcoin to those little kids is not a good idea..as in this open market it can distract them from studies but yes I agree that they can learn basic economics in the lower classes as well as it will help a lot to develop them and economics is more comfertable in jr.classes as because kids can really learn about the money system and about every country too..it will develop a bisness senve in them
If bitcoins get included in their studies it will no longer be a distraction as it will be a part of their studies.

And actually it is a good thing as more early they get involved the better they will understand about crypto currency.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Aayush

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

I believe in Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 10:25:13 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

Leaving apart the technical aspects, the overview of bitcoin that is it's decentralized approach can be conveyed using any simple example.
They can be told  how Government controls fiat while the power of bitcoin lies in the hand of it's users.
Which is an important lesson

Calm
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 01:14:47 PM

I think teaching about bitcoin to those little kids is not a good idea..as in this open market it can distract them from studies but yes I agree that they can learn basic economics in the lower classes as well as it will help a lot to develop them and economics is more comfertable in jr.classes as because kids can really learn about the money system and about every country too..it will develop a bisness senve in them
If bitcoins get included in their studies it will no longer be a distraction as it will be a part of their studies.

And actually it is a good thing as more early they get involved the better they will understand about crypto currency.

Why do kids need to learn about this thing? This is far from what kids can absord for their time. Although they are understand now, what can they do? I

dont think there are kids that using bitcoin for their own time for now. Better give them about economy education rather than bitcoin for the first thing

to learn. If you give them too much about crypto I dont think their mind can handle it, because it is their time to develop it not a pressing situation
jayce
Legendary

Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 02:43:30 PM

Why do kids need to learn about this thing? This is far from what kids can absord for their time. Although they are understand now, what can they do? I

dont think there are kids that using bitcoin for their own time for now. Better give them about economy education rather than bitcoin for the first thing

to learn. If you give them too much about crypto I dont think their mind can handle it, because it is their time to develop it not a pressing situation

As I said before, we just need to explain bitcoin for kids as an "other money" to buy their stuff. If they like video game, then you just search a game shop that accepted bitcoin, and show them how bitcoin working to buy the game.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
maheshmahi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:07:01 PM

Earning btc should be employed as a game.
So that kids can learn more about bitcoin and enjoy them
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:42:44 PM

Kids could learn how money was invented and why it was invented in the first place, and how Bitcoin is the most advanced for of money, but never the technical details of it or how goes it work beyond sending and receiving coins.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:52:08 PM

Children under 2 should be discouraged from using bitcoin and preschool children should not be watching the bitcoin price charts for more than two hours a day.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:30:31 PM

For knowing about bitcoin, they need to know how to use internet & learn how to calculate decimal value as same as how to calculate his money.
About teaching him directly, they actually need some animation because visual explained more 1000 words.
Just like ordinary money, bitcoin can be use to spend for fun or better keep it for investment
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1411

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 05:36:10 PM

It will not happen I can ensure you about this . Firstly, it is because each country has their own ministry of Education , whose job is to assign a suitable curriculum as well as books for the country's education system. This means that there is no chance for BTC to be included in children's education
Secondly, BTC is suitable for young teens most likely then childrens. Even most adult are having trouble with tech-things which I have doubt that BTC isnt suitable to be introduced to a children especially that BTC is considered as something that is "unreal" (virtual)

As I said before, we just need to explain bitcoin for kids as an "other money" to buy their stuff.

Explaining something that is "unreal" which is especially untouchable by a kids is a pretty much a bad idea

they need to know how to use internet & learn how to calculate decimal value

The bolded part indicate that it is will be hard for kids to learn about this stuff.

Teaching kids about BTC is pretty much very different than teaching kids about money. There are few concerns of mine regarding this

#1 BTC mostly use up decimal value for the smaller sum i.e $1 = 0.003xxxx which is hard for kids to comprehend things about decimal
     value in such young ages

#2 The price of BTC is too volatille. It may be a 0.003xx for $1 today and it might hit 0.004xx tomorrow so since the price is unstable 
     and volatille it is not suitable to teach kids about it and it will require you to explain the whole things on how this numbers change up
     each day and that would be complicated things to do

#3 Teaching kids something that is untouchable and cannot be see is like teaching kids about some fairy tales story

Conclusion on how to teach kids about BTC : dont teach them something that is not comprehendable by them yet

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:06:41 PM

Just give them some smart phone or tablet and they will pay each other using bitcoin to exchange things

jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 04:51:03 AM

Explaining something that is "unreal" which is especially untouchable by a kids is a pretty much a bad idea

I don't know exactly what you mean about unreal. If you mean unreal is a virtual thing, then there is a video game. Kids like to play it, and I think it doesn't matter if we just teach other virtual thing like bitcoin.

they need to know how to use internet & learn how to calculate decimal value

The bolded part indicate that it is will be hard for kids to learn about this stuff.

We just teach him something like, when you wanna buy a stuff with bitcoin. So you show them price of the stuff in bitcoin currency, then you show how much bitcoin in your wallet, then do transaction. It just a simple math for kids.

Teaching kids about BTC is pretty much very different than teaching kids about money.

There are few concerns of mine regarding this

#1 BTC mostly use up decimal value for the smaller sum i.e $1 = 0.003xxxx which is hard for kids to comprehend things about decimal
     value in such young ages

#2 The price of BTC is too volatille. It may be a 0.003xx for $1 today and it might hit 0.004xx tomorrow so since the price is unstable 
     and volatille it is not suitable to teach kids about it and it will require you to explain the whole things on how this numbers change up

#3 Teaching kids something that is untouchable and cannot be see is like teaching kids about some fairy tales story

Conclusion on how to teach kids about BTC : dont teach them something that is not comprehendable by them yet

If you said that, so do you think money is not complicated too? There are currency exchange rate, inflation, deflation, interest, etc in money case. But, a parents don't teach kids yet because that's not important to them. So, why you need teach them about volatility of bitcoin. Just tell him how use and save it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 04:59:01 AM

When I joined this forum I saw a thread where a Dad was teaching his Daughter (7-10 years old, if I remember correctly) on how to use bitcoins, basically what he did was explained to her that bitcoin is like money and to receive/send it one needs a wallet, he then taught her about wallets and helped her print some paper wallets, he then went on to send her some bitcoins and explained her how she can send these bitcoins to anywhere in the world and the only thing she needs to send is the wallet address of the recipient.

So teaching kids to bitcoins can be useful but not to a very deep level that might confuse/bore them, a basic understanding on how to spend and receive bitcoins will suffice and later on when they grow up they can be taught other technical aspects of it.

Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:27:15 AM

As I said before, we just need to explain bitcoin for kids as an "other money" to buy their stuff. If they like video game, then you just search a game shop that accepted bitcoin, and show them how bitcoin working to buy the game.

Lets say that your kids have been told this kind of money to get their game? Do you really believe that people will give their kids to do trading, fauceting or

even gambling to earn? Although there are that kind of store that accepting bitcoin, with those kind of things kids will never get what they want because

they can't earn by themself
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 06:42:05 AM

Lets say that your kids have been told this kind of money to get their game? Do you really believe that people will give their kids to do trading, fauceting or even gambling to earn?

So, when you introduced them about real money, did you tell them to study about other country currency and inflation? Don't make it complicated. Why we teach something that don't be needed for them. Each has it's own portion.

Although there are that kind of store that accepting bitcoin, with those kind of things kids will never get what they want because they can't earn by themself

And do you think kids with real money in their pockets can earn all of what they want? And I think with bitcoin you can monitoring what thing your kids have spent with bitcoin in their wallet. with real money? I don't think so.

Actually you can read a post by bitbaby right above you  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 07:02:47 AM

I don't know exactly what you mean about unreal. If you mean unreal is a virtual thing, then there is a video game. Kids like to play it, and I think it doesn't matter if we just teach other virtual thing like bitcoin.

You cant compare video game with BTC. A video games has been always a part of kids life and it is undeniable. A game is a game but BTC isnt a game , it is a currency . Currency that is untouchable and unseenable , of course we do have a physical coins that can be touch and seen but that is just a niche of it because BTC is "virtual" in nature

So you show them price of the stuff in bitcoin currency.

I have voiced my concern regarding this , mainly because prices of the stuff will be in USD ( or any other currency ) which means that this will differ each day because of the BTC volatility . Also not to mention about the decimal value which could be quite confursing for kids at their young ages

i.e $10 = 0.0378 BTC and $11 = 0.04017 for today and it will be different tomorrow depending on the rate tomorrow

From the example above you would see that it would be confusing for some kids that the each increment of $1 in BTC will generate a different decimal number each day depending on the rate

P.S : Do note that this is a rough count of the price and I am using USD to make the calculations much simpler

Teaching kids about BTC is pretty much very different than teaching kids about money.

There are few concerns of mine regarding this

value in such young ages

If you said that, so do you think money is not complicated too? There are currency exchange rate, inflation, deflation, interest, etc in money case. But, a parents don't teach kids yet because that's not important to them. So, why you need teach them about volatility of bitcoin. Just tell him how use and save it.

FIAT isnt so complicated because it has a fix "number" . $1 will always stay as $1 note no matter how big the inflation rate is , what matter about inflation is that $1 wont be useable anymore to buy some stuff but still $1 will still be a $1 note.
With BTC the value of it differ each day depending on the current rate which is quite confusing especially because it is involving decimal number for it , this is confusing for kids

As for the bolded part, Im not quite sure if you mean tell them how to "send" BTC or how to "use" BTC . Basically one couldnt use BTC to buy some stuff without knowing about the price but if you meant how to "send" BTC then it is pretty much just a single click on your wallet

So some food for thoughts :
you teach your kids that $1 equal to = 0.003 BTC today then the next days when he realized that $1 is not equal to 0.003 BTC anymore and so on. So your action is? will you teach your kids about how the rate of it could change so much in overnight? basically this is about volatility issue

When I joined this forum I saw a thread where a Dad was teaching his Daughter (7-10 years old, if I remember correctly) on how to use bitcoins

Back then I remembered we are still using a whole BTC because it is pretty cheap rather than 0.xxxx BTC to express $1 and volatility isnt a major issue back then

a basic understanding on how to spend send and receive bitcoins will suffice and later on when they grow up they can be taught other technical aspects of it.

I'd say teach them how to send and receive only without relying on the current rate of BTC for that moment. Basically things with "spend" involve the current rate of it in FIAT as most stuff have the prices on FIAT so this will simplify things if you are going to teach your kids about BTC and stuff

P.S : I could be wrong about the spend and send stuff

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 07:34:56 AM

You cant compare video game with BTC. A video games has been always a part of kids life and it is undeniable. A game is a game but BTC isnt a game , it is a currency . Currency that is untouchable and unseenable , of course we do have a physical coins that can be touch and seen but that is just a niche of it because BTC is "virtual" in nature

I didn't say bitcoin is a game, but both of them are virtual thing.

you teach your kids that $1 equal to = 0.003 BTC today then the next days when he realized that $1 is not equal to 0.003 BTC anymore and so on. So your action is? will you teach your kids about how the rate of it could change so much in overnight? basically this is about volatility issue

So do you think the price of a stuff in fiat won't change? I think we don't need think how we teach kids to understand about price of stuff is affected by bitcoin volatility. Kids just care about money can buy a stuff, and just show them how much the price of stuff, and how much we have in the wallet, and in one click you can show them bitcoin as easier method to buy a stuff than bitcoin in online shop. Kids will never care about the price of stuff is change in tomorrow, since they has bough it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 08:01:27 AM

I didn't say bitcoin is a game, but both of them are virtual thing.

I didnt metion anything about you said it either, I mentioned that you cant compare a video game with BTC because both are not the same kind although both are "virtual" things to begin with  Smiley

So do you think the price of a stuff in fiat won't change?[1]
Kids just care about money can buy a stuff, and just show them how much the price of stuff,[2]
and in one click you can show them bitcoin as easier method to buy a stuff than bitcoin in online shop[3].
Kids will never care about the price of stuff is change in tomorrow, since they has bough it.[4]

For the first bolded part, I do think prices in FIAT change as well but it is much easier to explain and doesnt involve alot of decimal numbers to begin with and also that AFAIK most prices in FIAT will always increase . Rather with BTC, value is going up and down the whole day which is not understandable for kid

For the second bolded part, it seems like this statement doesnt indicate thing about "teaching kids about BTC" but rather "buy them their favourite toys with BTC" .

As for the red colored part, this is what I keep on pointing from my previous post. Basically the price of each stuff are in FIAT which means that the value differ each day ( or even minutes ) which of course will raise awareness of kids on why such things happen and this is what my food for thoughts is. My question stands, what will you tell them about the value that is increasing and decreasing in a day?

P.S : this will be a question to anyone that wants to counter my argument as well, feel free to give a shot .

For the third bolded part, with just some numbers on a plastic you can get anything you want with a single click as well ( Im merely pointing this to Credit Card if you dont know what I meant ). Much easier to teach kids about some magical plastic card that could buy some stuff eh?

As for the fourth bolded part, it is almost the same as the second bolded part . It is nothing about teaching kids about it rather buy kids their favourite toys with BTC

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Anony

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:32:58 AM

well kids like to play, so something that can bring together bitcoin and gaming

like puzzle that when solved reveal a private key for example

it is important that kids start to learn early some basic economy, at least something about income and expenditure

i heard about a new law for some countries that will make it possible(to teach them basic economy) in schools

Kids are sharper to catch things specially new and interesting things. Grin
Their is an application also available in "apple tablet" called "Bitcoin Alphabets". Grin
It is better if bitcoins includes in their studies,with this help they study about crypto-currency at early stage and the value of money. Shocked
The Bitcoin Academy creating a network of classrooms online & in the real world "It provides a stepping stone for our students to reach the future they envision. Grin Smiley

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:37:28 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

Never thinking about this before.

But I ever see kids 10 years old (if I'm not wrong) build bitcoin project, I think some kids who interest to the technology will easy to teach, their brain is more powerful. Just one thing, don't let they play gambling and always make an attention to ponzi scheme is the way for scamming people.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:46:51 AM

well kids like to play, so something that can bring together bitcoin and gaming

like puzzle that when solved reveal a private key for example

it is important that kids start to learn early some basic economy, at least something about income and expenditure

i heard about a new law for some countries that will make it possible(to teach them basic economy) in schools

Kids are sharper to catch things specially new and interesting things. Grin
Their is an application also available in "apple tablet" called "Bitcoin Alphabets". Grin
It is better if bitcoins includes in their studies,with this help they study about crypto-currency at early stage and the value of money. Shocked
The Bitcoin Academy creating a network of classrooms online & in the real world "It provides a stepping stone for our students to reach the future they envision. Grin Smiley

i think they could separate it, crypto economy and fiat economy, they should learn the difference between centralization and decentralization

it is very important to have some bases about everything in your life, the early they start to learn the better

also learning about bitcoin, provide you some knowledges about security in general, because you learn about encryption, which is very important nowadays
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: