Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:49:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?  (Read 368851 times)
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:26:32 AM

I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

Well holding your bitcoins a long time is still risky because the price could go down or be neutral you can hold these bitcoins for about 6-7 months if you like to do that, holding them longer will be more risky

It's really hard to guess if bitcoin prices will go up or down so it's still risky but not that risky like gambling, so do what you want to do, if you like risk go on go holding and a little bit gambling

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:45:00 AM

indeed, it is because once the price value increase of were gonna trade and then we keep holding it again.
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:42:07 AM

off course holding bitcoins is a good thing but not holding every coin becasue that is not good for the price increase for us all if everyone holding the price will only drop.

You are right about that holding up some bitcoins is always good to be honest and right now its very good with this price at the moment.
Nothing can go wrong anymore in my eyes..
Holding is just a save way to earn some money but there must be a moment that you have to sell it and that is the most important moment also.
But it will be hard to know the right moment to sell it because the value is always changing.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:29:06 PM

Yes I think holding the bitcoin for a certain time is good for the worth of your bitcoins due to the fact the bitcoin is getting bigger and bigger these days.
Its just that it need some time to gain a lot of money, if you are believing in it and stay patient you will make a lot of profit.
md1120

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

not in very long time watch it price
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 21, 2016, 08:00:11 PM

Yes I think holding the bitcoin for a certain time is good for the worth of your bitcoins due to the fact the bitcoin is getting bigger and bigger these days.
Its just that it need some time to gain a lot of money, if you are believing in it and stay patient you will make a lot of profit.

On the longer term it is certainly a good way to 'earn' money. If you look at the day charts or your focus is 1 month. Then you should find another investment.
Thing is sometimes you need to wait long to get ROI.

Just look at the people who bought in 2013 at 1200 USD, they are still holding...
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 12:48:34 PM

I would not suggest you holding for long term as you do not make any say in government formulation of policy. What if you country decided to ban it or say a major incident broke out for bitocin and people panic and start selling . Or what if china dumps bitcoin than you will land in a soup. instead better sell it at a small profit regularly.

avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:51:38 PM

I would not suggest you holding for long term as you do not make any say in government formulation of policy. What if you country decided to ban it or say a major incident broke out for bitocin and people panic and start selling . Or what if china dumps bitcoin than you will land in a soup. instead better sell it at a small profit regularly.

I bought and I am holding. There is much speculation which way it will go. But I see it being adopted by companies slowly, businesses are fast, consumers are still slow. There is so much doubt to people unfamiliar with bitcoin. It often takes them getting in there and getting there hands dirty and touching some coins before they really even understand that its real money and technology and not just a scam.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:51:57 PM

Holding will likely make you the most money in the long term but obviously nothing in the short term. I believe in 2-5 years bitcoin will be worth multiples of what it is now so I think it'd be wise to save, but in the meantime you could try trading for profit. Risky to do this though.
yes if we choose to make a profit in a short time then the holding bitcoin is not a good decision. save bitcoin is fortunate for those of you who have a lot of money and you are not interested in getting money in the short term.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 03:59:48 PM

Yeah its a good way to hold it for a long time but  better to watch the price because price of bitcoin is unpredictable it can reduce or increase depends in demand and supply.. so think better and look for the best time to sell your bitcoin to make more profit..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Viyamore

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:24:03 PM

Yeah its a good way to hold it for a long time but  better to watch the price because price of bitcoin is unpredictable it can reduce or increase depends in demand and supply.. so think better and look for the best time to sell your bitcoin to make more profit..
Yes, but as long as it can hold it is much betyer to hold by 2 or more years because it will surely give a much higher profit and by that time bitcoins are more popular so it will more increase in demand the price will always continue to grow .

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 06:59:14 AM

Yes ofcourse, holding bitcoin in a long time is profitable since the value of bitcoin is go high, but you need to set a time frame how long you can hold your bitcoin, base on price or it will only base on years.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:43:02 PM

Yes ofcourse, holding bitcoin in a long time is profitable since the value of bitcoin is go high, but you need to set a time frame how long you can hold your bitcoin, base on price or it will only base on years.

My holding time frame is 10 to 20 years, if I do not need to use it. I belive the price will rise a lot in the future.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 04:56:29 PM

My holding time frame is 10 to 20 years, if I do not need to use it. I belive the price will rise a lot in the future.

it is a good idea to hold bitcoin for a long time but i think 10 to 20 years is a little too long time to hold bitcoin.

bitcoin should really reach that high price sooner than 10 years and if it can't get there the price will not rise in 20 years either.

Buying the dip...
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 05:45:13 PM

off course holding bitcoins is a good thing but not holding every coin becasue that is not good for the price increase for us all if everyone holding the price will only drop.
That is the statistic law of supply and demand and yes that is going to happen if all user of bitcoin not spending it either online or offline. The bitcoin will be dropped like a roaler coaster as for the title holding bitcoin for a long time lets say 4-8 years will guarantee your financial issue in the future.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1258

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 05:59:14 PM

That is the statistic law of supply and demand and yes that is going to happen if all user of bitcoin not spending it either online or offline. The bitcoin will be dropped like a roaler coaster as for the title holding bitcoin for a long time lets say 4-8 years will guarantee your financial issue in the future.

I kindly think so, and that might probably be the result.  But honestly it is something like a gamble.  Coz we all know we cant predict the future price of Bitcoin.  We can only speculate, but it is not the basis of will it increase or not. Will we make money or get bankrupt.  Still I think the best way to make money is to move it to invest on things that can give you profit.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 04:53:32 AM

Yes the bitcoin has a good future but its still the question if it will prove itself and prove it has a good one.
I think a long term is good but we cannot see this with 100%..
Edwardard

Activity: 1050
Merit: 681

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2016, 06:30:06 AM

Yes holding bitcoin for long time is a very good way to earn more money but you should have that patience to hold your coins. normally people just keep spending their coins and trade a lot because they think they can earn more money in very less time. this is a problem with most of us.
ardentvolcanoes

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 08:52:13 AM

actually yes holding your bitcoin for a long time will make earn more profit from it because while the time goes the bitcoin price is rising and will have an increase to it price .
helloangels

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2016, 09:00:00 AM

Yes holding a bitcoin for a long time is a good way investment but you should check always the price for you to know on how you decide for holding it for a very longtime
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: