Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:58:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [RUN 2 CLOSED][SIDEHACK STICK]GekkoScience Compac Official sales thread  (Read 69700 times)
Theebard

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:49:58 PM

is there anyway of buying these direct at the 25$ price and having them posted to the UK?

As bitshopper.de prices are more than twice the advertised price here.. Cry
zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:35:56 PM

is there anyway of buying these direct at the 25$ price and having them posted to the UK?

asicpuppy.com

But you get shipping cost from US ....

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:57:09 PM

asicpuppy.com

But you get shipping cost from US ....

I've bought 5 now and had them all shipped from the US. First 2 were from a private seller and last 3 were from asicpuppy.com which should be delivered any day now. The shipping has been pretty expensive but probably still slightly cheaper than bitshopper.de.
ammi84

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:18:03 PM

hum

i think i will buy some but bitshopper is too expensive ...

is it really not possible - i read some pages here - to buy some directly not over bitshopper?
it looks like asicpuppy.com has only 1 in stock?!
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 05:28:40 PM

hum

i think i will buy some but bitshopper is too expensive ...

is it really not possible - i read some pages here - to buy some directly not over bitshopper?
it looks like asicpuppy.com has only 1 in stock?!

Ask crazyguy, asicpuppy.com is his site: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=25223
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1855

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 09:01:57 PM

There are two large orders ahead of you in the queue totalling 91 miners. This week is a short week for the holiday, and spent on hosting and prototyping, so no further manufacture will occur until next week.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:00:41 PM

Nope.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:54:12 PM

Probably the pod miner, or maybe some work on the full boards.  The compac stick is pretty darn complete and solid, I'm not sure what could be improved if a v2 was ever even to be considered.
sidehack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 10:57:48 PM

Besides a new ASIC, I could improve buck-driver input voltage ripple isolation, and do digital voltage control, maybe improve LDOs. But I won't worry about any of that unless I get a new ASIC. Very likely I won't build any more Compacs after this next batch, of which some 180 are still up for grabs.

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 12:07:45 AM

Besides a new ASIC, I could improve buck-driver input voltage ripple isolation, and do digital voltage control, maybe improve LDOs. But I won't worry about any of that unless I get a new ASIC. Very likely I won't build any more Compacs after this next batch, of which some 180 are still up for grabs.

what can they mine? ...

id like to know how they work if you dont mind giving me a quick rundown ...

im a gpu miner - and have no real exposure to these asics ...

id be interested in adding then to thefarm if they are worth the effort and cost ...

tanx ...

#crysx

AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 05:11:22 AM

what can they mine? ...

id be interested in adding then to thefarm if they are worth the effort and cost ...

tanx ...

#crysx

hate to be the dick here, check page 1. it has every bit of information you need Wink
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 06:25:04 AM

what can they mine? ...

tanx ...

#crysx

hate to be the dick here, check page 1. it has every bit of information you need Wink

just goes to show how lazy i am ...

a lot to do today - which is why i am rushing things ...

tanx for the info ...

i was really wondering if these are the sorts of things that can be programmed eventually to do other algos - like x11 ...

im interested in asics for a project that may come about next year ...

but tanx again ...

#crysx

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:48:06 AM

Well just broke down and got my 3rd Gekko 8gh USB stick coming via paypal again (yeah big spender) Smiley

I'm stuck at work with overtime so wtf.

(They are like popcorn damn it) Smiley

Well only planning 5 to a hub due to heat...so may be out of his gekko miner clutches at 5 total at most. (er maybe) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
zOU

Activity: 728

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 09:56:26 AM

i was really wondering if these are the sorts of things that can be programmed eventually to do other algos - like x11 ...

im interested in asics for a project that may come about next year ...

they're based on Bitmain BM1384.
so they'll do whatever the chip can do ?

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3621

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:57:10 AM

Well just broke down and got my 3rd Gekko 8gh USB stick coming via paypal again (yeah big spender) Smiley

I'm stuck at work with overtime so wtf.

(They are like popcorn damn it) Smiley

no lets be accurate here

they are hardware crack
AJRGale

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 01:46:52 PM

ASIC = Application-Specific Integrated Circuit. the silicon is built for once purpose, SHA256D.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit

there is no available asic for x11 to what I know. If I recall correctly, there was a little hack to make Scrypt ASIC do some of the calculation of x11, I could be wrong, never looked it to the idea, it was just one of them things passing me in the forums here..
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 04:49:31 PM

ASIC = Application-Specific Integrated Circuit. the silicon is built for once purpose, SHA256D.

there is no available asic for x11 to what I know. If I recall correctly, there was a little hack to make Scrypt ASIC do some of the calculation of x11, I could be wrong, never looked it to the idea, it was just one of them things passing me in the forums here..
No I think the idea was a hack to allow an asic to do an scrypt N but you would have to be able to change the N variable in the end I don't believe anything happened.

This was a big one a while back multiple miners that turned out to be vaporware claimed to be working on multi scrypt algo asic.   Nothing ever came of it and it's just straight scrypt so far.

If anyone did manage it they did not make it open for public.  But considering how long ago people were saying they were working on it and we heard nothing in a long time I don't think even in secret there is a asic doing N and X11, etc.
AJRGale

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:00:44 AM

No I think the idea was a hack to allow an asic to do an scrypt N but you would have to be able to change the N variable in the end I don't believe anything happened.

This was a big one a while back multiple miners that turned out to be vaporware claimed to be working on multi scrypt algo asic.   Nothing ever came of it and it's just straight scrypt so far.

If anyone did manage it they did not make it open for public.  But considering how long ago people were saying they were working on it and we heard nothing in a long time I don't think even in secret there is a asic doing N and X11, etc.

Well there you go, it was bullshit I came across
sailorbg

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 10:37:39 AM

314 sticks paid (197 shipped)
It stays 197 shipped for a long time. I need to do a birthday present please.
fire27

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 09:49:59 PM

i'm sure its due to thanksgiving time because i sent some BTC and he hasnt updated the quantity ordered yet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: