Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:08:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Transgender  (Read 9754 times)
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 04:17:32 AM

When did I say anything about any other disorder? Every thing you listed is a serious issue with it's own problems and should be dealt with.  Just because we haven't perfected everything doesn't mean we can't work on more than one issue at once.

For one, there's a massive rate of violence and sexual assault on the LGBT community.  If you check out the Anti Violence Project's study here, the numbers are pretty messed up.  This 3% of the population catches a lot of shit, so that's a nice reason to be concerned about it.  There wouldn't be so much coverage on the issues if everybody was free to just live their life.  

Transgender  women  were  4  times more likely  to  experience  police violence compared to overall survivors.  

Transgender women were 6 times more likely to experience physical violence  when interacting  with  the  police  compared  to  overall  survivors.  

Additionally,  transgender  women were  2  times  as  likely  to  experience  discrimination, 1.8  times  more  likely  to  experience  harassment, and  1.5 times  as  likely  to  experience  threats  and  intimidation  compared  to  overall  survivors.

Transgender  women were  1.8  times  more  likely  to  experience  sexual  violence  when  compared  with  other  survivors.

In  addition transgender  survivors  were  1.5  times  more  likely  to  experience  hate  violence  in  public  areas  and  1.4 times  more  likely  to  experience  hate  violence  in  shelters.
(bolded) You didn't.  That's why I felt obliged to point it out.

Now let me address EVERY ONE OF YOUR TALKING POINTS about the 0.3% of the people you are focusing on.

You mean they have A FRACTION OF the violence, discrimination and so forth as blacks?

Wow....

I do not know what kind of case you have presented....
In case you haven't noticed, racial issues have also been getting a ton of press recently.  You can focus on more than one thing at a time.  You just keep using the fallacy of relative privation.

A couple points if we're focusing on hate crime

• Whether somebody passes should be considered with the statistics.  If nobody has any idea you were ever/are the other gender physically, they're probably safe except for a few cases (like sleeping with somebody before telling them).  Even if you don't quite pass, as long as you're halfway close people may just think you're not that good looking
  • Most states currently do not include transgender people under their hate crime laws, whereas every one covers race

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 11:57:58 AM

When did I say anything about any other disorder? Every thing you listed is a serious issue with it's own problems and should be dealt with.  Just because we haven't perfected everything doesn't mean we can't work on more than one issue at once.

For one, there's a massive rate of violence and sexual assault on the LGBT community.  If you check out the Anti Violence Project's study here, the numbers are pretty messed up.  This 3% of the population catches a lot of shit, so that's a nice reason to be concerned about it.  There wouldn't be so much coverage on the issues if everybody was free to just live their life.  

Transgender  women  were  4  times more likely  to  experience  police violence compared to overall survivors.  

Transgender women were 6 times more likely to experience physical violence  when interacting  with  the  police  compared  to  overall  survivors.  

Additionally,  transgender  women were  2  times  as  likely  to  experience  discrimination, 1.8  times  more  likely  to  experience  harassment, and  1.5 times  as  likely  to  experience  threats  and  intimidation  compared  to  overall  survivors.

Transgender  women were  1.8  times  more  likely  to  experience  sexual  violence  when  compared  with  other  survivors.

In  addition transgender  survivors  were  1.5  times  more  likely  to  experience  hate  violence  in  public  areas  and  1.4 times  more  likely  to  experience  hate  violence  in  shelters.
(bolded) You didn't.  That's why I felt obliged to point it out.

Now let me address EVERY ONE OF YOUR TALKING POINTS about the 0.3% of the people you are focusing on.

You mean they have A FRACTION OF the violence, discrimination and so forth as blacks?

Wow....

I do not know what kind of case you have presented....
In case you haven't noticed, racial issues have also been getting a ton of press recently.  You can focus on more than one thing at a time.  You just keep using the fallacy of relative privation.

A couple points if we're focusing on hate crime

• Whether somebody passes should be considered with the statistics.  If nobody has any idea you were ever/are the other gender physically, they're probably safe except for a few cases (like sleeping with somebody before telling them).  Even if you don't quite pass, as long as you're halfway close people may just think you're not that good looking
  • Most states currently do not include transgender people under their hate crime laws, whereas every one covers race

I call bullshit.

“Here’s the way that it works,” Shapiro added. “If you’re part of the designated victims list, then it almost doesn’t matter what you do at a certain point, you’re going to be designated the victim no matter what. If you are not on the designated victims list, then you won’t be, and it really is that simple.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/07/27/adam-carolla-on-zoey-turs-threats-against-ben-shapiro-tolerance-a-one-way-street-to-the-left/
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:09:52 PM

Consensual sex doesn't hurt anybody. Altering biological sex doesn't hurt anybody. Violence hurts. Hatred hurts.

Superstition fuels ignorance which in turn powers hatred and violence.

Religion is superstition, and therefore deserves to be abolished.

We've already talked about how some Christians are more tolerant than you. Does that mean all atheists should be abolished, because they aren't tolerant?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:44:22 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 04:06:27 PM by Spendulus

Consensual sex doesn't hurt anybody. Altering biological sex doesn't hurt anybody. Violence hurts. Hatred hurts.

Very ignorant response.  Of course surgery and hormone treatments have failure rates, rates in which patients die, catch infectious diseases, and rates for which the treatments have various side effects.

Of course consensual sex can and always has, hurted people, both emotionally and physically, a certain percent of the time.  Ever heard of STDs?

Sounds kind of .... BULLYING on your part .... to me ......
mamafii

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:40:13 PM

transgender is choice for human,
if they born woman or men, if they are not to received it from GOd cause they pleasant with their choice. i think its okey.
people having freedom and choice for life.
life rifht from they born in this world.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:47:04 PM

We've already talked about how some Christians are more tolerant than you. Does that mean all atheists should be abolished, because they aren't tolerant?
There is only one surefire method of pattern recognition, and that is science.

Asimov and Shermer were/are not haters.  Or bullies.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 07:50:39 PM

Asimov and Shermer were/are not haters.  Or bullies.
Go cry to someone who cares, theist. Yes, I'm a hard teacher, but self-evident truth is self-evident truth. The earnest seeker must not give any consideration to it's source.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:51:25 PM

There is only one surefire method of pattern recognition, and that is science.

You said consensual sex doesn't hurt anybody, Christians are for consensual sex. Altering biological sex doesn't hurt anybody, I totally believe it does, but people are free to do it. Violence hurts, Christians are against violence, and Hatred hurts, and Christians are against hate.

So the only thing you got going for yourself is believing that altering someone's biological sex doesn't hurt anybody, it's the only thing Christians would disagree with in that sentence. But, Christians shouldn't be stopping someone forcibly from going ahead and doing that. So that's moot too.

Your last post doesn't really argue what I was saying...it was out of place, and not really relevant. You're intolerant of a person because they're Christian when all of your previous points are moot.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:24:35 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 02:08:30 PM by Beliathon

Bethalion if you can't keep your bullshit contained to threads where they are on topic I am going to start reporting your posts (I suggest others do the same). The entirety of the politics and society section is not your personal toilet to dump your ideological bullshit.

LOL! Yes, please bother the mods with your childish irrelevant whiny horseshit.

(image quoted below)

FYI, Politics & Society isn't my toilet, it's my personal fucktoy. Suck it up, Princess Peach.

(image quoted below)

Where did you think you were? Some Bible-belt School? This is the internet, you come armed with Deep Reason or you get wrecked and laughed at. No one will protect you here when you reveal your ignorance.

On topic:

(image quoted below)

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:27:09 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 06:37:13 AM by TECSHARE

No one likes idiots shitting up every single thread with cultist bullshit either.

(ps, posting a picture about transgender person after your off topic post doesn't just magically make you on topic.)

Quoting for reference:

Bethalion if you can't keep your bullshit contained to threads where they are on topic I am going to start reporting your posts (I suggest others do the same). The entirety of the politics and society section is not your personal toilet to dump your ideological bullshit.

LOL! Yes, please bother the mods with your childish irrelevant whiny horseshit.

[/size]Suck it up, Princess Peach.

FYI, Politics & Society isn't my toilet, it's my personal fucktoy.

Where did you think you were? This is the internet, you come armed with Heavy Reason or you get wrecked and laughed at.

On topic:

Childish? Your inability to communicate in anything but memes is not childish at all. Reason? Spongebob is pretty convincing empirical data, you got me there. PS, I wonder if anyone else finds it ironic that a social justice cultist like you supposedly arguing for gender equality would label some one with effeminate labels as if it were an insult. Way to practice what you preach Wink
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:37:27 AM

Childish? Your inability to communicate in anything but memes is not childish at all. Reason? Spongebob is pretty convincing empirical data, you got me there.
ITT: Butthurt Theistard threatens to call mom and get me in trouble; later accuses me of childishness.

Hey, at least he didn't burn me alive (yet)!

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:51:04 AM

Childish? Your inability to communicate in anything but memes is not childish at all. Reason? Spongebob is pretty convincing empirical data, you got me there.
ITT: Butthurt Theistard threatens to call mom and get me in trouble; later accuses me of childishness.

Hey, at least he didn't burn me alive (yet)!

The adults are trying to have a discussion with out your constant off topic propagandizing. Propagandize your own threads and let the big kids have an actual debate. Better watch yourself, that "fucktoy" might bite your dick off. Ironically then you should have no problems staying on topic because you will have plenty of transgender issues to discuss.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 06:56:36 AM

The adults are trying to have a discussion with out your constant off topic propagandizing.
Given there is a functional ignore button right there beneath my avatar, I wonder why TECSHARE feels the need to call down mods to silence me? Could it be that he is not concerned with what he sees, but rather what you see, dear readers?

"Beware he who would deny you access to information, for he dreams himself your master."

Better watch yourself, that "fucktoy" might bite your dick off.
Ahh, there's that not-so-subtle violent undertone you theists are famous for. What, you want to make my soul SUPER pure with the agony of a severed cock? No thanks pal, you fuckers already robbed me of my foreskin when I was a defenseless infant, I'll be keeping the rest.

Ask yourself: why do you always bring it back to pain, suffering, and violence? In times past, this debate would be settled by people like you murdering people like me, usually after a good bit of torture. Now that this avenue is no longer available to you, what tools remain with which you can defend your faith / attack my reason?

Sooner or later you must realize that violence and deception were all religion ever really had. A two-trick pony, and the internet is robbing you of both tricks! Your worldview is doomed! You know it's true.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:05:15 AM

The adults are trying to have a discussion with out your constant off topic propagandizing.
Given there is a functional ignore button right next to my name, I wonder why TECSHARE wants to call down mods to silence me?

Could it be that he is not concerned with what he sees, but rather what you see, dear readers?

"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for the dream themselves your masters."

Better watch yourself, that "fucktoy" might bite your dick off.
Ahh, there's that not-so-subtle violent undertone you theists are famous for. What is it, you want to make my soul SUPER pure with the agony of a severed dick? Ask yourself: why does it always comes back to pain, suffering, and violence with you people?

Ignoring you doesn't change the fact that you destroy any actually legitimate debate with your baseless dogmas and evangelizing.  I don't want to silence you, I just want to limit the endless stream of fecal matter that flows from your mouth to the raw sewage holding areas you call your threads so the rest of us can have an adult discussion with things like facts and scientific studies. Still waiting for you to quote any theist statement I have made on this forum, but that isn't necessary because everyone whom disagrees with you is a theist aren't they?

Again: the topic is "Transgender", not "Liathon calls everyone theists and argues endlessly about religion."

Dr. Money And The Boy With No Penis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTcwqR4Q4Y
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:06:42 AM

"YOU GUIZE, THIZ THRED IS SERIOUS BIDNESS!"

Dr. Money And The Boy With No Penis

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:10:34 AM

"YOU GUIZE, THIZ THRED IS SERIOUS BIDNESS!"

Dr. Money And The Boy With No Penis

I am glad you think that the grandfather of your theories forcing a boy to live as a girl from infancy against his will eventually resulting in his suicide is so hilarious. I can't blame you though, after all the title did have the word "penis" in it, and we can't expect people like you who are emotionally at the level of a preschooler to take anything like this seriously.

Dr. Money And The Boy With No Penis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTcwqR4Q4Y
cooldgamer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:45:52 AM

Well this thread certainly got derailed fast.  Back on topic, the experiment posted above is a massive violation of scientific ethics and plain common sense.  Forcing someone to change their gender identity based on an accident is just.. wow.  Just because you don't have the parts doesn't mean you automatically switch mentally to the other gender.

It does seem to show that gender is hardwired into the brain one way or the other (as it should be).  The findings could also be used as an argument that trans people can't just accept the gender they were assigned, since the general consensus of the medical community says the hormones bursts that decide it are before the child is born

Edit for source with more studies

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:53:58 AM

Well this thread certainly got derailed fast.  Back on topic, the experiment posted above is a massive violation of scientific ethics and plain common sense.  Forcing someone to change their gender identity based on an accident is just.. wow.  Just because you don't have the parts doesn't mean you automatically switch mentally to the other gender.

It does seem to show that gender is hardwired into the brain one way or the other (as it should be).  The findings could also be used as an argument that trans people can't just accept the gender they were assigned, since the general consensus of the medical community says the hormones bursts that decide it are before the child is born

You bring up a very important point that social justice warriors and progressive cultists like to dance around. There is a biological component to gender identity. Gender identity is not just a social construct, it also has basis in biology and hormonal balance. Of course to bring this point up is to some how deny transgender people the ability to identify as they like and even a form of hate speech! Better not discuss any facts, it might offend some one's ideology.
cooldgamer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:03:48 AM

You bring up a very important point that social justice warriors and progressive cultists like to dance around. There is a biological component to gender identity. Gender identity is not just a social construct, it also has basis in biology and hormonal balance. Of course to bring this point up is to some how deny transgender people the ability to identify as they like and even a form of hate speech! Better not discuss any facts, it might offend some one's ideology.
I don't particularly think that they were denying that there is a biological aspect.  On the contrary, the point seeming to be made is that it is not a choice one way or the other, and people should be able to identify with whatever they feel is right for them.  Trans people should really be happy with these findings as it puts a dent in the 'You're just a freak' mentality some people have.

It is a pretty sad day when politics get in the way of science. 

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:14:09 AM

I don't particularly think that they were denying that there is a biological aspect.  On the contrary, the point seeming to be made is that it is not a choice one way or the other, and people should be able to identify with whatever they feel is right for them.  Trans people should really be happy with these findings as it puts a dent in the 'You're just a freak' mentality some people have.

It is a pretty sad day when politics get in the way of science. 

I find most social justice warriors do in fact deny the biological component of homosexuality/transgender people, because in order for them to justify their "progressive" cult ideology, they have to sell people on the idea that society is 100% responsible and therefore needs to be forcefully reorganized to accommodate their progressive cultist dogmas. I would recommend looking at the history of Feminism and Marxism, and how closely the two ideologies are intertwined a long with many of the same goals, such as destruction of the family unit and abolition of religion. It will provide some amazing insights into the true driving forces behind all these social movements happening today operating under the self proclaimed guise of tolerance and equality.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: