Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:27:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270084 times)
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:37:53 AM

It is difficult to keep them knowing that you can have a lot of money now if you sell it. You can wait and double it when bitcoin hits a massive target. Its up to you actually.

I would suggest to keep them and if you see that bitcoin is rising don't sell them wait for it to rise even more.
It is difficult especially for those that have a big amount of bitcoin but I’m sure that by now they have gotten used to the fact that they have an enormous amount of bitcoin and yet they are still living like normal people and not like the millionaires they are.
jekjekman

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:07:48 AM

You should never sell your bitcoin if you really can because not all people who are invested in bitcoin has the capability in doing such thing. For example you have a need of cash in the real world that only accepts your local Fiat money as payment and suddenly you have a bitcoin to finance that then you have no choice to exchange your bitcoin.

Good for those that have big pockets that they can hold as long as they want in their bitcoin holdings and at the same time spending their paper moneys without the need to withdraw some of their bitcoins. This post was on 2015 and it is all happening right now, let's wait for that $10,000 mark to happen then go back here.
cryptobiker

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:30:51 AM

So those who had been strong financially in the OLD world (pre satoshi times) for them its a no brainer They will HOLD like forever.... just because they can.

Now for the NEW World early birds like ourselves; Smart, apt for change, the believers and revolutionary investors we should DEFINITELY Hold big percentage of BTC and use remaining "if we must spent" given to the circumstances, honestly its so hard to depart with BTC...the feeling when it leaves your node wallet is killer but its also important that we keep the ecosystem healthy by keep on rotating and keep the market flowing...
just make sure when u are spending it is well spent on something which is of some importance to you and not on a pair of jeans or a pizza or that cute teddy your girlfriend liked.. u know what I mean  
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1268

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 03:54:51 AM

So those who had been strong financially in the OLD world (pre satoshi times) for them its a no brainer They will HOLD like forever.... just because they can.

Now for the new world early birds like ourselves; Smart, apt for change, the believers and revolutionary investors we should DEFINITELY Hold big percentage of BTC and use remaining "if we must spent" given to the circumstances, honestly its so hard to depart with BTC...the feeling when it leaves your node wallet is killer but its also important that we keep the ecosystem healthy by keep on rotating and keep the market flowing...
just make sure when u are spending it is well spend on something which is of some importance to you and not on a pair of jeans or a pizza or that cute teddy your girlfriend liked.. u know what I mean 
It's an opportunity to make yourself smart in spending with your money because, in the long run, it's you who will keep the money and see if it will HODL. We all hope for the best and doing that could expose ourselves to earning opportunities without having to do much of anything.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bubble pop

Activity: 265

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:33:33 AM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?

Simply because bitcoins value never stops to grow and if you do not spend your bitcoins and continue earning them into signature campaigns bounty campaigns twitter campaigns and trading faucets or whatever it is as long as you dont buy it or even if you do buy bitcoins when time goes by and the valur rises. The bitcoins you have might get much expensive than it does today. Because that is the good thing in bitcoins that is why a lot of people are getting involved in this the bigger money they can get with just not spending it by simply holding it.
1BTC EQUALS 1CAR

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:32:03 AM

Yes the price of bitcoin over the next years will reach all time high but for me I'll be contented and sell it to $10,000.
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:10:54 PM

It doesnt make any sense, imagine if all people does save their bitcoins, knowing it will get bigger value in the future, the question is how many years you would wait till sell your coins knowing its possible it keeps accumulate value over time. I do plan to sell a big part of mine bitcoins at 2020, when the halving should push the price maybe to 10000 dollars.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:39:26 PM

If you should just hold onto your Bitcoin and never let it go will be it will depend on the person who owns that Bitcoin. Because since Bitcoins are getting more popular there will still be times that some will try to see if they can sell it right away to get rich with cash or if they need an immediate cash to be used for an emergency. But its also a good strategy to hold on to your bitcoins and just let it increase more in price since the projected price or ceiling of bitcoin will be up to $10,000 many people will take advantage of it and currently as talks about Bitcoin is getting louder a lot of people choose to watch how the market will work on their favor.
You should never sell your bitcoins ever because they are surely going to benefit you in many ways in the future. Bitcoins can be used for making money by investing and trading it for other currencies or by exchanging them. Bitcoins are being used to buy/sell your products for bitcoins.
By just holding it you can already expect a big return, we have seen how the price pump and it's possible to happen again.
Bitcoin is destine for greatness and it will be successful, don't sell if you are not satisfied with the profit yet as the longer you hold
the more value it will grow.
people still have no fully believe on how the bitcoin prospect in the future .

they think it is still have a chance to become worthless sooner or later , so they just take a little profit in the short term. only few people who really have faith in bitcoin and hold bitcoin as long as they can in hope to gain profit through the money that they have invested since long time ago.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 672

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:02:38 PM

The problem with your argument is that Bitcoin at the end of the day will still be valued in terms of Fiat Currency meaning the products you will buy in Overstock or NewEgg will adjust to its price in terms of its Bitcoin value. There is no clear scenarios where Bitcoin will overcome the price fall of all fiat currency all the businesses will quickly adapt to tak advantage of Bitcoin in the end.
youdacapt

Activity: 1834
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 02:07:54 PM

The problem with your argument is that Bitcoin at the end of the day will still be valued in terms of Fiat Currency meaning the products you will buy in Overstock or NewEgg will adjust to its price in terms of its Bitcoin value. There is no clear scenarios where Bitcoin will overcome the price fall of all fiat currency all the businesses will quickly adapt to tak advantage of Bitcoin in the end.

From your comments, I am interested to see amazon's moves in the next month, as the world's largest online market confirms it will use the bitcoin option in their payment system. I am a realist person, I keep selling bitcoins as long as I can get them in various ways, going forward all the more difficult, 1 bitcoin price will be very expensive. I need to balance in every economic cashflow.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
akablackhat

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:50:26 PM

BTC is really having alot potential not everyboding is mining BTC for a temporary time period companies like genesis gonna mine and survive (pay their cost ) and hold the BTC for the futures cause of its great potential
that is why you should not sell 
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:57:07 PM

It doesnt make any sense, imagine if all people does save their bitcoins, knowing it will get bigger value in the future, the question is how many years you would wait till sell your coins knowing its possible it keeps accumulate value over time. I do plan to sell a big part of mine bitcoins at 2020, when the halving should push the price maybe to 10000 dollars.

You got it right.  And as a result of not spending or selling all our bitcoins, it can become extinct.   Cheesy. I mean what will be its value if we will not even use it.  Yes it could and has the potential to goes up and have a very high price but we should have atleast a time frame as to when we will sell our bitcoins. 
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:33:24 PM

Cause im waiting for that one big moment on bitcoin.  I will hold it till  it hit $20k  ,it doenst  matter how long i should wait , 5 to 10 years maybe , im waiting for that price cause its my selling price .
Ever considered that same profit margin is accomplishable by buying and selling at some strategic price levels and over a very short period of time. Buying and Hodl is actually not a strategy and  are not fail-proof either, besides it stands to impede on liquidity, when is one of the major attractions any investor would look to see before the decision to invest.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:48:00 PM

I think it will depend on how you use it. It's not just selling, you use it as a capital to earn more. It not that recommended to just hodl because its not that profitable.  And another thing is, if everyone will not use bitcoin in exchanges and everyone just HODL it I think prices will remain stable. Exchanges contributes to the movement of prices.
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:54:33 PM

One flaw with the initial argument is that when you use btc to buy some other good or service you are effectively selling your bitcoins anyway in exchange for that good or service. The same way when you spend using dollars, you are selling $1 for $1 worth of a good or service. So to never 'sell' would be simply to hold forever and then you just have a chunk of value sat there doing nothing.

filipwx

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 07:44:20 AM

One flaw with the initial argument is that when you use btc to buy some other good or service you are effectively selling your bitcoins anyway in exchange for that good or service. The same way when you spend using dollars, you are selling $1 for $1 worth of a good or service. So to never 'sell' would be simply to hold forever and then you just have a chunk of value sat there doing nothing.

well said!
It's basically "impossible" to never sell your bitcoins, because in fact, even if you keep them in your cold or hot wallet, you will be time to time in the need to buy something with your coins. Doing this, you will be selling your coins for the exact worth of a good or service at that time. Many people think that selling your bitcoins means only exchange it against cash and completly ignore that buying things on the market is still selling. Well the politics manipulated our brains so that we don't think so  Grin
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:45:28 AM

This is the good question and also have the very good answer I will not sell Bitcoin ever because from many times bitcoin price make the new high candle and their price is going up rapidly so that why to save Bitcoin is the best choice i think.
ongels

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 10:53:42 AM

Holding bitcoins is like you own a gold, or a land perhaps, In this way the time goes by the value also rises, There are many rumors that bitcoins will rose up to $1M /btc. This makes people craving to earn a piece of btc .This makes them a millionaire in the future. Who knows? This type of currency is unpredictable and i believe in it.
majdoso

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:10:24 AM

Selling bitcoin is not a good idea because it s increasing day by day and we predict that it s price will rich 6000 Dollars in the near futur. So we should all save our saved money and not selling it thid will an investment in it self.
portotoi

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:12:03 AM

i am not going to sell my bitcoins ever, i will just wait for the value of bitcoins to increase. If i sell it, i may regret, because if time will come the value of bitcoins will increases. Only other people will claim. So, i should Never Sell my Bitcoins Ever.    

Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: