Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst mistake you did with Bitcoin?  (Read 135038 times)
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:25:02 AM

i bought some dead altcoins which their price kept going down and i lost half of my bitcoin investment Cheesy

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
irfan01

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:27:22 AM

I invested my bitcoin worth $ 60 to websites that promise to add my bitcoin in a few days

but the website was suddenly becomes scam Sad
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 06:46:59 AM

~~~
I did collect some Dogecoin from faucet. Hoping the coin will reach the moon. Well when Dogecoin came out, I have no interest in cryptocurency at all. I would rather spend time (and GPU) playing computer games. Still collecting small amount of Dogecoin from day to day. Smiley.

i used to think like this and was collecting a lot of DogeCoin back when the price was higher than 100.
i even created a reddit post asking what everybody thinks about DogeCoin's future price and i've got a lot of 1$/Doge and all that to the moon stuff, granted by that time i was a newbie in altcoin markets, i believed it and continued gathering in my wallets.

but after seeing some facts about DogeCoin i decided against keeping them for long term. there is a huge amount of doge available and a lot of it is being mined every day and dumped on the market. meanwhile there is not enough demand for it to push the price up.

Dogecoin was originally created as a joke. Thus, we should not put so much faith on it. Just collect some Dogecoin from faucet will do. Never buy a coin if you dont trust them.

Actually i haven't yet made a bitcoin till now but the worst mistake my friend did with bitcoin was that he invested his 3 bitcoins on a scam trading site without inquring  or searching about it first..... Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

I believe your friends invested into a ponzi/hyip site. It's good that he or she told you about it. So you wont be making a mistake like him or she.

I invested my bitcoin worth $ 60 to websites that promise to add my bitcoin in a few days

but the website was suddenly becomes scam Sad

Ahh. You should always research about a website before investing. And if it's clearly a ponzi site... Dont invest too much Bitcoin into it.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 10:50:28 AM

oh well, I did so many bad mistakes, that I don't even know where to start, so just in names:
*BFL preorder
*BlackArrow preorder
*KNC preorder (even I received their miner, it was not smart at all)
*buying dogecoin during hype
*goxxed
*gambling

What's the worst mistake you made - which one make you lose most Bitcoin?

Considering my personal mistake, I was so naive and blindly believed random strangers, namely BFL and BlackArrow. Even lost was not highest one from list, I was pissed a lot by preorders, because I simply looked forward for new HW etc. Lesson learned - I will never ever preorder anything again..

the highest lost was with Mt.Gox - I had over 42BTC there..
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 11:58:54 AM

My biggest mistake, be tempted to play the advantages of investment, namely investment in web ponzi, im lost more than $ 40, and Im cry hahah, the web is cryptoshaft
Josef27

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 12:49:25 PM

My biggest mistake, be tempted to play the advantages of investment, namely investment in web ponzi, im lost more than $ 40, and Im cry hahah, the web is cryptoshaft
Good to see you learn from the past while everyone warns about investment that actually a ponzi Grin
ajun96

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 01:21:20 PM

Good to see you learn from the past while everyone warns about investment that actually a ponzi Grin
Im takes long time for me to move on, because Im invested all my money at the time, waking up to start from zero again it difficult right?
Josef27

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 01:24:35 PM

Im takes long time for me to move on, because Im invested all my money at the time, waking up to start from zero again it difficult right?
Yeah, gambling is fine as long you didn't use all of your money. Maybe just spare some, small, amount, play for fun if your "gambler" comes back!
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 01:33:28 PM

Not buying when I first got into Bitcoin and also selling my stash that I had from mining on my PC. I would be pretty well off right now no instead I sold at below 60 and regretted it since
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:23:27 PM

When i first heard about bitcoins, the faucets were giving  away 5 btc per claim, and i collected from it, placed in my old wallet and said; maybe one day this will be worth something..
But not knowing practically anything about bitcoin at that time, i backed up wallet.h instead of wallet.dat. Even though it's worth serious money now, i still kinda laugh
at myself for this. I made more mistakes that are bitcoin related later on - we all have, but this one is certainly the one i regret the most  Roll Eyes

cheers
pissedoff

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:28:02 PM

Oh and storing a little bitcoin in TradeFortresses scam wallet...that hurt the first time and last time I've been scammed.
Josef27

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 02:37:41 PM

When i first heard about bitcoins, the faucets were giving  away 5 btc per claim, and i collected from it, placed in my old wallet and said; maybe one day this will be worth something..
But not knowing practically anything about bitcoin at that time, i backed up wallet.h instead of wallet.dat. Even though it's worth serious money now, i still kinda laugh
at myself for this. I made more mistakes that are bitcoin related later on - we all have, but this one is certainly the one i regret the most  Roll Eyes

cheers
Ugh, I can feel the pain..

How many claims you do? Shocked
2? 5? 20? or 100?
fdylstyx

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 05:06:16 PM

Earned almost a half btc here on a challenge thread eating burritos and watermelon and sinking it all into an IPO that promised it would refund my btc in September if they don't launch by then. The site is a ghost town now but who knows right? Maybe they will launch and I can dump during the pump and double up. If they launch!

Oh well, a half of a btc for 20 bucks worth of Taco Bell and watermelon is no big loss. Right now if I still had the half btc that 20 would be worth about 150 US.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 07:28:49 PM

cheers

2? 5? 20? or 100?

Since bitcoin was at a early start then, and noone was serious about it, i didn't put much effort into it, but it was about 50-60 btc's.
The original wallet has went away on a laptop i sold, so there's still a slim chance that the person who bought it took coins as well,
but since i don't even have written that address, i can't know for sure. bummer

cheers
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:55:34 AM

Trading bitcoins for a shitcoin during its pump phase. I was left holding the coin for weeks until the price went back to where it was before the pump.
jacktheking (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:22:48 AM

oh well, I did so many bad mistakes, that I don't even know where to start, so just in names:
*BFL preorder
*BlackArrow preorder
*KNC preorder (even I received their miner, it was not smart at all)
*buying dogecoin during hype
*goxxed
*gambling

What's the worst mistake you made - which one make you lose most Bitcoin?

Considering my personal mistake, I was so naive and blindly believed random strangers, namely BFL and BlackArrow. Even lost was not highest one from list, I was pissed a lot by preorders, because I simply looked forward for new HW etc. Lesson learned - I will never ever preorder anything again..

the highest lost was with Mt.Gox - I had over 42BTC there..

Oh wow. 42 BTC is a huge amount of Bitcoin. I hope that you will not put so much Bitcoin into a third-party wallet again.

Interesting. I invested into WeeklyPonzi early this year lot of time. I manage to get my profit back because I know when to invest. Smiley.

cheers

2? 5? 20? or 100?

Since bitcoin was at a early start then, and noone was serious about it, i didn't put much effort into it, but it was about 50-60 btc's.
The original wallet has went away on a laptop i sold, so there's still a slim chance that the person who bought it took coins as well,

cheers

Any thought to get back the old laptop? If I were you.. I will try to contact the buyer. 50-60 BTC is a huge amount.. :/.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
ajun96

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 04:55:31 AM

Yeah, gambling is fine as long you didn't use all of your money. Maybe just spare some, small, amount, play for fun if your "gambler" comes back!
Yeah, but its so difficult bro, if you won gambling, altough small win,  You will be interested to bet with a larger amount, its true right ?

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 05:49:39 AM

Yeah, but its so difficult bro, if you won gambling, altough small win,  You will be interested to bet with a larger amount, its true right ?

it's true. learning when to stop when you're on the top is really hard. you'll always want to earn more, which may lead you to lose all of your money.

it's far easier just to stop gambling for good IMO
ajun96

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:43:18 AM

it's true. learning when to stop when you're on the top is really hard. you'll always want to earn more, which may lead you to lose all of your money.

it's far easier just to stop gambling for good IMO
Thats right bro, usually have to big lose in advance to be able to stop play gambling haha
Josef27

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:51:20 AM

cheers
That's still a lot, and the buyer really got luck with these Lips sealed
Even you can start up a small business/services with these amounts, and why I felt the loss too Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: