Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How much do you think 1 Bitcoin will be worth in 2020?
$100
$1.000
$10.000
$100.000
$1.000.000
$0
$1
$10

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you think 1 Bitcoin will be worth in 2020?  (Read 58234 times)
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:46:06 AM

5k/coin in 2020 would be like the absolute worst scenario, personally speaking.

If bitcoin failed and went to say $20/coin, then at least we have closure, and can move on to something else

If bitcoin succeeded and went to say $50,000, then great, goal reached.

But wtf is 5k? did it succeed? No. Did it fail? Well, it didn't fail either. Is it still worth holding? Will it still have a huge upside potential?

It'll be very tough to decide whether to keep believing or to give up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:49:52 AM

more votes please Smiley let's keep it going again  Cool

Yes everyone are voting and the most people have voted that by 2020 it will reach a value of 10000$ which is a calculated price. Even this barrier can be crossed if the world economy of every country is in growing path without any crisis
Fakhoury
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:24:20 PM

If bitcoin failed and went to say $20/coin, then at least we have closure, and can move on to something else

But wtf is 5k? did it succeed? No. Did it fail? Well, it didn't fail either. Is it still worth holding? Will it still have a huge upside potential?

This is what Satoshi Nakamoto said on Feb. 14, 2010

"I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume."

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:37:34 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 05:38:04 PM by Amph

"I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume."

why you think he said that? there is a reason, and it has everything to do with the controlled supply, the value can not remain by any means for a long time on the same number, it must grow or fall, only two outcome are possible
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:18:45 PM

why you think he said that? there is a reason, and it has everythign to do with the controlled supply, the value can not be by any means remain for a long time on the same number, it must grow or fall, only two outcome are possible

I agree Amph, I didn't deny this.

But I see the possibilities that we have "very large transaction volume" is so way much better than having "no volume", agree with me ?

Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:38:54 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2016, 07:46:08 PM by Amph

why you think he said that? there is a reason, and it has everythign to do with the controlled supply, the value can not be by any means remain for a long time on the same number, it must grow or fall, only two outcome are possible

But I see the possibilities that we have "very large transaction volume" is so way much better than having "no volume", agree with me ?

yes i also see this possibility more, unless some major flaw is discovered and fuck bitcoin completely, but i dobut something like that will not be fixable, in the rmeote case it will appear
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:46:59 PM

yes i also see this possibility more, unless some major flaw is discovered and fuck bitcoin completely, but i dobut somethign like that will not be fixable, in the rmeote case it will appear

There will be major issues for sure, or like I like to call them "growing pains", but I feel that we as a community, will work around it, for many reasons, the main reason, the value of our BTC wealth.

I'm extremely happy with what we are passing by, we are evolving correctly and we are seen as a danger for the ponzi schemes (Banks and such).

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:00:59 PM

Between 5.000 and 20.000, too hard to estimate. Of course mega fudsters like Mike Hearn will always be around to temporarily crush the price but in normal circumstances as we can see, the price tends to go up again and recovers quick. We are heading now towards 4 figures again.
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 06:09:29 PM

Between 5.000 and 20.000, too hard to estimate. Of course mega fudsters like Mike Hearn will always be around to temporarily crush the price but in normal circumstances as we can see, the price tends to go up again and recovers quick. We are heading now towards 4 figures again.

pereira4, what would you estimate in 2030 ?

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:23:57 PM

Volume != price, did he say anything on price or just volume ? Very different things and not necessarily related.

If millions of people around the world are using $10-20 Bicoins every day then the project will be a resounding success.
Fakhoury
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 08:37:37 PM

Volume != price, did he say anything on price or just volume ? Very different things and not necessarily related.

If millions of people around the world are using $10-20 Bicoins every day then the project will be a resounding success.

Don't forget that there will be investors, people who will use it as a store of wealth and the most important thing, "The 21M market cap".

arandy (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 08:05:58 AM

Don't forget that there will be investors, people who will use it as a store of wealth and the most important thing, "The 21M market cap".

yep that market cap is key Smiley
21M for something that's used worldwide will be very very small, that's mainly the reason i think it will be $10000+ in 2020
$10000 might just as well be 100 times as high in the long run. Also don't forget to pick up a bit of Ethereum this is gonna be an important part of the future to. It's hard to understand but easy to see it's a solid investment.

sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 10:33:41 AM

21M for something that's used worldwide will be very very small, that's mainly the reason i think it will be $10000+ in 2020
$10000 might just as well be 100 times as high in the long run. Also don't forget to pick up a bit of Ethereum this is gonna be an important part of the future to. It's hard to understand but easy to see it's a solid investment.

You are very optimistic.
Honestly i don't think it's realistic at all. Any figure above 2k is just guessing like a child would do.
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:16:30 AM

You are very optimistic.
Honestly i don't think it's realistic at all. Any figure above 2k is just guessing like a child would do.

Any guessing between $200-2000 is just guessing like an idiot would do. No critical thinking at all. Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit. I think there's still a chance for bitcoin to be between 200-2000 in 2020; it isn't very far away. But that chance is not that high, maybe 20%.

It'll either have gone way lower, or way higher. The current price of bitcoin is because of its value as a speculative asset. That is literally 99% of its market cap right now. If nothing happens in another 4-5 years, the speculators will start losing hope, and get out, causing a crash in price. If something big happens, then there will be another huge hype cycle followed by another crash (probably). Those are the most logical choices.

The only reason you idiots think that it'll stay around the same as it does now, is because you *think* it isn't realistic for it to change by a lot; because "it can't be that easy to get rich."

There's no way you can get rich just by holding something for a few years, right?Huh RIGHT??? WRONG.

Masayoshi Son gained over 1000x return in alibaba in ~10 yrs. Property prices in many cities in China literally went up 100-200 times in the past 10 years. Same with Dubai. And there's google, facebook, uber... etc etc etc.

Venture Capitalists routinely make investments that return over 100x their investment. That's how their businesses work. They literally get that kind of return EVERY SINGLE YEAR (on some of their investments). Otherwise they'd go out of business.

So just because you think it's unrealistic, doesn't mean shit. It just means you're ignorant and stupid.
futureofbitcoin

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:27:03 AM

It seems very unlikely that the transaction volume of bitcoin will go very high, now that we have this blocksize debate.

For some reason I can't understand, so many people seem to be stuck on this idea of "core" being the only legitimate "bitcoin". Personally I think it's really just a matter of naming. When bitcoin forks, both forks are "forks".

As intelligent people, we (as a society) should evaluate which fork is better for society, to decide which fork to use, not simply because one is named "core". It's absolutely silly to think that Satoshi Nakamoto is some sort of a God-like being who is so omniscient that he came up with an absolute perfect version of bitcoin that cannot be improved. In fact, core has changed a lot from Satoshi's original code too.

So why are people so determined to stick to "core" just because it's "core"?

But I digress. Regardless of whether this behaviour is rational or not, it seems to be the popular opinion amongst bitcoiners at the current time. Which means that the blocksize will not be fixed anytime soon.

I don't necessarily think that the other versions of bitcoin are better than the core; personally I'm not knowledgeable enough to pick a side.

I think there's value in bitcoin becoming some sort of a settlement layer as well. I'm not a libertarian. I'm more of a political agnostic; I really couldn't care less about politics. So bitcoin "succeeding" in becoming some sort of a micro-transaction innovation and remains at a low price doesn't interest me, even if it means bitcoin "succeeded"; to me it has failed.

If bitcoin was to become a settlement layer, a kind of digital reserve gold, that might be better for its value.
arandy (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:09:10 AM

You are very optimistic.

Then i'm a child and the majority of this topic are to Wink

I think we need to wait out the block size thing to have settled before we will see big changes in price again.
Right now everybody is waiting on what's cumming because a lot of people want bitcoin to get nice and low first so they can stock up.

As soon it is clear which way bitcoin is gonna go people are gonna buy like crazy because of the block halving cumming up.
I think 2k could be touched even then. But hey i'm a kid don't take my word for it because i don't know what happens, nobody knows what happens in this game.
Let's wait and see and score as much BTC as we can while in the process. 
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:50:50 AM

The Voting describes most of the users has predicted the value will grow to an extend of 10000$. From my opinion I don't believe in it. Counting from the value what its now it may reach to the maximum of 5000$ over the coming years. It is good if those predictions of the users comes true by the year 2020
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:43:24 AM

I guess $100.000 is totally possible, we have 5 years to reach that level.

I don't think so. I think that there will be another coin or something else that is more valuable. There will always be changes in the future.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 09:50:30 AM

I don't think so. I think that there will be another coin or something else that is more valuable. There will always be changes in the future.

He is talking about Bitcoin being worth $100,000 is quite likely and not about another coin being worth more. Bitcoin was already surpassed back then as being the most valuable coin per 1 coin. Do you remember 42Coin? 1 42Coin was worth around 1500BTC.
arandy (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 10:05:19 AM

He is talking about Bitcoin being worth $100,000 is quite likely and not about another coin being worth more. Bitcoin was already surpassed back then as being the most valuable coin per 1 coin. Do you remember 42Coin? 1 42Coin was worth around 1500BTC.

for about 10 seconds or so Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: