Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:15:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Dash a better alternative to Bitcoin?  (Read 23610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stan.distortion

Activity: 317
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:24:51 PM

So you are saying: if an adversary didn't have control of enough nodes, they couldn't reveal which account was making which transaction? I just want to get you on record.

No.

Thank you for confirming what i already knew: the protocol level privacy of Monero, Boolberry and aeon is better than the non-protocol level privacy of dash. Which means those coins have better fungibility and have superior privacy IE they make a better digital cash than dash.

Maybe a little clarity on that point:

What that means is Bitcoin transactions could be broken but the barrier to that is so far outside the realms of possibility to be entirely improbable and Darksend works the same way, in theory its possible to trace back but the resources needed to do it push it beyond reasonable probability.

Curious about the trolls methods? http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
Manipulation of public discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 02:28:08 PM

So you are saying: if an adversary didn't have control of enough nodes, they couldn't reveal which account was making which transaction? I just want to get you on record.

No.

Thank you for confirming what i already knew: the protocol level privacy of Monero, Boolberry and aeon is better than the non-protocol level privacy of dash. Which means those coins have better fungibility and have superior privacy IE they make a better digital cash than dash.

Maybe a little clarity on that point:
stats that have nothing to do with transaction linkage

What that means is Bitcoin transactions could be broken but the barrier to that is so far outside the realms of possibility to be entirely improbable and Darksend works the same way, in theory its possible to trace back but the resources needed to do it push it beyond reasonable probability.

That has nothing to do with what is being discussed: linkage.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 02:29:33 PM

Do cryptonote coins have value? Again, just want to cut through the BS and get at the heart of it and get you on record.

Read again if it gives you so much indigestion  Wink

Yes or no? I don't have time for your weird theories of money.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:35:22 PM

I don't have time for your weird theories of money.

That explains a lot  Wink
stan.distortion

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:40:08 PM

You're saying that's irrelevant to linkage? Sorry but that's BS. What if someone had 1/3rd of the network and attempted to de-anonymise funds? 1 round of Darksend and that's a 1 in 3 chance of tracing linkage, 2 rounds 1 in 9, at 8 rounds that's 1 in 6561 and Darksend is set for permanent integration so you're talking hundreds of rounds. Possible? Yes, probable? Hell no.

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:43:12 PM

Yes or no?

Dash doesn't answer questions when they do not like the answer. They deflect to other topics and attacks on your character which is what they have done here again
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 02:45:16 PM

You're saying that's irrelevant to linkage? Sorry but that's BS. What if someone had 1/3rd of the network and attempted to de-anonymise funds? 1 round of Darksend and that's a 1 in 3 chance of tracing linkage, 2 rounds 1 in 9, at 8 rounds that's 1 in 6561 and Darksend is set for permanent integration so you're talking hundreds of rounds. Possible? Yes, probable? Hell no.

The probability goes up with the greater control. How many masternodes do Evan and Otoh own? And that infographic has nothing to do with linkage BTW.

@drklvr--I know, i just ignore the petty stuff.

1aguar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:56:49 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 08:10:16 AM by 1aguar

Another aspect of its approach is that it retains compatibility with the Bitcoin technology ecosystem - this policy is now turning out to have worked to a significant advantage in propelling useability to the forefront in terms of wallets, 3rd party support and so on.

Interesting post. I saw in bitcoin magazine that Blockstream will enable instant transactions between exchanges via bitcoin sidechains. Do you think it would be fairly simple to build, let us say an app using Darkchain as the sidechain to do the kind of transactions described in this link? I think this is what the API will help with; is that right? I have heard sidechains promoted as a separate layer of improvement the bitcoin protocol; do you think the API will easily allow you to make an app that allows Darkcoin sidechains that integrate/work with Bitcoin sidechains? I think if the API has easy integration with bitcoin, that could be a big selling point; these private sidechains could be the start of something amazing, I think it could be used for smart contracts if I am not mistaken? Like Counterparty? And especially if there is a GUI app builder/generator and decentralized app launcher that allows you to easily mimic the Blockstream solution (for instant transactions), I think that if it could all be very nicely integrated in a GUI, then literally anyone will be able to make their own sidechain networks for potentially even MORE (or maximum?) decentralized instantaneous transactions via sidechain and it will potentially create many special use cases of DASH; I am curious if this is also being planned? I like the idea of sidechains, and if I could easily create and use/implement a sidechain, that is a big asset for DASH crypto in my opinion.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/blockstream-to-launch-first-instant-settlement-sidechain-for-bitcoin-exchanges-1444755147
stan.distortion

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:48:52 AM

Another aspect of its approach is that it retains compatibility with the Bitcoin technology ecosystem - this policy is now turning out to have worked to a significant advantage in propelling useability to the forefront in terms of wallets, 3rd party support and so on.

Interesting post. I saw in bitcoin magazine that Blockstream will enable instant transactions between exchanges via bitcoin sidechains. Do you think it would be fairly simple to build, let us say an app using Darkchain as the sidechain to do the kind of transactions described in this link? I think this is what the API will help with; is that right? I have heard sidechains promoted as a separate layer of improvement the bitcoin protocol; do you think the API will easily allow you to make an app that allows Darkcoin sidechains that integrate/work with Bitcoin sidechains? I think if the API has easy integration with bitcoin, that could be a big selling point; these private sidechains could be the start of something amazing, I think it could be used for smart contracts if I am not mistaken? Like Counterparty? And especially if there is a GUI app builder/generator and decentralized app launcher that allows you to easily mimic the Blockstream solution (for instant transactions), I think that if it could all be very nicely integrated in a GUI, then literally anyone will be able to make their own sidechain networks for potentially even MORE (or maximum?) decentralized instantaneous transactions via sidechain and it will potentially create many special use cases of DASH; I am curious if this is also being planned? I like the idea of sidechains, and if I could easily create and use/implement a sidechain, that is a big asset for DASH crypto in my opinion.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/blockstream-to-launch-first-instant-settlement-sidechain-for-bitcoin-exchanges-1444755147

All we have is guesswork based on the little we know about Evolution so far but its likely to sidestep sidechains altogether and be able to integrate most of their use cases directly into the network, InstantX and Darksend already do that to a degree but they're a stepping stone towards creating a network that delivers what's needed directly rather than added on.

Thinking it through I wouldn't be surprised if Evolution changes the way we look at blockchains completely but interoperability between chains is nothing like the same problem as interoperability between blockchain based systems and the legacy financial network. Bitcoin has brought digital money forward by several decades and with an up to date system in place to build upon the only limit to what can be built is the imagination.

BitHappy24

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:01:08 AM

I don't think so, then again it could just be my personal opinion
clixcoin
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:47:02 PM

I think yes it can be so many reason to take dive into this it has more bright chance to go to the moon it is more fast and secure with larger adoption and getting more attention from big investors.
CoinNation

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:09:17 PM

Do cryptonote coins have value? Again, just want to cut through the BS and get at the heart of it and get you on record.

I think cryptonote coins are valuable complement to bitcoin. They are difficult to trance and quite anonymous.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:16:14 AM

Please.. the instamine isn't even mentioned on the Dash ANN thread.

Dash has a far more important forum in use where it does get mentioned

So for the third time, what specifically is preventing you from also mentioning the instamine on the Bitcointalk forum as well?

What enables you to speak for every Dash user when you claim every user has "moved on" from the instamine scandal?

As an investor that is what i would check first (before spending money)
This information would not magically become irrelevant after a set amount of time.

Dash will turn your Cash to Ash !

you've been warned !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Coinonomous

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 12:21:15 AM

I think cryptonote coins are valuable complement to bitcoin. They are difficult to trance and quite anonymous.

I like monero myself.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,     

,p████████████████████N,   

d█████████████████████████b   

d██████████████████████████████æ 

,████²█████████████████████████████,

,█████ ╙████████████████████╨ █████y

██████  `████████████████`  ██████

║██████   Ñ███████████`   ███████

███████    ╩██████Ñ    ███████

███████  ▐▄  ²██╩  a▌ ███████

╢██████  ▐▓█▄     ▄█▓▌  ███████

██████  ▐▓▓▓▓▌▄█▓▓▓▌ ██████─

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌     

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─ 

²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩   

▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀   

²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`     

²²²         

qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:08:12 AM

If i was a serious investor i would pay attention to the following points :

* Roadmap : is there a clear and detailed roadmap with milestones to reach and how is the coin progressing on that roadmap ?
* Research and Development : is there clear and visible progress on R & D, which can be observed and monitored in Github ? (this is where the code gets publicly stored)
* Public information about core-team : do you know the actual people behind the coin's development core-team ? or are they just some anonymous people
  on the internet ?
* Is there some clear and detailed information available about the coin's history and can that information be verified ?
* Is there an active community available of this coin, is it using multiple communication channels and is its main forum not restricted to just Bitcointalk?
* Innovation & Problem solving : has this coin and its development team shown innovation and demonstrated problem solving skills ?  
* Scalability : can this coin be used by millions of people in day to day use without running into technical difficulties (blockchain bloat etc) and has it space to expand if necessary ?

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 12:41:19 AM

* Roadmap : is there a clear and detailed roadmap with milestones to reach and how is the coin progressing on that roadmap ?
* Research and Development : is there clear and visible progress on R & D, which can be observed and monitored in Github ? (this is where the code gets publicly stored)
* Public information about core-team : do you know the actual people behind the coin's development core-team ? or are they just some anonymous people
  on the internet ?
* Is there some clear and detailed information available about the coin's history and can that information be verified ?
* Is there an active community available of this coin, is it using multiple communication channels and is its main forum not restricted to just Bitcointalk?
* Innovation & Problem solving : has this coin and its development team shown innovation and demonstrated problem solving skills ?  
* Scalability : can this coin be used by millions of people in day to day use without running into technical difficulties (blockchain bloat etc) and has it space to expand if necessary ?

Thanks to Greg Maxwell's Confidential Transactions, Bitcoin will have better privacy than Darkcoin DASH ever did.

As for scaling, DASH has no plans to implement (and may be incompatible with) CLTV/CSV.  That means no sidechains and no Lightning for poor old DASH.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:00:46 AM

on the internet ?

bad info on dev's go public all the time..
and as bag holders you guys just deny it or ignore it. (or cry Troll)
nobody cares..
you guys play innocent angel doing the right moral thing then go ahead and invest in any crap.
say one thing and do another..

edit:
Development ?
If the coin is not developed on launch i don't bother.. i don't want promises.
and besides what developments do you expect ?
a currency to function as one ?
or gay little gimmicks like Markets and Anon features ?

Coins don't need to be anonymous and we don't need white papers or road maps etc.
that is all gay bullshit .

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:16:34 AM

Grin You're funny Spoetnik.  Are you really that stupid or just BSing?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:36:48 AM

Grin You're funny Spoetnik.  Are you really that stupid or just BSing?

His marketing tactics rely on him believing everyone is even dumber than him.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was in fact Icebreaker promoting Monero in bitcoin.com forums:

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 06:59:26 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 08:14:35 AM by Spoetnik

Grin You're funny Spoetnik.  Are you really that stupid or just BSing?

His marketing tactics rely on him believing everyone is even dumber than him.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was in fact Icebreaker promoting Monero in bitcoin.com forums:

You kidiots for the most part started after i got here..
When there was 50 coins or less (not 8,000) i saw the emergence of the "Added value gimmick"
I saw it take shape and unfold before my very eyes.

and don't forget guys when i started you all weren't hard at work ripping off stock market jargon and
yammering on about faggy little white papers.. but none of you would know this because you started late.

it's not because i am smarter..
it's because i started this shit way before most of you and watched the entire scene transform and morph.
Into a gay heap of scammy bullshit.

It wasn't like that when i started it actually believe it not had credibility.
there was no issues with all this scammy crap.

YOU GREEDY NEW GUYS STARTED THIS GAY CRAP COIN FAGGOTRY !

Then you have the nerve to run your mouth at me ?
puuuuuuhlease spare me  Roll Eyes
gimme a break.

you show up take a fat shit on this stuff and then play dumb and blame the guy next to you..
and then proclaim your stupid gimmick ridden scammy shit coin clone is legit but the guys next to me is pure scam LOL
right  Roll Eyes

so sit down and shut the fuck up i am the smart one here (you might just learn something)

I started when things were different and you know what ?
you guys have made my <rolleye.jpeg> emoticon worn out from heavy use.

Many of the older members here can easily attest to the fact that things were very VERY different than now.
There was no blow hard's spouting off about colossally over complicated gimmicks and white papers
spending 30 pages tossing around *regulated stock market terms to confuse the fuck out of your demographic..

kids.

You started this shit late ? well then you can shut the fuck up ..you know squat.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: