Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:01:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will be our new world currency? (see image below)  (Voting closed: October 30, 2015, 08:54:50 PM)
US Dollar for another 30+ years - 17 (38.6%)
China yuan - 4 (9.1%)
Russia ruble - 1 (2.3%)
Zimbabwe dollar - 2 (4.5%)
Bitcoin - 18 (40.9%)
Litecoin - 0 (0%)
Gold - 1 (2.3%)
Silver - 1 (2.3%)
Euro - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 44

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will be our new world currency?  (Read 18025 times)
g1974ak

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 06:20:19 PM

But not must be forgotten that the fiat money in the wrong money can do even the worst for anyone. There can be printed money not only when they needed but even when don't needed. In that situation it will be big inflation of the nationally currency and the crisis goes badly. There are to many examples in the our world. For example the money of Zimbabwe which produce money like childs print their pictures. In this cases the money is on the hands of the irresponsible people that must go in jail.
You have using this wrong thing for your lifetime. We should never blame fiat, because it just a currency or payment tool. The disadvantage of fiat is government get full control on it. So the value of fiat depends on how government manage it for its economy.

What are you talking about? You mean that is me or the guard of the central bank which print money? This is what you have understand for what I have wrote? You are in big trouble mate. Control yourself.... Who had blame the fiat money?
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:20:58 PM

I believe that Bitcoin stands a chance to become the new world currency. The US Dollar continues to depreciate in value and the American economy is in turmoil. Considering that the blockchain was created to help solve this economic crisis, if and when the dollar completely collapses, those who have any of their assets in Bitcoin will be in better financial shape than those who dismissed it as a sham.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 08:26:19 PM

Interesting thread and question.

Bitcoin goes against centralized banks, which most people have been conditioned to trust at the moment.  So until the people demand decentralization, which will require the average person to have decent awareness of the monetary system, it won't happen.  I think the likelihood of that happening is also very low.

I think it will be a good alternative currency, but likely not the global currency.

As for which fiat currency will win...really not sure.  It will be interesting to see how the decline of the USD plays out...it will really shake up the whole world, so I think it will remain the global currency supported by limitless debt and an ignorant population.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 11:52:00 AM

I believe that Bitcoin stands a chance to become the new world currency. The US Dollar continues to depreciate in value and the American economy is in turmoil. Considering that the blockchain was created to help solve this economic crisis, if and when the dollar completely collapses, those who have any of their assets in Bitcoin will be in better financial shape than those who dismissed it as a sham.

not to mention that us dollar cannot be a a true global currency like bitcoin, because it isn't accepted everywhere, and you need t pay a high fee to exchange to the current fiat in those countries that do not accept it

bitcoin on the other hand can be accepted by everyone and it is the only currency that can be used as a global currency, no fiat can compare to this
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:01:14 PM

USD of course! I wish if it was bitcoin but it won't simply happen  Wink

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 12:58:55 PM

I think bitcon would be perfect as a world currency. I think it would be a bad idea if some government or entity tried to force one on us but a decentralized one like bitcoin that is adopted naturally would be awesome.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:28:39 PM

But not must be forgotten that the fiat money in the wrong money can do even the worst for anyone. There can be printed money not only when they needed but even when don't needed. In that situation it will be big inflation of the nationally currency and the crisis goes badly. There are to many examples in the our world. For example the money of Zimbabwe which produce money like childs print their pictures. In this cases the money is on the hands of the irresponsible people that must go in jail.
You have using this wrong thing for your lifetime. We should never blame fiat, because it just a currency or payment tool. The disadvantage of fiat is government get full control on it. So the value of fiat depends on how government manage it for its economy.

What are you talking about? You mean that is me or the guard of the central bank which print money? This is what you have understand for what I have wrote? You are in big trouble mate. Control yourself.... Who had blame the fiat money?
Wow sorry dude, seems I have misunderstood your opinion, I though you said money is a worse thing for everyone.

not to mention that us dollar cannot be a a true global currency like bitcoin, because it isn't accepted everywhere, and you need t pay a high fee to exchange to the current fiat in those countries that do not accept it

bitcoin on the other hand can be accepted by everyone and it is the only currency that can be used as a global currency, no fiat can compare to this
Well atleast most world people know US Dollar, and in otherwise just 20% of them who know about bitcoin imo. Sooner or later, if people aware bitcoin, then no doubt it will be accepted by everyone. Its a challenge for government to face this reality.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:05:10 PM

I voted for Bitcoin, because I will believe in Bitcoin! Bitcoin is the best currency in the world! Smiley
If we measure the usefulness of a currency by the number of people who would potentially accept it, I think Bitcoin is already more useful than most small currencies of the world.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:21:32 PM

USD of course! I wish if it was bitcoin but it won't simply happen  Wink

yes, as long as fiats exist, dollar will seem to lead its position as the best fiat currency in the world, because dollar is too powerful simply because of the relations of the country and the strength in its economy. In a situation when dollar fails, I think other fiat currencies would try to replace it. And when things don't work out for fiat altogether, I think that's when bitcoin has a chance at world currency.
dollarneed

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:39:55 PM

this is the result for the What will be our new world currency?
17 people already choosen US Dollar for another 30+ years and 17 people already  bitcoin
But
there are 2 people has already choosen Zimbabwe dollar
do you believe in that Zimbabwe dollar will be our new world currency?
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:04:15 AM

IMO, it's a battle between USD and btc but I still choose bitcoin. Bitcoin is our future
Dahhi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

MERCATOX

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:19:08 PM

I do think a "world currency" is a hard thing.  Its not easy to get entire world to accept a form of currency.
[/quote]

With the way things are going, a one world currency is around the corner. BTC has a long way to go, USD is still the major player, so it seems it will be the world currency.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:43:12 PM

I feel that the US dollar will remain the currency of the world, I think it was the best. US Dollar is very well made in the role of prices in the world, but it also has always done, so I guess it's better to stay this way

▄███████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
bitdumper

Activity: 266

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:54:48 PM

The government can't accept bitcoin because they can't control it. We will never see bitcoin as main currency, but it can became a great alternative hedging currency.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 04:56:10 PM

I feel that the US dollar will remain the currency of the world, I think it was the best. US Dollar is very well made in the role of prices in the world, but it also has always done, so I guess it's better to stay this way

It will stay the main currency of the world for as long as fiat currencies exist. Nothing can change that. Everything in the world is tied to the dollar. Nothing comes even close to that.
adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:00:02 PM

Maybe bitcoin can be our new world currency, because there are many people who already use bitcoin now. So i think Bitcoin can be the 'next' Dollar, maybe someday it happen.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 07:39:14 AM

I never think that the world is just going to have one only currency, there are so many currencies on the world and I do not think that some countries would agree with having just one currency in the world.
wintermeasures

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 10:53:42 AM

I never think that the world is just going to have one only currency, there are so many currencies on the world and I do not think that some countries would agree with having just one currency in the world.

yeah i agree with you, as we know the journey and the dollar has become a favorite currency of various countries, but until now could not replace the dollar all the existing currency. As with bitcoin, bitcoin will not be the only currency in the world, although it can beat the value of the dollar. thank you
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:11:06 AM

yeah i agree with you, as we know the journey and the dollar has become a favorite currency of various countries, but until now could not replace the dollar all the existing currency. As with bitcoin, bitcoin will not be the only currency in the world, although it can beat the value of the dollar. thank you

being accepted by a couple of places in the world is a lot different that bein accepted as a global or world currency.
i don't think we can ever see such a thing that can be accepted and be used all over the world and with the same value. and it doesn't matter if it is USD or bitcoin they can't conquer the world.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:11:40 AM

Well it could be.
In the past we had gold coins which were universal (they still are btw), but suppose some kind of disaster overcomes humanity, then we will get back in time.
if not i do see 1 major digital currency being accepted all over the world. This would be a currency used next to their local currency.

And that currency could/should be bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: