Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 09:41:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:09:58 PM

Also did someone test the new wallet

Did work???L
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:10:59 PM

Also did someone test the new wallet

Did work???L

can't get it to sync on my VC yet, still trying Smiley

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:20:54 PM

My question went unanswered but from how I see it.

They think/know there is a POS glitch where someone can get POS more frequent than normal so they create these wallets but don't make it mandatory (hard fork) to update wallet.

Why would anyone update?

I think you're misinterpreting the update.

Those wallets don't fix the issue they are proof of the issue.  If you use either of those wallets you should in theory stake faster than you would using the normal wallet.

{ BitSpill }
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:32:37 PM

They think/know there is a POS glitch where someone can get POS more frequent than normal so they create these wallets but don't make it mandatory (hard fork) to update wallet.

Why would anyone update?

Those wallets don't fix the issue they are proof of the issue.  If you use either of those wallets you should in theory stake faster than you would using the normal wallet.

Thanks for the clear up.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
usamamalik555

Activity: 615
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:00:49 PM

Why would anyone update?

btw what you think about market ?
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:28:10 PM

Looks like the cryptsy wallet is working it's way through the deposits as there are some sell orders now

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
usamamalik555

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:29:17 PM

Looks like the cryptsy wallet is working it's way through the deposits as there are some sell orders now
yes.is this coin dead now ?
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:31:28 PM

are you an idiot?

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
usamamalik555

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:32:16 PM

are you an idiot?
just chill dude. i am just asking  Grin
btw there is only 5btc buy wall.
lool like you have many coins to sell  Grin
LordPiccolo

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:36:12 PM

are you an idiot?
just chill dude. i am just asking  Grin
btw there is only 5btc buy wall.
lool like you have many coins to sell  Grin

I am chilled, I was asking if you were an idiot Smiley

I am working my way up the rich list and the top 10 is in sight

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
xphore.ioxx

)
SolidZombie

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:39:06 PM

So just backed up and implemented the top link to wallet and its working.  No issues so far 17 connections.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:43:57 PM

Last question from me about these new wallets.

It says the second version was "delivered" and not really sure what it is doing besides quicker POS blocks.

What about the first one? Was this one made by the dev team or "delivered" also?

Don't want to run something that is unsure of source after people reported that coins disappeared from wallets a while back.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Krypt0Fr3ak

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:04:05 PM

The only issues with anything to do with hard-fork (as mentioned previously)  is now cryptsy has listed axiom you will need to wait for them to comply with any changes to the daemon/BC Which from experience can be a timely matter..

Trex team act quite quickly to stuff like this providing you can give them a heads up

So, if the dev/community need/request to fork this coin you must be sure the extra variable that is cryptsy is also onboard and ready to act.

Take for example Cryptsy's Cust. Support experiences, which are often long and can be tedious and often very slow.
The same can be said for their tech team especially in times of network problems issues/updates Wink .

All I am saying is to be sure to give them a good lead time if there are any plans of forking this code. I'm not fudding just pointing out this potential issue.  
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:09:07 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 02:29:48 PM by jc12345

It is difficult to say if the coin is dead or not. You have to take stock of the facts and then do an assessment.

It seems that the dev is awol with a "sore neck". The dev may or may not decidee to return. Coin management has asked the community to contribute to the coin, which in itself is a very good avenue to take, but coupled with not buying a GPU miner when it mattered and giving it to the public seems to indicate a lack of funding which s a concern.

There is about 40 odd days before the next high block reward. During this period there are 2 things that need to be addressed. Firstly the CPU/GPU issue and secondly the POS3.0. POS will continue after the 2nd phase of high rewards so that is not key critical for now and POS is not reliant on the specs of a CPU or GPU. The first priority is therefore CPU/GPU. Coin management has about 30 odd days to either upgrade the algorithm to make it more GPU resistant or to buy a GPU miner and make it available publicly (which should actually have been done right at the beginning). Given the apparent lack of funding coin management must therefore hope to find a good soul dev that would make the (complex) changes for free. The option is also there to beg and plead with the original dev to return to the project. If coin management fails to do this, the 2nd phase will be a bloodbath and another 130 pages of fud will be added to the thread with lots of upset people because GPU miners will get the lions share of the rewards. This assumption is based on normal human behaviour where a person wants maximum profit for himself and therefore a GPU miner with the miner software will not share it with the public for free before the end of phase 2. The beauty of the project however is the research into a GPU resistant algorithm.

Different approaches can be followed for POS3.0 which are to either get a dev and code it, or to wait for another coin to implement it and then copy the code. This can be done after phase 2 or when the CPU/GPU issue has been resolved.

Inflation is going to have a negative impact on the price due to the additional coins going into circulation with phase 2. Successful GPU resistance and POS3.0 will be needed as implemented features to counter the downward price pressure.

I am unsure about the reason for Cryptsy to have added Axiom at this stage. Based on the publicly available information which Cryptsy also has, it does not seem a logical decision at this point, especially also with lots of development and potential wallet updates down the line.  The listing is good for the coin though, but if people think that the listing in itself will cause a sudden new floor of 15k+ it is an insult to the intelligence of the Cryptsy traders as the traders also have access to the same information as Bittrex traders. This can be compared to a plastic toy with a flat battery being placed in a store in Oxford Street in London where it does not necessarily mean that sales will increase drastically or that people will pay more for it once they realise that the battery is flat. This point of view is based on the assumption that Cryptsy has access to the same information as the public and no additional inside information. *

Having said this the coin has several aspects in its favour:
- Research on a new formula to provide GPU resistance and fairer mining which is a noble cause and much needed
- Working on and doing research on POS3.0 which advances the way future coins might stake
- Cryptsy listing which will at least expose the coin to higher volumes that could have a positive impact on price if points one and two are successfully implemented.

It is clear that coin management has his (their?) work cut out for him (them?).  It is still a coin to watch and if breakthroughs can be achieved the future can be very bright and profitable. The next 30 days will be crucial though and will determine the future of the coin. The recommended strategy at this point is to take a medium to long term view of 2-4 months. Stake your coins if you think that coin management will succeed with GPU resistance and POS3.0 implementation given the constraints mentioned above as it should provide acceptable returns if successful, or if you place a low probability on that, rather move on as the chances are slim of significant short term action during the development phase. *

* Pump group action excluded
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:01:40 PM

It is difficult to say if the coin is dead or not. You have to take stock of the facts and then do an assessment.

It seems that the dev is awol with a "sore neck". The dev may or may not decidee to return. Coin management has asked the community to contribute to the coin, which in itself is a very good avenue to take, but coupled with not buying a GPU miner when it mattered and giving it to the public seems to indicate a lack of funding which s a concern.

There is about 40 odd days before the next high block reward. During this period there are 2 things that need to be addressed. Firstly the CPU/GPU issue and secondly the POS3.0. POS will continue after the 2nd phase of high rewards so that is not key critical for now and POS is not reliant on the specs of a CPU or GPU. The first priority is therefore CPU/GPU. Coin management has about 30 odd days to either upgrade the algorithm to make it more GPU resistant or to buy a GPU miner and make it available publicly (which should actually have been done right at the beginning). Given the apparent lack of funding coin management must therefore hope to find a good soul dev that would make the (complex) changes for free. The option is also there to beg and plead with the original dev to return to the project. If coin management fails to do this, the 2nd phase will be a bloodbath and another 130 pages of fud will be added to the thread with lots of upset people because GPU miners will get the lions share of the rewards. This assumption is based on normal human behaviour where a person wants maximum profit for himself and therefore a GPU miner with the miner software will not share it with the public for free before the end of phase 2. The beauty of the project however is the research into a GPU resistant algorithm.

Different approaches can be followed for POS3.0 which are to either get a dev and code it, or to wait for another coin to implement it and then copy the code. This can be done after phase 2 or when the CPU/GPU issue has been resolved.

Inflation is going to have a negative impact on the price due to the additional coins going into circulation with phase 2. Successful GPU resistance and POS3.0 will be needed as implemented features to counter the downward price pressure.

I am unsure about the reason for Cryptsy to have added Axiom at this stage. Based on the publicly available information which Cryptsy also has, it does not seem a logical decision at this point, especially also with lots of development and potential wallet updates down the line.  The listing is good for the coin though, but if people think that the listing in itself will cause a sudden new floor of 15k+ it is an insult to the intelligence of the Cryptsy traders as the traders also have access to the same information as Bittrex traders. This can be compared to a plastic toy with a flat battery being placed in a store in Oxford Street in London where it does not necessarily mean that sales will increase drastically or that people will pay more for it once they realise that the battery is flat. This point of view is based on the assumption that Cryptsy has access to the same information as the public and no additional inside information. *

Having said this the coin has several aspects in its favour:
- Research on a new formula to provide GPU resistance and fairer mining which is a noble cause and much needed
- Working on and doing research on POS3.0 which advances the way future coins might stake
- Cryptsy listing which will at least expose the coin to higher volumes that could have a positive impact on price if points one and two are successfully implemented.

It is clear that coin management has his (their?) work cut out for him (them?).  It is still a coin to watch and if breakthroughs can be achieved the future can be very bright and profitable. The next 30 days will be crucial though and will determine the future of the coin. The recommended strategy at this point is to take a medium to long term view of 2-4 months. Stake your coins if you think that coin management will succeed with GPU resistance and POS3.0 implementation given the constraints mentioned above as it should provide acceptable returns if successful, or if you place a low probability on that, rather move on as the chances are slim of significant short term action during the development phase. *

* Pump group action excluded

Well said. I would say to also focus on the CPU/GPU but instead of buying a gpu miner for the public research and make it gpu resistant or at least unfavorable compared to CPU. One of the main things going for this coin and why I invested is the CPU mining only philosophy coupled with POW/POS aspect. I have a 290 unlocked to a 290x but due to electricity will not run it 24/7. I do however have a ton of servers and love to use the downtime on these servers to mine a cpu coin which is what I am currently doing with axiom.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:14:54 PM

Well said. I would say to also focus on the CPU/GPU but instead of buying a gpu miner for the public research and make it gpu resistant or at least unfavorable compared to CPU. One of the main things going for this coin and why I invested is the CPU mining only philosophy coupled with POW/POS aspect. I have a 290 unlocked to a 290x but due to electricity will not run it 24/7. I do however have a ton of servers and love to use the downtime on these servers to mine a cpu coin which is what I am currently doing with axiom.

I agree with you there. Although providing a GPU miner will "solve" the CPU/GPU issue, it will be a copout and take away the sexiness and uniqueness of the project.
Nassau

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:16:45 PM

it's just another new algo coin.

No its not, gpu gains are limited pretty severely ? I guess you can consider that just another algo, so I suppose to each their own, but some of the other things are enough to keep me interested.. Who knows maybe secure hashing is underestimated, then people realize, and all of the sudden relevance has shifted and people actually care about the important things..  Undecided
mitchellmint
Legendary

Activity: 1139

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 04:44:14 PM

FYI, solo mining stats for 72 hours, 1 thread per core using minerd-multi posted on OP.

4Core Intel Desktop - found 8 blocks
8Core Intel Server - found 6 blocks
2Core Laptop - found 2 blocks
64Core Blade - found 51 blocks
4Core GPU 3 R280x - found 18 blocks

4Core Intel Desktop is exceeding expectations.

Buy TRUSTplus.  We are building a Financial Platform.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 04:51:44 PM

FYI, solo mining stats for 72 hours, 1 thread per core using minerd-multi posted on OP.

Does 425 coins cover your electricity cost?
mitchellmint
Legendary

Activity: 1139

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2015, 05:08:04 PM

Does 425 coins cover your electricity cost?

Not even close.  The "bet" is on future price and staking.  We are minters with RPis.  I have quite a RPi Array with an Array of coins.  I will not be cashing AXIOM in in 2015, so the mining and minting electricity plus RPi will be my investment.  If AXIOM can keep a team together, we might be able to continue to mine and stake into 2016.

Buy TRUSTplus.  We are building a Financial Platform.
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: