Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:28:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:05:00 PM

Even with the addnodes from the OP and 6 active connections it takes me hours to just load 4 days of blockchain?? How ?

It seems that some people are struggling with slow syncing.

I have updated the bootstrap.dat to block 24905. 14.4MB unzipped.

Link to bootstrap.zip (9.5MB zipped)
Link to axiom_bootstrap.tar.gz (9.5MB tar.gz
Link to checksums.txt

Remember to verify the checksums.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:05:18 PM

actually its more the miners who are exploiting the unemployed dev...

and always want more for free, and cry like babies if something is kept private

actually NO! If you come into an opensource project that is to benefit all, than taking that code to develop your project and closing the source is just like stealing.  U can rationalize anything to fit your viewpoint and make genocide sound fair. At the end of the day the profiteers and thieves will say we worked hard on it. Well so did the dev team  and you are stealing from them and ruining the goal of their project.. while i respect the talent and hardwork it takes to create this software, i think its regrettably dishonest  how you people introduce it into an open project .

its because the devs that create 'private' miners are actually keeping their OWN work private - not the opensource code ...

thats why they can and NOT stealing from anyone ...

if you could optimize and code the miners themselves - you would ... whether you release it to the public or keep it private is actually up to you as the person that developed it ...

the devs are not selling the opensource project - they are selling the work that they put into the open source project ...

there is nothing illegal about that ... stealing IS illegal ...

if they were doing something wrong - believe me i would be one of the first to say so ... but just because you dont agree with what the devs do with their OWN work and code - doesnt mean that they are doing something wrong at all ...

there are those that will take advantage of a situation that they can do so without doing anything illegal ( like stealing ) - and there are those that will not put their hands into their own pockets ( or help with the project ) and just whine about how unfair it is that they dont have a free miner ...

im neither here nor there with it ... if they are not breaking the law - then great ... if they are - then lock em up or punish them under the law ...

i dont see any authorities going after the devs - do you? ...

#crysx

i guess this is more of a philosophical debate than a legal one.. I hope BITCOIN crashes to a penny then u will see my point

yep, im stealing myself lol Wink i said it already, im not there to kill "cpu-only" coins

dude your talented no doubt .... come join the side of good

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
MARIJ666

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:06:01 PM

Great update!!

can't wait what this week will bring for this great coin!!
 Cheesy

Yes!!!Amazing muther fooking coin!!!

Axiom Team

you are just Axiom asshole.  Smiley Cheesy Grin
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:10:34 PM

actually its more the miners who are exploiting the unemployed dev...

and always want more for free, and cry like babies if something is kept private

actually NO! If you come into an opensource project that is to benefit all, than taking that code to develop your project and closing the source is just like stealing.  U can rationalize anything to fit your viewpoint and make genocide sound fair. At the end of the day the profiteers and thieves will say we worked hard on it. Well so did the dev team  and you are stealing from them and ruining the goal of their project.. while i respect the talent and hardwork it takes to create this software, i think its regrettably dishonest  how you people introduce it into an open project .

its because the devs that create 'private' miners are actually keeping their OWN work private - not the opensource code ...

thats why they can and NOT stealing from anyone ...

if you could optimize and code the miners themselves - you would ... whether you release it to the public or keep it private is actually up to you as the person that developed it ...

the devs are not selling the opensource project - they are selling the work that they put into the open source project ...

there is nothing illegal about that ... stealing IS illegal ...

if they were doing something wrong - believe me i would be one of the first to say so ... but just because you dont agree with what the devs do with their OWN work and code - doesnt mean that they are doing something wrong at all ...

there are those that will take advantage of a situation that they can do so without doing anything illegal ( like stealing ) - and there are those that will not put their hands into their own pockets ( or help with the project ) and just whine about how unfair it is that they dont have a free miner ...

im neither here nor there with it ... if they are not breaking the law - then great ... if they are - then lock em up or punish them under the law ...

i dont see any authorities going after the devs - do you? ...

#crysx

i guess this is more of a philosophical debate than a legal one

yep, im stealing myself lol Wink i said it already, im not there to kill "cpu-only" coins

dude your talented no doubt .... come join the side of good

everyone can see your point on this - BUT - there is a fine line between keeping something YOU created and distributing that for a fee - and reselling something that is already free ...

if it was honestly an illegal practice - then redhat and suse and all those other companies that have made BILLIONS of dollars on the back of opensource code would be in jail now ...

so its not philosophical at all .. but completely legal ...

i have paid for the private miners i have - some i didnt even use ... why? ... to help with the devs pockets to buy food beers or whatever they do with it ...

#crysx

NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:10:37 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE! IMPORTANT NOTICE! IMPORTANT NOTICE! IMPORTANT NOTICE!

NiceHash is providing you with improved, up to 120% faster CPU miner: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=23

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:11:37 PM

NiceHash is providing you with improved, up to 120% faster CPU miner: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=23

nice Smiley ...

now there is a good sign already Smiley ...

off to bed with me ...

nite all ...

#crysx

Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:13:53 PM

tx for your support Wink PS: he is not one of the "lucky?" (dont know yet) buyers...

but one thing is sure... this coin seems to be watched (nicehash, bittrex huge volumes, even freakers lol)

well i return on my tegra K1/X1 experiments Wink

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
MickGhee
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:23:07 PM

anyway if they can implement an I/O task into the hashing process it will be very hard to gain an advantage for gpu ... u still have all that lag created by the disk.. this is a problem i have ran into on another project..

ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:25:43 PM

Very impressive tried this on my overclocked FX-6300 and went from 48H/s to about 76H/s. Thank you for sharing!
itismoney4me

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:28:23 PM

Name one coin that is cpu only that is doing anything right now.

Magi coin! Grin
MickGhee
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:28:38 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 03:39:27 PM by MickGhee

bigg upps on this

more than doubled it for me THX

NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:29:57 PM

Very impressive tried this on my overclocked FX-6300 and went from 48H/s to about 76H/s.

Yea, it went from 120 to 260 on my overclocked 5930K. These latest Haswell-E CPUs are monsters Smiley

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
AxiomCryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 03:32:20 PM

https://i.imgur.com/h79dHXa.png

AXIOM Brief Status Update - Monday, August 3rd, 2015

Acknowledging the private GPU miner problem

It is our core belief that the only means of advancing this technology, is to take the problems and demands on directly. The community has spoken, the current GPU miner has lead to stress from many of our investors, though we do not currently consider the GPU miner to be a threat to the actual fairness of the coin, with the current hash rate, adjusting block rewards, staking and  scalability when compared to the ease of use, electrical costs, and widespread availability of the CPU. Everyone with a computer owns a CPU, anyone can mine AXIOM with a click of a button not everyone owns a GPU. Currently the CPU mining power on the network grossly outweighs that of the GPU.

Hardening the algorithm for further GPU resistance

We have spent the last several days researching different algorithms that may solve our current needs for continued GPU resistance.

We will be making these methods and the dates of our planned implementations public during this week of Monday August 3rd.

We are testing raising memory requirements and possibly using disk I/O as part of the algorithm.

If testing is successful and algorithm changes do not put too much strain on regular wallet users, AXIOM POW algo will be hardforked to AxiomMemHash 2.0.

POS 2.0 Security and fairness weaknesses

While monitoring the blockchain and block propagation during the incredibly competitive AXIOM DPOS, we’ve identified several major weaknesses in the current POS 2.0 code.

Difficulty target based on coin input size can be modified by rogue actors.

Time-distribution of coin inputs can be used by rogue stakers to stake more frequently.

Selfish-miners can stake more efficiently by skipping validation and inclusion of transactions from the memory pool.

Custom stake miners can be multi-threaded, hash at full speed, and outperform other wallets running less efficient single threaded stake miner.

AxiomPOS (POS 3.0)

AxiomPOS, or POS 3.0, is our next generation proof-of-stake protocol, incubated after conducting extensive research experiments and  identifying numerous serious concerns and exploitable deficiencies in the popular “PoS 2” protocol, which can be used to game the stake system for significant advantages at minimal cost.  Presently ALL alt coins using the PoS 2 protocol are susceptible to these methods. We are well aware the above statements will cause controversy, and a whitepaper is currently being drafted and edited to explain the aforementioned issues.

This is a short brief of our near-future plans. More information, details, timeline, and whitepaper will be released during this week of August 3rd.

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:51:52 PM

It is our core belief that the only means of advancing this technology, is to take the problems and demands on directly. The community has spoken, the current GPU miner has lead to stress from many of our investors, though we do not currently consider the GPU miner to be a threat to the actual fairness of the coin, with the current hash rate, adjusting block rewards, staking and scalability when compared to the ease of use, electrical costs, and widespread availability of the CPU. Everyone with a computer owns a CPU, anyone can mine AXIOM with a click of a button not everyone owns a GPU. Currently the CPU mining power on the network grossly outweighs that of the GPU.

This is how I see it.  Right here the dev is basically saying that he doesn't believe the GPU miner is a big problem, but is responding to the community and will work on fixing it.  I don't even understand how the devs can say definitely that the CPU mining power grossly outweighs GPU power.  Maybe there is something I am not understanding here, but a hash is a hash is a hash.  The only clue would be the IP address of the node that the block originated from, but you couldn't say definitively if that hash is coming from a CPU, GPU farm, or a botnet.  A GPU farm could easily be using multiple IP addresses to hide their mining if they wanted to.  If there is something I don't understand about the technical details here, please correct me because I am admittedly not a expert.

It doesn't matter to me.  I don't have anything against GPU farms and ASICs, but why did the devs put the below statement in the ANN at launch then?

AxiomHash - Why CPU Only? - Hash Dominance

Everyone reading this forum at this moment likely has a CPU capable of mining and staking this currency, expanding upon that, the vast majority of the world has a CPU capable of mining this currency in their homes, businesses and workplaces.

Through the altcoin explosion of 2013 and 2014 we observed the rise of ASIC mining technology and the mining arms races that followed.  A couple of coins attempted to solve the arms race issue through the use of memory hard and other alternative algorithms but eventually were GPU accelerated.  Even CPU algorithms like the original Quark and various combinations of SPH crypto algorithms like x11, x13, x15 have become accelerated and available for renting large pools of capacity through popular miner rental sites.  This has lead to the centralization of mining power amongst the few people who operate large farms, and has lead to market dynamics that are focused on maximizing the cost of rentals, paying mining operational costs from profits, and market catabolism from these associated costs.

Mining dominance and centralization also leads to poor coin distribution at launch in many most, as large pools of centralized mining capacity will apply massive amounts of pooled hashpower, outcompete the average user and mine out large amounts of the available money supply. The result of which is instability and the destruction of potential value as coins are sold for small profits in a short span of time on nothing more than hash power, instead of being sold based upon the value of their actual usage scenarios, innovative properties, developer commitment, features, and forthcoming innovation.

This is crippling during the start up phase in which actual investors in the coins technology are faced with diminished value after purchase, and mining difficulties. Afterward, the dominant miners begins to sell off a large share of money supply rapidly, seeking only a quick profit on top of farm expenses, and profits from intentionally marked up rental hash before they move on to the next coin release only to repeat the catabolic cycle.

Market Catabolism

This cycle is catabolic in it’s nature for several reasons, perhaps often overlooked is the expense of operating such mining farms. A significant amount of the market value is sold to fiat to maintain their operations and cover operational expenses. This slowly drains value from the market, and creates an environment for traders that is discouraging and prone to loss, often causing the investors to leave the market for fear of incurring more financial loss as they were overcome by the sell off phase of the dominant miners.

Axiom seeks to once again decentralize mining powers, create an investor friendly environment for those seeking to invest in crypto currency and bring new technologies to cryptocurrencies as a greater state of adoption is achieved.

So centralize mining is bad and mining farms lead to poor coin distribution, so blah blah blah, Axiom is going to decentralize mining power because it's super important.  Then, within days, a private GPU miner is released and in the hands of a small group of individuals, and Axiom developers think "Oh nothing wrong with this, let's carry on" until people bitch and moan about it.  HUH!?!?!  I don't care about a private group of individuals keeping a miner to themselves, I care about a developer claiming that centralized mining is the bane of crypto one day, and then not concerned in the slightest about threats to it the next.  Not to mention the mere fact that a GPU miner was created so quickly shows the developers to be incompetent at best and blatant scam artists at worst.

And please, Axiom is so worried about "poor coin distribution" that they ninja launched in the middle of the night with front loaded rewards and the slowest syncing blockchain known to man.  I don't care about ninja launches rewarding the lucky few who catch it early.  I did and earned .3 BTC just by downloading the client, typing "setgenerate true -1" and letting it run for a few hours.  So thanks for the easy $55 I guess.  But hell, at least try to not insult the intelligence of everyone here by claiming you care about poor coin distribution when you launch a coin in this way.

The cherry on top of all this is the revolutionary POS 3.0 they are working on!  So supposedly there are flaws in the current implementation of POS 2.0 which Axiom is going to fix.  So not only is POW being exploited by GPUs, POS is being exploited as well!!!  Did you not notice these flaws in previous POS 2.0 coins?  If you did and they were such a big deal, why not fix them before launching the coin?  Did you guys test anything for more than a day before launch?

So basically the Axiom devs admitted that they can exploit the mining of their coin but we just need to trust them that they aren't, and if anyone else out there has the knowledge to do so, it's not that big of a deal and they are working on fixing it.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 03:58:24 PM

AXIOM Brief Status Update - Monday, August 3rd, 2015

Acknowledging the private GPU miner problem

It is our core belief that the only means of advancing this technology, is to take the problems and demands on directly. The community has spoken, the current GPU miner has lead to stress from many of our investors, though we do not currently consider the GPU miner to be a threat to the actual fairness of the coin, with the current hash rate, adjusting block rewards, staking and  scalability when compared to the ease of use, electrical costs, and widespread availability of the CPU. Everyone with a computer owns a CPU, anyone can mine AXIOM with a click of a button not everyone owns a GPU. Currently the CPU mining power on the network grossly outweighs that of the GPU.

Hardening the algorithm for further GPU resistance

We have spent the last several days researching different algorithms that may solve our current needs for continued GPU resistance.

We will be making these methods and the dates of our planned implementations public during this week of Monday August 3rd.

We are testing raising memory requirements and possibly using disk I/O as part of the algorithm.

If testing is successful and algorithm changes do not put too much strain on regular wallet users, AXIOM POW algo will be hardforked to AxiomMemHash 2.0.

POS 2.0 Security and fairness weaknesses

While monitoring the blockchain and block propagation during the incredibly competitive AXIOM DPOS, we’ve identified several major weaknesses in the current POS 2.0 code.

Difficulty target based on coin input size can be modified by rogue actors.

Time-distribution of coin inputs can be used by rogue stakers to stake more frequently.

Selfish-miners can stake more efficiently by skipping validation and inclusion of transactions from the memory pool.

Custom stake miners can be multi-threaded, hash at full speed, and outperform other wallets running less efficient single threaded stake miner.

AxiomPOS (POS 3.0)

AxiomPOS, or POS 3.0, is our next generation proof-of-stake protocol, incubated after conducting extensive research experiments and  identifying numerous serious concerns and exploitable deficiencies in the popular “PoS 2” protocol, which can be used to game the stake system for significant advantages at minimal cost.  Presently ALL alt coins using the PoS 2 protocol are susceptible to these methods. We are well aware the above statements will cause controversy, and a whitepaper is currently being drafted and edited to explain the aforementioned issues.

This is a short brief of our near-future plans. More information, details, timeline, and whitepaper will be released during this week of August 3rd.

Great update!!

can't wait what this week will bring for this great coin!!
 Cheesy
yep, hope danilla botnet picks up that coin and leave alone vertcoin, thanks a lot for your help   Grin

and what about the user monsters with high hashrate not coming from gpu ? and who have been there from the start  Grin
yeah well... you know the answer  Grin

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
distn404

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:00:26 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 04:17:18 PM by distn404

This is how I see it.  Right here the dev is basically saying that he doesn't believe the GPU miner is a big problem, but is responding to the community and will work on fixing it.  I don't even understand how the devs can say definitely that the CPU mining power grossly outweighs GPU power.  Maybe there is something I am not understanding here, but a hash is a hash is a hash.  The only clue would be the IP address of the node that the block originated from, but you couldn't say definitively if that hash is coming from a CPU, GPU farm, or a botnet.  A GPU farm could easily be using multiple IP addresses to hide their mining if they wanted to.  If there is something I don't understand about the technical details here, please correct me because I am admittedly not a expert.

It doesn't matter to me.  I don't have anything against GPU farms and ASICs, but why did the devs put the below statement in the ANN at launch then?

So centralize mining is bad and mining farms lead to poor coin distribution, so blah blah blah, Axiom is going to decentralize mining power because it's super important.  Then, within days, a private GPU miner is released and in the hands of a small group of individuals, and Axiom developers think "Oh nothing wrong with this, let's carry on" until people bitch and moan about it.  HUH!?!?!  I don't care about a private group of individuals keeping a miner to themselves, I care about a developer claiming that centralized mining is the bane of crypto one day, and then not concerned in the slightest about threats to it the next.  Not to mention the mere fact that a GPU miner was created so quickly shows the developers to be incompetent at best and blatant scam artists at worst.

And please, Axiom is so worried about "poor coin distribution" that they ninja launched in the middle of the night with front loaded rewards and the slowest syncing blockchain known to man.  I don't care about ninja launches rewarding the lucky few who catch it early.  I did and earned .3 BTC just by downloading the client, typing "setgenerate true -1" and letting it run for a few hours.  So thanks for the easy $55 I guess.  But hell, at least try to not insult the intelligence of everyone here by claiming you care about poor coin distribution when you launch a coin in this way.

The cherry on top of all this is the revolutionary POS 3.0 they are working on!  So supposedly there are flaws in the current implementation of POS 2.0 which Axiom is going to fix.  So not only is POW being exploited by GPUs, POS is being exploited as well!!!  Did you not notice these flaws in previous POS 2.0 coins?  If you did and they were such a big deal, why not fix them before launching the coin?  Did you guys test anything for more than a day before launch?

So basically the Axiom devs admitted that they can exploit the mining of their coin but we just need to trust them that they aren't, and if anyone else out there has the knowledge to do so, it's not that big of a deal and they are working on fixing it.

the whitepaper they used said GPU would not be faster for cpu, back in thread Wink

now they fix... and if they see now POS 2.0 is broken in their coin why is this bad? you prefer to leave it broken and unfair? Many people know the tricks and some are easy, setting your clock ahead a minute or two and some only devs know. I hope they fix the POS 2.0 exploits for the good for all cryptos.
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:14:48 PM

the whitepaper they used said GPU would not be faster for cpu, back in thread Wink

now they fix... and if they see now POS 2.0 is broken in their coin why is this bad? you prefer to leave it broken and unfair? Many people know the tricks and some are easy, setting your clock ahead a minute or two and some only devs know. I hope they fix the POS 2.0 exploits for the good for all cryptos.

MY POINT

YOUR HEAD

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to language barrier.
AxiomCryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:20:18 PM

We expected guys like sockpuppet to show up after we updated. Naturally supports of other coins are going to be scared. Sock, the fixes we bring will be to the benefit of crypto as a whole.
Atrides

Activity: 658

Admin of DwarfPool.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:24:29 PM

1 Million will be mined and staked during this first month.

The total amount of coins will be 2.57 million after 3 months, heading into the second high dPoS phase.

There will be 4.45 million total coins after 1.5 years, then the block reward will drop off sharply.

The total amount of coins will be close to 10 million in the next 4 years.

And what we see in the reality?

650K in first 3-4 days
1.39 million after first week

DwarfPool Quality you can trust! http://DwarfPool.com Reliable Monero, Zcash and ETH Pool Monero Proxy
Anonymous pool with failover servers and PPS, Profit Calculator and Price chart: [XMR][ETH][ZEC]... Support thread
MoneroClub - free P2P Exchange Platform www.MoneroClub.com
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:27:58 PM

We expected guys like sockpuppet to show up after we updated. Naturally supports of other coins are going to be scared. Sock, the fixes we bring will be to the benefit of crypto as a whole.

Sigh......I'm not scared of anything.  I'm not married to any coin and am generally holding at least a dozen different alts at any given moment.  I'm pointing out legitimate concerns that anyone who is thinking critically should have.  Only the last few sentences of my longer above post refer to POS 3.0.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: