Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:56:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 149 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [AXIOM] AxiomMemHash, Schnorr Sigs Implemented, APOS 3.0, AXH 2.0 Proposed  (Read 204910 times)
AxiomCryptocurrency (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:29:30 PM

We expected guys like sockpuppet to show up after we updated. Naturally supports of other coins are going to be scared. Sock, the fixes we bring will be to the benefit of crypto as a whole.

Sigh......I'm not scared of anything.  I'm not married to any coin and am generally holding at least a dozen different alts at any given moment.  I'm pointing out legitimate concerns that anyone who is thinking critically should have.

Sock, anyone who is critically thinking, knows that 99.5 percent of every single post on bitcointalk is motivated....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Topbanker

Activity: 157
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:30:47 PM

We expected guys like sockpuppet to show up after we updated. Naturally supports of other coins are going to be scared. Sock, the fixes we bring will be to the benefit of crypto as a whole.

scared? naa coin is rising on trex. was at 12k before news and now after news 16k  Grin
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:31:08 PM

1 Million will be mined and staked during this first month.

The total amount of coins will be 2.57 million after 3 months, heading into the second high dPoS phase.

There will be 4.45 million total coins after 1.5 years, then the block reward will drop off sharply.

The total amount of coins will be close to 10 million in the next 4 years.

And what we see in the reality?

650K in first 3-4 days
1.39 million after first week

Grin actually there is no point in fixing the gpu things, no gpu are running anymore on that coin. This is just a screen of smoke so people forget about how that coin got distributed in the first place

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Topbanker

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:31:59 PM

scared? naa coin is rising on trex. was at 12k before news and now after news 16k  Grin

and volume keeps rising!!

at 35k volume right now!!  Shocked
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:35:55 PM

and volume keeps rising!!

at 35k volume right now!!  Shocked
people should watch a few coins who had unexpectedly high buy volume (bitbay and some other p&d scam).
This is just how p&d scams work. p&d group just create the illusion of a high buy volume so people buy the coin, then they dump on people who buy it.
Should look at BobSurplus story...

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
xtrembash

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:37:18 PM

For sure, dev/dev's friends used cpu/gpu miners optimized & POS 2.0 exploit
And it will be the same pattern after AxiomMemHash 2.0 & POS 3.0
That's all  Cheesy

SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:38:56 PM

Sigh......I'm not scared of anything.  I'm not married to any coin and am generally holding at least a dozen different alts at any given moment.  I'm pointing out legitimate concerns that anyone who is thinking critically should have.

Sock, anyone who is critically thinking, knows that 99.5 percent of every single post on bitcointalk is motivated....

And that 99.5% of all coins are scams so it is advisable to stay skeptical and critical.

If you want to believe or try to convince your followers that I am just threatened because POS 3.0 will make all of the current POS 2.0 coins dead and worthless, go right ahead.  That's a pretty far fetched narrative though, and it seems to be an attempt at cultivating an us vs. them mentality, which is a useful tactic for getting current holders and supporters of the coin to not question anything.
distn404

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:44:43 PM

And that 99.5% of all coins are scams so it is advisable to stay skeptical and critical.

If you want to believe or try to convince your followers that I am just threatened because POS 3.0 will make all of the current POS 2.0 coins dead and worthless, go right ahead.  That's a pretty far fetched narrative though, and it seems to be an attempt at cultivating an us vs. them mentality, which is a useful tactic for getting current holders and supporters of the coin to not question anything.

i think if this is true the thread is moderated. . .

edit: and i see in your post history, a lot of talk about exploiting POS 2.0 Wink  mebbe you worry a little  Cool
Ltsknnr

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 04:46:44 PM

Interesting project, might have to accumulate a bit of this and see where it goes.... Wink
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:55:26 PM

If you want to believe or try to convince your followers that I am just threatened because POS 3.0 will make all of the current POS 2.0 coins dead and worthless, go right ahead.  That's a pretty far fetched narrative though, and it seems to be an attempt at cultivating an us vs. them mentality, which is a useful tactic for getting current holders and supporters of the coin to not question anything.

i think if this is true the thread is moderated. . .

edit: and i see in your post history, a lot of talk about exploiting POS 2.0 Wink  mebbe you worry a little  Cool
he should, when you see so many newbie account giving advice on a brand new coin thread... that is also a telltale sign that something is probably wrong here...
(when I see all the efforts to burry posts which think it is a little scammy, I am amazed... )

djm34 facebook page
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 04:59:08 PM

edit: and i see in your post history, a lot of talk about exploiting POS 2.0 Wink  mebbe you worry a little  Cool

Please quote a single post of mine where I ever once spoke of how to exploit POS 2.0

Optimizing /= exploiting
Nassau

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:04:57 PM

djm34 probably accounts for at least 18% of the fudding smurfs on bct
PnD team

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:08:31 PM

I optimized my clock time, now im getting most of the pos blocks MUahahahahah  Grin

Thanks,

Axiom Team

Topbanker

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:16:51 PM

funny stuff. Devs comes out with great news and immediately trolls come out of the woods... Roll Eyes
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 05:19:17 PM

Nassau, PnD team, TopBanker all newbie accounts...

Nope I don't look very closely at new scam coins, bad luck this one, I looked at it...  (actually was asked to, since the other 82% of my post are about gpu miners) Grin

djm34 facebook page
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:19:28 PM

It is our core belief that the only means of advancing this technology, is to take the problems and demands on directly. The community has spoken, the current GPU miner has lead to stress from many of our investors, though we do not currently consider the GPU miner to be a threat to the actual fairness of the coin, with the current hash rate, adjusting block rewards, staking and scalability when compared to the ease of use, electrical costs, and widespread availability of the CPU. Everyone with a computer owns a CPU, anyone can mine AXIOM with a click of a button not everyone owns a GPU. Currently the CPU mining power on the network grossly outweighs that of the GPU.

This is how I see it.  Right here the dev is basically saying that he doesn't believe the GPU miner is a big problem, but is responding to the community and will work on fixing it.  I don't even understand how the devs can say definitely that the CPU mining power grossly outweighs GPU power.  Maybe there is something I am not understanding here, but a hash is a hash is a hash.  The only clue would be the IP address of the node that the block originated from, but you couldn't say definitively if that hash is coming from a CPU, GPU farm, or a botnet.  A GPU farm could easily be using multiple IP addresses to hide their mining if they wanted to.  If there is something I don't understand about the technical details here, please correct me because I am admittedly not a expert.

It doesn't matter to me.  I don't have anything against GPU farms and ASICs, but why did the devs put the below statement in the ANN at launch then?

AxiomHash - Why CPU Only? - Hash Dominance

Everyone reading this forum at this moment likely has a CPU capable of mining and staking this currency, expanding upon that, the vast majority of the world has a CPU capable of mining this currency in their homes, businesses and workplaces.

Through the altcoin explosion of 2013 and 2014 we observed the rise of ASIC mining technology and the mining arms races that followed.  A couple of coins attempted to solve the arms race issue through the use of memory hard and other alternative algorithms but eventually were GPU accelerated.  Even CPU algorithms like the original Quark and various combinations of SPH crypto algorithms like x11, x13, x15 have become accelerated and available for renting large pools of capacity through popular miner rental sites.  This has lead to the centralization of mining power amongst the few people who operate large farms, and has lead to market dynamics that are focused on maximizing the cost of rentals, paying mining operational costs from profits, and market catabolism from these associated costs.

Mining dominance and centralization also leads to poor coin distribution at launch in many most, as large pools of centralized mining capacity will apply massive amounts of pooled hashpower, outcompete the average user and mine out large amounts of the available money supply. The result of which is instability and the destruction of potential value as coins are sold for small profits in a short span of time on nothing more than hash power, instead of being sold based upon the value of their actual usage scenarios, innovative properties, developer commitment, features, and forthcoming innovation.

This is crippling during the start up phase in which actual investors in the coins technology are faced with diminished value after purchase, and mining difficulties. Afterward, the dominant miners begins to sell off a large share of money supply rapidly, seeking only a quick profit on top of farm expenses, and profits from intentionally marked up rental hash before they move on to the next coin release only to repeat the catabolic cycle.

Market Catabolism

This cycle is catabolic in it’s nature for several reasons, perhaps often overlooked is the expense of operating such mining farms. A significant amount of the market value is sold to fiat to maintain their operations and cover operational expenses. This slowly drains value from the market, and creates an environment for traders that is discouraging and prone to loss, often causing the investors to leave the market for fear of incurring more financial loss as they were overcome by the sell off phase of the dominant miners.

Axiom seeks to once again decentralize mining powers, create an investor friendly environment for those seeking to invest in crypto currency and bring new technologies to cryptocurrencies as a greater state of adoption is achieved.

So centralize mining is bad and mining farms lead to poor coin distribution, so blah blah blah, Axiom is going to decentralize mining power because it's super important.  Then, within days, a private GPU miner is released and in the hands of a small group of individuals, and Axiom developers think "Oh nothing wrong with this, let's carry on" until people bitch and moan about it.  HUH!?!?!  I don't care about a private group of individuals keeping a miner to themselves, I care about a developer claiming that centralized mining is the bane of crypto one day, and then not concerned in the slightest about threats to it the next.  Not to mention the mere fact that a GPU miner was created so quickly shows the developers to be incompetent at best and blatant scam artists at worst.

And please, Axiom is so worried about "poor coin distribution" that they ninja launched in the middle of the night with front loaded rewards and the slowest syncing blockchain known to man.  I don't care about ninja launches rewarding the lucky few who catch it early.  I did and earned .3 BTC just by downloading the client, typing "setgenerate true -1" and letting it run for a few hours.  So thanks for the easy $55 I guess.  But hell, at least try to not insult the intelligence of everyone here by claiming you care about poor coin distribution when you launch a coin in this way.

The cherry on top of all this is the revolutionary POS 3.0 they are working on!  So supposedly there are flaws in the current implementation of POS 2.0 which Axiom is going to fix.  So not only is POW being exploited by GPUs, POS is being exploited as well!!!  Did you not notice these flaws in previous POS 2.0 coins?  If you did and they were such a big deal, why not fix them before launching the coin?  Did you guys test anything for more than a day before launch?

So basically the Axiom devs admitted that they can exploit the mining of their coin but we just need to trust them that they aren't, and if anyone else out there has the knowledge to do so, it's not that big of a deal and they are working on fixing it.

I agree with this analysis. It's only that I am not worried, at all, regarding the distribution. For a maximum of around 10 million coins project, the price is absurdly low and remains low in spite of this GPU mining and the gaming of the CPU POS "irregularities".  It is painfully evident that the dev rushed the release of this project that wasn't even remotely ready for primetime. And that is bad, very bad. Worse though is that an entire weekend has passed and he has done NOTHING to either correct the GPU/CPU controversy (other than some "testing", if we believe him) and that we still don't have:

1.- Answers to important PM from him.
2.- A website.
3.- A white paper
4.- A timeline
5.- A real use purpose

All that said, we also DONT have:

1.- A sell off as a consequence of the above, on the contrary, the price has rebounded sharply.
2.- Lack of investors, obviously.
3.- Lack of volume (top dog at Bittrex)
4.- More exchanges (I'm almost sure because the dev has not even bother to contact them).

In consequence, this continues being a very interesting project that can catapult to much higher prices in the near future if:

1.- A website is open.
2.- A white paper and timeline are posted and are reasonably believable.
3.- Other major exchanges are added.
4.- A real-life purpose is aimed and is reasonably possible.
5.- The dev identifies himself and names who else is in his team, if anyone.

At current price, the total market cap, in years to come, is still just above $400k which, in my view, if this project is legitimate, is absurdly low priced at the moment. IF, remaining, for now, a big IF.
PnD team

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:22:33 PM

Nassau, PnD team, TopBanker, AxiomCryptocurrency all newbie accounts...

Nope I don't look very closely at new scam coins, bad luck this one, I looked at it...  (actually was asked to, since the other 82% of my post are about gpu miners) Grin
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 05:26:41 PM

Nassau, PnD team, TopBanker, AxiomCryptocurrency all newbie accounts...

lol... the post was buried, by Barrabas long post, why did you resurrect it ? This clearly doesn't help your p&d team effort

djm34 facebook page
Topbanker

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:27:02 PM

Nassau, PnD team, TopBanker all newbie accounts...

sure i have a newbie account but look when it was created. January 27, 2014

i just don't post alot but in this thread because i believe in the dev and in this project.
ChameleonBTC

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 05:30:03 PM

The charts are ticking all the right boxes for me and i have been in crypto for over 2 years now.  It survived a few dumps and i am sure the wise traders accumulated and got the avg buy in price down.  For me and mark my words, this coin can easily go over 30k with 7 days.

I have a feeling it will go over 40k maybe 50k.  But the buy side would need to look stronger than it does now.  If it breaks ATH expect people to go full FOMO on this and in turn break through 30k mark.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 149 »
  Print  

Jump to: