Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:10:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3169

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 03:02:48 PM

No way.
To much goods is closely linked for USD. like gold and oil.
it would require serious political and economic changes

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:18:13 PM

I do not think that the United State of America change their dollar with another currency. But we will see, all we have to do is to wait 15 years and see what will happen. On the other hand, i am sure that Bitcoin will be more and more used as a currency, but it will stay like that like another optional currency.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 03:50:32 PM

Perhaps it could replace all currencies, but since USD is the world reserve, BTC replacing USD is about as far as anyone could dream it would go. but only the future can tell
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:24:43 PM

Perhaps it could replace all currencies, but since USD is the world reserve, BTC replacing USD is about as far as anyone could dream it would go. but only the future can tell

It is simply impossible that bitcoin can replace any major currency of the world, and that replacing USD is something like watching a dream with open eyes, bitcoin can never be a primary currency and it would be secondary currency for sure no matter what value it is holding.
Fishbones78

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 11:58:55 PM

I think Bitcoin will remain a sort of "secondary" currency for a very long time. The user base (if that's what you want to call it) I think will definitely grow, but to replace the dollar? I think that would be very unlikely, the government handing away their control over currency and some Americans havenever even used the internet before...
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:49:20 PM

I think Bitcoin will remain a sort of "secondary" currency for a very long time. The user base (if that's what you want to call it) I think will definitely grow, but to replace the dollar? I think that would be very unlikely, the government handing away their control over currency and some Americans havenever even used the internet before...
I belive the value of bitcoin will go up and the value of other currencies will go down. Both at high speeds. If the governments wait too late they won't be able to afford the attack if their dollars become almost worthless.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:35:29 AM

How you can imagine,dollar is USA national currency,tell me whatwill be with btc when all 21mln btc will be mined
who will keep blockchain alive

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 03:20:23 AM

I doubt it would take 15 years to replace the dollar with Bitcoin. Not sure how they would come to that conclusion because they seem to assume Bitcoin will still be around and hold it's value in 15 years. Even Satoshi himself said that the value of Bitcoin could be zero in the future, so to make an assumption about the time it would take for the dollar to collapse is a bit ignorant.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:45:41 AM

I doubt it would take 15 years to replace the dollar with Bitcoin. Not sure how they would come to that conclusion because they seem to assume Bitcoin will still be around and hold it's value in 15 years. Even Satoshi himself said that the value of Bitcoin could be zero in the future, so to make an assumption about the time it would take for the dollar to collapse is a bit ignorant.

Satoshi said that either the value could be a million dollars or zero, nothing is for certain. Right now, there is only speculations which could be formed. If people want bitcoin to grow, they should be prepared for the change and they should practice the change. If people don't make sure that btc is a part of their daily life like dollar is, how do they expect such an economic revolution out of nowhere?
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:42:43 AM

No, bitcoin will not replace dollar soon That day, if bound to come, will come after a few years as there is more chaos in the economic world and people realize how financial institutions are doing no good, and causing much harm than peace. When people will migrate from such financial institutions to bitcoin, that's when such a debate arises. That's when there will be a tough fight but the verdict just can't be presumed.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:55:20 AM

No this replacement will not happen that soon. Before that happens we will see Fiat and cryptos exist side by side. Then cash will vanish and only digital cash will exist. People will realize how transparent and controllable they are. Now they will start to realize that Bitcoin might be safer and less transparent and switch over.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:29:14 AM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

I don't believe so. Governments will just not let us do this. I think that aiming to replace any currency is bad way to take. We need to soften the banks and governments and persuade them that we can coexist, what will happen after that is up to consumers.

But we are still small and fragile,that's why we can't fight the battles that we can't win. We must pick our battles very smart. Or I am afraid we can get smashed.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:14:12 AM

No this replacement will not happen that soon. Before that happens we will see Fiat and cryptos exist side by side. Then cash will vanish and only digital cash will exist. People will realize how transparent and controllable they are. Now they will start to realize that Bitcoin might be safer and less transparent and switch over.

I think the existence of crypto currency and fiat currency existing together has already taken place, except the fact that it is not adopted by the masses. The day such obstacles are overcome are when there is more widespread knowledge and education throughout the world. Bitcoin might not be the most complete currency in the world right now, but I bet it will be if bitcoin's growth rate increases and adoption speed accelerates.
7bestone7

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 11:35:35 AM

i believe that it wont change dollar soon maybe for more 30 years as people usually like to have paper money, and they still with banks and dont want bigger reforms

alva5763

Activity: 451

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:23:13 PM

On what would the value of bitcoin be based? Like the euro it is a baseless currency with a value dependent on demand.
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 03:12:28 AM

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

I don't believe so. Governments will just not let us do this. I think that aiming to replace any currency is bad way to take. We need to soften the banks and governments and persuade them that we can coexist, what will happen after that is up to consumers.

But we are still small and fragile,that's why we can't fight the battles that we can't win. We must pick our battles very smart. Or I am afraid we can get smashed.
Yeah... But a lot of country's are jumping ship from the US dollar as a reserve currency, so I think something's going to happen...
I think that BTC and fiat will complement each other in the future.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:39:53 AM

Read the following news:

Yeah... But a lot of country's are jumping ship from the US dollar as a reserve currency, so I think something's going to happen...
I think that BTC and fiat will complement each other in the future.

yes, btc and fiat will complement each other and that will be healthy, that way it is more about accessibility and functionality rather than perceived as bitcoin world domination. I don't know which countries you are talking about which disregarded US as a reserve currency, there are so many countries which are not so dependent for that move. A lot of countries depend on US dollar and it definitely affects their end decisions.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:21:04 AM

very funny if bitcoin could replace the dollar, if bitcoin replace the dollar as the main payment instruments, which will be very happy is the offspring satoshi, because he seemed to save millions of bitcoin in they wallet hahah
15Lemon714

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 10:27:05 AM

Read the following news:

No I don't for one second think it is true lol The government (etc) will never give control back to the people.

Saying that though I am positive towards Bitcoins future just not as positive as some clearly are  Roll Eyes
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 12:01:14 PM

On what would the value of bitcoin be based? Like the euro it is a baseless currency with a value dependent on demand.

everything depend on demand, i don't know what you're traying to say with this, but if the dollar ever collapse and bitcoin replace it the value would be astronomically high, this want happen soon this is guaranteed
but the possibility is there, it's in the hands of the people not governments, if anybody will use bitcoin, bitcoin price will explode otherwise otherwise it will only be used as an alternative

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: