Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:10:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417149 times)
Monkey Luffy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:55:34 PM

I think bitcoin will never replace a currency. The main focus is an Internet currency. With time it will become more and more popular so other currencies will have smaller marketcaps, whilse bitcoin (the people's money) will be first in daily transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:07:42 PM

May be in future it can replace dollar, but the chances are very rare, as dollar is more  popular in compare to bitcoins, but anything is possible in this tech advanced world.

It cant! Bitcoin needs to be physically seen. Just think of what is happening now. We are not growing as a full blast community. And why is that. Because people wants something that they can touch. Something they can hold on to.

Yeah, that is correct, people will have more faith in bitcoins if they can touch it, hold it in their physical wallet, but I don't see it would be happening in any time.
You can't touch the money in a credit card. I don't see why we still use it then. Hardware wallets are as close to physical as you can get. Then there are the people worrying about hackers. Credit card accounts get hacked all the time, amirite? You wake up and every month there's "credit card infos leaked" on tv. WAKE UP, PEOPLE.
I dont think that it can happen. Bitcoin is indeed very popular, but I think that dollar is more used.
Many people doesnt even know what Bitcoin is and that is a huge problem, we must introduce Bitcoin more.
Monkey Luffy

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:21:11 PM

I seriously doubt that Bitcoin will replace Dollar, espacially that this will happen soon, but I think that pretty soon Bitcoin will be accepted as any hard currency everywhere in the world
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:25:27 PM

I seriously doubt that Bitcoin will replace Dollar, espacially that this will happen soon, but I think that pretty soon Bitcoin will be accepted as any hard currency everywhere in the world

Well is difficult to say of course ,I also think its not possible because the bitcoin has a bad name and all banks are hating on it they want to destroy it.
I think the bitcoin can be a real currency in the future but I do not see it happen that they will replace the dollar its too much.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:12:28 AM

Well is difficult to say of course ,I also think its not possible because the bitcoin has a bad name and all banks are hating on it they want to destroy it.
I think the bitcoin can be a real currency in the future but I do not see it happen that they will replace the dollar its too much.

No doubt about that, bitcoin will be accepted anywhere in the world in this coming years, but it won't really replace dollar or any fiat, that was too ambitious..

sirohige

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 08:19:55 AM

No doubt about that, bitcoin will be accepted anywhere in the world in this coming years, but it won't really replace dollar or any fiat, that was too ambitious..

my simple think, bitcoin transaction need internet conection, internet cost, or sms choose (sending bitcoin via sms gateway) , also we must pay "fee" for every sending money no matter how much.

in this case we can't use bitcoin without internet or we didn't have balance at mobile phone.
the paper fiat/dollar can be use anywhere without paying "fee" for every transaction.

bitcoin and dollar is very diffirent ( in real life not in internet world), so i doubt bitcoin will replace dollar
kartaggen

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:05:49 AM

Yeah, bitcoin will be more popular in coming years, but it cannot replace any major currency, as many people have habit of spending fiat, and its difficult for them to switch to any digital currency.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:17:19 AM

Yeah even I would agree with you dude bitcoin is only the future currency which can replace the fiat from the world.
I am sure this will happen in 10 years max. We adoption for that in large numbers. Hopefully we ll get that as well.
kacak41

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:38:54 AM

Yeah even I would agree with you dude bitcoin is only the future currency which can replace the fiat from the world.
I am sure this will happen in 10 years max. We adoption for that in large numbers. Hopefully we ll get that as well.

Bro he is saying that bitcoin can never replace fiat, and you are saying something different, just go through the post and comment accordingly.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:20:23 PM

No way this can happen. And btw it's not the goal of bitcoin.
Bitcoin was meant for transaction not for replacing fiat or currencies. It's another cup of tea  talking about replacing it.
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:22:27 AM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?
As much as I love Coibase, I think that the CEO is out of his mind. I believe that Bitcoin isn't going to replace fiat anytime soon.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
KiwiParty

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:16:43 PM

you'll have to do step by step. before btc could do that, the International Monetary Fund, IMF, has to accept BTC as reserve currency.
then, and only then, you could think about that.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:29:48 PM

you'll have to do step by step. before btc could do that, the International Monetary Fund, IMF, has to accept BTC as reserve currency.
then, and only then, you could think about that.
Yet it is not a question of near perspective. Remember how many years it took the yuan becoming the new reserve currency of the IMF.
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 10:31:11 PM

No this will not happen soon the bitcoin is also depending to much on the dollar these days, I think this will not happen soon maybe on a long term.
There is also another downside because the dollar is used a lot by normal people and its also that the banks will not let this happen.

DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:02:07 PM

I also very much doubt the song. even the possibility is already closed. you know bitcoin users. the world's population. 1% did not have any.
it will be very difficult

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:39:30 PM

No way this can happen. And btw it's not the goal of bitcoin.
Bitcoin was meant for transaction not for replacing fiat or currencies. It's another cup of tea  talking about replacing it.
Yeah Initially bitcoin is a commodity, and not the currency, then evolved into a currency. I think it could be the bitcoin payment option and not replace fiat
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 09:46:04 AM

Bro he is saying that bitcoin can never replace fiat, and you are saying something different, just go through the post and comment accordingly.
I dont think that can happen so fast. I think that many people doesnt even know what Bitcoin is and that is the problem.
Many people use Dollar and they dont trust the Bitcoin, because it is digital, they think that you can be hacked.
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 12:18:47 PM

The bitcoin can replace the dollar but only with the help of the banks other wise its not gonna happen.
I think we just have to hold our bitcoins and wait till the time for it, it will take a lot of time if you ask me.
fruitcommander

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:59:30 PM

The bitcoin can replace the dollar but only with the help of the banks other wise its not gonna happen.
I think we just have to hold our bitcoins and wait till the time for it, it will take a lot of time if you ask me.

That will never happen, banks will not support bitcoins for sure, and dollar getting replaced by an crypto is impossible, as people find using dollars easy and they don't have faith in bitcoins.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:31:07 PM

Lol, you seriously think banks that are washing themself in fiat money will help Bitcoin to replace the dollar? It might happen in science fiction movies, but that's all. Banks and governments like to have control over every economy aspect. Bitcoin can't give that to them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: