Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:36:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Arctic Coin (ARC), No premine, Evolution over 1 year  (Read 81828 times)
rewse

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:40:50 AM

Hello everybody
I created the step wall here https://steemit.com/masternode/@cliff-on-crypto/setup-arctic-coin-masternode-vps-step-by-step

And when I crashed the arcticcoind --daemon command at the small server
Lỗi: Không thể khởi chạy HTTP server. See debug log for details.
Someone pass this error please feel guided.

This error came up for me as well when I tried to run multiple masternodes on the same VPS. Are you trying to run your second MN when you have this error?
So I tried running the 2nd mn with VPS
You know how to overcome this problem
please guide me.
Do you have 2 IP address on your VPS? If no, you can't start the second mastenode. Arctic don't allow to change port.
I have the 2nd ip
Thank you for your attention
If you know how to get around please patience me

If you have 2 IPs and want to run 2 MN that shouldn't be a problem.

Set up the first masternode using the first IP.
Create a new user with admin rights (sudo)
Log in as the new user and set up the second masternode for the new IP as you have done in the first one (just enter the 2nd IP in the config file)
Another way. Start second wallet with another data files: arcticcoind -datadir=your_second_data_dir
And add to your arcticcoin.conf for second node:
bind=your_second_ip:port
goldminenodeaddr=your_second_ip:port

MickDaster

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:36:05 PM

when do we get update from the meeting that was on 6th december?
ArcticCoin (OP)

Activity: 219

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:04:08 AM

Hi there! Amazing project and very motivated team, it is great to be here with you all!
We are very thankful for your interest in our progect!!!
ArcticCoin (OP)

Activity: 219

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 10:05:30 AM

when do we get update from the meeting that was on 6th december?
Hello! We are very grateful for your patience and interest in our meeting. Soon there will be a abig report from it! We are trying to make it as faster as we can! Thank u
Wealthway

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

A Nigerian cryptocurrency advocate, let's do it

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:00:59 AM

I really really don't understand this coin, I believed in it so much and have hodl and kept on buying yet the price keep dipping despite all the noise here and the fact that it is in many exchanges and has considerable consistent volume

I wonder if something is going on that we do not know

A Nigerian based Cryptocurrency Advocate: I believe strongly in TEAM work - Together, Everyone Achieves More
MickDaster

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 03:06:17 PM

much of the coin is premined so that might give you the hint where this is going to happen
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 02:29:20 PM

***  ALERT * WATCHONLY-GUI BUG * ALERT ***

Greetings, friends at Arctic Coin! As Komodo Platform has been working around the clock to fine-tune the multiple GUI's that are the face of our Agama multiwallet and BarterDEX atomic swap protocols, there have obviously been many bugs found and many debugged. However, one bug in particular was found not only in our Agama GUI wallet, but also in the zcash4mac GUI swing wallet. It is a simple bug, but it warrants your attention. This is a potential money cost bug.

Arctic Coin (ARC) - As a Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrency, your GUI wallet(s) may be susceptible to this bug.

ISSUE: 'watchonly' addresses appearing as your own in GUI wallet; users could potentially send funds to the address, unaware it is not theirs or available for withdrawal.  You can import <any address> and it becomes a 'watchonly' address. The GUI will display the address as yours, add its funds to your balance, and accept deposits, but cannot be withdrawn. This could be a normal address, my address, a p2sh address, satoshi's address, etc. This can be confusing to an end-user and will lead to many headaches for the developer, as is always the case with misplaced funds.

FOUND: in Komodo Platform's Agama multiwallet (fixed) and zcash4mac GUI swing wallet (@jl777b: "newest QT wallet seems ok about watch only, but not sure of older and when it was fixed")

ex. @grewalsatinder found the bug in his zcash swing wallet: https://i.imgur.com/sVd0QTL.png

Quote from: jl777B
"satinder used zcash4mac, ie. the zcash osx GUI, not ours... the assumption is no GUI out there properly handles watch only addresses, until proven that they do... agama also had this bug, which we found and fixed, so it seems a very common bug to have"

SOLUTION: For the 'watchonly' address or any address not yours, the value 'ismine' returns false. Any such address gets filtered out.

QUESTIONS:
  • How does your recommended GUI deal with watchonly addresses?
  • Does your GUI display watchonly addresses as different than actual addresses in the wallet?

We need to experiment a bit to see which approach gets a better response triggering the bug. People WILL lose money if they send funds to a watchonly address.

Quote from: jl777B
"the t3 addresses in the 'Own Addresses' column! and they absolutely cant be as they are p2sh addresses. it is clear proof that the bug is very real and anybody that understands a p2sh address will understand it cant be something in your wallet. it is usually a multisig address, so only if it is a 1of1 multisig (possible but very silly) can you have a p2sh address that is spendable, but the wallet wont even know it... normal addresses can also be watchonly, which makes this even worse. in that case it would appear in the list of addresses just like all the others. even if you are able to spot p2sh addresses visually, it wont be enough"

I've been tasked with spreading awareness and facilitating discussion of this bug, so please let me know if you have any questions. I'll get you some answers and we can minimize the impact. We wanted to reach out directly to the developers of the 60+ coins featured on Agama and BarterDEX as the bug may have a direct impact on you (via your own GUI wallet).

- Jay
MickDaster

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:01:45 PM

wow, that is really great job there Jay, the solution should be implemented by the DEV Team i guess?
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:03:20 PM

wow, that is really great job there Jay, the solution should be implemented by the DEV Team i guess?
Thank you! I am just the messenger for Komodo/@jl777B who does the real work  ; )

Like I mentioned - the bug is simple, but worthy of attention. It may or may not effect ARC GUI wallets. But developers and investors should know about it, definitely.

Looking for feedback on the header: is it TOO alarming? I don’t want to give the impression that a project’s wallet is broken. This is just a bug that COULD happen to anyone and COULD lead to funds misplaced.
MickDaster

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:54:48 PM

for me its ok, and its not to much of "alarmy" and doesnt look like spam, keep it that way.
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 04:49:59 AM

My wallet has been sitting at 9 hours behind for a while now. Should I just keep waiting?

Bitrated user: mikespax.
findyou1111

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 12:12:47 PM

Wich p2p and port have Arctic to setup on my mining pool?
Mr_buddy

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:23:15 PM

is the project death? There is no activity on github , no facebook twitter no nothing ... Suposed to be new website with new wallet lol
szfinx

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:29:56 PM

Is there a plan to change the required coin amount for a masternode?
The current 1000 ARC masternode produce too little return, can't really sustain the VPS cost it runs on. This fact combined with the $60 price tag for a masternode could be an opportunity to rise the collateral requirement.

Raising collateral to 10.000 ARC would put the price of the masternode to $600 which is still one of the cheapest masternode out there and definitely the cheapest which is listed in a major exchange with decent liquidity. The new, bigger masternodes would produce enough income to support the price of a VPS as well make holding ARC and run a masternode a sustainable idea.

Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:31:26 PM

Is there a plan to change the required coin amount for a masternode?
The current 1000 ARC masternode produce too little return, can't really sustain the VPS cost it runs on. This fact combined with the $60 price tag for a masternode could be an opportunity to rise the collateral requirement.

Raising collateral to 10.000 ARC would put the price of the masternode to $600 which is still one of the cheapest masternode out there and definitely the cheapest which is listed in a major exchange with decent liquidity. The new, bigger masternodes would produce enough income to support the price of a VPS as well make holding ARC and run a masternode a sustainable idea.

I think one of the main selling points for ARC was that people could use it to learn about masternodes and how to set them up  Smiley

chenjl84

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 09:47:52 AM

ARC is already on the market, I want to invest some money for ARC, but I can't find its information. What price is its price now?
szfinx

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 10:46:17 AM

ARC is already on the market, I want to invest some money for ARC, but I can't find its information. What price is its price now?

ARC is on Cryptopia. For up to date price and to buy some, go to https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=ARC_BTC

marvel213

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:07:42 PM

I've setup my masternode for days and I haven't gotten a single payment yet.    Cry

Anyone getting payments?
marvel213

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:11:04 PM

I've setup my masternode for days and I haven't gotten a single payment yet.    Cry

Anyone getting payments?
starthecar

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:35:52 PM

I was going to set up a masternode today.  I read that even with rewards it might not be worth the cost of a vps.  Has anyone contacted you?

Many Regards
I've setup my masternode for days and I haven't gotten a single payment yet.    Cry

Anyone getting payments?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: