Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:07:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Smooth unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when he posts 100s of the same repeated scam accusations on his competitor's threads on a daily basis.
Yes - Because if his attacks succeed against his competitors, his own coin/investment will benefit, he has a vested interest - 99 (54.1%)
No - there is no conflict of interest when a coin dev repeatedly accuses his competitors of being scams on their threads. - 51 (27.9%)
None of the above - 33 (18%)
Total Voters: 183

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation  (Read 20920 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:51:13 AM

On the topic of conflict of interest, Mr blobafett2 or blockafett or whatever the fuck you are calling yourself these days, listen carefully.

As a long time active and aggressive Dash supporter and investor you stand to gain if you can discredit me and the "competing" projects that I happen to be associated with. You especially stand to gain if you can muzzle me and then Dash supporters can then continue unchallenged scamming new investors victims by hiding the instamine or making false or irrelevant claims about it such as "the community voted not to relaunch" (see above) or "it doesn't matter because it was redistributed" (again, false even if true but actually false and false).

So if don't believe people with conflicts of interest should criticize others, then STFU and GTFO.  Or at least create a sock puppet or something when you are doing it so you don't look quite so catastrophically stupid.

I've always fully disclosed my interests, and also explained my reasons for posting this, so people have fair chance to make their own mind up. That's my whole point, you never do that, whether it's trying to discredit your larger competitors with 1000s of repetitive posts over long periods of time, or now quietly taking over your smaller competitors and building them up with no full disclosure of your conflicting interests with the communities involved - you never disclose anything that an ethical person would do - those kind of people are usually the scammers, hence this thread.

He's listed as a developer on Monero ANN and Aeon ANN, what do you mean he should disclose his interests? Maybe put a disclaimer in his signature "I hold and help develop two (non-scam) Cryptonote coins, you may find this information relevant in the context of me calling out [insert-your-favorite-scam-here]"?  

Kind of interested as to why smooth chose to throw Bitcoin-XT in with the likes of DASH and BCN. How is XT a scam or being shilled?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:51:35 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 10:11:57 AM by smooth

On the topic of conflict of interest, Mr blobafett2 or blockafett or whatever the fuck you are calling yourself these days, listen carefully.

As a long time active and aggressive Dash supporter and investor you stand to gain if you can discredit me and the "competing" projects that I happen to be associated with. You especially stand to gain if you can muzzle me and then Dash supporters can then continue unchallenged scamming new investors victims by hiding the instamine or making false or irrelevant claims about it such as "the community voted not to relaunch" (see above) or "it doesn't matter because it was redistributed" (again, false even if true but actually false and false).

So if don't believe people with conflicts of interest should criticize others, then STFU and GTFO.  Or at least create a sock puppet or something when you are doing it so you don't look quite so catastrophically stupid.

I've always fully disclosed my interests, and also explained my reasons for posting this, so people have fair chance to make their own mind up. That's my whole point, you never do that, whether it's trying to discredit your larger competitors with 1000s of repetitive posts over long periods of time, or now quietly taking over your smaller competitors and building them up with no full disclosure of your conflicting interests with the communities involved - those kind of people are usually the scammers, hence this thread.

That's one of the worst bullshit arguments I've ever heard. First of all everyone knows who the fuck I am, especially on the Dash thread.

Second of all, let's look at my "why the darkcoin/dash instamine matters" thread, which I use as an archive of evidence against the Dash scam, and frequently link when commenting on the topic:

[DISCLAIMER: see disclaimer of conflict of interest at the bottom]

DISCLAIMER: I am a Monero core team member and I do not deny a conflict of interest. Nevertheless I endeavor to be factual and I suggest that readers consider the facts, check the facts, reach your own conclusions about what happened and how it matters today, and finally to avoid the temptation to attack the person stating the facts or the coin(s) with which he might be associated]

(the bold, by the way, is not added, it is in the original)

Which I might add was added very shortly (hours I believe, but I'm not positive, it might have been the next day) after I crated the thread, on my own initiative.

Spare us the concern trolling that people are being misled because they don't know who I am. Nonsense.

It's transparent and pathetic. The real explanation is that you are a Dash troll who only wants to lash out at and (try to) intimidate honest community members, because the Dash scam can't survive and recruit new investors (especially the serious ones you need to actually get anywhere) unless honest critics are silenced, and the ugly history of the instamine, manipulation and insider self-dealing is buried.

Well it isn't going to work.

LOL at the "Let's ban smooth". You couldn't prove my case any more effectively if you tried.
blobafett2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:54:13 AM

As far as I can see smooth raises important issues and debates all who engage him with facts and reason and evidence.

I appreciate his efforts to educate people about scams.

The sentiment is good, to educate people about scams.

But the reality is, he is posting 1000's of "scam" posts on all of his major competitors, every day, for months.  

That is across the border from genuine concern to educate about scams, and into the territory of someone just attacking coins using well known techniques.  

And because he is a dev who attacks his competitors, the elephant in the room is that he is doing that to try to lower his competitor's price and raise his own.

People who want to expose scams will just make a single thread, or make their point a few times so the info is out there.  They don't keep repeatedly hammering the point thousands of times.  

I suggest you do a bit of research by checking his history, click back through some random pages, and you can see the scale of his effort to discredit his competitors.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts

From my reading of it I would challenge anyone who as actually done the research to claim this is normal behavior with 'honest concern' for his competitor's communities or 'educating people about scams'............
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:56:20 AM

Kind of interested as to why smooth chose to throw Bitcoin-XT in with the likes of DASH and BCN. How is XT a scam or being shilled?

Just one particular instance that happened to come up recently, where an obvious shilling thread was created in support of it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151445.0

In general I have no opinion on Bitcoin XT and I haven't studied specifically how it works with the forking dynamics, so I would be irresponsible in expressing an opinion on the merits.

The point is, I call out the scammers, shills, and bullshit artists wherever I see them, whether it happens to be on an ANN thread or not. I'm not going to leave scam coins ANN threads as free-scamming zone. If they want that they can do self-moderated and live with the warning notice to readers or go circle jerk in a walled garden forum.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:57:25 AM

As far as I can see smooth raises important issues and debates all who engage him with facts and reason and evidence.

I appreciate his efforts to educate people about scams.

The sentiment is good, to educate people about scams.

But the reality is, he is posting 1000's of "scam" posts on all of his major competitors, every day, for months.  

That is across the border from genuine concern to educate about scams, and into the territory of someone just attacking coins using well known techniques.  

And because he is a dev who attacks his competitors, the elephant in the room is that he is doing that to try to lower his competitor's price and raise his own.

People who want to expose scams will just make a single thread, or make their point a few times so the info is out there.  They don't keep repeatedly hammering the point thousands of times.  

I suggest you do a bit of research by checking his history, click back through some random pages, and you can see the scale of his effort to discredit his competitors.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts

From my reading of it I would challenge anyone who as actually done the research to claim this is normal behavior with 'honest concern' for his competitor's communities or 'educating people about scams'............

plus honest dev dont need to be anon...

what is the similiarity between ethereum, bitcoin, maisafe, dash ?   that the dev are NOT anon.

now take a look which coin died and its user scammed ? all of them gon anon dev.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:03:04 AM

So if don't believe people with conflicts of interest should criticize others, then STFU and GTFO.  Or at least create a sock puppet or something when you are doing it so you don't look quite so catastrophically stupid.

I've always fully disclosed my interests, and also explained my reasons for posting this, so people have fair chance to make their own mind up. That's my whole point, you never do that, whether it's trying to discredit your larger competitors with 1000s of repetitive posts over long periods of time, or now quietly taking over your smaller competitors and building them up with no full disclosure of your conflicting interests with the communities involved - those kind of people are usually the scammers, hence this thread.

That's one of the worst bullshit arguments I've ever heard. First of all everyone knows who the fuck I am, especially on the Dash thread.

Second of all, let's look at my "why the darkcoin/dash instamine matters" thread, which I use as an archive of evidence against the Dash scam, and frequently link when commenting on the topic:

[DISCLAIMER: see disclaimer of conflict of interest at the bottom]

DISCLAIMER: I am a Monero core team member and I do not deny a conflict of interest. Nevertheless I endeavor to be factual and I suggest that readers consider the facts, check the facts, reach your own conclusions about what happened and how it matters today, and finally to avoid the temptation to attack the person stating the facts or the coin(s) with which he might be associated]

(the bold, by the way, is not added, it is in the original)

Which I might add was added very shortly (hours I believe, but I'm not positive, it might have been the next day) after I crated the thread, on my own initiative.

Spare us the concern trolling that people are being misled because they don't know who I am. Nonsense.

It's transparent and pathetic. The real explanation is that you are a Dash troll not only who wants to lash out at and (try to) intimidate honest community members, because the Dash scam can't survive and recruit new investors (especially the serious ones you need to actually get anywhere) unless honest critics are silenced, and the ugly history of the instamine, manipulation and insider self-dealing is buried.

Well it isn't going to work.

LOL at the "Let's ban smooth". You couldn't prove my case any more effectively if you tried.

I have never seen you disclose your conflict of interest, and I remember that thread and don't remember that statement, and being an OP you could have just added that now.

If you are going to start to admit your conflict of interest, that's a good thing coming out of this.

...Pretending that your attempts to discredit your competitors is for philanthropic reasons, however, is false, as I have shown above.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:04:59 AM

I have never seen you disclose your conflict of interest, and I remember that thread and don't remember that statement, and being an OP you could have just added that now.

If you weren't an unrepentant Dash troll conducting a smear campaign, you might have done some research on that:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150512022003/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:06:35 AM

BLIMP FILLER!!!!!!!

Your embarrassing your self....again!  Your a student of my DASH...my ass....your a student of shooting off your mouth! I was there...I have emails and correspondences to prove it....and I don't have to prove nothing to you.  

Those that have been there since the beginning don't owe you or ANYONE out there SHIT! Ok? ...now take your gypsy holy roller crusade somewhere else....like your community Aeon/XMR that apparently put up with your pseudo shit.

EDIT:  You should maybe learn to be a real developer like Evan, learn to not hide behind your "handle" and show the world who you are...but your balls out there...Like Evan.  That is who you should be studying...so give us your creditials MR. HOLY ROLLER?  I've put my name out there so has our DEV and a good part of our team...we don't need to hide.....MR. SMOOTH!

PS....I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST XMR other then the lying trolls that come from there.   I've NEVER bad mouth ANY OTHER COIN OR COIN DEV...other then SMOOTH, the pseudo dev.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:08:38 AM

Come on guys FFS. Obvious troll bait is obvious troll bait.

This shit has been going on for 15 months and every time is just as much of a waste of energy as the last.

You know the deal by now.

Pegasus - shame on you for fuelling a post that needed no extension.
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:11:10 AM

If you weren't an unrepentant Dash troll conducting a smear campaign, you might have done some research on that:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150512022003/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

Well it wasn't there when you started, and I remember calling you out for conflict of interest since May....

So I guess the people having to read your 1000's of 'scam' posts need to go to that thread to find it your admission o how you act in conflict of interest?
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:12:08 AM

FYI to the readers, ^ the Monero gang have shown up...I have no interest in engaging in a FUD war with them, the point of this thread is to publish an investigation of Smooth, so I will stick to that.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:12:58 AM

BLIMP FILLER!!!!!!!

Your embarrassing your self....again!  Your a student of my DASH...my ass....your a student of shooting off your mouth! I was there...I have emails and correspondences to prove it....and I don't have to prove nothing to you.  

You can certainly prove that a handful of insiders, meaning the developer, a few instaminers, and whales such as yourself decided to keep the instamine in your pockets, shut down early a vote on doing an airdrop to flatten the distribution, and then manipulate the emissions to boost your share of the coin holdings. Congratulations!

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:14:05 AM

FYI to the readers, ^ the Monero gang have shown up...I have no interest in engaging in a FUD war with them, the point of this thread is to publish an investigation of Smooth, so I will stick to that.
Roger that!  I secede.  I've said my thought about that individual.  done!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:15:06 AM

Your embarrassing your self....

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:15:37 AM

Well it wasn't there when you started, and I remember calling you out for conflict of interest since May....

So I guess the people having to read your 1000's of 'scam' posts need to go to that thread to find it your admission o how you act in conflict of interest?

At which point were you or anyone else reading the Dash thread not aware of my affiliation?

In any case I don't care what you think is a conflict of interest. My statements stand on their own merit. If you disagree with them, refute them with evidence.

As for this so-called "investigation", good luck with that, troll. Aside from crap you make up as part of your smear campaign, there is nothing for your investigation to find, other than a guy who dislikes scams and bullshit. You might as well be investigating snowballs in hell.

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:17:28 AM

Mr White your on permanent ignore...I can see your Name Mr. White in the left hand column...but I will NOT be opening your trolls.  To everyone else have a great evening!  Wink Kiss

EDIT: Now i've added Mr Blimp Filler to the that permanent ignore list!

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:22:51 AM

What pisses people (smooth, adamwhite, articmine, myself) about the dash instamine is that it says fairly launched on all of the dash media.

If the truth of the dashmine was put up there for everyone to see, no one would bother--but since Evan won't change the media so that it is accurate and keeps changing the name in what looks like an attempt to distance the coin from its past, then you get Smooth and others calling you out on your bullshit.

If you don't want your coin to be criticized on BCT, you should put the facts up for everyone to see--why is this a bad thing? Smooth, nor anyone else, should have to point out dash's fastmine; it should be on the media. Other coins that were premined and fastmined list it, so why not dash?

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:24:15 AM

aaaahhhhh....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:24:33 AM

What pisses people (smooth, adamwhite, articmine, myself) about the dash instamine is that it says fairly launched on all of the dash media.

If the truth of the dashmine was put up there for everyone to see, no one would bother--but since Evan won't change the media so that it is accurate and keeps changing the name in what looks like an attempt to distance the coin from its past, then you get Smooth and others calling you out on your bullshit.

If you don't want your coin to be criticized on BCT, you should put the facts up for everyone to see--why is this a bad thing? Smooth, nor anyone else, should have to point out dash's fastmine; it should be on the media. Other coins that were premined and fastmined list it, so why not dash?

"Facts" like how the (then and current) developer misled people about the launch time, a discrepancy that accounts for something like a million coins, arguably more?

You seriously think they are going to put that on their media? Unlikely.

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:25:26 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 03:50:37 AM by Lebubar

Stop saying it's a scam. What scam? Who were scamed?

Who write the rules? What rules? What are you talking about? You create something, it's a free market, people are happy with what you are doing, happy with what you are delivering and buy the asset. If you really scam people or make something wrong they stop buying, end of the story.
Stop fucking with those pseudo-rules, there is not.

Who are you smooth to decide what is good what is wrong? Who?
Stop saying it's a scam, you can say : "imho I think that this is a scam". You don't decide what is good or bad, you have your opinion and that set!
No, you are not the one who decide, now we all know you opinion and you can shut your f. mouth!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: