Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:32:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Smooth unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when he posts 100s of the same repeated scam accusations on his competitor's threads on a daily basis.
Yes - Because if his attacks succeed against his competitors, his own coin/investment will benefit, he has a vested interest - 99 (54.1%)
No - there is no conflict of interest when a coin dev repeatedly accuses his competitors of being scams on their threads. - 51 (27.9%)
None of the above - 33 (18%)
Total Voters: 183

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation  (Read 20920 times)
exciter0

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:04:56 PM

I can support smooth's statement here as I've donated 200K+ AEONs to the dev fund and..get this...it was entirely voluntary on my part. I was not desperate as TPTB has suggested because I hold XMR as the majority or my coins.  In fact, I traded most of my mined AEONs to XMR. Why donate 200K? Because the difficulty was incredibly low from Oct of last year til recently and I've amassed quite a bit of coins since then as there were very few miners.  I personally felt development needs to be funded and asking for donation is quite an honorable and respectable thing, a rare thing these days as most coin devs would just rely on premines and ICOs.   

Quote from: reddit

Q (americanpegasus): If I see this, I will report on it. For my money, I am still supporting Monero.
I personally feel that anyone holding 400k of a future-minded currency, especially a dev, could be considered a little excessive (that's over 2% of a currency.... akin to a small premine).
I would say I would have felt more comfortable with smooth outright taking a 3%-5% premine, but I'm not too worried.
Monero remains the first viable implementation of cryptonote, giving it true anonymity, and that along with continuing development is what we have to go off of. Bitcoin was the first viable implementation of a transparent blockchain and litecoin didn't suddenly dethrone it, did it?
I feel the situation is the same and am not currently concerned.

A (smooth): Yes I'm technically holding the 400k donation fund, but:
It was voluntarily donated by coin holders who felt it was a good idea to fund development, there was no premine setup or other manipulation on my part. All I did was create a fund and ask people to donate to it. They felt it was a good use for their coins. The fund continues to be open for any and all voluntary donations, just as with the equivalent Monero donation fund. How is that in any way a bad thing?
I've already stated that all members of the development team, including me, will be subject to some sort of vesting rule (with details tbd, but the intent is a period of years). Which is to say that if I quit the project before that time, I won't keep the coins, I will either burn them or pass them on to the new developer.
At this point the coins, other than a small minority used for bounties and such, are just being held in safekeeping pending decisions on what to do with them.
Responding to the parent post, the two coins do not have the same features. As of next week, AEON has a different proof-of-work, and a slower block time. There will be additional differences soon thereafter. As I said elsewhere I have no objection to any and all features being ported back upstream, and I'd even do the work if they are features the Monero community wants.
Finally, no one is "heavy" into AEON. The total market cap (based on OTC) is something like 100K XMR or 60K USD (and the donation fund is maybe 8K XMR or 4.8K USD). People making a big deal about any of this are being hyperbolic or deliberately trolling.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄ G O L D M I N T ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▬▬▬ Blockchain based platform which operates Gold-backed Cryptoassets ▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬ BLOGTelegramSlackANN ThreadTwitterReddit ▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blobafett2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:18:15 PM

I can support smooth's statement here as I've donated 200K+ AEONs to the dev fund and..get this...it was entirely voluntary on my part. I was not desperate as TPTB has suggested because I hold XMR as the majority or my coins.  In fact, I traded most of my mined AEONs to XMR. Why donate 200K? Because the difficulty was incredibly low from Oct of last year til recently and I've amassed quite a bit of coins since then as there were very few miners.  I personally felt development needs to be funded and asking for donation is quite an honorable and respectable thing, a rare thing these days as most coin devs would just rely on premines and ICOs.  

Thanks for the information exciter0.

I agree devs need to be funded, I said before they should have enough share to be incentivized if they are to be expected to work full time for a few years and deliver what they promise - who wouldn't.

The potential issue I see though is with the fact that Smooth has a stake in both XMR and AEON as I have already highlighted as it represents a conflict of interest and various sketchy scenarios can come up if AEON increases in value, with Smooth positioned on the core team of both coins, and that I don't think the AEON / XMR investors are fully aware of this situation.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:30:57 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2015, 03:57:28 AM by smooth

The potential issue I see though is with the fact that Smooth has a stake in both XMR and AEON criticizes Dash and I don't like it so I rage-troll out of frustration and in an effort to retaliate and intimidate Smooth and others to keep quiet about the Dash instmine

I did the same thing six months ago even though Smooth had no involvement with AEON then.

FTFY
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:50:39 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2015, 09:38:49 PM by blobafett2

The potential issue I see though is with the fact that Smooth has a stake in both XMR and AEON criticizes Dash and I don't like it so I rage-troll out of frustration and in an effort to retaliate and intimidate Smooth and others to keep quiet about the Dash instmaine

I did the same thing six months ago even though Smooth had no involvement with AEON then.

FTFY

Thanks Smooth, but rather than changing my text to remove the words you don't like and replace them ones that sound better from your perspective, you can check my actual reasons for making this thread and investigating you in the OP, and people can make their own minds up:

This is the start of a thread where I will collate various research to enable us to document / investigate on the prolific trolling, attacking, and apparent insider dealing activities of the Monero/Aeon core dev known as Smooth (real identity unknown).

The reason for me to care to start this today was Smooth's current spamming of the Dash thread (with 28 posts of the same repeated scam accusation just in one day), essentially destroying the existing conversation there about the usual Dash topics / coming V12 release etc.

I have observed Smooth over many months and it is my opinion that he is in total conflict of interest as well as probably the most unprofessional and unethical dev I have seen on BCT with going around attacking his competitors without disclosing his position to benefit financially from that, also manipulating different cryptonote projects to position himself to profit such as his recent takeover of AEON, amongst other sketchy activities, and i am creating this thread as a starting point to see what information can be put together to investigate this person.

To start off, here is an example of the kind of unethical behaviour Smooth is doing - 50 posts just today attacking his competition and only 3 posts on the coins he is developing himself, without once admitting his absolute conflict of interest, as the core dev of a direct competitor:

So far, the majority of people agree that you are unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when you are spamming your competitors threads with the same repeated "scam" accusatios, 100s of times, over months, with your position on the Monero and AEON core teams.  

https://i.imgur.com/cxjEZs7.png

I have documented the scale of your full time attacks over months, and anyone can do their own research on your post history:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts

So if you are trying to say now that you are the victim after this one single thread created to ask questions after you spammed 50 posts accusing 3 of your competitors of being scammed yesterday, you're entitled to that opinion but clearly the wider BCT community doesn't think so.
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 08:59:02 PM

Re: the masternode discussion on page 6 of this thread, the fundamental problem with masternodes is they are not dumb intermediaries (i.e. as in the end-to-end principle that guides the design of internet protocols) and thus they can violate expected behavior. And example is their use in 0-conf transactions:

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/241012134

http://vanillacoin.net/papers/zerotime.pdf

Quote from: john-conner
While we appreciate the
InstantX[3] technology it suffers several major weaknesses in that it is a
centralized 3rd party approach vulnerable to collusion attacks, uses a 1st
generation approach to P2P network routing that yields both a limited horizon and
overall limited scalability

I have been designing a 0-conf, fully scalable consensus network that doesn't have the flaws of VNL's zerotime nor the masternode problem. One of the key epiphanies was making nodes dumb intermediaries where it is impossible for them to cheat.

ping me when you get that coded up and working.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:32:53 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 03:55:09 AM by smooth

So far, the majority of people forum-nicks voting on this troll-thread poll agree that you are unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when you are spamming your competitors threads with the same repeated "scam" accusatios, 100s of times, over months, with your position on the Monero and AEON core teams.  

Fortunately, forum polls sock-puppet ballot stuffing troll threads don't actually count for anything at all.

I'm free to post whatever I what wherever I want, as long as it is on topic and do not violate forum rules, and if you don't like it you can certainly make polls rage-troll, but other than that, too bad.

spammed 50 posts accusing

If you think I'm spamming, report it to forum mods. Otherwise your polls trolling is just a bunch of hot air.

Spamming is not correctly defined by the number of posts, assuming the posts are on topic, and contain relevant content. It doesn't matter if you think I have a conflict of interest or any other subjective pretense for your poll rage-trolling.

And, no, I won't be intimidated or threatened from calling out Dash's scamming or bullshit, nor that of any other coin, project or individual. You are wasting your time with this obviously retaliatory effort. In fact your efforts to silence me will just redouble my resolve to not be silenced by you or your favorite instamined scamcoin, Dash. Enjoy.

On the other hand, if we are going to give credit the accuracy of forum polls, we should remember that Dash developer EVAN DUFFIELD knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it

spatula

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:57:58 AM

So far, the majority of people forum-nicks voting on this one little thread[/s] agree that you are unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when you are spamming your competitors threads with the same repeated "scam" accusatios, 100s of times, over months, with your position on the Monero and AEON core teams. 

Fortunately, forum polls sock-puppet ballot stuffing troll threads don't actually count for anything at all.

I'm free to post whatever I what wherever I want, as long as it is on topic and do not violate forum rules, and if you don't like it you can certainly make polls rage-troll, but other than that, too bad.

If you think I'm spamming, report it to forum mods. Otherwise your polls trolling is just a bunch of hot air.

Spamming is not correctly defined by the number of posts, assuming the posts are on topic, and contain relevant content. It doesn't matter if you think I have a conflict of interest or any other subjective pretense for your poll rage-trolling.

And, no, I won't be intimidated or threatened from calling out Dash's scamming or bullshit, nor that of any other coin, project or individual. You are wasting your time with this obviously retaliatory effort. In fact your efforts to silence me will just redouble my resolve to not be silenced by you or your favorite instamined scamcoin, Dash. Enjoy.

If that's true, then why aren't you trolling the monero thread constantly pointing out the fact that it was launched as a scam because of its intentionally de-optimized miner? Don't you owe that to the users and investors of XMR? I think daily reminders at a minimum should suffice. Get on it!

oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:00:35 AM

Smooth has been posting sometimes dozens, sometimes only a few posts every day on that thread.  For many months.

This is a lie or an error, I do not know which. Therefore, of course, your conclusions can not follow from a false premise.

I don't know, does "every 24 hours" = "every day"?

...this warning will be posted every 24 hours on the BCT dash thread...
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:02:12 AM

If that's true, then why aren't you trolling the monero thread constantly pointing out the fact that it was launched as a scam because of its intentionally de-optimized miner? Don't you owe that to the users and investors of XMR? I think daily reminders at a minimum should suffice. Get on it!

Because it was not intentionally (or otherwise) de-optimized by the then-or current-developers of Monero, who were the ones who in fact optimized it and released the fixes as open source, to the great inconvenience and frustration of those trying to stay ahead with optimized private miners. This is well-documented; there is no dispute over it.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:03:37 AM

Smooth has been posting sometimes dozens, sometimes only a few posts every day on that thread.  For many months.

This is a lie or an error, I do not know which. Therefore, of course, your conclusions can not follow from a false premise.

I don't know, does "every 24 hours" = "every day"?

That is between generalizethis and blockafett/blobafett2 to work out, who collaborated to draft that statement. Perhaps a different frequency would be considered more fair, in balancing the interests of disclosure. I don't know.
oaxaca

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:05:58 AM

I don't know.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:06:17 AM

to OP : if you could somehow by creating this topic keep smooth in here occupied instead of having him daily troll us at the Dash forum we would be in your debt sir  Grin
Pls carry on..

edit : damn, i almost forgot to vote.. fixed

some things are just too good to be true, for example smooth managing to stay away from the Dash forum :

August 12, 2015 Time 09:57 PM : smooth last post in Dash forum
August 14, 2015 Time 02:46 AM : smooth trolling in the Dash forum has restarted
August 14, 2015 Time 02:51 AM : and is picking up steam..

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:09:10 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2015, 03:39:30 AM by blobafett2

So far, the majority of people forum-nicks voting on this one little thread[/s] agree that you are unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when you are spamming your competitors threads with the same repeated "scam" accusatios, 100s of times, over months, with your position on the Monero and AEON core teams.  

Be my guest, make more of a clown of yourself.  You're spamming the Dash thread and others 28 times in one day, because your desperate to stay relevant.  You spam various threads with the same thought-terminating clichés like "Dash is an instamine scam", 100s of times, and you're doing it because, as we already covered many times in this thread, you would rather people invest in your scheme than in whichever coin you are attacking.  

You posted on your theme of how Dash was "going nowhere" 28 times yesterday on the main thread, yet your own thread (the 'main' one as far as we know) only 2 people posted in the whole day, like you were told on the Dash thread:

maybe someone should contact smooth's forum(s) and have them gather some tips for a taxi back,
he looks to be too high of himself to be doing any riding of his own..

Smooth has posted 18 times on the Dash thread today alone. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts

...Whilst the Monero thread has only 1 post today, and that was from another user and about DogeCoinDark: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg12124988#msg12124988

Monero dev is posting 18 times in one day about how Dash "is going nowhere", while his own thread (one of them anyway) is practically dead.

I guess this shows that with characters like Smooth, they go where the money is.

damn, thats just pathetic and sad at the same time

This has already been covered in this thread many times Smooth, why are you repeating the same things that I have already responded too?

I think you should chill out a bit too, coins you attack like Dash are huge communities with many people working on lots of different sites and volume spread across lots of exchange markets, BCT is just an offshoot because the serious stuff is on Dashtalk, and it's a bit delusional to see you think that the markets actually pay any attention to your FUD, didn't you realize that yet after months of your trolling?  

And the emission issue you have raised 1000s of times in the last 5 months, was 18 months ago, and covered lots of times already even officially (as you've been told dozens of times) and the coin / market moved forward, no disrespect but you are from a small coin with hardly any users apart from some big enthusiasts on your speculation thread and practically nothing happening on your thread or the official Monero forums, development is so slow you even had to hire a developer recently for 260 hrs wok after your community complained....You are developing Aeon but that is even smaller than Monero community.

I think you are really living in a fantasy reality where your coin is about to take over bitcoin as you run around like some nutjob shouting the same rubbish over and over again, it's like you think the whole market is hanging off each word - but actually everyone in the market has just ignored you, and you just make yourself and your own coins look stupid.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:09:22 AM

to OP : if you could somehow by creating this topic keep smooth in here occupied instead of having him daily troll us at the Dash forum we would be in your debt sir  Grin
Pls carry on..

edit : damn, i almost forgot to vote.. fixed

some things are just too good to be true, for example smooth managing to stay away from the Dash forum :

Don't be mislead by my absence. I was still monitoring it for false or misleading statements, and I didn't happen to notice any obvious ones, so I didn't reply.

spatula

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:12:26 AM

Because it was not intentionally (or otherwise) de-optimized by the then-or current-developers of Monero, who were the ones who in fact optimized it and released the fixes as open source, to the great inconvenience and frustration of those trying to stay ahead with optimized private miners. This is well-documented; there is no dispute over it.

So you are admitting that monero was released with a scam miner that had been intentionally de-optimized, but you are claiming that you had no knowledge of the scam code you continued to push on your users? Are we supposed to just take your word on this?
oaxaca

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:13:46 AM

Make it every hour on the hour.  Certainly you can manage to write a script.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:14:51 AM

So you are admitting that monero was released with a scam miner that had been intentionally de-optimized, but you are claiming that you had no knowledge of the scam code you continued to push on your users? Are we supposed to just take your word on this?

"Admitting" that it was likely deliberately de-optimzed by the Bytecoin/CN scammers from which Monero was forked? We're the ones who originally discovered and reported exactly that!

I believe it was eizh, or tacotime, I don't remember which.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:15:26 AM

That is up to generalizethis and blobafett2 to work out. It is their text.
spatula

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:18:32 AM

"Admitting" that it was likely deliberately de-optimzed by the Bytecoin/CN scammers from which Monero was forked? We're the ones who originally discard and reported exactly that!

I believe it was eizh, or tacotime, I don't remember which.

So monero had a scam launch, but yet I don't see you trolling the monero thread regularly to remind everyone of this fact. Why do you care more about the users of other coins than the users of coins you dev? Shouldn't they get 24h reminders about the XMR scam?
oaxaca

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:20:17 AM

That is up to generalizethis and blobafett2 to work out. It is their text.

The post at 02:46:26 AM appears to be written by somebody named "smooth"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: