Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:29:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Smooth unethical / unprofessional / in conflict-of-interest when he posts 100s of the same repeated scam accusations on his competitor's threads on a daily basis.
Yes - Because if his attacks succeed against his competitors, his own coin/investment will benefit, he has a vested interest - 99 (54.1%)
No - there is no conflict of interest when a coin dev repeatedly accuses his competitors of being scams on their threads. - 51 (27.9%)
None of the above - 33 (18%)
Total Voters: 183

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation  (Read 20920 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:24:24 AM

This includes starting the mining early, having bugs in the code, or not providing Windows binaries, all of which are among the issues which we know occurred with Dash.

If you want to be ethical and professional you wouldn't promote buying a windoze. Linux is free for everybody.

Dude, I never use Windows, ever. You don't need to sell me on this. But it is excluding people to provide binaries for it, especially on the accelerated timescale of an instamine, where every little difference, even dumb ones like whether you support spoon-feed precompiled miners for a dumbed-down OS to dumbed-down people, become enormously important.

At that time many people were jumping from one coin to another. Many hundreds of people were watching closely every launch of a new coin. Many eyes were focused on Dash (xcoin, darkcoin at that time) thus many miners were ready.
I think only you were misled and deceived. What makes an envious butthurt

I really couldn't care less about missing mining Dash. I've done fine with mining other coins, and crypto is all a hobby to me anyway.

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:07:21 PM

If you want to be ethical and professional you wouldn't promote buying a windoze. Linux is free for everybody.

Dude, I never use Windows, ever. You don't need to sell me on this.

You misunderstood

you support spoon-feed precompiled miners for a dumbed-down OS to dumbed-down people

You should tell it to your miners-supporters.

dumbed-down OS to dumbed-down people

Maybe that is why eduffield didn't promote ''windoze''

I really couldn't care less about missing mining Dash. I've done fine with mining other coins, and crypto constant trolling on this forum is all a hobby to me anyway.

FTFY.
And of course i tried really hard not to laugh  Wink

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:16:06 PM

I really couldn't care less about missing mining Dash. I've done fine with mining other coins, and crypto constant trolling on this forum is all a hobby to me anyway.

FTFY.
And of course i tried really hard not to laugh  Wink

Of course, what you refer to derisively as "trolling" because it happens to threaten your bag, I refer to as calling out bullshit, scams, fraud, and rip-offs. Aside from the characterization, that is indeed a hobby of mine.

Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:31:31 PM

FTFY.

Of course, what you refer to derisively as "trolling" because it happens to threaten your bag, I refer to as calling out bullshit, scams, fraud, and rip-offs. Aside from the characterization, that is indeed a hobby of mine.

No. You feel, that you are threatened by ''my bag'' Roll Eyes and that you have to do something about it.
I don't worry about all of this ape-shit trolling of yours.
You didn't call it a bullshit before, when it didn't have any attention nor market cap (which in cryptoland is quite decent).
Cutting your self-called competitor's heads to feel taller is what your hobby is.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:33:05 PM

FTFY.

No. You feel, that you are threatened by ''my bag'' Roll Eyes and that you have to do something about it.

ROFL. No.

You didn't call it a bullshit before, when it didn't have any attention nor market cap (which in cryptoland is quite decent).
Cutting your self-called competitor's heads to feel taller is what your hobby is.

I can't even read that. Sorry.
Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:47:33 PM

Maybe because english is not my native language or you don't like to hear the truth about your motives.
If the former I am sorry.

blobafett2 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:10:23 PM

FTFY.

ROFL. No.

He's saying that he doesn't worry about your trolling [about instamines] because you never trolled about it until it had attention and market cap.  You're hobby is just to 'cut of the heads of your competitors to feel smaller' i.e. try to reduce their market cap to raise your own.
blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:12:39 PM

Maybe because english is not my native language or you don't like to hear the truth about your motives.
If the former I am sorry.

You're post was entirely comprehensible to anyone with a good understanding of English.  I think English is not Smooth's first language either but he doesn't like to admit it. Wink
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:14:08 PM

FTFY.

ROFL. No.

He's saying that he doesn't worry about your trolling [about instamines] because you never trolled about it until it had attention and market cap.  You're hobby is just to 'cut of the heads of your competitors to feel smaller' i.e. try to reduce their market cap to raise your own.

Well okay. The reality is that I never paid any real attention at all to Dash until it did the whole rename/takeover thing with dashcoin. That is a fact. I was aware of its existence, aware that it used a masternode concept that I don't like at a technical level, but that's all. Only after drk->dash/dashcoin did I even start looking into it and find out about the instamine, etc. It had zero to do with marketcap. I don't even know what its market cap was then compared to now (or before).

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:15:48 PM

FTFY.

ROFL. No.

Well okay. The reality is that I never paid any real attention at all to Dash until it did the whole rename/takeover thing with dashcoin. That is a fact. I was aware of its existence, aware that it used a masternode concept that I don't like at a technical level, but that's all. Only after drk->dash/dashcoin did I even start looking into it and find out about the instamine, etc. It had zero to do with marketcap. I don't even know what its market cap was then compared to now (or before).

From researching it, you only 'pay real attention' when their value goes up or your value goes down.  Why else?

Case in point on Dash, the rebrand caused a big price surge, you and the 'gang' then headed straight for the Dash threads.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:19:36 PM

FTFY.

ROFL. No.

From researching it, you only 'pay real attention' when their value goes up or your value goes down.  Why else?

Case in point on Dash, the rebrand caused a big price surge, you and the 'gang' then headed straight for the Dash threads.

I explained to you how, when, and why I became interested. You can ignore what I said and make up your own reasons if you like. I can't help you.
Lukas_Jackson

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:24:43 PM

Of course  Roll Eyes
How one can try not to laugh reading this.
You even trolled (I think I can use this word taking into account your hobby) a guy, few pages ago, because he mentioned his project. It was TPTB I believe.
You look through $$ glasses all the time...dude.

I explained to you how, when, and why I became interested. You can ignore what I said and make up your own reasons if you like. I can't help you.

And mostly you are ignored.
At the end, you will end up somewhere in the corner with your toys unless you make something usefull...if you are capable of

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:24:59 PM

FTFY.

ROFL. No.

He's saying that he doesn't worry about your trolling [about instamines] because you never trolled about it until it had attention and market cap.  You're hobby is just to 'cut of the heads of your competitors to feel smaller' i.e. try to reduce their market cap to raise your own.

From researching it, you only 'pay real attention' when their value goes up or your value goes down.  Why else?

Yes and excuse me if I don't take you on your (constantly changing) word Smooth, when we have 1000s of posts of you attacking that goes up and down in waves in direct correlation to the market cap / volume of your largest competitors (or in many cases just with a big XMR price change).
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:31:22 PM

FTFY.

ROFL. No.

He's saying that he doesn't worry about your trolling [about instamines] because you never trolled about it until it had attention and market cap.  You're hobby is just to 'cut of the heads of your competitors to feel smaller' i.e. try to reduce their market cap to raise your own.

From researching it, you only 'pay real attention' when their value goes up or your value goes down.  Why else?

Yes and excuse me if I don't take you on your (constantly changing) word Smooth, when we have 1000s of posts of you attacking that goes up and down in waves in direct correlation to the market cap / volume of your largest competitors (or in many cases just with a big XMR price change).

Honestly, I never seen such a toxic community as XMR's. Even though I'm not invested into DASH and have my opinion on the way things were handled I constantly read the BCT discussion and see them trolling there. Same goes for the VNL topic, out of the few trolls we had so far, atleast 80% were from the XMR topic.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:32:45 PM

FTFY.

ROFL. No.

Yes and excuse me if I don't take you on your (constantly changing) word Smooth, when we have 1000s of posts of you attacking that goes up and down in waves in direct correlation to the market cap / volume of your largest competitors.

Show your data for this correlation. And don't cherry pick and switch constantly in your so-called theory between price, marketcap, volume, or something else in each particular instance to show a convenient "correlation" at a particular moment in time. Also show, by the way, that your theory works when there is a negative signal.

Let me give you a hint. Nothing there. At best, pure coincidence, because for the most part I don't even look at prices/volumes/etc., especially for any coins other than XMR and BTC. I generally have no idea what they are doing at any given time.

Here's another theory by the way. Maybe when shitcoins (incl. Dash) go up in value, their promoters start going overboard with their hype and start bullshitting, which I call them out on.

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:46:09 PM

FTFY.

ROFL. No.

Yes and excuse me if I don't take you on your (constantly changing) word Smooth, when we have 1000s of posts of you attacking that goes up and down in waves in direct correlation to the market cap / volume of your largest competitors.

Show your data for this correlation. And don't cherry pick and switch constantly in your so-called theory between price, marketcap, volume, or something else in each particular instance to show a convenient "correlation" at a particular moment in time. Also show, by the way, that your theory works when there is a negative signal.

Let me give you a hint. Nothing there. At best, pure coincidence, because for the most part I don't even look at prices/volumes/etc., especially for any coins other than XMR and BTC. I generally have no idea what they are doing at any given time.

Here's another theory by the way. Maybe when shitcoins (incl. Dash) go up in value, their promoters start going overboard with their hype and start bullshitting, which I call them out on.

FTFY.

ROFL. No.

The data is your own posts: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts

And you are posting 28 times on the Dash thread in one day, when only 2 people posted on the whole XMR thread in the same day, because Dash is a shitcoin? ok, sure Smooth Wink

maybe someone should contact smooth's forum(s) and have them gather some tips for a taxi back,
he looks to be too high of himself to be doing any riding of his own..

Smooth has posted 18 times on the Dash thread today alone. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=13813;sa=showPosts

...Whilst the Monero thread has only 1 post today, and that was from another user and about DogeCoinDark: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg12124988#msg12124988

Monero dev is posting 18 times in one day about how Dash "is going nowhere", while his own thread (one of them anyway) is practically dead.

I guess this shows that with characters like Smooth, they go where the money is.

damn, thats just pathetic and sad at the same time

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 01:48:58 PM

And you are posting 28 times on the Dash thread in one day, when only 2 people posted on the whole XMR thread in the same day, because Dash is a shitcoin? ok, sure Smooth Wink

Okay just for fun I looked at what the price of Dash was doing on August 12, the day you claim I made 28 posts (which is wrong, but that's not the point here). It did basically nothing.

Now I'm sure you're going to say that the volume of Ethereum went up that day and I posted on Dash's thread to try to get more volume for XMR or something, but it is quite ridiculous.

blobafett2 (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:06:10 PM

Okay just for fun I looked at what the price of Dash was doing on August 12, the day you claim I made 28 posts (which is wrong, but that's not the point here). It did basically nothing.

Now I'm sure you're going to say that the volume of Ethereum went up that day and I posted on Dash's thread to try to get more volume for XMR or something, but it is quite ridiculous.

That was the start of the XMR dump...

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:08:36 PM

That was the start of the XMR dump...

ROFL. There's always something going on in some market.

This thread got really boring and low-content after AnonyMint left.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 02:10:17 PM

I hope we all can put the toxicity behind us and give everybody the peace of not trolling...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: