Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:52:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Thai Baht (฿) has always been the most frequently used Bitcoin symbol right?  (Read 30399 times)
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 02:54:17 AM

It would be nice to have an educated, well thought out, and reasonable estimate of the amount of time it would take for a large fraction of users to have the BTC symbol work (and for someone to fill in all the assumptions with reasonable guesses)...

Well, sorry but the discussion in this thread is less about BTC than about the general UTF-8 code to be used when communicating bitcoin and when it comes to that, using some web-font is no solution as not every form of communication allows to paint pretty pictures (use webfonts).
Also I see it as no solution to add some post in the Meta-subforum on how to make BTC display well when we want newbies to come and feel at home without having to jump through loops prior to using the forum.

OS X 10.5.8
So, an OS that is now 5 years old and beyond end of life (no more security fixes). You shouldn't even be allowed online with that.
There are plenty of older systems around, if you really want to enforce your ideal OS standard then I'll believe it when you turn up on my doorstep.  I'm easy to find.
At the very least, it's grounds for automatic ignoring complaints about standard things not working for you. The bugs were already fixed, you're just using a known-buggy version.

You may very well ignore his complaint concerning his system but you might have noticed that there are many others with fully updated machines that have severe issues that you can't ignore. For them you only have your religious reasons about pushing standards against any common sense.

Suggesting that people who aren't upgraded to the latest version of something should be discounted is really elitist.

Believe it or not, I met elitist people on this very forum Wink

Luke, did you get giant BTC tatooed on your butt that you defend it so religiously?

No, he has B|| on his forehead.

Furthermore, I consider that we should use Ƀ as the official Bitcoin symbol.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 12:54:34 AM

Furthermore, I consider that we should use Ƀ as the official Bitcoin symbol.

I second the motion...we can wait 5-10 years to get back to the B||...but we need a killer logo to introduce the B- symbol...
Logo Design Contest by Coinabul

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 12:45:11 PM

OS X 10.5.8
So, an OS that is now 5 years old and beyond end of life (no more security fixes). You shouldn't even be allowed online with that.

So I guess I can't run Bitcoin on my Apple IIgs?
http://www.geeks.org/~taubert/gstcp/

more or less retired.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 12:48:58 PM

What about my Commodore 64?  Embarrassed

http://www.jammingsignal.com/leif/commodore/ethernet.html
DiThi

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Firstbits: 1dithi

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 01:21:50 PM

Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit.

I like both  ฿ and Ƀ.

1DiThiTXZpNmmoGF2dTfSku3EWGsWHCjwt
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 02:12:27 PM

OS X 10.5.8

It's amazing how many commodores and apples still exist and work. Excluding hard drives, floppy drives and the like.

Every one of the laptops I have owned eventually shit the bed yet I still have a working Commodore 4plus, apple IIe, Commodore 64, pong, and the atari 2600 (Sears version), Wyse terminal, VT100 terminal, and more geeky old shit that used a lot of power. I hold on to a 13 inch color tv just to plug these things in, wait tens of minutes for it to start and 10s more minutes to load a game just so we can point and laugh at an 8 bit world. (Loaded from cassette with a modern boom box, holy shit, those things are 32 years old and they still work)

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 02:16:56 PM

It's amazing how many commodores and apples still exist and work. Excluding hard drives, floppy drives and the like.

Every one of the laptops I have owned eventually shit the bed yet I still have a working Commodore 4plus, apple IIe, Commodore 64, pong, and the atari 2600 (Sears version), Wyse terminal, VT100 terminal, and more geeky old shit that used a lot of power. I hold on to a 13 inch color tv just to plug these things in, wait tens of minutes for it to start and 10s more minutes to load a game just so we can point and laugh at an 8 bit world. (Loaded from cassette with a modern boom box, holy shit, those things are 32 years old and they still work)
Back then, they built computers to last. Who wants to pay $20,000 for a piece of equipment that dies in a few years? Nowadays, people replace their computers so often for upgrades that it doesn't really make sense to build them to last more than a few years.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 02:25:55 PM

There
OS X 10.5.8

There are so many devices older then that online it's silly. It's an arbitrarily silly requirement.

more or less retired.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 02:48:49 PM

I've still got a PET 2001. Works like a charm even after 35 years.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 04:15:10 PM

Back then, they built computers to last. Who wants to pay $20,000 for a piece of equipment that dies in a few years? Nowadays, people replace their computers so often for upgrades that it doesn't really make sense to build them to last more than a few years.
Not to mention, modern electronics are incredibly complicated compared to old pong machines and commodores.  Lots more bits and pieces crammed into smaller spaces with more heat to dissipate.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 04:25:00 PM

I think it has been the most used for BTC =)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Hasimir

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 01:14:59 AM

OS X 10.5.8

I've got some old Sun SPARCs and a C64 around here somewhere, so I guess they're out too.

OpenPGP/GPG key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D  I provide GPG Training services
IRC nick: Hasimir (Freenode and elsewhere)
BTC address: 19hiwsQq7xMAEyQMdiyGjkMGNmpN6GA5wL
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 03:58:46 AM

I think it has been the most used for BTC =)

Please stay on topic!

… yeah, my first computer … we upgraded it from 64kB to 374kB Smiley

Guess it's time for a Ƀ-Poll Wink

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
iongchun

Activity: 75

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:47:12 AM

I grin when reading this thread...
We use lots of combining character in the script of our language,
finally someone else feel the pain caused by incompetent browsers/editors/OS/rendering systems...
I would supprt the Capital B with Double Vertical Stroke Overlay with hoping that
everybody cares will push their browser/editor/OS/RS/... makers to move ahead  Grin

Bitcoin: 1NFMpJUW7sTKmnVKj12MxhPvCvzAKQ5gUV
Namecoin: N5Tnt3JyMeizsoAFAZDr7CSxjzDtPSisK8
Mining with P2Pool. Graph. Blocks.
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 06:03:29 AM

OS X 10.5.8

Shouldn't that say OS X.5.8?
Hasimir

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 06:44:50 AM

OS X 10.5.8

Shouldn't that say OS X.5.8?

You might think that, but no:

System Software Overview:

System Version:   Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L30)
  Kernel Version:   Darwin 9.8.0

OpenPGP/GPG key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D  I provide GPG Training services
IRC nick: Hasimir (Freenode and elsewhere)
BTC address: 19hiwsQq7xMAEyQMdiyGjkMGNmpN6GA5wL
zef

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 10:55:51 PM

this one is my personal favorite for bitcoin symbol. It even looks like a coin.
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/24b7/index.htm

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 12:26:15 AM

B⃦⃝ :p

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 12:30:19 AM

B⃦⃝ :p
I believe the B in circle is a compatibility character and is deprecated. B⃝  is displayed identically and should be used instead.
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 12:33:16 AM

ß, ฿, Ƀ, Б, Ъ, Ѣ   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: