Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 11:01:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5+ is available to order, 7.722TH/S 0.445J/GH  (Read 40035 times)
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:51:41 PM

My only issue is noise as my power is ''free''
I can use 10 kw +-
but people are just asking to much for used s5's, with all the monsters comming and are some even here (s7)
I want S5 but looking into s5+ or s7 Watercooling.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:58:22 PM

I can use 10 kw +-
but people are just asking to much for used s5's, with all the monsters comming and are some even here (s7)

I highly suggest into looking into sound proofing over switching to water cooling.  If you add up 10 KW worth of gear that is a lot of water cooling gear and modding if you want S5/S7.

As far as S7 i suggest you contact phil and look at his setup here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7216.msg12599594#msg12599594 . He was able to quiet the S7 and not have to resort to water cooling.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:57:07 PM

Looking for confirmation here. Let say i buy 1/3rd of a S5+ without a controller, i CAN run those 3 blades of a regular S5 controller, right? All i need is flash the S5+ firmware on the BBB or?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
SunnyIgor

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:04:18 PM

I can use 10 kw +-

I highly suggest into looking into sound proofing over switching to water cooling.  If you add up 10 KW worth of gear that is a lot of water cooling gear and modding if you want S5/S7.

As far as S7 i suggest you contact phil and look at his setup here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7216.msg12599594#msg12599594 . He was able to quiet the S7 and not have to resort to water cooling.

I already have the big and small rad from syscooling+ 2 1080 rad's
and I am building a (bong) tower cooler, so i think it is a little to late to switch....
I tried soundproofing got to much heat issues
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:27:00 PM

Looking for confirmation here. Let say i buy 1/3rd of a S5+ without a controller, i CAN run those 3 blades of a regular S5 controller, right? All i need is flash the S5+ firmware on the BBB or?

There are posts where people have run it the other way. Tupsu would be the one to confirm about doing it this way.
I would make sure before I laid the money out, but even if I had to buy an s5+ or S7 controller it would be worth it to me.

If you have an S7 ordered you can certainly run them along with the S7 boards from the S7 controller.

I definitely remember someone posting recently they ran S5+ boards using the S5 firmware. I have little doubt what you want to do will work. Regarding chip communication, the string design, the hardware interface, it is all the same. The S5+ simply introduced more ports on the controller when discussing anything in the context of what you are doing.

If you know of someone selling S5+ hash boards please PM me as I am interested. I need to check out some places.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:42:20 PM

There are posts where people have run it the other way. Tupsu would be the one to confirm about doing it this way.
I would make sure before I laid the money out, but even if I had to buy an s5+ or S7 controller it would be worth it to me.

If you have an S7 ordered you can certainly run them along with the S7 boards from the S7 controller.

I definitely remember someone posting recently they ran S5+ boards using the S5 firmware. I have little doubt what you want to do will work. Regarding chip communication, the string design, the hardware interface, it is all the same. The S5+ simply introduced more ports on the controller when discussing anything in the context of what you are doing.

If you know of someone selling S5+ hash boards please PM me as I am interested. I need to check out some places.

You can buy here

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1178317.0
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:55:28 PM

You can buy here

I already have a S5 controller so i'm just wondering if the S5 controller run the S5+ blades with the S5 firmware or it need to be flashed to something else.

And that user refuse to sell outside the US so i would need a seller that doesn't mind filling a 30 second form for shipping to Canada. So i cannot pick up that deal. Also 30cents per GH is a bit too expensive, especially when you add import/shipping costs.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:18:57 PM

I already have a S5 controller so i'm just wondering if the S5 controller run the S5+ blades with the S5 firmware or it need to be flashed to something else.

And that user refuse to sell outside the US so i would need a seller that doesn't mind filling a 30 second form for shipping to Canada. So i cannot pick up that deal. Also 30cents per GH is a bit too expensive, especially when you add import/shipping costs.

Yes. it works with S5 controller.
But I do not recommend the use it with S5 software. Or use at your own risk.
With S5+ software you get six phantom blades with temp 0 and 3 normal blades with normal temp.

If you tink, that 2,8 BTC for 2,5-2,7TH/s at 0.445J/GH miner is too expensive,
 then  how much is in your opinion
normal price for 2 x S5   2310 GH/s at 0.51J/GH ?

The cheapest Canadian price for S5 I have seen here 300 USD , if you buy a whole batch.

In  what Province you live ?
Import duty & taxes when importing into Canada
http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-Canada/
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:28:27 PM

Yes. it works with S5 controller.
But I do not recommend the use it with S5 software. Or use at your own risk.
With S5+ software you get six phantom blades with temp 0 and 3 normal blades with normal temp.

If you tink, that 2,8 BTC for 2,5-2,7TH/s at 0.445J/GH miner is too expensive,
 then  how much is in your opinion
normal price for 2 x S5   2310 GH/s at 0.51J/GH ?

The cheapest Canadian price for S5 I have seen here 300 USD , if you buy a whole batch.

In  what Province you live ?
Import duty & taxes when importing into Canada
http://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-Canada/

You do not recommend using S5+ blades with S5 controller with S5 software or S5+ software? One second you say S5 software is bad and the next you say S5+ software is bad.

Are they both bad?

The post you sent me, he says they run at 2.2th. If they ran at 2.7TH it would possibly be worth it. Since i used 2.2TH for the math. While i did 2.6TH for 2*S5 for 2.2BTC~ That is the price i been picking up parts at, around 1BTC for a whole s5. Or 250$~

And i am in Québec, but the tax isin't applicable if the seller pick value = 1$ for electronic parts. Regardless the seller does not wish to ship outside the US. So i need to find something else.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Tupsu
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:47:15 PM

You do not recommend using S5+ blades with S5 controller with S5 software or S5+ software? One second you say S5 software is bad and the next you say S5+ software is bad.

Are they both bad?

The post you sent me, he says they run at 2.2th. If they ran at 2.7TH it would possibly be worth it. Since i used 2.2TH for the math. While i did 2.6TH for 2*S5 for 2.2BTC~ That is the price i been picking up parts at, around 1BTC for a whole s5. Or 250$~

And i am in Québec, but the tax isin't applicable if the seller pick value = 1$ for electronic parts. Regardless the seller does not wish to ship outside the US. So i need to find something else.

6 blades average after 3 day  5,114.68  freg 325
at 350 it is more  Grin

And yes, both software with S5 controller may be bad with S5+. I have 3 overheated S5+ blades in China. I still do not know what happened, since the second power supply switched off from over heating and rescued four blades.

But I've seen it before with water cooled S5 at temp 130 krad Celsius.  I was hoping that this error is corrected by S5+ software.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:13:11 PM

Are they both bad?

at 350 it is more  Grin

And yes, both software with S5 controller may be bad with S5+. I have 3 overheated S5+ blades in China. I still do not know what happened, since the second power supply switched off from over heating and rescued four blades.

But I've seen it before with water cooled S5 at temp 130 krad Celsius.  I was hoping that this error is corrected by S5+ software.

I see thanks.

Okay that sound more reasonable than the expected 2.2ths. So if i understand correctly;

I should use S5 controller with S5+ firmware if i have 3 blades, since the phantom blades bug only appear on 4+ blades on one S5 controller?

And also i'm guessing if i put fans that always run at 100% with a external controller, the blades would not overheat since the controller would have no way of turning them off.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:28:30 PM

Are they both bad?

at 350 it is more  Grin

I think it sucks but I think you got a dud.   I think it is more then just software with it being on it's 3rd blade.   Just is a lot of bad to happen to one unit.

I still am running along with my S5+ happily with no issues.   It runs and runs for weeks without touching it.  I don't know if it helps but something with my mining area is a lot of CFM's of air going through my miners from big fans pushing that hot air away. 

That is only thing I have done that not everyone would have.  But mine has not had any issues besides hardware errors.  Somehow they messed up the equation with HW errors and when I run for long periods with very little hw errors it shows a very very small negative which is impossible.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 11:56:35 PM

Are they both bad?

at 350 it is more  Grin

I think it sucks but I think you got a dud.   I think it is more then just software with it being on it's 3rd blade.   Just is a lot of bad to happen to one unit.

I still am running along with my S5+ happily with no issues.   It runs and runs for weeks without touching it.  I don't know if it helps but something with my mining area is a lot of CFM's of air going through my miners from big fans pushing that hot air away. 

That is only thing I have done that not everyone would have.  But mine has not had any issues besides hardware errors.  Somehow they messed up the equation with HW errors and when I run for long periods with very little hw errors it shows a very very small negative which is impossible.

Well if i get a 1/3rd of a already working and used S5+, hopefully i won't run into the issues Tupsu did. I'm just guessing the odds of getting 1/3rd of a S5+ without a controller for a good price, comparable to just getting some S5's is a bit low. Especially since the deal is killed if the person is outside NA, most likely.

If someone selling parts of a S5+ wanted a quick sale and eat the shipping cost and declared it was worth very little, just parts, it would probably then be worth buying from the US. But there is an awful lots of Americans that don,t want to fill that little form for clearing customs.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Well if i get a 1/3rd of a already working and used S5+, hopefully i won't run into the issues Tupsu did. I'm just guessing the odds of getting 1/3rd of a S5+ without a controller for a good price, comparable to just getting some S5's is a bit low. Especially since the deal is killed if the person is outside NA, most likely.

If someone selling parts of a S5+ wanted a quick sale and eat the shipping cost and declared it was worth very little, just parts, it would probably then be worth buying from the US. But there is an awful lots of Americans that don,t want to fill that little form for clearing customs.
[/quote]

I didn't have to sign any customs forms when I got my S5+ from bitmain. It could have varied by carrier.  I did pay extra for PSU's the 3 were shipped at a weight less then actual from bitmain, so carrier charged me the difference.  But that was all I had to do.

And I would agree chances of getting 1/3 of one is pretty slim.  It was a  pretty limited sale to customers.  I can't imagine someone splitting up the set of 3 when selling.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:28:46 AM

I didn't have to sign any customs forms when I got my S5+ from bitmain. It could have varied by carrier.  I did pay extra for PSU's the 3 were shipped at a weight less then actual from bitmain, so carrier charged me the difference.  But that was all I had to do.

And I would agree chances of getting 1/3 of one is pretty slim.  It was a  pretty limited sale to customers.  I can't imagine someone splitting up the set of 3 when selling.

Its usually the sender that fill the form depicting what the content is and its value, since its used at custom to decide how its handled and then calculate the tax. When its part its easy to say its just parts and they don't have value you can really look up.

And i saw people selling 1/3rd of a S5 with a controller so it should be just as easy for them to sell without a controller. If they happen to not have one spare but i don't know. I think with the S7 a lot of people who bought the S5+ might be wondering if they did the right thing. At least for people that pay a significant price on their electricity.

And i'm fine with only picking up S5's till i cap my appartment's capacity. But when hunting for good deals its best to be open to more than one type of miner.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:50:33 AM

Its usually the sender that fill the form depicting what the content is and its value, since its used at custom to decide how its handled and then calculate the tax. When its part its easy to say its just parts and they don't have value you can really look up.

And i saw people selling 1/3rd of a S5 with a controller so it should be just as easy for them to sell without a controller. If they happen to not have one spare but i don't know. I think with the S7 a lot of people who bought the S5+ might be wondering if they did the right thing. At least for people that pay a significant price on their electricity.

And i'm fine with only picking up S5's till i cap my appartment's capacity. But when hunting for good deals its best to be open to more than one type of miner.

I never got a form to fill out with my S5+ purchase.  I could have been lucky or could have been the carrier but I never had to declare a value.  But since US ... really does not matter to matter with no vat.

Can you link to some of these partingout?  I just have not seen it.   Seems crazy to split up a S5+ into selling modules.  I don't think they were selling controllers by them self on S5+ from bitmain.   It's just pretty limited on number out there that made it publicly.

Now if your talking about S5 parting yes there are many S5's.  Some are old some have problems parting them out is much much more common.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:53:57 AM

I never got a form to fill out with my S5+ purchase.  I could have been lucky or could have been the carrier but I never had to declare a value.  But since US ... really does not matter to matter with no vat.

Can you link to some of these partingout?  I just have not seen it.   Seems crazy to split up a S5+ into selling modules.  I don't think they were selling controllers by them self on S5+ from bitmain.   It's just pretty limited on number out there that made it publicly.

Now if your talking about S5 parting yes there are many S5's.  Some are old some have problems parting them out is much much more common.

You would be the buyer, not the sender. So its Bitmain that need to fill the paperwork.

There's this guy with one 1/3 S5+ + S5 controller for sale right now;

And i think Tupsu did some crazy weird things and tried to sell them as well.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:01:36 AM

You would be the buyer, not the sender. So its Bitmain that need to fill the paperwork.

Is your apartment in US?  What I was trying to say and might not be coming through clear is with being US there is no VAT so bitmain filling out paperwork on worth so far has not effected me.  Only when PSU's were sent at lower weight then correct have I had to pay any extra. 

I give you that there is one out there seeing that.  But i stick with my prediction there will not be many 1/3 of S5+'s at least until they are older by a good amount.  And working set I think will stick together in most cases.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:10:13 AM

Is your apartment in US?  What I was trying to say and might not be coming through clear is with being US there is no VAT so bitmain filling out paperwork on worth so far has not effected me.  Only when PSU's were sent at lower weight then correct have I had to pay any extra. 

I give you that there is one out there seeing that.  But i stick with my prediction there will not be many 1/3 of S5+'s at least until they are older by a good amount.  And working set I think will stick together in most cases.

Oh no i'm in Canada, the tax depend on the declared value of the package, which is done by Bitmain. For a S5 when it was 400USD i paid 20$~ import tax. Meanwhile the half working s5 i received from tarzan2 cost me 0.

The form need to be fill regardless of the value of whatever's in the package. I've had to pay import fee from the US and i had to give a form back when i sent back a PSU to the US and there was some border fee.

Its kind of wacky. Basically it range from 0 to 30%~ or something, it depend on what it is. Sidehack's batch was 20%~, the zeus miners i got were 6%~ and the parts psu i got were 1%~

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
mikefallen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:02:43 PM

Well something on the bright side my hash card number 5 has been intermittently working but hasn't dropped off the array in 3 days, when it stops working i restart the miner  a couple times and it starts working again......really weird.

I'm getting a pretty decent hash rate and overclock.

3d10h uptime

375 mhz = 8.7 TH
HW = .0260%

Bitcointalk Trading Address: 149cRHxme8kP4grxg2f7cgyYTqGhZzvj6f
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: