Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:40:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5+ is available to order, 7.722TH/S 0.445J/GH  (Read 40035 times)
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:39:31 PM

You might have a reduction in errors with freq 362  Wink
mikefallen

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:43:16 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 02:54:22 PM by mikefallen

You might have a reduction in errors with freq 362  Wink

0.0260% HW error is not bad righT?

i mean 99.974% correct?

Bitcointalk Trading Address: 149cRHxme8kP4grxg2f7cgyYTqGhZzvj6f
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:12:29 PM

i mean 99.974% correct?

Its not an exceedingly high amount but when you start getting more HW, your chip start actually hashing a bit less, its not just a HWE% thing. Its probably a voltage thing. It does that with my S5. At around 400hz the Hashrate no longer raise, then it start lowering even though HWE% isint event really raising by that much.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:47:17 PM

i mean 99.974% correct?

No it is not a bad amount.   What pool are you pointed to?  Also  what country are you mining from (guaging if there is a stratum server half way close to you).

But I am on antpool currently and have had very very low hw error .0002 % - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1157426.120 .  It is worth mentioning I do have fiber to the mining area with gigabit internet with very low pings (yes the gigabit is overkill but I use it too).
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 06:02:40 PM

Well something on the bright side my hash card number 5 has been intermittently working but hasn't dropped off the array in 3 days, when it stops working i restart the miner  a couple times and it starts working again......really weird.

I'm getting a pretty decent hash rate and overclock.

3d10h uptime

375 mhz = 8.7 TH
HW = .0260%

Mathematically at 375MHz you should be seeing 8910GH/S so VirosaGITS could well be right and you may find that dropping the Frequency a notch or two you do not see much of a reduction in Hash, but HW error rate will probably reduce.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
RichBC

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:26:01 PM

Agreed their support is not as good as it should be, however not sure that posting this all over the Forum is going to help you? What you do not seem to have done at any point is come on the Forum, describe the problems you are having and seek help from this knowledgeable community?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:13:56 PM

Bitmain's support SUCKS big time !!!

I received the S5+ (7.7T SUPPOSEDLY) at the beginning of September and I immediately opened a support ticket (5th of Sep.) because the results I got with the miner were AWFUL !
I was waiting for 10+ days for a single reply, and each time their reply was asking me "did you do this, did you do that" although I explained in details what I've done, so they were obviously just stalling.
This took like 3 months of Q & A , going into circle with the same questions over and over , to finally notice that beginning December they CLOSED the ticket like it's been solved!!! I re-opened the ticket 10 days ago - and guess what - NO reply yet !!!

They didn't offer ANY solution for the whole time !!!
They tried to put the blame on the PSU's, so I bought 3 new 1600w PSU's  !!! For nothing !!!
I'm still getting like more than 70.000 HW errors per day showing 6.5T at the max Angry

THE WORST COMPANY WITH THE WORST SUPPORT !!! *E*V*E*R* ! ! !

What are your settings?
RichBC

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 01:53:07 PM

@ cryptouser here's my suggestion.

1) First delete the other dozen copies of this problem, this is the right thread to discuss S5+ problems.

2) Give us a brief description of the problem and what you have tried to fix it?

3) Answer the question above, frequency in particular. Give us a screenshot of the Status Screen?

4) Your S5+ is functioning and is "only" 16% down on spec, bear in mind the spec allows for - 5%

Next thing to do would be to narrow the problem down. S5+ has 3 Systems each with 3 hash boards, so first thing to do is to test them one system at a time and establish if one of the systems is responsible for the reduced hash? Then check the 3 boards in that system  individually to find which board is responsible.

However that's enough guessing as to the best approach to take, without some sort of response from you.......

Rich

cryptouser

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

O__o

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:15:56 PM

@ cryptouser here's my suggestion.

1) First delete the other dozen copies of this problem, this is the right thread to discuss S5+ problems.

2) Give us a brief description of the problem and what you have tried to fix it?

3) Answer the question above, frequency in particular. Give us a screenshot of the Status Screen?

4) Your S5+ is functioning and is "only" 16% down on spec, bear in mind the spec allows for - 5%

Next thing to do would be to narrow the problem down. S5+ has 3 Systems each with 3 hash boards, so first thing to do is to test them one system at a time and establish if one of the systems is responsible for the reduced hash? Then check the 3 boards in that system  individually to find which board is responsible.

However that's enough guessing as to the best approach to take, without some sort of response from you.......

Rich

RichBC the thing is that the problem is not only S5+ related, but it's more like "Bitmain related", that's why I did post it in multiple threads where I saw discussion about  their products.

Thank you for offering to troubleshoot the problem, I really do appreciate it, but I just don't want to go over it again...I've spent like 3 months trying to resolve that issue and I'll leave it that way, don't give a sh*t about it anymore ....

I'm so pissed off with those morons that I will never EVER buy a single piece of crap they sell!!! You can't treat customers like that!
RichBC

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:50:24 PM

RichBC the thing is that the problem is not only S5+ related, but it's more like "Bitmain related", that's why I did post it in multiple threads where I saw discussion about  their products.

Thank you for offering to troubleshoot the problem, I really do appreciate it, but I just don't want to go over it again...I've spent like 3 months trying to resolve that issue and I'll leave it that way, don't give a sh*t about it anymore ....

I'm so pissed off with those morons that I will never EVER buy a single piece of crap they sell!!! You can't treat customers like that!

OK have it your way, it's your money. Just a pity that you chose over the last 4 Months to rely on Bitmain for support & not use this Forum and the wealth of experience that exists here to perhaps find a solution to your reduced Hash Rate....

Rich

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:38:30 AM

OK have it your way, it's your money. Just a pity that you chose over the last 4 Months to rely on Bitmain for support & not use this Forum and the wealth of experience that exists here to perhaps find a solution to your reduced Hash Rate....

Rich

Dont bother, not dealing with a Rational adult here. Already asked him to tone it down and already offered to help and he has pretty much just spat in my face. Not quite sure him getting banned for spamming is going to help his issue either.

We are not Bitmain, so i don't see why we're getting the hate.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:18:58 AM

Rich

Dont bother, not dealing with a Rational adult here. Already asked him to tone it down and already offered to help and he has pretty much just spat in my face. Not quite sure him getting banned for spamming is going to help his issue either.

People get mad when were talking about spending good money on  products.  I got lucky my S5+ is still running good today no issues.   So he got a dud... which is not fun for anyone.  At this point I'm guessing it's out of warranty so doubt they do much.

They have moved on to S7's I would be surprised if they had many S5+ parts still with it being so limited production.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:02:58 PM

RichBC the thing is that the problem is not only S5+ related, but it's more like "Bitmain related", that's why I did post it in multiple threads where I saw discussion about  their products.

Rich

People get mad when were talking about spending good money on  products.  I got lucky my S5+ is still running good today no issues.   So he got a dud... which is not fun for anyone.  At this point I'm guessing it's out of warranty so doubt they do much.

They have moved on to S7's I would be surprised if they had many S5+ parts still with it being so limited production.

It is possible he did, but i see a lot of people complaining about low hashrate and high error rate and then they reveal they run the thing on a crap PSU. I might of missed one of his messages since he posted/spammed all over the forum, but he never replied to the post where i asked him that information, afaik.

Instead of building up rage for months, he should of came to us a long time ago.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cryptouser

O__o

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:07:39 PM

Rich

@VirosaGITS 
Not cool man ! Nobody spat at anyone's face as far as I understand English (although not my mother language)
I said I can't deal with it right now , I don't have time for it since I work for 12+ hrs every day! Maybe if things change a little bit - I will give it a try again!
I also politely said "thank you" to the people that offered their knowledge&experience to help me out, so I really don't see the need for such a comment .
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:16:55 PM

Rich

@VirosaGITS 
Not cool man ! Nobody spat at anyone's face as far as I understand English (although not my mother language)
I said I can't deal with it right now , I don't have time for it since I work for 12+ hrs every day! Maybe if things change a little bit - I will give it a try again!
I also politely said "thank you" to the people that offered their knowledge&experience to help me out, so I really don't see the need for such a comment .

You did spam the forum across several boards, copy pasted your wall of rage all over, and then reply with rage-induced words at a couple of replies you got to them, while replying stuff like "Its not about troubleshooting anymore, its about Bitmain sucking!!!1111".

You're posting your rant all over, to people who want to help you, when your rant has nothing to do with these people, nor are any of us related to Bitmain, this is not Bitmain's forum.

You seem to have plenty of time to reply to posts, to complain further, for someone who does not have time to reply to the inquiries of people who wish to help you.

I just don't see why you keep posting over and over, wasting your time and some other's, since you dont actually seem to want to get anything constructive done. That is why my latest replies to you has been harsh.

If you want help with the S5+, i and other's all are available to help you as time allow and i'm listening right now. But if you don't want any kind of help from users, i just don't get why you keep posting about it.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
cryptouser

O__o

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:33:43 PM

Rich

@VirosaGITS 

You did spam the forum across several boards, copy pasted your wall of rage all over, and then reply with rage-induced words at a couple of replies you got to them, while replying stuff like "Its not about troubleshooting anymore, its about Bitmain sucking!!!1111".

You're posting your rant all over, to people who want to help you, when your rant has nothing to do with these people, nor are any of us related to Bitmain, this is not Bitmain's forum.

You seem to have plenty of time to reply to posts, to complain further, for someone who does not have time to reply to the inquiries of people who wish to help you.

I just don't see why you keep posting over and over, wasting your time and some other's, since you dont actually seem to want to get anything constructive done. That is why my latest replies to you has been harsh.

If you want help with the S5+, i and other's all are available to help you as time allow and i'm listening right now. But if you don't want any kind of help from users, i just don't get why you keep posting about it.
Why am I still posting ?? Because some very respected people from this community offered their help !!!
And it's way too rude just to ignore that !
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 01:26:32 AM

Rich

@VirosaGITS 

Why am I still posting ?? Because some very respected people from this community offered their help !!!
And it's way too rude just to ignore that !

Who offered help on it? And what help did they offer?

I just think it's going to be interesting on what they can help.  I think if at end of warranty you did not get it fixed... chances are sadly you are out of luck.  And I think they will be out of parts, I just don't see them having many unless you get lucky and they have a pile somewhere.
4ever4apple

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 11:13:26 AM

looking for dead bodies of ANTMINER S5+ chickens)
yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:43:47 PM

You are buying dead units? 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 08:50:56 PM

You are buying dead units? 

Dead bodies? What? The heatsink, husk or the boards? I got some dead boards, i could sell one and the other with Sidehack's permission i guess.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀