Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:22:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD FLY THREAD  (Read 163608 times)
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 01:48:49 AM

Developer issue.

Well that went faster than expected!
A new quality developer referred by FlyTeam Member Mattais/EuropeCoin
     has been hired to make necessary code changes.
    Dev will make the code changes necessary to enable you to withdraw from Yobit.

Thank you!

welcome aboard another good Dev.
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:07:57 AM

Words from the YoBit chatbox

srdesignsllc L1: bummer missed the buy fly opportunity again
Vegasguy  L3: Team fly went into high gear today!
Vegasguy  L3: It was magical
Vegasguy  L3: we all played a part
srdesignsllc L1: Yeah my buy was just 1 sat lower than the low
srdesignsllc L1: Thanks for fixing everything
Vegasguy  L3: Its a great feeling
Vegasguy  L3: FLY was in bad shape when our main dev bailed..
Vegasguy  L3: funds stuck on yobit
Vegasguy  L3: we were a mess...
Vegasguy  L3: But we pulled together and got everything fixed
mickycob: :simple_smile:
Vegasguy  L3: Thinking about it now.. I think it actually helped our image
Vegasguy  L3: see NONE of us had fly here.. the top guys dont sell
Vegasguy  L3: so we could have just abandoned everyone here..
Vegasguy  L3: that would have been the easy way out
Vegasguy  L3: another exchange already had accepted our code the way it was.
Vegasguy  L3: But thats not what we are about.
Vegasguy  L3: The choice was easy.. we chose the road of "Integrity". To not burn anyone, and Team FLY always will, its who we are. Night all :simple_smile:
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:33:13 AM

IMPORTANT Re-Post

A round of applause to:
  Vegas - He went into high speed to get this fix done so people can get their coins
              which were stuck on Yobit. From post #20 Vegas-"Ohh, this is going to be a wild
              ride -  Depending on your position, you might laugh or cry, or both"
  EuropeCoin for recommending a quality developer
  keesdewit - Developer of Amsterdam Coin who made the necessary fix at lightspeed
                    (With the time zone changes for him it was very late at night)

New wallet fixing Yobit withdrawal problem (See post #1503 above)
midnight_miner

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 02:36:46 AM

IMPORTANT Re-Post

A round of applause to:
  Vegas - He went into high speed to get this fix done so people can get their coins
              which were stuck on Yobit. From post #20 Vegas-"Ohh, this is going to be a wild
              ride -  Depending on your position, you might laugh or cry, or both"
  EuropeCoin for recommending a quality developer
  keesdewit - Developer of Amsterdam Coin who made the necessary fix at lightspeed
                    (With the time zone changes for him it was very late at night)

New wallet fixing Yobit withdrawal problem (See post #1503 above)

keesdewit !!! Nice!  He is doing great things with the AMS coin!  I have been following AMS for a long time.

You are in good hands.
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 03:20:38 AM

Thanks for the message, Woody20285, I just compiled the new wallet and it's working good.

It surprises me that the new wallet still was version 1.6.1.0. I would think that this fork would deserve at least a 1.6.1.1 version, so we can know that we are running the corrected wallet.

Anyway, I hope we are all synchronized in the right fork Smiley

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
Woody20285
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 03:27:20 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2015, 03:53:42 AM by Woody20285

Thanks for the message, Woody20285, I just compiled the new wallet and it's working good.

It surprises me that the new wallet still was version 1.6.1.0. I would think that this fork would deserve at least a 1.6.1.1 version, so we can know that we are running the corrected wallet.

Anyway, I hope we are all synchronized in the right fork Smiley

I agree - the new dev will be asked to fix -
he was working late at night (his time) and at light speed to get it out
New wallet Post #1503 above
bittamak

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 04:10:06 AM

New wallet fixing Yobit withdrawal problem

Well - I said less than 24 hours for a fix and here it is less than 2 hours later!!! Smiley Cheesy
Yobit has the new wallet and a test was done of a withdrawal.

TimC suggested that if you do a dumpprivkey in console (carefully copy  and paste it into a text file), you could avoid the hastle of step #7 if you run into problems. Note: once you export the private key, anyone with access to it could take your coins - best to save it in a text file on a flash drive. The private key is litterally the key to your coins. Anyone with it could import your coins and move them. If you are not comfortable with dumpprivkey  - go through steps 1 - 6 and ask for help if needed

Read all steps before you start!!!
1. Change name of wallet.dat and/or Backup wallet.dat (in AppData-Roaming-FlyCoin)
    with a name like wallet.dat.FlyCoins
2. Delete all files in Roaming-FlyCoin except your wallet.dat.FLYcoins
    This is necessary due to new nodes (coded in wallet) and peers. (Do not use the old nodes in the Ann).
3.  Click on this link to new Wallet
    http://www.keesdewit.nl/FlyCoin-qt.zip
3. It is a good idea to keep a copy of the old wallet in case you need it - you could remane it flycoin-qt.exe.old
    Put new wallet in location of present Flycoin wallet-qt and Start new Wallet & re-synch
    If your wallet gets stuck on re-synch - just close and re-open (mine got stuck around 21,000 blocks)
    My wallet re-synched in 1/2 the time it took to write this)
4. Close your wallet again
5. Go back to the Roaming Folder-FlyCoin and delete the newly created empty wallet.dat
    (not the wallet.dat.FlyCoin) then, re-name wallet.dat.Flycoin to wallet.dat -
     keep a copy of wallet.dat.Flycoin somewhere in case you need it
6. Re-open wallet - should be good

Edit: 7. We have had a couple reports of not being able to reopen the wallet after
          re-naming wallet.dat.flycoin to wallet.dat - this happened to me in a previous Flycoin version and also in another coin.
          The fix is go back to the previous working version - export priv key - reinstall new wallet with empty wallet.dat
          and import priv key. You will then need to do a new name claim because the old wallet address will be empty

If you need a previous version see a previous presstab post with the link or ask here on thread.
         I will be on a plane to Florida Thursday and checking in here after 5 pn Easten time US

New Github Link: https://github.com/CoinProjects/Fly-coin

Any problems PM myself or email Vegas at info@BitcoinLasVegas.net

After step 6, opening my wallet crashes and here is the info from debug.log

Done loading
AddLocal([2001:0:5ef5:79fb:814:3838:8a3c:4d92]:41568,1)
ThreadDNSAddressSeed started
Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)
ThreadMapPort started
ThreadIRCSeed exited
ThreadOpenAddedConnections started
ThreadSocketHandler started
ThreadOpenConnections started
ThreadMessageHandler started
1 addresses found from DNS seeds
ThreadDNSAddressSeed exited
ThreadStakeMiner started
Flushed 119 addresses to peers.dat  40ms
trying connection 198.50.243.84:41568 lastseen=0.1hrs
connected 198.50.243.84:41568
send version message: version 60040, blocks=31193, us=[2001:0:5ef5:79fb:814:3838:8a3c:4d92]:41568, them=198.50.243.84:41568, peer=198.50.243.84:41568
refreshWallet
socket recv error 10053
disconnecting node 198.50.243.84:41568
trying connection 72.91.170.103:41568 lastseen=0.2hrs
midnight_miner

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

We only want the FACTS!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 04:53:22 AM

Anyone else getting this?

Error reading wallet.dat

http://www.actionit.ca/images/2015-11-11%2023_39_27-FlyCoin%20-%20Wallet.png

GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 05:01:24 AM

Guys, don't forget step 2:

This is necessary due to new nodes (coded in wallet) and peers. (Do not use the old nodes in the Ann).

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
Woody20285
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 06:40:58 AM

Poss. 2 problems - I had same problem on version 1.5
Possibility 1 Nodes as pointed out by Tiger above - delete the roaming (not wallet with coins)

Possibility 2 The problem I had in ver. 1.5 - solution here - if in doubt get help

Save wallet.dat with coins (You already should have this)  - start old wallet that worked with wallet.dat with coins - dumpprivkey  - save private key to text file or word and save it (repeat for each address with coins) - close wallet - delete roaming - start new wallet - synch wallet completely - import priv key address 1 (repeat each address) - close - delete roaming except the new wallet.dat because after import the coins are there - then reopen wallet and coins come in as resynchs

need an old version of wallet that worked for you  - have wallet.dat with coins saved somewhere so don't overwrite it - make sure save all of priv key- don't miss any letters/numbers

In console dumpprivkey Adressyouareexporting
                importpriv privkey label (i.e.main or Pos)

New wallet link Post #1503
GIminer

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:05:45 AM

Well - I said less than 24 hours for a fix and here it is less than 2 hours later!!! Smiley Cheesy

TimC suggested that if you do a dumpprivkey in console (carefully copy  and paste it into a text file), you could avoid the hastle of step #7 if you run into problems. Note: once you export the private key, anyone with access to it could take your coins - best to save it in a text file on a flash drive. The private key is litterally the key to your coins. Anyone with it could import your coins and move them. If you are not comfortable with dumpprivkey  - go through steps 1 - 6 and ask for help if needed

1. Change name of wallet.dat and/or Backup wallet.dat (in AppData-Roaming-FlyCoin)
3. It is a good idea to keep a copy of the old wallet in case you need it - you could remane it flycoin-qt.exe.old
    Put new wallet in location of present Flycoin wallet-qt and Start new Wallet & re-synch
    If your wallet gets stuck on re-synch - just close and re-open (mine got stuck around 21,000 blocks)
5. Go back to the Roaming Folder-FlyCoin and delete the newly created empty wallet.dat

Edit: 7. We have had a couple reports of not being able to reopen the wallet after
          re-naming wallet.dat.flycoin to wallet.dat - this happened to me in a previous Flycoin version and also in another coin.
          The fix is go back to the previous working version - export priv key - reinstall new wallet with empty wallet.dat
          and import priv key. You will then need to do a new name claim because the old wallet address will be empty

If you need a previous version see a previous presstab post with the link or ask here on thread.
         I will be on a plane to Florida Thursday and checking in here after 5 pm Eastern time US

Thanks Woody20285 for the PM notice of the fix, I was totally forking...

and congrats to the FlyTeam for the quick reaction on the issue!

Keep with the great job!
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 08:14:07 AM

well done vegas and whole team fly and the emergency dev keesdewit!

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
bittamak

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:02:39 AM

While importing my private key I am getting this error...Error adding key to wallet (code -4)...how to fix it? Huh
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2015, 09:20:46 AM

While importing my private key I am getting this error...Error adding key to wallet (code -4)...how to fix it? Huh
[/quote

U have to keep ur wallet unlock...not only unlock for staking...unlock the whole wallet.

U can do this over debug...
type: walletpassphrase [yourpassword] 999. 999 sstands for the seconds u let ur wallet open... then try importprivkey

bittamak

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 09:56:15 AM

Thanks for all the help guys ...now i am able to get my new wallet in working mode and everything looks fine...

Now i have a question...since i have 2 addresses, one, the new wallet and the other, the imported one...how should i manage my wallet now?

1. Will i continue to get superfly rewards to the new wallet?
2. How to manage only my old (imported) address with-in the new wallet so as to avoid any conflicts?

Once again, its a good learning experience for me with wallet and great help from FLY community...Smiley
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:00:22 AM

Thanks for all the help guys ...now i am able to get my new wallet in working mode and everything looks fine...

Now i have a question...since i have 2 addresses, one, the new wallet and the other, the imported one...how should i manage my wallet now?

2. How to manage only my old (imported) address with-in the new wallet so as to avoid any conflicts?

Once again, its a good learning experience for me with wallet and great help from FLY community...Smiley

>>1. Will i continue to get superfly rewards to the new wallet?
Yes.

If you want to be part of the super fly rewards then you will need two address within your wallet. The address with your coins you should rename to 'Main Wallet' and the other address you should rename to 'POS Savings'. That way you can keep track of the two addresses. Then when you setup 'savings' you receive your stakes into your 'POS Savings' address and you can spend coins from that address. Use coin control to pick which address that you are sending coins from.
Woody20285
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:10:37 AM

Your coins are in the one imported - note if you had coins in
2 addresses you need to dump each and import each - the address that
was created by starting the new wallet should have "0" coins
check this by going to coin control and click tree mode shows addresses with coins
 - if no coins in that address -
you can delete the address in the receive coin area highlight the address
you want to delete and click delete (don't delete the one with the coins)Smiley

Only 80 more people to PM

Woody20285
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:12:54 AM

Important new wallet Critical update
Link and info Post # 1503
Problem fix Post # 1515
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:51:33 AM

TimC suggested that if you do a dumpprivkey in console (carefully copy  and paste it into a text file), you could avoid the hastle of step #7 if you run into problems. Note: once you export the private key, anyone with access to it could take your coins - best to save it in a text file on a flash drive. The private key is litterally the key to your coins. Anyone with it could import your coins and move them. If you are not comfortable with dumpprivkey  - go through steps 1 - 6 and ask for help if needed

I will be on a plane to Florida Thursday and checking in here after 5 pn Easten time US

After step 6, opening my wallet crashes and here is the info from debug.log

Done loading
AddLocal([2001:0:5ef5:79fb:814:3838:8a3c:4d92]:41568,1)
ThreadDNSAddressSeed started
Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)
ThreadMapPort started
ThreadIRCSeed exited
ThreadOpenAddedConnections started
ThreadSocketHandler started
ThreadOpenConnections started
ThreadMessageHandler started
1 addresses found from DNS seeds
ThreadDNSAddressSeed exited
ThreadStakeMiner started
Flushed 119 addresses to peers.dat  40ms
trying connection 198.50.243.84:41568 lastseen=0.1hrs
connected 198.50.243.84:41568
send version message: version 60040, blocks=31193, us=[2001:0:5ef5:79fb:814:3838:8a3c:4d92]:41568, them=198.50.243.84:41568, peer=198.50.243.84:41568
refreshWallet
socket recv error 10053
disconnecting node 198.50.243.84:41568
trying connection 72.91.170.103:41568 lastseen=0.2hrs

Hello - I am having the same crash issue.  I will be following the same steps to dump the privatekey as wood outline a few posts above.  I will edit the post with my results.

Woody20285
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:09:25 AM

Also if continuing problem PM wallet Dev - keesdewit and send him debug.log
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: