Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs invests heavily in high speed production equipment  (Read 32279 times)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 02:54:18 PM

Here is a recently completed auction of the Essemtec reflow oven pictured.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESSEMTEC-RO300FC-REFLOW-OVEN-/320989507198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abc772e7e

Is there any way BFL could prove they won the auction?
This is crazy... These things are supposed to ship in few weeks and their just bidding on equipment?
They said the first batch was too large for them to produce, even with this hardware. The initial batch will be manufactured at the same plant as as the current Singles, and shipped in a large batch. This hardware is for after they're all caught up, so they can make a unit and ship it within days of ordering.
Is that something similar to what happened with the FPGA's?
I don't think BFL ever even attempted to manufacture the current Singles.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2012, 03:11:05 PM

I will see how things pan out.. I am not preordering anything... If that means I am SOL well so be it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 08:48:05 PM

If you haven't PRE-ORDERED any ASIC's from anyone,you pretty much missed the boarding party.

Not to say that you missed the boat though  Grin

But thats your choice  Wink

Hard to believe that someone with over 2000 posts here is that scared though....................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 12:16:29 AM

BFL_Office - 10-05-2012, 02:11 PM  Reply
Because they're in transit. The announcement was made after our purchase. Once the machines are fully installed, we'll be happy to flood you with photos and assembly videos

let's see

Let's see indeed.  If they were purchased on Wednesday the 3rd, they ought to be arriving around Monday the 8th if they ship from within the US.  I can't imagine BFL waiting for slow international shipping.  They are on a schedule after all.

I'll wager 5 BTC that no such photos show up any time next week (thru the 13th) that are not obvious fakes or highly questionable.  Certainly none that provide a solid assurance that BFL is in fact in possession of and operating or setting up these machines for operation.

(Post in the thread if you wanna take the other side of this wager.)

I accept your bet. Someone quote please.

To be clear, I am betting 5 BTC that BFL posts pictures of their new equipment before 10/13/2012.

Today is 10/13/2012. BFL has not posted any new equipment photos. Was explained that the first picture is not fake, but what about photo 2 and 3? 
Bogart, just won 5BTC.
@CoinHoarder - I hope  you are an honorable man Smiley

Looks that way.

My signature address will be fine.

Better luck next time. Smiley

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:46:04 AM

Trust in business can cost you a lot of money, fortunately in this case only 5BTC.
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 01:43:29 PM

Because they're in transit. The announcement was made after our purchase. Once the machines are fully installed, we'll be happy to flood you with photos and assembly videos

let's see

Let's see indeed.  If they were purchased on Wednesday the 3rd, they ought to be arriving around Monday the 8th if they ship from within the US.  I can't imagine BFL waiting for slow international shipping.  They are on a schedule after all.

I'll wager 5 BTC that no such photos show up any time next week (thru the 13th) that are not obvious fakes or highly questionable.  Certainly none that provide a solid assurance that BFL is in fact in possession of and operating or setting up these machines for operation.

To be clear, I am betting 5 BTC that BFL posts pictures of their new equipment before 10/13/2012.

Today is 10/13/2012. BFL has not posted any new equipment photos. Was explained that the first picture is not fake, but what about photo 2 and 3? 
Bogart, just won 5BTC.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/entry.php/14-Taking-delivery-of-the-oven

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
bitmar

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 02:09:58 PM

let's see

Bogart, just won 5BTC.

LOL  Grin
 no one has found this picture yesterday? The first comments are from 14/10/2012. Pity that they would not have published this photo on a forum yesterday... but it seems that the winning is reversed
Kaliecious

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 03:03:39 PM

look at the time it was posted, I think it was done to fuck with him. lol

scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 03:11:57 PM

Bogart, just won 5BTC.
@CoinHoarder - I hope  you are an honorable man Smiley

LOL  Grin
 no one has found this picture yesterday? The first comments are from 14/10/2012. Pity that they would not have published this photo on a forum yesterday... but it seems that the winning is reversed

I concur, nobody said Josh could not screw with us, it would seem that the bet did fall the other way.

Hey Inna, did you do that on purpose or just look down at the time and go "oh crap!?"

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
bitmar

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 03:13:19 PM

I think so too, but I'm afraid followers of BFL sect Smiley so I'm quietly Wink I suggest to cancel a bet, because date of the photo is in BFL moderators hands.
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 03:15:52 PM

I think so too, but I'm afraid followers of BFL sect Smiley so I'm quietly Wink I suggest to cancel a bet, because date of the photo is in BFL moderators hands.

Seriously? you think they would screw with the time stamps on forum posts over a 5BTC bet?

Tinfoil hat much?

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
bitmar

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 03:49:07 PM

Seriously? you think they would screw with the time stamps on forum posts over a 5BTC bet?

Tinfoil hat much?

This is not about 5BTC, it's about honor their client and honor their own... and for good PR
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 05:13:12 PM

let's see

If Bogart wants to be semantic, he could argue that the picture of what appears to be the oven in the back of a truck doesn't meet the criteria of his bet. BFL announced that once the machines were fully installed they would provide photos and assembly videos. Bogart bet that BFL wouldn't provide photos that
1) BFL was in possession of the machines, and
2) Operating or setting up the machines for operation.

I'd  say 1) is satisfied, but 2) is questionable.

I wouldn't say Bogart won the bet, but I would say there's enough there that he could not pay without earning himself a scammer tag.
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 05:54:25 PM

let's see

If Bogart wants to be semantic, he could argue that the picture of what appears to be the oven in the back of a truck doesn't meet the criteria of his bet. BFL announced that once the machines were fully installed they would provide photos and assembly videos. Bogart bet that BFL wouldn't provide photos that
1) BFL was in possession of the machines, and
2) Operating or setting up the machines for operation.

I'd  say 1) is satisfied, but 2) is questionable.

I wouldn't say Bogart won the bet, but I would say there's enough there that he could not pay without earning himself a scammer tag.

Hm...  Also if you want to argue semantics, CoinHoarder said:

Going by the post date on the blog, they were posted near the end of 10/13, not before 10/13.

What do you think CoinHoarder?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:30:59 PM

let's see

Is "thru the 13th" not including the 13th itself? Sorry if it is not, english is not my mother tongue.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Kaliecious

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:57:36 PM

saturday was the 13th the last day of the week he said through the 13 so therfore 13th would be included

squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:03:58 PM

It's the 14th... were any new pictures posted?
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:36:17 PM

One machine delivered.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:39:43 PM

I suppose it is unclear.  My bet statement includes the 13th, though CoinHoarder's does not.

Call it invalid?

Or we could make it fun and make a poll thread to decide.

bitmar

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 09:12:18 PM

I suppose it is unclear.  My bet statement includes the 13th, though CoinHoarder's does not.

Call it invalid?

Or we could make it fun and make a poll thread to decide.

Do not do it. there are too much fanatical BFL's followers Wink
before is before, before <13 not = <
It would be fair to cancel the bet because of unclear proof, and not sufficiently precise wording bet. But both sides must agree.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: