Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:13:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright , Time to Dump or Time to Buy ?  (Read 5616 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:45:46 AM

My idea is right now you should start buying but do buying in parts like if u want to buy 10 btc then u buy today 1 btc after 2 or 3 days buy 1 more like this if you give gap you will get the fluctuation benefit and your average will be correct, so when it raises you can sell and earn profit.

that's a pretty solid idea for people looking out for a solution for their volatility troubles especially when they are considering to buy bitcoins. Although I am very supportive of bitcoin, I had an interesting 'nightmare' today which questioned my opinions. I noticed how similar bitcoin is, to the shares and I wonder what if bitcoin websites are shut down and people vanish, who will the cops go to? Satoshi vanished singing 'IDFWU'.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 05:07:53 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 05:58:34 AM by deisik

So because you are a trader you probably know not to risk more than 3% of the balance on 1 trade, so in that case what does it matter if you buy and hold 97% of it, or trade 3% (ON THE PRICE SWINGS), its the same thing Cheesy

Much lower than that. I didn't quite understand what you meant by the same thing. I don't trade manually, so my overall volume of trades (both in number and sum) is pretty high...

Daily volume being a little over the balance on average, i.e. more than 100%, not 3% (in case you meant this)

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:24:47 AM

I guess , its time to Buy as the worst case scenario could be 200 , and i think The most It will hit 210+ and again it will Bump Up!
so its time to get some.

Same logic as stocks right but Bitcoin does not appear to be anything as "rational" as stocks.
As a newbie in this field, I would try to buy some at 200 to speculate but the floor is infinite.

I think if you are really interested to invest now, you should perceive the situation by investing slowly at equal intervals of time. For example, if you are looking out for an investment of 1000$, invest on 1 bitcoin a day and another bitcoin another day. This day you will maintain your average and wouldn't lose out big if price goes up or down rapidly, so you're averaging and that's a nice strategy for me when I enter something new Smiley
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:38:42 AM

I guess , its time to Buy as the worst case scenario could be 200 , and i think The most It will hit 210+ and again it will Bump Up!
so its time to get some.

Same logic as stocks right but Bitcoin does not appear to be anything as "rational" as stocks.
As a newbie in this field, I would try to buy some at 200 to speculate but the floor is infinite.

I think if you are really interested to invest now, you should perceive the situation by investing slowly at equal intervals of time. For example, if you are looking out for an investment of 1000$, invest on 1 bitcoin a day and another bitcoin another day. This day you will maintain your average and wouldn't lose out big if price goes up or down rapidly, so you're averaging and that's a nice strategy for me when I enter something new Smiley

Don't you think playing safe can risk your profits? Keeping in mind the current market state, you're either in or out, there's no in between. It's a gamble, just like stocks, so you can't really 'average' if you want to make good money. Study the speculations and make your choice, bulk investment seems like a good idea right now.
HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:56:15 AM

so its time to get some.

Don't you think playing safe can risk your profits? Keeping in mind the current market state, you're either in or out, there's no in between. It's a gamble, just like stocks, so you can't really 'average' if you want to make good money. Study the speculations and make your choice, bulk investment seems like a good idea right now.

Playing safe when investing has never really put me at a loss, I can actually really average. The reason behind my idea of per-day investment is simply that if the price of bitcoin is assumed to be 200$ today, it will fluctuate constantly at such a phase and cause prices to differ from 200$-50$ atleast. Wouldn't mind averaging that price, I am in it for long term and don't matter if I average it now, my investments will be much stronger once the market reaches its desired maturity
zero01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:50:10 AM

bitcoin prices are currently down, I think it is time to buy bitcoin
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:39:32 AM

So because you are a trader you probably know not to risk more than 3% of the balance on 1 trade, so in that case what does it matter if you buy and hold 97% of it, or trade 3% (ON THE PRICE SWINGS), its the same thing Cheesy

Much lower than that. I didn't quite understand what you meant by the same thing. I don't trade manually, so my overall volume of trades (both in number and sum) is pretty high...

Daily volume being a little over the balance on average, i.e. more than 100%, not 3% (in case you meant this)

What I meant is that if you have a margin of  let's say 0.5% then 99.5% of you account is sitting idle, thus you can either move like 80% of it in cold storage and hold it there, to account for drawdown , and not worry about exchanges stealing your money.

Or just buy & hold because atleast that way 100% of the account is used, while otherwise you only use 0.5%.

In a weird way actually you do buy & hold because while you trade 0.5% BTC/USD, and if 99.5% of your account is in BTC, then if BTC/USD price is in uptrend then you really make money with just buying and holding 99.5% of your account, and doing whatever with the 0.5% allocated to trading.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 08:45:02 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 08:56:22 AM by deisik

What I meant is that if you have a margin of  let's say 0.5% then 99.5% of you account is sitting idle, thus you can either move like 80% of it in cold storage and hold it there, to account for drawdown , and not worry about exchanges stealing your money.

Then I got you right, but you are wrong (as I said), lol. I just checked actual figures, and it appears that my turnover rate is in fact much higher than I previously thought. If I have, for example, 1 BTC in my balance (estimated total of, say, 0.5 BTC and $110), my daily volume of trades would be around 10 BTC (the total amount of all buys and sells)...

This means that the "idleness" of my account is effectively negative (on a day-by-day basis)

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:54:19 AM

Then I got you right, but you are wrong (as I said), lol. I just checked actual figures, and it appears that my turnover rate is in fact much higher than I previously thought. If I have, for example, 1 BTC in my balance, my daily volume of trades would be around 10 BTC (the total amount of all buys and sells)...

This means that the "idleness" of my account is effectively negative (on a day-by-day basis)

Then you must be a short term trader, scalper, or arbitrager.

I thought you traded bigger swings or atleast you implied that by saying that you go for the volatility. You wont see much volatility in 5-10 min charts, so you are confusing me about that.

Anyway I assume you use leveraged trading so that also adds to you extra liquidity.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 09:01:23 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 09:26:14 AM by deisik

I thought you traded bigger swings or atleast you implied that by saying that you go for the volatility. You wont see much volatility in 5-10 min charts, so you are confusing me about that.

This greatly depends on the exchange, and, in the first place, your margin. If you're scalping at 0.4%, then 1% volatility will be too huge (to lose a trading opportunity). I don't see contradiction in my words...

In any case, the time frame doesn't change anything substantially (since you can judge only on a day-by-day basis)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: