Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:15:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright , Time to Dump or Time to Buy ?  (Read 5613 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:28:09 PM

Time to buy I guess. It will hold itself on to $200 and will recover gradually. The main reason I see why the price is going down is because of XT vs Core drama happening right now. Traders love to use those to maximize their profits, you know. Wink

yes, the cryptocurrency market is very sensitive and because of its volatility of the currency, it is often an issue and scares new investors. I don't know how long the xt vs core issue will go on, but the longer it does, more damage to the image and authenticity of bitcoin as people will question and confuse each other, worst case scenario if xt becomes a new coin, then I don't think btc will live long

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:35:16 PM

Time to buy I guess. It will hold itself on to $200 and will recover gradually. The main reason I see why the price is going down is because of XT vs Core drama happening right now. Traders love to use those to maximize their profits, you know. Wink

yes, the cryptocurrency market is very sensitive and because of its volatility of the currency, it is often an issue and scares new investors. I don't know how long the xt vs core issue will go on, but the longer it does, more damage to the image and authenticity of bitcoin as people will question and confuse each other, worst case scenario if xt becomes a new coin, then I don't think btc will live long

The war between thes days will never finish , Gavin and Mike won't stop unless they make every bitcoiner switch to that waallet or at least the majority of them .
As you can see , Nodes number is increasing and increasing daily (right now 900) , blocks are getting mined too ...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 04:37:54 PM

The war between thes days will never finish , Gavin and Mike won't stop unless they make every bitcoiner switch to that waallet or at least the majority of them .
As you can see , Nodes number is increasing and increasing daily (right now 900) , blocks are getting mined too ...

All three of them? Still getting mined and mined???

devil11

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:30:54 PM

Maybe in future, it will be the better currency, hoping for best ! Smiley
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:39:39 PM

Alright guys ,
the situation right now is not the best situation we ever had to be honest , I bet that this is because of the BitcoinXt and investors are afraid on their money and why not they have all the right for that right ?. What do you guys think people should do right now dump and just save their selfs since they can ? or simply buy right now because it's not going anywhere lower then this .

Actually I keep holding for it rather sold it although bitcoin's value getting down. If I'm doing that, I'm getting more loss...
Since bitcoin ever reach $ 250, I won't buy it for now until it lower than $ 250
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 06:41:47 PM

Alright guys ,
the situation right now is not the best situation we ever had to be honest , I bet that this is because of the BitcoinXt and investors are afraid on their money and why not they have all the right for that right ?. What do you guys think people should do right now dump and just save their selfs since they can ? or simply buy right now because it's not going anywhere lower then this .

Actually I keep holding for it rather sold it although bitcoin's value getting down. If I'm doing that, I'm getting more loss...
Since bitcoin ever reach $ 250, I won't buy it for now until it lower than $ 250

Bitcoin is 197 € right now, maybe I should buy some, it looks interesting how cheap it got because some moron devs bickering with eachother.

Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:10:24 PM

The problem IMO is that there is too much supply of BTC with mining.
Bitcoin will only gain value when this supply is lower.
It has an annual inflation of ~15% at this moment.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:30:17 PM

Don't mislead people, 365 day inflation rate is exactly :   10,2247%

While the Y-O-Y inflation from january is about ~9%

It's nowhere near 15%.

Then again if we count in the uncertainty caused by BIP 101 and this bickering between devs , the price goes down obviously.

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:29:15 PM

if you invested in Bitcoin is because you invested for the LONG TERM(or should) Additionally, do you even know all the benefits that Bitcoin brings to the table? If you understand these benefits, then you will truly feel more comfortable with your investment.
mr.coinstrader

Activity: 278

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:45:35 PM

if it indeed goes down to $200 on several exchanges, then i will definitely buying up as much bitcoins as i can. but it won't happen.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:39:01 AM

if it indeed goes down to $200 on several exchanges, then i will definitely buying up as much bitcoins as i can. but it won't happen.

It already did, look the price it was 197-200 € all afternoon. Now its about 203€ still weak but it will go higher from this.

I guess the reaction now is priced in. And look its the XT version with only 11% support, imagine if it would be widespread, the price would hit 50$

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 06:00:38 AM

It's nowhere near 15%.

I guess the effective inflation (the increase of coins in actual circulation) is higher than that. You don't take into account the number of coins irrevocably lost by now as well as coins never leaving the wallets they sit in...

RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:42:20 AM

It's nowhere near 15%.

I guess the effective inflation (the increase of coins in actual circulation) is higher than that. You don't take into account the number of coins irrevocably lost by now as well as coins never leaving the wallets they sit in...

Yes by inflation I mean the monetary inflation, because in a free market monetary inflation = price inflation (except when other turbulence disturbs the price). In the fiat world its not the same as giant printed money asset bubbles contain the inflation.

So by monetary inflation I mean the amount that gets minted in a 365 day period , or subsequently Y-O-Y basis. I like the 365 day period (moving average) because its a more dynamic measure than the YoY method.

Of course I dont take into account the number of coins lost because it has nothing to do with it, I only measure what gets minted. What gets lost is hard to prove, and its probably not that much to be relevant.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 07:34:56 AM

It's nowhere near 15%.

Yes by inflation I mean the monetary inflation, because in a free market monetary inflation = price inflation (except when other turbulence disturbs the price). In the fiat world its not the same as giant printed money asset bubbles contain the inflation.

So by monetary inflation I mean the amount that gets minted in a 365 day period , or subsequently Y-O-Y basis. I like the 365 day period (moving average) because its a more dynamic measure than the YoY method.

Of course I dont take into account the number of coins lost because it has nothing to do with it, I only measure what gets minted. What gets lost is hard to prove, and its probably not that much to be relevant.

But then you simply can't correctly measure the influence your monetary inflation has on Bitcoin value (its market price), if it has nothing to do with coins burned or stashed...

In short, a pure increase of 10,2247(4782923whatever)% in the amount of coins mined up to date says nothing per se

RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 10:43:38 AM

In short, a pure increase of 10,2247(4782923whatever)% in the amount of coins mined up to date says nothing per se

It's not up to date, it's a 10.2247% inflation in the past 365 days, as in the monetary base of bitcoin has grown 10.2247% in the last 365 days.

But then you simply can't correctly measure the influence your monetary inflation has on Bitcoin value (its market price), if it has nothing to do with coins burned or stashed...

It implies that it's value / coin has decreased by that amount too, technically speaking, it depends on how effectively the market prices in inflation
(there is no central bank induced asset bubble here, so the trickledown of monetary inflation in price should be instantaneous here)

Thus monetary inflation = price inflation , in a free market.

So the price is decreasing by 10.2247% by default yearly, however due to other market forces, adoption, investments, etc. It might be less, or the price could increase massively too!

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:51:39 PM

So the price is decreasing by 10.2247% by default yearly, however due to other market forces, adoption, investments, etc. It might be less, or the price could increase massively too![/b]

As I said, this number is ultimately useless, even technically speaking (purely inflation-wise), since you don't ever know how much of newly mined coins will actually enter the circulation and how much is irrevocably lost within that time (365 days or whatever) or altogether...

The notion of inflation (expansion of money volume) is meaningless beyond circulation

pinball8

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:42:46 PM

i think this time to buy much more,
cause the value of bitcoin have down.
so, its time to buy.
Kingno.1

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:43:25 PM

If someone gives me two options, then I'll pick the option to buy more bitcoins.
And after this XT drama will be over around January 2016,the prices will go up and also I'll have accumulated much coins till then android with low prices, so then I'll get much more profit.
crypto_curious

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:44:42 PM

Alright guys ,

I am buying. Every payday, since last year. I believe in Bitcoin.
RealBitcoin

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:48:22 PM

So the price is decreasing by 10.2247% by default yearly, however due to other market forces, adoption, investments, etc. It might be less, or the price could increase massively too![/b]

As I said, this number is ultimately useless, even technically speaking (purely inflation-wise), since you don't ever know how much of newly mined coins will actually enter the circulation and how much is irrevocably lost within that time (365 days or whatever) or altogether...

The notion of inflation (expansion of money volume) is meaningless beyond circulation

Well we dont have a CPI to measure prices, the only price we have is the Bitcoin price.

Which is hard to measure on since it has been fully packed with events over the last 5 years, and it wasnt just the static noise traders do but big events distorting the price.

I guess I could do a correlation test between bitcoin mining & bitcoin price, but it would not be accurate on such few sample data.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: