Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2019, 02:13:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN launches 4th generation Bitcoin mining ASIC: BM1385  (Read 38900 times)
bigblind

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:23:22 AM

but there is no information about releases yet?
Bitcoin Poker 3.0
The Largest Bitcoin Poker Site
Bad Beat Jackpot Available
No Limit Texas Hold'em Cash Games And Tournaments
PLAY NOW
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:29:48 AM

None yet only there working on it Smiley .!!! but if I had to guess it's done there putting it thu the final testing, then once we see the hash rate and diff start going up a lot for no reason that might be why  Smiley . hash rate more then any thing at first real time testing is still the best way .. then sells will start soon after .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bigblind

Activity: 368

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:36:23 AM

None yet only there working on it Smiley .!!! but if I had to guess it's done there putting it thu the final testing, then once we see the hash rate and diff start going up a lot for no reason that might be why  Smiley . hash rate more then any thing at first real time testing is still the best way .. then sells will start soon after .

So then I bet they will wait with realeasing the machines until October/November. They will want to mine with them for themselves at first I guess.
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:45:08 AM

So then I bet they will wait with realeasing the machines until October/November. They will want to mine with them for themselves at first I guess.

I wouldn't say that either other then they have to test each and everyone before it shipped or some kind of batch test so there is no large amount of returns they will lose money with out good testing. all the S5 i ever bought from them direct were new or seemed new to me . i didn't get a chance to buy one of the used ones, i wanted to but real life living stopped me. but I'm saving for one or two S7 now at what i hope they cost like 340 to 400 each i may sell off a s3 or two real cheap i mean cheap like at S1 prices . Smiley .

wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1164

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:08:50 PM

I wouldn't say we will see an obivous spike in hashrate as I think they are still replacing previous generation hardware.  See for instance the S2, and UMISOO(S2) going offline because it is no longer profitable on Hashnest.

I'm just taking an educated guess, but I still think we see the S7 released in September.  Also to guess the price check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159185.0

elrippo
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:38:35 PM

I wouldn't say we will see an obivous spike in hashrate as I think they are still replacing previous generation hardware.  See for instance the S2, and UMISOO(S2) going offline because it is no longer profitable on Hashnest.

I'm just taking an educated guess, but I still think we see the S7 released in September.  Also to guess the price check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159185.0

The Statement from resellers seems to cooperate with your opinion S7 release in September  Grin

For Advertisement. PM me to discuss.
kae1078

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Kupla Kudos Coming Ur Way!

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:03:30 PM

The Statement from resellers seems to cooperate with your opinion S7 release in September  Grin

Let hope prices are competitive
wlefever
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:52:55 PM

I wouldn't say we will see an obivous spike in hashrate as I think they are still replacing previous generation hardware.  See for instance the S2, and UMISOO(S2) going offline because it is no longer profitable on Hashnest.

I'm just taking an educated guess, but I still think we see the S7 released in September.  Also to guess the price check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159185.0

The Statement from resellers seems to cooperate with your opinion S7 release in September  Grin

Do they ever mention what the hashrate will be? Or, just the power consumption per Th/s as 230 watts?  

I may be stretching, but a 2.4+ Th/s machine for <$700 SHIPPED would be amazing.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:49:21 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 05:00:47 PM by toptek

I wouldn't say we will see an obivous spike in hashrate as I think they are still replacing previous generation hardware.  See for instance the S2, and UMISOO(S2) going offline because it is no longer profitable on Hashnest.

I'm just taking an educated guess, but I still think we see the S7 released in September.  Also to guess the price check out this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159185.0

The Statement from resellers seems to cooperate with your opinion S7 release in September  Grin

Do they ever mention what the hashrate will be? Or, just the power consumption per Th/s as 230 watts?  

I may be stretching, but a 2.4+ Th/s machine for <$700 SHIPPED would be amazing.

very first page says how much per TH Smiley .. of his thread.

That release date  reminds me of a MS release or game release . lol

At the wall power consumption AntMiner S7  230W/TH  

were all guessing on the a mount of speed it ships with .  why not  340 to 400, S3 and S5 were amazing to and priced right .

If anyone noticed they left out the S2 and S4 and S5 + on the  front page which make is even more positive for everyone . but I'm hopping

wlefever
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:14:41 PM

were all guessing on the a mount of speed it ships with .  why not  340 to 400, S3 and S5 were amazing to and priced right .

If anyone noticed they left out the S2 and S4 and S5 + on the  front page which make is even more positive for everyone . but I'm hopping
I know it shows how much per Th/s, but not how many Th/s  Wink.  My hope is that it is over a 2 Th/s machine with those efficiencies.

They leave out the S2 bc it uses the same chip as the S1 (BM1380), S4 uses the same as the S3+ (BM1382), and S5+ uses the same as the S5 (BM1384).

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1583

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:37:25 PM

If anyone noticed they left out the S2 and S4 and S5 + on the  front page which make is even more positive for everyone . but I'm hopping
I know it shows how much per Th/s, but not how many Th/s  Wink.  My hope is that it is over a 2 Th/s machine with those efficiencies.

They leave out the S2 bc it uses the same chip as the S1 (BM1380), S4 uses the same as the S3+ (BM1382), and S5+ uses the same as the S5 (BM1384).

Can we assume this miner will generate half the amount of heat as an S5 if were to have the same number of EDIT chips Th/s?
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:48:13 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 07:59:11 PM by toptek

I know it shows how much per Th/s, but not how many Th/s  Wink.  My hope is that it is over a 2 Th/s machine with those efficiencies.

i well  aware of that and that's why  but not the same power usage is my point it does  say s3 +  aren't  they really the same  s3 and s3 +  . at least i replaced a s3 + board with a reg s3 board i bought off ebay that works just  like a S3 + but that's not the point im trying to make I'm trying to be very positive  and not prove any one wrong or right . i did miss word  my comment my bad and sorry .

mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:49:49 PM

Can we assume this miner will generate half the amount of heat as an S5 if were to have the same number of EDIT chips Th/s?

a bit over half, but it wont be at the same hash speed 1000% Wink
wlefever
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:59:08 PM

i well  aware of that and that's why  but not the same power usage is my point it does  say s3 +  aren't  they really the same  s3 and s3 +  . at least i replaced a s3 + board with a reg s3 board i bought off ebay that works just  like a S3 + but that's not the point im trying to make I'm trying to be very positive  and not prove any one wrong or right .
Sorry, I had a hard time understand what you were trying to get across.  I'm with you on the being positive!

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:46:04 PM

They are either building/upgrading their own mine or they have the results from a small batch of test chips which means that it will take 2-3 more months for the real miners.

H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622998.0
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1063

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:49:15 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 10:26:31 PM by VirosaGITS

They are either building/upgrading their own mine or they have the results from a small batch of test chips which means that it will take 2-3 more months for the real miners.

Assuming they released their chip data as soon as they got it, which i highly doubt. They have no incentives to release something new at the moment. The chip data just seemed timed to hit the lesser ASIC maker with "We'll kill you again if you try anything."

Really.
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1690

I 💚 Bitcoin

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:10:36 PM

Test chips is what I assumed.  While I'm sure their test batch of chips is going strong already in their own mine, I don't think we'll see an S7 miner ship before October 1st.  

Have you seen my prize winning cow? She’s out standing in her field.
flikflak

Activity: 381

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:55:15 PM

^^ you guys really think so? Even if they got 200-1000 sample chips, that would make 32.5 TH. So what? Antpool is still @70 PH/s. And afaik other big pools haven't increased their hashrate significantly (well maybe a few smaller ones did).
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1063

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:07:16 PM

^^ you guys really think so? Even if they got 200-1000 sample chips, that would make 32.5 TH. So what? Antpool is still @70 PH/s. And afaik other big pools haven't increased their hashrate significantly (well maybe a few smaller ones did).

I wouldn't put aside the probability of Bitmain owning private mines. Keeping them off "the grid" is probably the best way to keep good control over Bitcoin from the miner side. Those mines would give them a lot of leeway on their actions.
OgNasty
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1690

I 💚 Bitcoin

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:20:44 PM

I didn't say I thought they had a huge amount of hashrate with the new chips already.

If I were to make a guess, it would be that they got working sample chips, tested them, and then converted a massive amount of BTC for a huge order of BM1385 chips.  Hence why we saw an enormous rate drop around the time of the press release.  If that were the case, I would find it hard to believe that they could have miners shipping out prior to October.  They even could have generated a nice discount for themselves by shorting the market just prior to cashing out for the new chips.

Granted this is all just speculation from my imagination, but it appears to be the most reasonable scenario in my mind and makes much more sense than XT (which was DOA in my opinion) being the cause for the recent "flash crash."

Have you seen my prize winning cow? She’s out standing in her field.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.