May 28, 2024, 05:06:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you like this thread
Meh
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin  (Read 303272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 02:26:49 AM

Interesting theory about market manipulation during ETF action.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1823623

A story of one of the losers  Grin

I also loose with open order at 875$... Time to go back in the game it was already >1100$.

My bad to have follow this thread.
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:46:11 AM

I also loose with open order at 875$... Time to go back in the game it was already >1100$.

Following the thread is a good idea as it is TA information freely given. Taking responsibility for your own actions is an even better idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 03:58:35 AM

This thread is a medium term - long term TA mostly

A bit for short term, sometimes

Not sure what your trading strategy is, but i promise if you leave that order open at $875 it will get filled soon

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:16:59 AM

^^^^ Agreed, scaling will probably kick BTC back down to Afrikoins $900.

So far, Afrikoin was 100% accurate, the thing I don't understand is, hows possible to scale down to $900 and then head back to 3K within few months?

Afrikoin,

few minutes ago, the well respected Vinny Lingham, said on his Twitter account that he short off his BTC position due to Hard-Fock coming. He even noted that things will end so badly for BTC that the -ceiling of it's price will be 800$ the maximum. Do you think the same? Should we short now before we hit below $800? He also re-think of his previous tweets and said that we might have to give a bye-bye kiss to the 3K prediction by end of 2017.

lol!

i said this a long time ago. been saying this for a while. Hard fork is a HUGE risk, just like with Ethereum. The risk of it will depress price too. So any increase in BU hard fork drama is bearish.

And i remember i said it to you

and posted it here

Vinnie and his ilk have been underestimating the possibility of a hard fork. He put down as a remote possibility. Very remote, unlikely.

If what you say is true (i will check his tweets), this is his way of backing out of his initial call of a minimum $800.

If the hard fork happens, or this drama escalates and we have to compromise on a hard fork + segwit or something else,

$512 is an easy target to hit from $700- $800

even down to $300. where there is a sweet ascending trendline

This is why i added the poll above using $300, because there is a rising trendline crossing this point

This below was a great, prescient article from November 2016

How will Segwit affect the price of bitcoin

https://medium.com/@michaelkimani/how-will-segwit-affect-the-price-of-bitcoin-b58d7c29cd9a

Guys, just read my posts please

I never type out anything here that i have not thought about

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:21:40 AM

To all those who are sure an intermediate drop or even a reversal is not possible: please explain how scaling will be resolved smoothly? Seems to me the best-case scenarios for this chronic problem are thin on the ground.

The TA in this thread seems to go quite nicely with the rate at which the percentage of Bitcoin Unlimited blocks are increasing.

When will the scaling happen? Do we have a firm time frame?

No, not really.

The problem is multi-faceted.

1. Scaling must happen soon to allow more transactions than the current 3 or 4 per second. The "mempool" (backlog of transactions to process on the blockchain) is frequently ballooning in size, causing increasing delays (anything up to a couple of days has been reported) and increasing transaction fees, at rates no-one thinks is safe.

2. Until recently it was more or less taken for granted among many that the Bitcoin Core team proposal to solve scaling, known as "Segwit", would be adopted willingly by miners and therefore activate. A threshold of 95% of mining power has to adopt Segwit for it to activate. This threshold now appears to have been hopelessly ambitious; Segwit adoption among miners has plateaued at around 25% for several months now.

3. There is another proposal on the table - "Bitcoin Unlimited". Taking a very different approach - some say the original intention of Satoshi - to the problem (not going to try to brief on the technicalities here), Bitcoin Unlimited appears to fast be gaining traction. As of recently Unlimited adoption has overtaken Segwit at speed. Check here: https://coin.dance/blocks

4. If Bitcoin Unlimited really gains enough traction for miners to be confident enough to begin using the scaling features it provides, there is a distinct possibility that this may split the Bitcoin chain, something that has been unthinkable until now. At any rate, there are a lot of claims that the software and the effects of its scaling features on the network have not been tested enough.

Thank you!

Please feel free to come back and share your opinion on the hard fork

I am glad to see someone else with a level head on the matter. You know, a lot of bitcoiners are permabulls and do not like the reality of any bearish news or bearish TA. Always in denial

Have you been following this thread for a while?

I ask because my TA has always made room for a possible surprise leg down and the hard fork (or possible HF) was my main reason for absurdly suppressed prices. You know, like $300 on the poll above

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:27:10 AM

^^^^ Agreed, scaling will probably kick BTC back down to Afrikoins $900.

So far, Afrikoin was 100% accurate, the thing I don't understand is, hows possible to scale down to $900 and then head back to 3K within few months?

If Segwit + HF camps collide,

Kiss $900 goodbye

Kiss $800 goodbye

Kiss $700 goodbye

Hellooooo nurse! ($512)

Really though.

If $1163 top on December 2013 to $162 bottom was A

and $162 bottom to March 2017 $1350 high is B

Than a C sharp impulsive 5 wave down will follow

Now, C's are sharp, so it will happen fast. It is possible to hit a bottom and start going up again by end of year

But this will move the 3k target by some months.

Targets do not change, just the time it takes to get there

On a side note, these are *if* HF spooks the market scenarios

** adding caveats to keep out trolls

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:34:52 AM

with the ETH ETC chain split, the combined value of your coins was greater than the value before the split.

its different with bitcoin, but not that much.

I do see how a 50/50 split would mean ~500-600$ for Core and BU Coins but thats not the end of the world

anyway i think a 90 / 10 split is more likely, this wont mean more then a 10% drop for bitcoin, but STILL you'll have these extra CoreCoins as a consolation prize.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:42:38 AM

Legitimate trading was blocked by insiders and the exchange (kraken), the price was fixed, with a follow-up short squeeze.

I have been a member of the Bitcoin community for quite some time, though a rather silent one. I read, I watch. I have also been actively trading. I am quite aware of some of the complaints and accusations that come up during periods of rapid price movement, particularly the ones that are quite simple to see coming. Though largely evidence is not available. I have experienced some sketchy things myself as well, though haven't been able to dismiss the technical hand waiving excuses that are issued.

Given this recent significant day was certain to have all eyes watching and all hands on deck, I was not going to be routed this time.

To substantiate what I am going to say, without identifying myself, let it be known I am highly educated and experienced in the relevant domains. What I am going to say is not an opinion but a qualified professional conclusion based on planned testing and observation.

The standard excuses are that the servers can not handle such peak loads, that that much traffic is no different than a DDOS. This ma ybe true or simply contrived and convenient. It doesn't have to be true but it may very well be. Though I'm sure the point still will be made by someone, in this case it has no relevance. I prepared to circumnavigate the bottleneck on the web front end.

To prepare for the day I wrote a python GUI to interact directly with the trading systems's API. It was simple with buttons for long and short orders at market rate. It also had a button I called 'clear' that fetched my account balanced details (it also toggled the colour of the buttons after use). This clear button enabled me to test the system responsiveness. As turned out it worked perfectly and I did in fact not suffer the same congestion the web front end experiences. Yay me. This GUI was set to be always visible above my other open windows so I couldn't fumble to get to it.

I also had my exchange account page open such that I could keep pressing F5 on my orders page to confirm that my orders were in fact processed and lodged into the system.

To ensure that I would be one of the fastest human actors, only beaten by well written bots or tightly placed Stop orders, I also wrote a script to fetch and parse a handful of pages that would likely post the ETF news and it did so on a 3 second timer. This data was continuously displayed in a terminal which then told me which of the open tabs I need to check before hitting those order buttons. The process was as efficiently streamlined as I could manage with the time I had. It worked perfectly. My Star trek Red Alert siren went off even before the price had moved much at all.

I had acted slightly slower than I was planning as the siren, my phone, and two separate chart pages all triggered their alarms in a cascade, it nearly gave me a heart attack while clicking to the correct browser tab (bats).

The following is a screen shot of what I was looking at during the activity (redacted to obscure identity). Followed by observations of the significant details and my conclusions.

This screen shot was taken at 4:40 Eastern Time (9:40 in my time zone)

Observation Notes:

1. 4 orders had been accepted by the system at the following times (they were significant in size):
  • 4:06
  • 4:07
  • 4:13

Also, as you can see from kraken/cryotowatch chart tool, two other orders were filled at (pressed the button enough times would certainly saturate my limits ensuring end-to-end success in the event of high failure rate):
  • 4:05

2. Observe the current time stamp: 4:40

This is 35 minutes after they were accepted.

3. Observe the data is current as the page reload timer reads 8 seconds.

Many people have commented over the last couple of days about how unprecedented the drop was. The current sock puppet narrative is that Bitcoin has really stabilised as a market and does not crash so much, it is now healthy. Nothing could be further from the truth. I do now sadly find myself in agreement with the SEC.

The current narrative is total bullcrap to cover observable strange characteristics of the market, Bitcoin is as unhealthy as it has even been and more. Bitcoin is now in full crisis mode after manipulation of this scale.

Corrections are healthy. The market must decide the base support price before any speculation can be reasonably made. On this big day, the market was blocked by an inside group that are now showing signs of significant degrees of criminality. This ETF day was ...  a heist. 

The market was not allowed to express it is opinion of the ETF result.

The general consensus was that the price was going to go sub 800. It could have gone much much lower.

Also, many people have commented since that the price didn't drop as sharply as they had expected. That the price didn't go as low as expected. That the price came back faster than they expected.

All of you were watching, I know you were. You thought the same things didn't you.

This is what I assume happened:

Wales in collusion with the exchanges rigged the order books (this just wouldn't work without inside collusion). They had a limit to how much they could invest in such a scam and a limit to their risk appetite. Leaving a high price massive purchase open to the behaviour of a free market could have worked out very badly. So they controlled the price trajectory.

Only a controlled amount of sell orders we are allowed to be executed
. Enough to allow for a sudden drop (they f***ed up the rate of decent here). The rest of the orders were just stashed and ignored (no trading market has ever tolerated such behaviour from an exchange, this is capitol sin #1. Even just a small pinch of replaying the order book such that the house games the clients is outrageous).

At a controlled rate the orders were consumed by some massive buying holding the line at 1,000 Euro. This went on for half an hour!!!!!!! No f***in way is that realistic. The volume traded doesn't even support that detail.

What followed then was a short squeeze.

Excuses that are made when such behaviour has been suspect is 'network congestion'. Here in this case I have proved that didn't happen to me at least. The next excuse is the trading  computer system was overwhelmed. That doesn't require counter evidence. Computers simply do not work like that. Processing orders is nothing like multidimensional numerical algorithms that take time to converge (which modern computers can handle). Trade orders is simple accounting, addition and subtraction. Computers rip through that work like they were born to do it (they were). As the provided evidence shows, orders were still not processed a full 40 minutes later! Even being pragmatic and accepting that sure some latency occurred, the processing slowed down some. It would have been in the order of seconds, at most if they really do have crap computers (they do not), a couple of minutes. Not 40 minutes. My single laptop could have crunched those number in less time. Furthermore, in almost all system, the network in the bottleneck. Computers can in most cases process whatever a network can deliver.

There was no system throughput problems anyway, I tested that too with a small buy order that went through instantly. The web front end was laggy, I'm sure that pissed people off (though irrelevant)

Software bug are also no valid excuses. The execution of orders is a very simple and straight forward algorithm. If there were bugs in it, the ALL orders would get effected, not a conveniently perfect number of orders.

No crime goes down perfectly as planned. The story is the the market handled the news of ETF denial well is a cover story. Given orders were outstanding for so long, though in fact they had more orders thrown at them than they anticipating. 40 minutes is an absurd amount of time to keep orders buffered, I would assume that was not the plan as it smells bad.

Then the short squeeze began. Once the insiders had consumed most of what they could handle at a controlled rate, they began constricting the sell orders even move such that they could begin artificially driving the price upwards. Once people who had buy orders placed down low at a reasonable prices saw the price begin turn around, many then would have reset their own buys. This then set the market upward cautiously. Anyone who didn't cancel their shorts would have screwed then as they were still proportionately being executed against the tide (one of mine was).

This comes on the very same day the SEC rejects an ETF on the grounds of a lack of regulation. It is then ironically proven Bitcoin exchanges are overdue for, and in desperate need of regulation and oversight. The degree of criminality is out of control. They are playing every old market game that is known and it is in your face. You are getting played. This was some over-the-top blatant price fixing.

I have been a very strong believer in and advocate for Bitcoin. Today I find myself disenfranchised.

• The market is not behaving healthily.
  • It is clear the market is rigged. Sure there have been a lot of people saying whales move the price strategically to their advantage at odd times. In an open free market that is legitimate (rigging exchanges in not).
  • The rhetoric on the Core vs BU is at an all time low. Neither Reddits are readable. Those that control the narrative are reaching new lows.[/li
    • This rejection by SEC was not a good thing as die hard anarchists are claiming. Bitcoin must be accepted by the mainstream to survive. That's the f***ing plan. It's failing.
    • It is known that half of all the BTC are owned by about 1,000 people. That is not a viable economy. But that was before Friday when there was the massive sell off and the big scoop. I seriously wonder just how many peoples coins the corrupt among them just picked up. If the BTC are owed by a very few then it is just like a jokecoin pre-mine.

In light of the latest string of serious problems, Bitcoin must be allowed to find it's true current value. If the support level is not known, Bitcoin really could go to $12

P.S.   If this market looks like it is recovering to you, i warn you, this gang is going to strike again and dump the price while you do not expect it just as they don't allow you to participate when you do expect it. They do like to make it appear that the fundamental technical are working (though not on the day you see coming). The bottom has not yet been found.

[/list]

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 07:20:25 AM

The simplest explanation for the delays is that the matching algo at kraken is crap - probably O(n^2). We have seen it at MtGox, on big load it was just stuck (one time it was stuck I think for more than an hour).
shannen87

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 08:38:43 AM

Afrikoin, you think that a hard fork will happen anytime soon?
Will we get a warning before just like ETF so we prepare to get our funds out?
If I were you, would you cash out at $1290-1300?
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:11:52 AM

sell now.
you should have sold last week

IMho

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

shannen87

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:16:26 AM

sell now.

IMho

I hope you don't joke, because I am a vivid follower of yours and I am following you with blind eyes.
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 10:36:12 AM

sell now.

IMho

I hope you don't joke, because I am a vivid follower of yours and I am following you with blind eyes.

Never sell all. Like Vinny says have a core position you never touch.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 11:02:21 AM

The simplest explanation for the delays is that the matching algo at kraken is crap - probably O(n^2). We have seen it at MtGox, on big load it was just stuck (one time it was stuck I think for more than an hour).

If it was only matching, that could easily be emplyed by sorting the books and then only matching crossing orders. Nothing in O(n²) there. It begs the question what they're actually doing here.

Maybe they have some extensive logic regarding stop-loss orders and/or forced liquidation of position (do they offer leveraged trading at all)?

Even such stuff can be done efficiently enough, though, as bitfinex show (who also have quite the logic for forced liquidation casacde situations and such).

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 11:04:01 AM

sell now.

IMho

if you can, sell all!

Buy back at $900 and save yourself some money + accumulate more coins.

This is what i would advise my clients

If you want to trade, trade on the simulator

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

shannen87

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 11:15:48 AM

sell now.

IMho

if you can, sell all!

Thanks for the advice, but according to your diagram the arrow > points to $600,
also when a HF happens, the price could be much lower of $900
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 11:23:07 AM

sell now.

IMho

if you can, sell all!

Thanks for the advice, but according to your diagram the arrow > points to $600,
also when a HF happens, the price could be much lower of $900

I am saying $900 because its better than &1200

why hold at $1200 when we are sure it will go to $900?

Thus my $900 recommend

$600 has a less than 50% probability right now

$900 is 100% going to happen

So $900 is a safe bet.

Below that, is trading territory because the probabilities are less than 100%

Will reassess targets after a while.

HF could take us to $300, but to avoid trolls, this is an *if* *else*

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:13:23 PM

Guys,

never listen to an investmend advice on internet, dyor.

I am really disapointed by what has becomed this thread.

I see partial count of EW, which absolutly make the latter irrelevant, you don't just start counting where ever you want.

I hope not everyone in here will lose money because of following blindly someone on internet, hope for you guys BTC will dump as so kindly advertised (ps: nothing is 100% sure in the market, please stop this fallacy), my money is on the other line of the table.

How about you share a chart with an alternative count and analysis?

Otherwise,  there's not much in your comment

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:17:36 PM

Guys,

I see partial count of EW, which absolutly make the latter irrelevant, you don't just start counting where ever you want.

I hope not everyone in here will lose money because of following blindly someone on internet, hope for you guys BTC will dump as so kindly advertised (ps: nothing is 100% sure in the market, please stop this fallacy), my money is on the other line of the table.

I doubt people in here are so naive. I think it's great we have people who are willing to share their work like this. I've never seen someone who always delivers perfect TA (not even the one who shall not be mentioned), nor will I ever do so. But some, like me, like to gather as many data points as possible in order to have a comprehensive horizon for their decisions. I know not everyone likes to work like this. But for those who do, this thread is one (1) good source.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 12:22:29 PM

Guys,

How about you share a chart with an alternative count and analysis?

Otherwise,  there's not much in your comment

my summed up analysis is already in your topic.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: