May 03, 2024, 11:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you like this thread
Meh
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin  (Read 303270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:25:00 AM

Lol

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unknown04

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Art is the triumph over chaos

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:36:18 AM

The great opportunity

if this day comes, a lot of us are millionaires ... I cant wait to be one....
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:03:29 AM

How will SegWit Affect the Price of Bitcoin ?

https://medium.com/@michaelkimani/how-will-segwit-affect-the-price-of-bitcoin-b58d7c29cd9a#.26x65vhop

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:32:47 AM

Hi Fakhoury, heres a closer look at that fork.

Hopefully it is highly possible, if bitcoin does continue up past current levels to reach to the median that would take it to about $840.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:33:23 AM

Same fork zoomed out further

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:36:13 AM

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 10:28:27 AM

Bitcoin Price Gears Up for a Christmas High

https://bitcoinaverage.com/blog/bitcoin-price-gears-up-for-a-christmas-high

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 10:30:12 AM

Does anyone else think we are in an ascending wedge triangle? A continuation pattern?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:05:13 AM

I've just been reading up on this.. and i think the authour has got two chart patterns mixed up into one.

There is a rising wedge pattern (bearish) and a rising triangle pattern (bullish) and they are two different things that look a bit similar.

What I'm seeing in this chart is a rising wedge pattern, which would be bearish. But it doesn't end there!

This applies just to the US$ exchanges.. Finex and Stamp..

When we look to China, Huobi shows an (almost perfect) symetric triangle.. which is also bullish.

"The resolution of a symmetric triangle is much less predictable however it is usually considered a "consolidation pattern" means that it will break in the direction of the trend that was in effect before the pattern appeared."  - stockcharts.com
https://stockcharts.com/articles/chartwatchers/2015/09/ascending-triangle-bullish-or-ascending-wedge-very-not-bullish.html

OKCoin shows a similar symetric triangle but this has already broken to the Upside

China is leading.. as per usual and the west is following, in what seems like spurts. A little leg up.. indescision.. wait, watch China..move up again... imo, the whole market is watching China and reacting.

Then we have the fundamentals mentioned in the posted article (bitcoinaverage) ..India, China, SegWit, capital controls etc. Overall the picture is bullish, if you take your queues from China.

The next 24 hours are critical!
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:14:16 AM

I've just been reading up on this.. and i think the authour has got two chart patterns mixed up into one.

There is a rising wedge pattern (bearish) and a rising triangle pattern (bullish) and they are two different things that look a bit similar.

What I'm seeing in this chart is a rising wedge pattern, which would be bearish. But it doesn't end there!

When we look to China, Huobi shows an (almost perfect) symetric triangle.. which is also bullish.

"The resolution of a symmetric triangle is much less predictable however it is usually considered a "consolidation pattern" means that it will break in the direction of the trend that was in effect before the pattern appeared."  - stockcharts.com
https://stockcharts.com/articles/chartwatchers/2015/09/ascending-triangle-bullish-or-ascending-wedge-very-not-bullish.html

OKCoin shows a similar symetric triangle but this has already broken to the Upside

China is leading.. as per usual and the west is following, in what seems like spurts. A little leg up.. indescision.. wait, watch China..move up again... imo, the whole market is watching China and reacting.

Then we have the fundamentals mentioned in the posted article (bitcoinaverage) ..India, China, SegWit, capital controls etc. Overall the picture is bullish, if you take your queues from China.

I see what you mean.

I try to be conscious of my bias. SO i had thought about both the bullish and bearish case below

I still think the trend is up, and even if we take a dip (to as low as $650, its a dip before more up.

See; What's the Difference Between an Ascending Wedge and an Ascending Triangle?
https://stockcharts.com/articles/decisionpoint/2015/04/whats-the-difference-between-an-ascending-wedge-and-an-ascending-triangle.html

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:19:25 AM

How will SegWit Affect the Price of Bitcoin ?

https://medium.com/@michaelkimani/how-will-segwit-affect-the-price-of-bitcoin-b58d7c29cd9a#.v8yn4bgub

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

kehtolo

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:26:11 AM

"The resolution of a symmetric triangle is much less predictable however it is usually considered a "consolidation pattern" means that it will break in the direction of the trend that was in effect before the pattern appeared."  - stockcharts.com

I see what you mean.

I try to be conscious of my bias. SO i had thought about both the bullish and bearish case below

I still think the trend is up, and even if we take a dip (to as low as $650, its a dip before more up.

See; What's the Difference Between an Ascending Wedge and an Ascending Triangle?
https://stockcharts.com/articles/decisionpoint/2015/04/whats-the-difference-between-an-ascending-wedge-and-an-ascending-triangle.html

(images snipped)

Yes, and I agree (i've read that article too!). Either we just go up to next resistance from here or one more leg down to support level (around $650 like you say) before moving up. This would be the extreme scenarion. I don't think it will/would drop that much. 700 looks to be good support. And if it does drop there 700-720.. then it would be a great entry point as a move up would be very very likely to follow.

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:29:11 AM

I see what you mean.

(images snipped)

Yes, and I agree (i've read that article too!). Either we just go up to next resistance from here or one more leg down to support level (around $650 like you say) before moving up. This would be the extreme scenarion. I don't think it will/would drop that much. 700 looks to be good support. And if it does drop there 700-720.. then it would be a great entry point as a move up would be very very likely to follow.

agreed.

dip to $700 - $720

Lowest $650

Wise not to count on a low dip. Just hold and wait

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:30:22 AM

I see what you mean.

(images snipped)

Thanks for your input by the way. I appreciate it!

Have you been following this thread for long?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

kehtolo

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:33:38 AM

While typing this, Huobi just broke the resistance line in this triangle. OKCoin already had..
If you draw this triangle on their 4H charts, you'll see what i mean.

Although it was a weak attempt and has actually fallen back. I think we need to see over 5350 for confirmation.

~$760 on Finex and Stamp

kehtolo

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:40:26 AM

Hi Afrikoin..

Yes, I have.. I've been a member here since mid '13.. this is one of my favourite threads. I'm not sure how long following.. a year or more maybe?

Keep up the good work!

The bigger picture is looking more and more positive.

One other point i wanted to make was.. depending on how you draw triangles (which asscending trendline you chose) on this current phase of the chart, we could be completing this large triangle either by next March or next June.

Wouldn't it be just wonderfully serrendipitous if SegWit got locked in around the end of either triangle? (for date, i say end Feb-beginning March or the other bigger triangle June or so)

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:49:37 AM

Hi Afrikoin..

Yes, I have.. I've been a member here since mid '13.. this is one of my favourite threads. I'm not sure how long following.. a year or more maybe?

Keep up the good work!

One other point i wanted to make was.. depending on how you draw triangles (which asscending trendline you chose) on this current phase of the chart, we could be completing this large triangle either by next March or next June.

Wouldn't it be just wonderfully serrendipitous if SegWit got locked in around the end of either triangle? (for date, i say end Feb-beginning March or the other bigger triangle June or so)

Thanks! You must be one of the many lurkers on here  Grin

Im not sure about SegWit, see this article https://medium.com/@michaelkimani/how-will-segwit-affect-the-price-of-bitcoin-b58d7c29cd9a#.4ff5pet7o

I am looking athe market until we hit a top, then will evaluate based on sentiment at the top.

At the back of my mind, i am expecting *some big event* to rear its head when we hit the top (whatever top that is $870, $900, $1163, $1200, $1300)

There is aone large triangle i a watching, that could step in and send us low once we hit the top. But like i said, this is one idea i have (of many) of how this could play out next 1 year.

Here is the large triangle i refer to, probably similar to the triangle from June this year. So a mega wave 4 (in elliott wave)

Still, i am open to all the other wild bull mega cycle forecasts. Just trying to keep an open mind.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:54:26 AM

Bitcoin made The Simpsons intro!  You know what that means

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 11:56:59 AM

Possible?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

kehtolo

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 12:01:30 PM

Hi Afrikoin..

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! You must be one of the many lurkers on here  Grin

Im not sure about SegWit, see this article https://medium.com/@michaelkimani/how-will-segwit-affect-the-price-of-bitcoin-b58d7c29cd9a#.4ff5pet7o

I am looking athe market until we hit a top, then will evaluate based on sentiment at the top.

At the back of my mind, i am expecting *some big event* to rear its head when we hit the top (whatever top that is $870, $900, $1163, $1200, $1300)

There is aone large triangle i a watching, that could step in and send us low once we hit the top. But like i said, this is one idea i have (of many) of how this could play out next 1 year.

Here is the large triangle i refer to, probably similar to the triangle from June this year. So a mega wave 4 (in elliott wave)

Still, i am open to all the other wild bull mega cycle forecasts. Just trying to keep an open mind.

Hmppm.. I'm not really sure I agree with him on SegWit.. I think we should see a sell off if we do gt above ~$1100 or so.. because that would just be normal. I don't think it would necessarily have much to do with SegWit (although that won't stop people claiming that)

SegWit will lead to investor confidence. It will lead to more transactions.. and possible LN (waaaaay more transactions) and these things will lead to investor confidence. This will see highs broken. So I expect a finishing off of our current triangle to last until late Feb-Mar (or even June!) and then new ATH soon after.

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: