Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:54:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 588 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 713516 times)
DaddyH

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:48:16 PM

Where the hell are the bounties? 13 months must be an Olympic record.

The coin was released on June 30 2017, 2 months and 5 days ago. And like the rules of the bounties when you joined, to be released in batches a couple of months after launch, which was 2 months and 5 days ago.

Why is there no public plan. Theyve had 13 months to prepare. Why are some getting coins first and what is the criteria for priority?

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ja23

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:27:25 PM

Where the hell are the bounties? 13 months must be an Olympic record.

The coin was released on June 30 2017, 2 months and 5 days ago. And like the rules of the bounties when you joined, to be released in batches a couple of months after launch, which was 2 months and 5 days ago.

Why is there no public plan. Theyve had 13 months to prepare. Why are some getting coins first and what is the criteria for priority?

Again, this was stated back in August 2016 before the signature campaign started. Due to popular demand, because it's what the community wanted, the bounties will be released in stages. The community were worried about bounty hunters and wanted it to be released in stages. Were you part of the campaign? Because how would you now know that? That's public, just like the decision to start the distribution this month is public.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:07:07 PM

I don't see reason to panic. I understand Chinese people selling because it was outlawed, but westerns?

jvper
DECENT Witness and Day One ICO Investor
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:20:03 PM

Well, what a pity that I bought at a value much higher than this today, I paid some DCT at 29K .. I hope to recover, and I hope the project has great news this week

the price will be lower when the bounty will be issued Cool

Great, i can get more of this then!

So you mean to say that only bounty holders are making the coin price going down then why the coin price is going down when the bounty coins are not sold. Dont be always following the same old story of bounty hunters are making the coin price go down. Their are developers also who are holding the coin and selling them. Be smart dont be Huh?
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:09:53 PM

what is a decent witness?

Is there a way to earn more decent that way?

DECENT witnesses are block producers. We serve to establish the decentralized nature of the network and receive DCT rewards for doing so. We are responsible for transaction verification, timestamping and generating blocks. As a result, we provide the infrastructure for transactions across the network. We run dedicated servers for that purpose.

In order to become active, we need to be voted by DCT holders. I'd really appreciate if you could vote for me. My witness name is jvper.

jvper

How do I vote? is there some guide for all of this? Have had a hard time even figuring out how to withdraw my DCT back from bittrex. Day 1 investor..

statdude,

You need to use cli_wallet. Once you unlock you wallet (or create a new one), you need to import your private key

Code:
import_key <yourname> <yourprivatekey>

Then you cast the vote

Code:
vote_for_miner <yourname> jvper true true

Note: true comes twice. The first word true says you vote (false would mean the opposite: unvote) and the second word true says you are broadcasting the vote. In this example you would be voting for me.

Code:
vote_for_miner <yourname> jvper false true

This last example means you would be unvoting me (considering you had voted for me before and changed up your mind).

jvper

I appreciate your response, but isn't all this "Witness" and voting information officially documented somewhere?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1114

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 05:52:11 PM

Bounty participants are going to get rewarded pretty well. $1.30 per post, plus whatever they get for every week that they held the signature. So I hope they appreciate the value and become a larger part of the Decent community.

It is insane how profitable signature campaigns are, especially if you hold the coins long term also. I forgot I even took part in the DCT campaign and remembered a few days ago, just checked the spreadsheet and I'm expected to get 823 DCT, which is crazy for what you actually have to do get them.

definitely.
take a look at decred airdrop in the past.
quite crazy.
it's more than many salaries around the world.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:11:26 PM

what is a decent witness?

Is there a way to earn more decent that way?

DECENT witnesses are block producers. We serve to establish the decentralized nature of the network and receive DCT rewards for doing so. We are responsible for transaction verification, timestamping and generating blocks. As a result, we provide the infrastructure for transactions across the network. We run dedicated servers for that purpose.

In order to become active, we need to be voted by DCT holders. I'd really appreciate if you could vote for me. My witness name is jvper.

jvper

How do I vote? is there some guide for all of this? Have had a hard time even figuring out how to withdraw my DCT back from bittrex. Day 1 investor..

statdude,

You need to use cli_wallet. Once you unlock you wallet (or create a new one), you need to import your private key

Code:
import_key <yourname> <yourprivatekey>

Then you cast the vote

Code:
vote_for_miner <yourname> jvper true true

Note: true comes twice. The first word true says you vote (false would mean the opposite: unvote) and the second word true says you are broadcasting the vote. In this example you would be voting for me.

Code:
vote_for_miner <yourname> jvper false true

This last example means you would be unvoting me (considering you had voted for me before and changed up your mind).

jvper

I appreciate your response, but isn't all this "Witness" and voting information officially documented somewhere?

It is in the wiki:

https://wiki.decent.ch/doku.php?id=decent:howto

jvper
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 11:50:54 AM

Many people wanted cheaper tokens and this is their chance which appeared totally unexpected. There is no doubt that future holds plenty of potential and good things for Decent project. They have delivered lot of content and still few things are under development. We need to learn to hold as crypto is turning into serious investment.

"Appeared totally unexpected"? Seriously? People have been waiting for upcoming dump from the start. Who would buy in premium price now if bottom could be 7000 sats for all we know.
Lucasgabd
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:10:00 PM

Many people wanted cheaper tokens and this is their chance which appeared totally unexpected. There is no doubt that future holds plenty of potential and good things for Decent project. They have delivered lot of content and still few things are under development. We need to learn to hold as crypto is turning into serious investment.

"Appeared totally unexpected"? Seriously? People have been waiting for upcoming dump from the start. Who would buy in premium price now if bottom could be 7000 sats for all we know.

why the bottom could be on 7000?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
DECENT (OP)

Activity: 1234
Merit: 528

Decentralized Content Distribution

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2017, 04:17:26 PM

We are hiring employees from around the globe and increasing our reach with new offices popping up at a number of locations in recent months. Our latest plans are to expand to New York City.

Subscribe to DECENT newsletter for latest news!

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
████████████▀        ▄███▄
█████████▀        ▄███████
 ▀████▀        ▄██████████
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
......███████████▄▄       ▄▄███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████████████████████████
███         ▀███▄███▀                 ▄▄██████▄▄       ▄█████▀   ▄▄██████▄▄ 
███          ▀█████▀                 ████▀▀▀▀████     ███▀▀▀    ████▀▀▀▀████
███           ▄███▀                 ███▀      ▀███   ███▀      ███▀      ▀███
███          ▄█████▄                ███        ███   ███       ██████████████
███         ▄███▀███▄               ███▄      ▄███   ███       ███▄██████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ████▄▄▄▄████    ███        ████▄▄▄▄████
███████████▀▀       ▀▀████████████▄   ▀▀██████▀▀     ███         ▀▀██████▀▀██
Blockchain you can actually build on.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀     ██████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄▀   ███████
██████▄    ▄▄█▀    ████████
█████████▄██▀      ████████
▀██████████▄▄    ████████▀
▀████████▄█████▄████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
Lucasgabd
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 04:59:17 PM

It's very well possible if we see a dump when the bounty payments get sent out. It'll most definitely be a bear market for the next month or so.

maybe sending the bounties in smaller batches  could avoid strong dumps.

anyway not in a hurry for this one, just HODLING...

I usually don't dump my bounties as well, why dumping something now for little if you can just hold it for a while (months/years) and have the chance for it being worth much more...

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
hush

Activity: 1288
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 05:08:29 PM

They didn't start collecting addresses yet which can be seen from frustrated posts of bounty participants and you are worried about a thing which didn't take place yet. Every news which is opening door of new opportunity should be enjoyed like appearance in New York City. Decent's price is suppressed but will bounce back soon.
ja23

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:02:56 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2017, 06:46:54 PM by ja23

I think the bounties could help Decent. Especially since it's being released 3 months after the launch hype.

Look at DeepOnion, they release their coins ones a week. Originally I expected big weekly dumps, but the price tended to go up because people get hyped up. The community is strong, they get hyped.

The release of the bounties means Decent going back into the awareness of the bounty participants. Many who have forgotten about it. If they are able to look at the roadmap, see the future value in Decent, then that's extra people coming into and being active in the community. So rather than dump, they hold and become active members.

Whereas if the bounties were released say the same week as the launch hype, then it wouldn't have been nothing special, and all the dumpers dump.

It's very well possible if we see a dump when the bounty payments get sent out. It'll most definitely be a bear market for the next month or so.

maybe sending the bounties in smaller batches  could avoid strong dumps.

anyway not in a hurry for this one, just HODLING...

I usually don't dump my bounties as well, why dumping something now for little if you can just hold it for a while (months/years) and have the chance for it being worth much more...

What I've learned from the DeepOnion airdrop that I'm currently involved is that awareness and a stronger community is built by spreading out in Decent's case bounties. That community is very solid.

Partially sending bounties, say 1/3 of a participants bounty every two weeks could be a good idea, if the goal is to make them join the Decent community, letting them become aware of the promising future it has.

Instead of going straight to the exchange and dump, it will be more like, "I got 1/3 coming up in 2 weeks, let me see what's doing with Decent. The App store, Naughty America." Bounty hunters are like strangers who are not aware of what's been going on, their focus is to flip their bounties, so don't really bother looking deeper into things.

Decent should start contacting bounty participants now, letting them know that they are releasing it later this month, that way they can start looking more into it.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:12:10 AM

Why wouldn't it be? 1000000 bounties coming up. if you wanted to buy 50k-30k sats or premium, nobody stopped you, just like nobody stops me setting low buy orders.
DECENT (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 12:37:52 PM

Check the summary of functionalities, possible use cases and interfaces of DECENT Core in the latest blog by DECENT's founder Matej Boda

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
......███████████▄▄       ▄▄███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:39:34 PM

Why wouldn't it be? 1000000 bounties coming up. if you wanted to buy 50k-30k sats or premium, nobody stopped you, just like nobody stops me setting low buy orders.

1000000 DCT at current price is only 180 BTC, which is nothing. If someone's ready to sell at 7000 sat, let me know, I'll buy all you have.

DECENT (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 01:35:40 PM

The AMA session with DECENT's founder Matej Boda starts in 25 minutes!
Join the Telegram channel: https://t.me/joinchat/CkG9pUI7PW5V0rFNC7Ht7g

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
Lucasgabd
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:39:24 PM

1000000 DCT at current price is only 180 BTC, which is nothing. If someone's ready to sell at 7000 sat, let me know, I'll buy all you have.

I would buy more at this price as well..
was just curious on how sockpupper got to this value.
if using TA or just an estimation.

keeping on the price talk:
does anybody know what happened on august 12th?
the big spike on the chart.

maybe this event?
https://decent.ch/en/kuala-lumpur-event-global-blockchain-summit-shanghai/

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
mamichula

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 03:46:56 AM

Decent is making good process in the background hopefully soon will release the main net. Is it still for Q4 or end of the year correct?

Hopefully they finish it in the coming September, not to rush, to make a decision but it's been seen almost a year we see this project running, but they have not completed the main network, to distribute their funds to all bounty participants, and investors .. .

They have done so much, particularly in partnership, with a partner launching a coin that raised over 140 million dollars. That atmchains, is built on top of Decent, and they have what seems to be a lot of powerful connections. Granted I'm not a big fan of 100s of millions of dollars ICO, but that connection is too big. I'm holding my Decent for years to come.

100 million raised only means 1 thing

Token concentration among big money = heavy manipulation

Don't expect instant profit, your more likely to see prices under ico for quite some time as the big money doesn't care and wants you to sell at a loss...

It's more about that other coin helping out Decent. If big money bought into this other coin, then that manipulation doesn't affect Decent. It what you say is true it might affect the little guys who invested in the other coin, but not Decent. And if they manipulate the other coin make it's marketcap higher, then that higher marketcap will by proxy help Decent.

Basically what I'm saying is that if atmchain doesn't = big profit for investors because so many big players went into it, then that only affects atmchain investors profit potential, but not Decent. It can only help it do to it big name association.
rz20
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 04:11:58 AM

I am thinking that the project is good.. but when trying to join fb bounty its closed.. just see the development of the project

It's been almost a year if not more that the ICO of the project ended that's the reason they closed all the campaigns.
Pages: « 1 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 [390] 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 ... 588 »
  Print  

Jump to: