Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:58:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 588 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 713516 times)
timvim

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

BTC donations: 123TimMrhvumKz3ryW33uhb7M7QHWMgMPm

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:41:53 PM

iconomi bounty rewards was over 100 btc not a problem  price drop little bit when they started to trade on kraken, after 3 month they started to rise ! Edgeless project over 200 btc bounty rewards dont remember if trade was never under ico price GREAT ....DECENT 50 btc Bounty rewards(not sure about it could  less) after 1 years they still have to pay the bounty? what DECENT TEAM THINK ABOUT  ,we are all stupid? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin my  God guys open your eyes One forever.......

I am sure that at this point decent team doesn't care about a dump, but they promised this before, so they are doing this. But your math is wrong as f*ck...There's 1 million decents coming from bounties, not sure how you price that as 50btc or less

i thought bounties were 150k dct

Even if it is one million DCT, that is like 2% of the total circulating supply. And like 20-30% of the already standing sell orders on bittrex+yuanbao+hitbtc, so market impact will likely be short and small, even if all bounty beggars dump their coins at once. I don't thin it is anything to worry about really.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foex

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

Bitrated user: Foex.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2017, 01:57:05 PM

Did they even publish the final documents with bounty participants. Nor a communication abt the timeline of when and how it will be distributed. The 3 months is not clear.

0xdB9A9D39B17F1223BF590a3F9D1FC7f2058eB111
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:21:59 PM

iconomi bounty rewards was over 100 btc not a problem  price drop little bit when they started to trade on kraken, after 3 month they started to rise ! Edgeless project over 200 btc bounty rewards dont remember if trade was never under ico price GREAT ....DECENT 50 btc Bounty rewards(not sure about it could  less) after 1 years they still have to pay the bounty? what DECENT TEAM THINK ABOUT  ,we are all stupid? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin my  God guys open your eyes One forever.......

I am sure that at this point decent team doesn't care about a dump, but they promised this before, so they are doing this. But your math is wrong as f*ck...There's 1 million decents coming from bounties, not sure how you price that as 50btc or less

Well it isn't. It's 1 f*cking million. Right there on the ann

1,000,000 DCT for DECENT Bounty program
3,000,000 DCT for Pre-software marketing.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 03:21:31 PM

Even if it is one million DCT, that is like 2% of the total circulating supply. And like 20-30% of the already standing sell orders on bittrex+yuanbao+hitbtc, so market impact will likely be short and small, even if all bounty beggars dump their coins at once. I don't thin it is anything to worry about really.

No, no, no...

Pre-ICO/ICO bounties were not 1 million DCT and not 150k DCT. They were 700k DCT. The other 300k will be used for post-ICO promotion, yet to start (no date defined yet).

700k DCT is a sum, but many people will receive around a dozen DCT and won't care or remember they had the right upon those tokens. If 350k are reclaimed, it will by large exceed my expectations. I remember Whitehat DAO had around 50% reclaimed funds, even though the amounts were much larger and they were invested ETH (psychologically, it makes the whole difference when you lose something rather than "not earn" something).

In the worst case scenario:

Let's say 250k DCT out of 700k DCT are reclaimed considering bounty campaign took place almost 1 year ago. Then how many of those 250k DCT will be really sold within (let's say...) 2 months? Hard to say. Many people don't bother to sell. They just accumulate and sell all of the tokens once a year. Much easier... Even if we consider 80% will be sold at bittrex in the worst case scenario, this is around 200k DCT. Less than a tenth of the daily volume.

Important thing: differently from ERC 20 tokens, DCT is an app token that demands some interaction with the platform, at least via DecentGo. What is the consequence? Not to mention some people decide to buy more when they draw their attention to it when they need to receive the tokens. It is a marketing opportunity. They get in touch with the platform and learn more about it. Just like stores that sell goods in installments and say the customer must pay each installment in the store, every month, and then some of those customers end up buying more goods.

Some people may decide they want to increase that small stake. They are rare, I know. Maybe less than 1%. However they buy thousands of DCT each, and we should not forget it affects the whole equation.

jvper
DECENT Witness and Day One ICO Investor
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:40:06 PM

No, no, no...

Pre-ICO/ICO bounties were not 1 million DCT and not 150k DCT. They were 700k DCT. The other 300k will be used for post-ICO promotion, yet to start (no date defined yet).

700k DCT is a sum, but many people will receive around a dozen DCT and won't care or remember they had the right upon those tokens. If 350k are reclaimed, it will by large exceed my expectations. I remember Whitehat DAO had around 50% reclaimed funds, even though the amounts were much larger and they were invested ETH (psychologically, it makes the whole difference when you lose something rather than "not earn" something).

Let's say 250k DCT out of 700k DCT are reclaimed considering bounty campaign took place almost 1 year ago. Then how many of those 250k DCT will be really sold within (let's say...) 2 months? Hard to say. Many people don't bother to sell. They just accumulate and sell all of the tokens once a year. Much easier... Even if we consider 80% will be sold at bittrex in the worst case scenario, this is around 200k DCT. Less than a tenth of the daily volume.

Important thing: differently from ERC 20 tokens, DCT is an app token that demands some interaction with the platform, at least via DecentGo. What is the consequence? Not to mention some people decide to buy more when they draw their attention to it when they need to receive the tokens. It is a marketing opportunity. They get in touch with the platform and learn more about it. Just like stores that sell goods in installments and say the customer must pay each installment in the store, every month, and then some of those customers end up buying more goods.

Some people may decide they want to increase that small stake. They are rare, I know. Maybe less than 1%. However they buy thousands of DCT each, and we should not forget it affects the whole equation.

jvper

Where are you getting this from? It says on the ann that:

alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:30:11 PM

Even 100,000 going out to the bounty hunter will be a pretty huge drop. The majority of bounty coins will get dumped in first 24 hours. I would guess that at least 80% of the bounty coins will follow this route.

To take advantage of the bounty dump I opened a low ball offer of 25k hoping it will be filled lol. BTW did they release any dates for payout yet?

XCNP

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 05:33:15 PM

They should release the bounty immediately to let the market absorb all the tokens at this stage else it will always be fear. There are lot of examples where more big projects than Decent distributed bounties and nothing happened to their market value. It is baseless fear and people are also scaring them for nothing without any valid reason.
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:19:36 PM

Well, could someone tell me where I should register to get my bounty? It was so long as I forget about it but my name is on the list. What details I should provide as I think it is not to late because bounty still not distributed.

Thank you!

Dev has no plan to release the bounty till end of this year so if you are on the list than you have wait few more maybe by end of next year all participants will get paid. I also wonder why he is silent on this topic and giving any plan about that.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:29:22 PM

Did they even publish the final documents with bounty participants. Nor a communication abt the timeline of when and how it will be distributed. The 3 months is not clear.

The final document on the bounty sheets have been released, both social media and signature campaign final sheet is already out, what the team need to do is to ask for DCT address for the distribution of the tokens
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:16:58 PM

Well, could someone tell me where I should register to get my bounty? It was so long as I forget about it but my name is on the list. What details I should provide as I think it is not to late because bounty still not distributed.

Thank you!

Dev has no plan to release the bounty till end of this year so if you are on the list than you have wait few more maybe by end of next year all participants will get paid. I also wonder why he is silent on this topic and giving any plan about that.

where did you get such a message? Bounty will not be until the end of this year? If this is true then this message is ridiculous. I was not here 2 weeks and still do not know when I get my bounty?
jvper

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:47:34 PM

No, no, no...

jvper

Where are you getting this from? It says on the ann that:

I know these numbers by heart. But it is not difficult to find either. https://decent.ch/en/decent-ico-bounties-update-rules/
As you can see, it matches the information. Not 1 million. Only 700k DCT. This is a fact.
As I said, (opinion now>>>) I believe less then 200k of those will really reach the market next months (a tenth of the daily volume). The market will be able to absorb it with minimum damage.

jvper

jvper

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:51:27 PM

Thank you!

where did you get such a message? Bounty will not be until the end of this year? If this is true then this message is ridiculous. I was not here 2 weeks and still do not know when I get my bounty?

This is the official statement: https://decent.ch/en/decent-bounties-distribution

So don't worry, we will get our bounties until 30th of September. The team has always fully complied to all milestones and promises and I see no reason to doubt it.

Everything else is just lame bs.

jvper
ja23

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:13:46 PM

Thank you!

People sometimes imagine things in their head, and then in their head their imagination becomes a real memory to them. In this case the person you responded to imagined that the distribution will be at the end of the year, and so in his mind it's as if the team came out and said that.

Now for others wondering what they should do. The team will contact you through your registered social media account, and for signature campaign it's going to be through your bitcointalk account.
jvper

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 09:27:14 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 03:02:06 AM by jvper

I wish we could be using this thread to discuss other things related to DECENT like future developments and the platform potential, rather than bounties, bounties, bounties. Bounties are good, of course, but no need to have 90% of the posts discussing about bounties here... Let's get over it and wait until September...

jvper
Ais08

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:12:25 AM

DECENT is a good project and Devs are reliable people. i am still holding my DECENTs. we must wait bitcoin situation.
If the project is good, why are they still reluctant to release bounty funds, are they afraid of a bounty hunter ..
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:33:16 AM

DECENT is a good project and Devs are reliable people. i am still holding my DECENTs. we must wait bitcoin situation.
If the project is good, why are they still reluctant to release bounty funds, are they afraid of a bounty hunter ..

Yes the Devs are afraid of bountry hunters, especially those who created many accounts so they can leech more profits from the bounty.
I thinks the Devs should check those bounty hunters who have several accounts, because this is against the rules here !!

It look like you also have 2 accounts here created on the same day...

Account 1:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=894087

Account 2:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=894090

You should be ashamed of yourself !!!

botija

Activity: 374

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:36:50 AM

Who said they are reluctant?

Perhaps some of you guys are not native speakers and have a little trouble comprehending the bounty rules, but they are going to release it in stages.

They clearly have been doing more important things, like fixing bugs, making deals, etc. A little more important things than bounty whiners. Using your logic if this project is not good then they would have been focusing on the bounties.

It just sounds retarded, and so whiny, like a little kid saying, "Why are they afraid of bounty hunters." Just man up and stop whining because things don't go your way to the T.
LuPhan

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:23:00 PM

https://explorer.decent.ch/

I did't see any transactions for 5mins. Can someone answer? thank you for support.
jvper

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:35:02 PM

https://explorer.decent.ch/

I did't see any transactions for 5mins. Can someone answer? thank you for support.

Nothing odd happened. Everything is running smooth and fine, don't worry. Blocks are being produced every 5 seconds.

There are near 400 transactions every 24h, so you can see a 5 minutes window without any transaction. This is not really a rare event. It can easily happen. You can calculate the probability using Poisson.

jvper
ciro1

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

Bitcore (BTX) - Your Payment Coin

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:55:08 PM

Even if Bitcoin situation ends up bad cryptocurrencies are here to stay.

jvper

Right! Bitcoin situation has been dragged for way too long so they should go whichever direction and allow other tech news to spread. DCT sale volume is reducing and I love that. One great announcement and there will be less than 100k DCT for sale Cheesy

╔═╗ ╦ ═╦═╔══╔══╗╔══╗╔══          OFFICIAL WEBSITE | TWITTER  | FACEBOOK
==== ╠═╝╗║  ║ ║  ║  ║╠═╔╝╠══ ====    OFFICIAL F.A.Q.  | TELEGRAM | TECHCHART    
     ╚══╝╩  ╩ ╚══╚══╝╚ ╚═╚══          10 MB, segwit, BTC -> BTX, airdrops +++
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 588 »
  Print  

Jump to: