Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:17:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 588 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 713516 times)
MarkyD151

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:11:21 PM

What is reasoning behind current price pump? It is nice to see, but with lack of any news it worries me that it is just artificial. I picked up a decent amount during last few days. I do not really plan on selling for a while, until at least some of the tech has been released.

It is obvious, arbitrage difference between YuanBao and Bittrex has closed, so what has happened is that somebody got the opportunity to arbitrage trade between the two exchanges, thus resulting in a new price on both exchanges that is the middlepoint in the previous gap. So now new fundamentals, just a more liquid market.

I think you are absolutely correct.  Easy to see.  Wish I woulda been the one to do the arb - ha ha.  Been picking off a few arbs on HitBTC.  Nothing to write home about.  I passed the info you shared on the HitBTC trollbox, and some idiot told me to stop FUDing.  While, yeah, I wouldn't mind grabbing even more at a lower price, I am certainly wanting the price to go up, not down :-).  That news is definitely not FUD.  It is actually the opposite.  I was trying to ease their minds that it wasn't a typical pump and dump.  I don't believe any major dump is going to happen.  Due to the Yuanbao arb being the main reason for the increase.  Glad we finally got our coins after the password fiasco.  The devs and CEO kept their words.  So I am staying the long haul.

You might be right/wrong, this project hate to be valued below $2 and everyone knows this. Many interested investors are being made to hold because of bounty talks and believe that bounty participants would dump so they kind of waiting on bounty dump before they start buying but it might backfire; For the same reason your arb comment sounds like a FUD because you make it look like it's impossible for this coin to do 35% overnight? maybe you have no idea what we have here, but to me and a many others, this is not a pump neither is it arb effect; it's a normal demand interest.

I agree mostly.  However, the arb was obvious.  And yeah, a lot of investors scrambled to buy, before the price leveled off.  Totally agree, it is still way undervalued.  I definitely know this coin can do well over 35% overnight, even without a deliberate pump.  I was just saying, as timvim stated, it was totally obvious that someone figured out a way to arb Yuanbao.  This is still positive in my opinion.  I did not FUD, that is for certain.  I was just as happy as most to wake up to the nice surprise this morning :-).   I have enough DCT to not need to buy more.  I want price to go up not down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:19:42 PM

What is reasoning behind current price pump? It is nice to see, but with lack of any news it worries me that it is just artificial. I picked up a decent amount during last few days. I do not really plan on selling for a while, until at least some of the tech has been released.

It is obvious, arbitrage difference between YuanBao and Bittrex has closed, so what has happened is that somebody got the opportunity to arbitrage trade between the two exchanges, thus resulting in a new price on both exchanges that is the middlepoint in the previous gap. So now new fundamentals, just a more liquid market.

I think you are absolutely correct.  Easy to see.  Wish I woulda been the one to do the arb - ha ha.  Been picking off a few arbs on HitBTC.  Nothing to write home about.  I passed the info you shared on the HitBTC trollbox, and some idiot told me to stop FUDing.  While, yeah, I wouldn't mind grabbing even more at a lower price, I am certainly wanting the price to go up, not down :-).  That news is definitely not FUD.  It is actually the opposite.  I was trying to ease their minds that it wasn't a typical pump and dump.  I don't believe any major dump is going to happen.  Due to the Yuanbao arb being the main reason for the increase.  Glad we finally got our coins after the password fiasco.  The devs and CEO kept their words.  So I am staying the long haul.

You might be right/wrong, this project hate to be valued below $2 and everyone knows this. Many interested investors are being made to hold because of bounty talks and believe that bounty participants would dump so they kind of waiting on bounty dump before they start buying but it might backfire; For the same reason your arb comment sounds like a FUD because you make it look like it's impossible for this coin to do 35% overnight? maybe you have no idea what we have here, but to me and a many others, this is not a pump neither is it arb effect; it's a normal demand interest.

Before launching the main network, by the comments here it seemed that the project was going to be released at $ 10. But even being $ 1 to $ 2 I believe that this project is for HOLD. I wanted to buy some more, but I'll wait for the bounty distribution, the price should fall.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:45:04 PM

Before launching the main network, by the comments here it seemed that the project was going to be released at $ 10. But even being $ 1 to $ 2 I believe that this project is for HOLD. I wanted to buy some more, but I'll wait for the bounty distribution, the price should fall.

Those $ 10 at start comments were hilarious. It should go there but it goes even more down before that, going up always takes longer then predicted. Untill it's parabolic
MarkyD151

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 08:49:17 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 08:59:42 PM by MarkyD151

Here is proof of what timvim and I were saying.  Someone found a way to Arb Yuanbao, and that is the reason for the spike - which ends up about midway between the gap that used to be between Yuanbao and Bittrex.

Below are links to pictures of the charts for both exchanges.  

Bittrex -  https://i.imgur.com/rHoq7Bw.png

Yuanbao - https://i.imgur.com/mADbspX.png

It is plain as day what happened.  As stated earlier, I still feel DCT is severely undervalued.
housebtc

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:37:34 PM

I rather the price go up after the bounty dumpers dump their coins.

Which of the dumps are your referring to, the bounty tokens have not been released to the bounty participant even till now the team has not mentioned the date the distribution is going to take place, so there is no need to worry about bounty tokens crashing the price for now
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 09:40:37 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 09:58:36 PM by sockpuppet1911

I rather the price go up after the bounty dumpers dump their coins.

Which of the dumps are your referring to, the bounty tokens have not been released to the bounty participant even till now the team has not mentioned the date the distribution is going to take place, so there is no need to worry about bounty tokens crashing the price for now

I thought he was pretty clear. He was talking about tutut bounty dumps, they would crash the price lower if the price would not get up now.

And they have mentioned the 3 month period.
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 12:53:47 AM

what does it mean automated maintenance on bittrex DCT wallet?

housebtc

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:45:07 AM

It is a normal activity on Bittrex, it is not new even Ethereum wallet is usually under maintenance just to be up to date with their security and prevent any possible breach that any wallet can cause
aisyah88

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:50:09 AM

god dammit we should have been buying but I set my buy orders low 2500 sants never once hit , usually a new coin like this has wild swings up and down

No big down swings on this guys what  is holding it up?

I've been saying this even before launch, this coin is not going below ico like everyone expects. The tech and idea is too much for several swings like every other coin. Many are gonna wish they started buying ike like many wished they joined ico.

Hopefully you are right. Well see what happens in 3 months.
That will not happen if the bounty funds have not been shared yet, but if dev has already distributed bounty funds, it is likely to hit the price you expect, if you are more patient it is likely that you get the same price from buying DCT's lowest price on Bittrex exchange. .
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:47:18 AM

god dammit we should have been buying but I set my buy orders low 2500 sants never once hit , usually a new coin like this has wild swings up and down

I've been saying this even before launch, this coin is not going below ico like everyone expects. The tech and idea is too much for several swings like every other coin. Many are gonna wish they started buying ike like many wished they joined ico.

That will not happen if the bounty funds have not been shared yet, but if dev has already distributed bounty funds, it is likely to hit the price you expect, if you are more patient it is likely that you get the same price from buying DCT's lowest price on Bittrex exchange. .

I dont think that even if the bounty funds are released which is still pending to send , if once the bounty coins are distributed we can see 30 to 50% of price down surely, but it will also be depended on the decent community who will just buy it all and maintain the price to not drop less.

Dewi08

Activity: 1624

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:46:29 AM

I dont think that even if the bounty funds are released which is still pending to send , if once the bounty coins are distributed we can see 30 to 50% of price down surely, but it will also be depended on the decent community who will just buy it all and maintain the price to not drop less.

Although the funds have not been distributed to everyone, with the reason dev is afraid there is a big dumper on bittrex exchange, that does not mean they make unreasonable excuses, I think if they will distribute September not mean they will not see dumper, They will see it in next September, so what's the difference for the current distribution by September !!!
housebtc

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:57:03 PM

No big down swings on this guys what  is holding it up?

Although the funds have not been distributed to everyone, with the reason dev is afraid there is a big dumper on bittrex exchange, that does not mean they make unreasonable excuses, I think if they will distribute September not mean they will not see dumper, They will see it in next September, so what's the difference for the current distribution by September !!!

Why an earth would dev care about the price of decent? They have already said that they release bounty in batches, that is the most they can and will do.
Yeab that is true almost one month and no one receive anything from bounty participants , time remains only two month hope we can see batches in list and date assigned , i predict also DCT price will never go under 25 if bounty released or not .

Are you Nostradamus, there is no way the bounty tokens will not have influence on the price, but how low the price will go I can tell, another thing to consider before releasing those tokens is the timing of release
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 09:46:12 PM

It is a normal activity on Bittrex, it is not new even Ethereum wallet is usually under maintenance just to be up to date with their security and prevent any possible breach that any wallet can cause

Why devs are silent though? What's going on with Decent?

ja23

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:08:58 PM

They are not silent, they recently fixed a bug earlier today and wrote a blog post about it. Since it's very much technical stuff, the communication was on the mining slack channel. And rightly so, since it involved a lot of Linux code.
luksbit

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:16:27 PM

They are not silent, they recently fixed a bug earlier today and wrote a blog post about it. Since it's very much technical stuff, the communication was on the mining slack channel. And rightly so, since it involved a lot of Linux code.

Yes, it seems that this correction made at least the slowest network for me. My wallet is almost 1 hour trying to sync with the network. Is someone else having the same problem?
ja23

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:17:51 PM

Yes, it seems that this correction made at least the slowest network for me. My wallet is almost 1 hour trying to sync with the network. Is someone else having the same problem?

Are you using Linux? If so did you update? I believe a new Windows download is coming later today.
luksbit

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:27:19 AM

Are you using Linux? If so did you update? I believe a new Windows download is coming later today.

I use Windows, so I'll wait for the release of the new version. The client was open until now, thanks for the information. Smiley
jtalk
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 09:59:11 AM

While everywhere is silent this newly published article is worth to read: http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles/News/News-Item/DECENT-Launches-Blockchain-Based-Content-Distribution-Platform-119527.htm. It is resume of all previously explained things but still is good to recall your memories. Although is is being traded but main effect will still take some time to be seen in market.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
[/center]
aisyah88

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 10:25:10 AM

While everywhere is silent this newly published article is worth to read: http://www.econtentmag.com/Articles/News/News-Item/DECENT-Launches-Blockchain-Based-Content-Distribution-Platform-119527.htm. It is resume of all previously explained things but still is good to recall your memories. Although is is being traded but main effect will still take some time to be seen in market.
Although this new update is issued by dev, we still have to wait until September, and they have not dared to release it for bounty distribution, so whatsoever for this year and they have so many investors out there, but are afraid of bounty hunter. ..
cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:49:31 PM

iconomi bounty rewards was over 100 btc not a problem  price drop little bit when they started to trade on kraken, after 3 month they started to rise ! Edgeless project over 200 btc bounty rewards dont remember if trade was never under ico price GREAT ....DECENT 50 btc Bounty rewards(not sure about it could  less) after 1 years they still have to pay the bounty? what DECENT TEAM THINK ABOUT  ,we are all stupid? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin my  God guys open your eyes once forever.......
Pages: « 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 [374] 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 ... 588 »
  Print  

Jump to: