Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:09:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 227 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin XT - Officially #REKT (also goes for BIP101 fraud)  (Read 378930 times)
brg444 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:33:17 PM

And those who think they can wait forever are delusional. Time = money, you are about to experience it the hard way.

This is the crux of the argument for most BIP101 supporters. "If you don't support this single reckless proposal now, it means you are waiting forever and/or support only the status quo."

That's simply dishonest.

What's dishonest? As far as I know bitcoin still doesn't scale, still has a 1 mb limit and Core has no clear timely path to change this.

Prove me wrong.

Much work has already been done in this area, from substantial improvements in CPU bottlenecks, memory usage, network efficiency, and initial block download times, to algorithmic scaling in general. However, a number of key challenges still remain, each with many significant considerations and tradeoffs to evaluate. We have worked on Bitcoin scaling for years while safeguarding the network’s core features of decentralization, security, and permissionless innovation. We’re committed to ensuring the largest possible number of users benefit from Bitcoin, without eroding these fundamental values.

Core developers are responsible for Bitcoin having scaled to support current network load and are dedicated to continue advancing that way. You have no shame.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:33:38 PM

And those who think they can wait forever are delusional. Time = money, you are about to experience it the hard way.

This is the crux of the argument for most BIP101 supporters. "If you don't support this single reckless proposal now, it means you are waiting forever and/or support only the status quo."

That's simply dishonest.

What's dishonest? As far as I know bitcoin still doesn't scale, still has a 1 mb limit and Core has no clear timely path to change this.

Prove me wrong.
I thought you could read. He clearly stated what is dishonest, and you're fighting a straw man.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:40:44 PM

That's simply dishonest.

Prove me wrong.
I thought you could read. He clearly stated what is dishonest, and you're fighting a straw man.

Again it's not dishonest.  Their inactions are speaking louder than their actions. If they would have been really honest in solving the block size issue in a timely matter they would have communicated a clear path for doing so. Which they didn't.

THAT is either dishonest or incompetent. 

RoadTrain
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:50:09 PM

Again it's not dishonest.
It is, try to read once more. Your arguments have nothing to do with what poeEDgar has said.

Their inactions are speaking louder than their actions. If they would have been really honest in solving the block size issue in a timely matter they would have communicated a clear path for doing so. Which they didn't.

Inaction? brg444 has given you a summary of what has been done by them in the recent years for Bitcoin scalability.
Jesus Christ, why are they gathering in Montreal in two weeks then? Because they are dishonest or incompetent? Or maybe to try to find a solution?

It gets really pathetic.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:52:06 PM

That's simply dishonest.

Prove me wrong.

Again it's not dishonest.  Their inactions are speaking louder than their actions. If they would have been really honest in solving the block size issue in a timely matter they would have communicated a clear path for doing so. Which they didn't.

You were sold the lie that it was a pressing matter and that we should address it with urgency. What do you know anyway about their actions?

Much work has already been done in this area, from substantial improvements in CPU bottlenecks, memory usage, network efficiency, and initial block download times, to algorithmic scaling in general.

These guys have been busy fixing bottlenecks that necessarily meant your 8MB blocks would've been useless. They are the scalability champions of Bitcoin so far in its life and you impressionable noob would rather we side with two irresponsible defectors who themselves stifled technical discussion and consequently derailed the incentive to continue productive work toward resolution of the issue by wasting time doing damage control because of the XT fiasco.

Mike & Gavin's actions are the epitome of dishonesty and incompetence. I am absolutely joyous that they have shown their true face and their exile from the community will be a blessing.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:53:15 PM

It is, try to read once more. Your arguments have nothing to do with what poeEDgar has said.

Their inactions are speaking louder than their actions. If they would have been really honest in solving the block size issue in a timely matter they would have communicated a clear path for doing so. Which they didn't.

Inaction? brg444 has given you a summary of what has been done by them in the recent years for Bitcoin scalability.
Jesus Christ, why are they gathering in Montreal in two weeks then? Because they are dishonest or incompetent? Or maybe to try to find a solution?

It gets really pathetic.

Ok so where is the deadline then for those solutions then? Because it all come to this.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:57:25 PM

It gets really pathetic.

Ok so where is the deadline then for those solutions then? Because it all come to this.

Why should there be a deadline?

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:58:50 PM

It gets really pathetic.

Ask Coinwallet.

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:00:12 PM

It gets really pathetic.

Ask Coinwallet.

Anybody reported on Bitcoin being broken today? I don't see how these idiots throwing fees the miners way is somehow a problem.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:02:01 PM

It gets really pathetic.

Ask Coinwallet.

Anybody reported on Bitcoin being broken today? I don't see how these idiots throwing fees the miners way is somehow a problem.

Wait for all the noobs coming here in panic because their transactions don't make it through. That test is far from being over.

RoadTrain
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:03:03 PM

It gets really pathetic.

Deadline for implementing a yet-nonexistent solution -- that boggles my mind. I hope you understand what you are writing.

Your suggested feel of urgency only means that anyone can feed you anything pretending to scale Bitcoin and you will be happy to eat it. In this case, I see no point in continuing arguing with you.
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:08:41 PM

Wait for all the noobs coming here in panic because their transactions don't make it through. That test is far from being over.

Noobs will learn. That has no impact on the status of the Bitcoin network.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:11:26 PM

Actually this noob you are talking to is likely not to learn anything. Grin
brg444 (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:13:23 PM

Cheesy

Yes I commented on this issue here:

Until then it seems your head is too far up into your ass to make any kind of valid judgement.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:17:07 PM

It gets really pathetic.

Deadline for implementing a yet-nonexistent solution -- that boggles my mind. I hope you understand what you are writing.

Your suggested feel of urgency only means that anyone can feed you anything pretending to scale Bitcoin and you will be happy to eat it. In this case, I see no point in continuing arguing with you.

Having a clear scalability path in a clear time frame is what all of the big businesses need. Too bad you and Core are just too blind to see this but we are now facing the consequences. Now face it.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:18:19 PM

I guess this is good for adoption right?  Roll Eyes

brg444 (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:22:03 PM

I could careless about some noob having its bitcafe transaction delayed.

The only adopters I care about is those that will buy and hold. This has no impact on them.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:24:29 PM

Grin lemme guess..

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 08:28:27 PM

The only adopters I care about is those that will buy and hold. This has no impact on them.

adopters that will buy and hold, do so in the hopes one day everyone is doing "bitcafe transaction"

so maybe you should care?

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:28:59 PM

Both goes together, you should know that. No one is going to buy and hold if no one will be able to use these bitcoins at some point for either  buying a cafe or whatever else. Speculators speculate on real market movements. Crippling the block size can only cripple the market which will makes speculators fleeing away.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 227 »
  Print  

Jump to: