Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:45:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527646 times)
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:36:38 PM

EtherApe(for root) is nice for linux users to find IP's and to see what's talking and to where........
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:40:57 PM

I should have listened to my hunch. If what wolfen says is true - I'm going to cancel & get a refund......these things are too expensive to be messed about by bitmain shipping delay nonsense.

Don't know if you will be able to based on price they say below:

Yeah, those terms are another reason I was so unsure of buying - they;re terrible. Although, I do have family near where they are based........

I'm beginning to think that wolfen is talking BS to be honest - no email posted, too many firsts as you say, & all 134 of his posts are here in the S7 thread - too much of a coincidence.

Do Bitmain employ shills?
No shill here sir. No troll either. This is the first and only forum I have used.
I pretty much figured things out myself.
I have been waiting 7 weeks for my miners, it is exciting to see people get theirs.
I get and have gotten all my antminers from the Denver Bitmain office over the years. (s3,s3+,s5,s7)
I'm just a programmer. Older than dirt.
Denver offers $100 USA warranty so you don't have to send sick ones back to China.
Small price for quick turnaround.
Bitmain Denver 844-248-6246.
This is just how I purchase. Wanted to share. It's nice to help folks out
I was on the phone with a gentleman for an hour helping him get the s5 I sold him up and running.

Can you give more details?  I know they have support there.  But I honestly have not heard of a way to purchase through them, let alone a 100 dollar us warranty.

Who are you purchasing from at the office?   Can you show emails edited?  I just have a hard time believing it.
Did you get the post of email  from Yoshi?

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
wolfen

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 09:43:20 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 10:46:10 PM by wolfen

So happy so far with my Batch-1 s7 so I ordered a B2 one today. Wonder how long this one will take?  Wink
Also - why are the batch3's a tad more expensive than the batch-2's?

Batch 3 is 4.86 TH/s @ 600 MHz and Batch 2 is 4.66 TH/s @ 575 MHz.  200 GH/s difference and 1160 watts for Batch 2 verses 1210 watts for Batch 1 and 3.  They are both still 0.25 watts per GH
Interesting. My batch-1 s7 came with factory setting of 600mHz and is humming along perfectly at over 4.86 as reported by my pool. Guess I'll just have to goose the coming batch-2 one to the same and see how it does.

I believe the batch 2 are batch 1 rejects.  They were not mining to specifications they laid out for Batch 1.  However, they should work fine at 575 MHz instead of the 600 MHz originally quoted for Batch 1.

I agree with you dmwardjr, although Batch 1 left me with 5 of them running at 575 at 4.6th/s.  I did get a couple that maintain 600 at 4.8th/s.
Did you receive batch one at 575?

No, all of mine except 2 have been delivered at 600 and not marked, but under-performed at 3.9-4.2th/s.  After slowing down the fan to 30-35% and getting the heat up to about 55-62C and setting the S7 to 575 I could then achieve 4.6th/s.
This is excellent information
Must be what they did to mine.
This will save a bunch of experimentation

bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:34:53 PM

No, all of mine except 2 have been delivered at 600 and not marked, but under-performed at 3.9-4.2th/s.  After slowing down the fan to 30-35% and getting the heat up to about 55-62C and setting the S7 to 575 I could then achieve 4.6th/s.

Wait a minute -- Usually its the other way around ... cool off IC's/CPUs and they function better...

The antminer chips NEED heat??? Odd.

I know with the S2's, the hotter they ran, the more current they sucked. This summer the landlord at the office I was renting shut off the AC and the miners were running with 90+ degree F. intake air which made the chips cook at 75 C. to 80 C. I didn't notice any better hashrate with them.
wolfen

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:52:25 PM

So you need more heat AND less freq? Not just lower frequency?

dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:57:48 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 01:04:45 AM by dmwardjr

Wait a minute -- Usually its the other way around ... cool off IC's/CPUs and they function better...

The antminer chips NEED heat??? Odd.

I know with the S2's, the hotter they ran, the more current they sucked. This summer the landlord at the office I was renting shut off the AC and the miners were running with 90+ degree F. intake air which made the chips cook at 75 C. to 80 C. I didn't notice any better hashrate with them.

What I'm about to say is only speculation:

I'm pretty sure the fans will draw more current as the temperature rises.  When the fans turn at higher RPM's it results in more current draw.

As for higher hash rates and lower HW errors; this one blows my mind as well.  I know in the wire-line telephone industry, the amount of resistance we have in the cable per foot changes with temperature.  The cooler the temperature [Due to contraction - getting smaller in diameter] the wire would have more resistance per foot.  The warmer the temperature [Due to expansion - getting larger in diameter] the wire would have less resistance per foot.

I'm sure it probably gets more deep than just the resistance changing with temperature.  That's why I said someone with more experience in electronics might be able to elaborate on the subject.

The only thing I can "speculate" on is with the warmer temperatures and expansion of material and components in the blades possibly resulting in less resistance to impede transmission.  However, there is a breaking point at how hot is too hot where the material and components can break down.  I'm sure others with more experience would be able to elaborate on this with a more informative explanation than mine.  I'm only speculating.  That's it...

I know manufacturers of ASIC's have implemented circuits that are programed to throttle down an ASIC once it gets to a certain temperature and even shut the ASIC down once it gets to an even higher temperature to avoid potential meltdown and/or fire.

Edit: Once the rigs get above a certain temperature and potentially that creates even more expansion of materials that could be enough to affect the capacitance in the blades.  For example, the two copper wires with a poly-etholine coating on them in the wire-line telephone industry are twisted together.  These two wires are in essence a capacitor, which is at least 2 metal plates separated by an insulator(s).  Three things that affect the value of a capacitor is the size of the metal plates, distance between the plates and the material between the plates.  As the capacitance increases [Due to expansion - larger metal plates] higher frequencies are affected by this increase in capacitance.  I will not elaborate on how and why [Taking up too much space in the forum] but it does affect them.

So, the only thing I can speculate on is the resistance in the materials used in the blades decreases with temperature rise because of expansion.  This reduced resistance increases the hash rate and reduces the hardware errors.  However, if the temperature continues to rise to a point of creating considerable expansion of those materials to change the capacitance, it can affect the impedance in the blades so much that it reduces the hash rate and increases the HWE's.  Again, this was only speculation.

I know hybrids in carriers in the telephone industry have to be a certain impedance: 640 ohms for non-loaded pairs and 900 ohms for loaded pairs.  If we ever have a customer's line not loaded properly, it can change the impedance on the line [Making it not balanced with the hybrid in the carrier] and can potentially create echo-return-loss or reflection in the signal in certain situations.  That could be what is occurring when the temperature gets too radically hot above the high 60's or 70's; creating echo return loss or reflection of the transmission between components [because of a change in capacitance], which could increase errors and reduce hash rate.

That was my two cents.  It was given to encourage discussion and thought on the subject.  I promise, I will not curse out anyone this time if anyone was to chime in.   Grin

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:06:30 PM

I should have listened to my hunch. If what wolfen says is true - I'm going to cancel & get a refund......these things are too expensive to be messed about by bitmain shipping delay nonsense.

Don't know if you will be able to based on price they say below:

Yeah, those terms are another reason I was so unsure of buying - they;re terrible. Although, I do have family near where they are based........

I'm beginning to think that wolfen is talking BS to be honest - no email posted, too many firsts as you say, & all 134 of his posts are here in the S7 thread - too much of a coincidence.

Do Bitmain employ shills?
No shill here sir. No troll either. This is the first and only forum I have used.
I pretty much figured things out myself.
I have been waiting 7 weeks for my miners, it is exciting to see people get theirs.
I get and have gotten all my antminers from the Denver Bitmain office over the years. (s3,s3+,s5,s7)
I'm just a programmer. Older than dirt.
Denver offers $100 USA warranty so you don't have to send sick ones back to China.
Small price for quick turnaround.
Bitmain Denver 844-248-6246.
This is just how I purchase. Wanted to share. It's nice to help folks out
I was on the phone with a gentleman for an hour helping him get the s5 I sold him up and running.

Can you give more details?  I know they have support there.  But I honestly have not heard of a way to purchase through them, let alone a 100 dollar us warranty.

Who are you purchasing from at the office?   Can you show emails edited?  I just have a hard time believing it.
Did you get the post of email  from Yoshi?

I saw it but I don't believe it unless Yoshi confirms.  This buy US with a extra warranty seems to be something only you have done, which is odd.

I cant imagine going to support and ask to buy gear.  But I could be wrong Yoshi is a nice guy. 
wolfen

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:19:24 PM

I asked if I could mention this on the forum.
Have been buying from him since s3 days.
Just bought 3 more B2

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:23:28 PM

Do you have actual proof such as a transaction in blockchain?  Or anything that is true proof.

A email asking ... does not prove to me as it could be faked easily.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 11:26:34 PM

If anyone was following the problems I was having with my S7 a few pages back, I fixed the problem with a new PSU. The LEPA unit was indeed faulty (11.5V on the 12V) and instead I purchased an EVGA G2 1300W unit. So far so good, the unit is hashing at about 4.55 TH/s, but I'll try rebooting it in a moment to see if that ups the hashrate to the 4.8 TH/s range.
wolfen

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:31:55 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2015, 11:48:10 PM by wolfen

Do you have actual proof such as a transaction in blockchain?  Or anything that is true proof.

A email asking ... does not prove to me as it could be faked easily.
He takes PayPal also. I always use PayPal.
You can call his number and ask for sales

ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:40:57 PM

I like the ipreporter.exe for S7 that allows you to hit the button to the left of the ethernet cable and have the ip address pop up.

I recommend ipscan24 for finding devices on a network.

I use ipscan24 also.

My two S7's have been cranking along nicely.
36 hours - 4.80TH - 55C - 35% fans
36 hours - 4.85TH - 56C - 38% fans
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 11:55:28 PM

I'm pretty sure the fans will draw more current as the temperature rises.  When the fans turn at higher RPM's it results in more current draw.

When you enable fan %; the fans only draw the required power for that speed.  You can test this yourself by changing the fan speed and watching the changes on a kill a watt.

I think it's more likely those with default fans will have heatsinks fall off due to fan vibration, than those who use a low fan % with higher chip temps will burn out a chip; as the S7 has a heat sink on both sides of the chip.
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:01:37 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 12:15:01 AM by sloopy

Definitely go 220-240.

There are many pretend electricians around here and you will hear all sorts of things which may even make sense or sound true but it is someone you don't know who has an interpretation of the way things should be.
The only type of person to trust is someone who isn't afraid to backup what they claim with facts, pictures, and easily verifiable information. Items which can be verified through multiple sources.

We are talking about something which can burn down your house or business. When someone claims to have a training gig, or they know something because of something someone else taught them, bah, ask for a reference, but better yet, ask an electrician who actually has a license.

There are also electrician forums where those guys hang out and are happy to answer questions with references to back them up.
Be wary of someone who in an argument continues to claim they are right because they have previous experience in that area. To me, that is akin to claiming I am a fireman because I lived through a fire. Not quite the same is it?

I've obviously said things that have rubbed people in this forum [Like yourself] the wrong way.  I apologize to you and anyone else in this forum I have rubbed the wrong way.  As for advice on ANYTHING technical in these forums:  You, or anyone else, should be quite relieved not to hear anymore from me about anything "technical" from this day forward.  I leave that to you "professionals."

I apologized to dancer191 in PM's, deleted previous posts of mine to keep from trashing up this forum.

Everyone have a good day and may the blocks be with you!

No need to apologize to me, I was not speaking specifically about any one person. Reading back I can see where it could be taken as such. I saw the 240 conversation  and as you know that was one of the first things I did. I think people running 240 over 120 is right up there with exhaust and running at spec. I think you know we have both worked in different fields for decades and both are electrically based with many parts falling under the responsibility of an EE. Many times I am forced in that role due to various things.

The intention of my post was to stress how much each person must investigate each little thing for himself. They must have someone who can look at every circuit and make sure it is to spec. The NEC is there and code should always be followed except when the inspectors agree with something someone found which is an exception. There are many people who interpret things their way. I prefer to ask several people and you might remember me mentioning I have a friend who is a licensed electrician. He is a hardass. He isn't going to let me do anything shady "even though it would be OK" Oh he will say "Well, if that's the way you really want to do it..." "But, what I'd do is..."
I could not tell you what you and the other gentleman were debating at this moment. I had a few minutes to make a post this morning before leaving. I'd read some of the previous posts regarding a 220 / 240 circuit compared to 120 and wanted to chime in with my own opinion which in my mind at that moment had no bearing on one specific person. I am 100% serious regarding my previous post. People must be vigilant. Someone may see how happy we all are with our 240 and try to throw a breaker in, or someone tell them it is OK to throw the breaker in that wire will handle it, and they want to believe them so bad they do it.

I think some people are capable of following printed instructions and placing peg A in Slot B, but some people are not. I am confident everyone here has met someone who should not be plugging in a miner period. I want people to know the only thing they should do is have an electrician approve everything they do, or they should have an electrician do it and as notlist3d stated, they should ask a helluva lot of questions.

I also have no doubt there are plenty of people on this forum who know way more than most, have never been a licensed electrician, and from an understanding that is part talent, part experience, and maybe something shown to them a few times they understand how to create safe circuits. Unfortunately that does not mean it is code. The code is so screwed up in so many places, and the local good ol boy networks manipulate them as well if you do not have someone who knows their system sign off you may be asking for trouble.

I think if we took a poll we would find the people most qualified to hand out household circuit advice, or even laying out a full Main and sub with all circuits would not be so willing to do so, and be more of a mindset to tell someone to get their local electrician involved.

Maybe it is just me, but I seriously do think the electrical changes / work done by anyone who doesn't understand how power actually works and either knows the basic formulas or at least knows their meaning and where to look them up are people who are in need of onsite assistance.

Set aside the dangerous parts, losing your life, possibly killing many others, but in many, many places if you add a circuit without having an electrician OK everything and you have a fire because of what you added your insurance will tell you to kiss off. There are many of us capable of running circuits and calculating the load to the main or a sub to make sure we aren't exceeding it, yet that is the way. Where I live you must have a licensed electrician sign off on anything you do except change a wall outlet. You can't even add GFCI outlets without it, and while I think it is unfair for philosophical and political reasons (I think most would agree we have too much intervention from our governments and it is getting worse.) It is still a safer method.

It is anyone's choice on this forum to take matters into their own hands, just like it is anyone's choice anywhere. I do not feel as though we set a great example for many newbs. While it is their choice just like it is mine, I am also extremely safe, I usually get opinions from 4 or more people, I come up with what I think is not only the best current way, but plan for the future, and then take it all to an electrician. I have no doubt I would be fine to handle all of my electrical work, but that off-chance there is something I don't know about a particular breaker, I use the wrong box clamps or my main, or have a bone-headed moment I've had someone who knows the code, has the relationships with the local inspectors and utilities, along with being someone I've knows and trusted for many years.

I am recommending people truly do think safety first and  error on the side of caution. I would also recommend people who do know and are familiar keep telling people it is to their advantage to have an electrician visit. It usually doesn't cost to get a quote, and I love what the guy did with Craig's list. Picking up a good electrician that way should be easy, but look at credentials and insurance.

One last thing, liability can be a very fine line. Telling someone something is safe to do and a year later they burn their house down, well obviously it was their decision, but I know how I would feel as a person, and in today's sue sue sue world you never know what someone could pull out of a judge. It is too risky. So I speculate.

I hope this helps clarify and qualify what my opinion is.
Regarding you dmwardjr I think you have some great knowledge in many areas and the boxes you designed and built obviously teach some  of the very skills I mentioned in an excellent manner.
I do think if any of us are going to answer a question we should be thorough with safety first. It would be great if it was just another post, but there are serious ramifications with that information in the wrong hands. Along with that are disclaimers, I am not a licensed electrician, you should always confirm everything with a licensed electrician, and so on.

By the way, I am not a licensed electrician and there are a helluva lot more people on this forum and many others who know way more than I about electricity. That doesn't mean when I say I love 240 I haven't done the research as to why it is better, and I have done everything possible to learn more and more regarding inrush for all types of products, my local and national code in specific areas, and I always try to oversize but understand doing so to an extreme may cause you many other problems. So make sure you work with someone who is able to not only make you feel comfortable, but provide something to show you they know what they are talking about. It can't be a bunch of talk, it should be a license, or some other paper like being bonded / insured. If they back out of that then no dice.

Be safe with electrical, but gain the knowledge so there is not a need to be scared. You damn sure should be scared if you are skating on 25% of what you need to know, and you think you know 95%.
We do not know what we do not know in most situations, and that is where we may cause some of our biggest screwups.

When you look through life and line up all the bad things we usually start assigning those situations to others. My Dad ruined my childhood. My so and so did such and such, but when you stop to consider the one person you really should add to the lineup, you might find that person is the one who caused the most pain, embarrassment, or seriously messed up situations. There was only one person who was there for all of them, and while some aren't your fault, look at how many are, while being honest with yourself. You will come out the other side more energetic and have a new confidence once you learn it happens, it is ok, and now that you know it, you have a choice and the ability to correct the situation.

There is nothing wrong with being a little paranoid. There is nothing wrong with asking several people how to do something and picking through what you are told while prioritizing safety, and there is certainly nothing wrong with admitting you need some help. Always consider you may not know what you think you do. Getting the right person for the job will always be the least expensive and most safe. You have to break down before you build up. It doesn't matter who does it or for why, but like any addiction, you have to make up your mind to do it and for some that takes asking the right people for help.

I hope everyone has a great evening. DMwardJR you should have PMd me man, which I will PM you as soon as I can in a few. I have to buy a dress.
(No it isn't for me - all you sick minds out there Smiley)

I would enjoy hearing how other people feel about safety being a concern. Maybe you disagree and do not think it is collectively our responsibility? I enjoy hearing other's thoughts, ideas, and values.

Roll Tide  Wink

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:04:18 AM

When you enable fan %; the fans only draw the required power for that speed.  You can test this yourself by changing the fan speed and watching the changes on a kill a watt.

Yes, I totally agree with you.  I've done this myself before my kilowatt meter went out on me.  I've also seen this on youtube with fans hooked up to a meter.

I think it's more likely those with default fans will have heatsinks fall off due to fan vibration, than those who use a low fan % with higher chip temps will burn out a chip; as the S7 has a heat sink on both sides of the chip.

I could go along with that.  However, I'm sure there are multiple reasons why the rig runs better at a certain range of temperatures than other temperatures outside of those ranges.  Adjusting the fan speed while monitoring the hash rate and HWE's reveals this.

But yes, I could see the importance of fans at high enough RPM's to keep the temperature from going so high as to make the heat sinks fall off due to possible vibration.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 12:15:18 AM

Then why are you ignoring requests from members here to show us this email you got from bitmain? If you don't know how to upload a document/screenshot - I can help you.
The best I can do is let you know how I buy my miners.
Which I have done.
I would have to redact so much that it would be pointless.
How much have you spent on mining equipment in the last two years?

That's BS.

You post over 135 posts only in the S7 thread since it started saying you got the first this & the first that, shipping is perfect, bitmain are wonderful, you got emails from them, you got this & you got that - but as soon as anyone askes you corroborate what you say - you ignore them & then give feeble excuses.

Post proof or wolfen=bitmain shill. Official.

Try not to worry - I'm sure things will work out, it can be a little worrying with your first order from Bitmain, especially with the high prices they are charging, but I'm sure your miners will come eventually - it's just a case of when. Be patient. I know it's hard when we read about the horror stories about delivery - & posts like wolfen's certainly don't help. We can't make him prove himself, but if he can't, well, then we'll all know the truth. I heard they did have an official shill once, but he was terrible at it - so they sacked him  Wink
If you would kindly not start a conversation with yourself, that would be great. You were permabanned for doing just that, one would think you'd have learnt by now.

I saw it but I don't believe it unless Yoshi confirms.  This buy US with a extra warranty seems to be something only you have done, which is odd. I cant imagine going to support and ask to buy gear.  But I could be wrong Yoshi is a nice guy.
Last I heard Yoshi was doing a larger role then being involved with public sales. If it was true wouldn't he just post the email?

wolfen

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 12:36:58 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 02:15:01 AM by wolfen

Then why are you ignoring requests from members here to show us this email you got from bitmain? If you don't know how to upload a document/screenshot - I can help you.
The best I can do is let you know how I buy my miners.
Which I have done.
I would have to redact so much that it would be pointless.
How much have you spent on mining equipment in the last two years?

That's BS.

You post over 135 posts only in the S7 thread since it started saying you got the first this & the first that, shipping is perfect, bitmain are wonderful, you got emails from them, you got this & you got that - but as soon as anyone askes you corroborate what you say - you ignore them & then give feeble excuses.

Post proof or wolfen=bitmain shill. Official.

Try not to worry - I'm sure things will work out, it can be a little worrying with your first order from Bitmain, especially with the high prices they are charging, but I'm sure your miners will come eventually - it's just a case of when. Be patient. I know it's hard when we read about the horror stories about delivery - & posts like wolfen's certainly don't help. We can't make him prove himself, but if he can't, well, then we'll all know the truth. I heard they did have an official shill once, but he was terrible at it - so they sacked him  Wink
If you would kindly not start a conversation with yourself, that would be great. You were permabanned for doing just that, one would think you'd have learnt by now.

I saw it but I don't believe it unless Yoshi confirms.  This buy US with a extra warranty seems to be something only you have done, which is odd. I cant imagine going to support and ask to buy gear.  But I could be wrong Yoshi is a nice guy.
Last I heard Yoshi was doing a larger role then being involved with public sales. If it was true wouldn't he just post the email?
I don't know.
All I can post is what I do know.
Had no idea how nefarious the forum is.
Consider me schooled .
He does vip high dollar clients

dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:29:54 AM

I hope everyone has a great evening. DMwardJR you should have PMd me man, which I will PM you as soon as I can in a few. I have to buy a dress.
(No it isn't for me - all you sick minds out there Smiley)

I would enjoy hearing how other people feel about safety being a concern. Maybe you disagree and do not think it is collectively our responsibility? I enjoy hearing other's thoughts, ideas, and values.

Roll Tide  Wink

I agree with you 100% on everything you said in this post.

For the record:  I only encouraged someone to gain access [if possible] to 240 Volts instead of 120.  I did not know their situation or the particulars regarding where they lived (apartment, single family home, conjoined home with other homes, etc...), which would result in further questions.  We never got into any particulars.  I did say there is no limitation on a main service panel like there is for circuits inside of walls and/or conduit at 70 to 80 percent.  Then gave an example:  If a Main service is rated at 200 amps, that's the maximum it can do (200 amps).  dance191 and I simply got into a misunderstanding.  I can see where my statement could have been taken the wrong way by a newbie to electrical work.   Hence his reasoning for his statement.  While I was still stuck on not limiting the main service panel to 70 to 80 percent like the circuits connected to the main service panel.  Even though I was stuck on that, I should not have used the tone I had with him and I probably should have taken it to a PM.  

I also stated that I was pursuing getting my master's electrician license at one time to start my own business and stopped just shy of taking the test for my journeyman's license.  I saw how easy it was to get outbid by a competitor when starting my own electrical business while working for Marathon Electrical Contractors.  So, I ventured into a business partnership with my father training telephone technicians.  After all, I was in that line of work in the Marine Corp.  So, it was obvious I'm NOT a certified electrician.  You probably came in late in the ball game and never saw the posts I deleted.

I did send 2 or 3 PM's to you but you may have been busy at the time.  I did not know how to take the phrase "training gig."  I didn't know if you were being sarcastic or what.  I obviously took it as sarcasm.  Forgive me for jumping to conclusions.  When I did not receive a response from you via PM, I assumed I had offending you with my tone towards a fellow miner.

Most all of my posts on the subject were deleted by me except for the occasions where you may see someone quoted me.  I always make it clear I'm not licensed.  I have 3 years experience in electrical [All of it commercial; not residential] while working for the 2nd largest electrical contractor in the State of Alabama from May, 1994 to July, 1997.  Will I do electrical work for someone?  No, I'm not licensed, nor do I have insurance.  I don't want to be sued if something were to go wrong.  I'll do it for myself and that's it.

I'm actually paying for Marathon to add another 200 amps to my house in December.  I want something that major to be done by a licensed electrician and certified by an inspector so that I'm covered in the event something was to go wrong.  Especially, when I sell my house at some point in the future.  I will run all of my circuits from that new panel myself inside conduit to my mining closet.  I would rip out the conduit with their circuits before I move; leaving only the new panel still on the wall in the garage.  I want to take the 240V/30A outlets with me when I move as well.  This also means I would demo the mining closet and finish the downstairs recreation room where it's located before selling the home.  I may still keep the home just to have somewhere to stay if we should ever come back for any reason.  Might rent it out.  I'm just not sure yet.

But again, forgive me for jumping to conclusions about sarcasm after no response to my PM's.  I suppose I should have been more patient and waited for a response.

Good luck with the dress hunt.

ROLL TIDE!

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 03:51:36 AM

I don't know.
All I can post is what I do know.
Had no idea how nefarious the forum is.
Consider me schooled .
He does vip high dollar clients

Good to hear he's moved up, watching him fumble an install of S3s in a data center was painful.. We've all been there at some point...

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
clgrissom3
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032

Carl, aka Sonny :)

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 11:56:03 AM

It took a long time getting here but I'm really happy with my first S7.  After 2.5 days of running in the Toomim Bros data center, the speeds are holding steady in spite of really low temps in the DC, and HW errors have been 0.0018% the whole time.  I am keeping the fan speed control on auto for now as running at ~40C does not appear to be an issue with hash rate on this box.  I have 3 more coming online today or tomorrow so I'm dying to see how they perform.  My order/confirm date was 9/6/2015/

Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: