Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527642 times)
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:24:19 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 12:41:36 AM by bbOOmm

Angry Angry Angry

UUGH .... Now what ....

When I tracked my FedEx package ....

---------------------------------
Clearance Delay
Shipment requires importer's registration/identification number for clearance. (Examples include EIN, SSN, VAT, GST, RFC, etc.)
Recommended action:
Importer must provide the required registration/ identification number.
---------------------------------

Yet there is no button to push, no form to fill out, no option to fix.... nothing.

Not even an E-Mail from FedEx notifying me of a problem....

I called FedEx, I barely could understand the guy with his very heavy Indian accent, who said, after placing me on hold for 5 minutes...  someone will call me back.

Well, that's nice....  WTF!

At least the S7's made it to Wisconsin .... they are sitting 60 miles from me.  <sigh>

Well, I received a call back from FedEx... they say that they need more information from the SHIPPER (bitmain)... and that they are trying to contact them. - Oh joy joy.

I've never had an issue with FedEx, although this is actually my first international purchase using FedEx. Plus they were $20 cheaper on the shipping from Bitmain.

UPS -- I don't ship anything of value with UPS.... not since they speared a large and rather expensive package ( actually a wooden crate ) with a forklift, delivered it to my customer, the customer sent pictures to me and filed a damaged goods complaint with UPS, UPS tried to blame me for inadequate packaging ( when it was shipped to me in that same crate by UPS ), then UPS attempted to return the damaged package to me, but delivered it to the wrong address - never to be seen again....

So, if its worth more than $20, I ship by FedEx or request it be shipped by FedEx.

bbOOmm

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:34:13 AM

I know this is a bit off topic:

Does anyone have a recommendation for an exchange of some sorts to exchange bitcoin for actual physical gold in your hand [Not paper gold] in the United States?

Although I have not used them, I know several miners locally who use :::

https://www.amagimetals.com

I've been meaning to buy some "metals" but never was able to come up with a few extra bitcoins to do so while running older mining equip.  Hopefully that will change now with my purchase of the latest and greatest ( S7's )

alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:13:16 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation for an exchange of some sorts to exchange bitcoin for actual physical gold in your hand [Not paper gold] in the United States?

I've been meaning to buy some "metals" but never was able to come up with a few extra bitcoins to do so while running older mining equip.  Hopefully that will change now with my purchase of the latest and greatest ( S7's )

There's a thread on them, make sure you read it first.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:43:42 AM

Okay... I'll check out the thread first.  Thanks bbOOmm.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
UfoRia

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:52:55 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 03:23:50 AM by UfoRia

Interesting thing I noticed on my Batch 1 order I received a month late earlier this month.

I decided to change the airflow and vent into my garage for the winter since I live in Texas and we don't ever run the heater.

I chassis-connected all nine of my s7's that were delivered weeks after the Chinese holiday. I had noticed that two of the miners were always a little bit lower on 24 hour averages and seemed flaky. I have two miners that will randomly start throwing a mild amount of errors and switchover to my second and third pools, which I never thought much of to be honest.

When I took them all down from their prior mounts and connected them I noticed the rev dates on the hashing boards. I have seven 1.6 version boards, a single 1.5 and a single 1.4 board, guess which ones I am noticing the weirdness from...

Anyone else notice the flakiness from the 1.4/1.5 boards? After waiting for over a month I guess it surprised me that I got the older rev boards from B1.

Ufo

If I have been a help, my BTC donation address -> 1GUEqAzbMvwkY7hbb6bauhY6AkVoCSXDkp
bbOOmm

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:33:49 AM

Oh crap.... Nice HEADS UP! on that thread... I did not know about that thread and now am looking a little sideways at Amagimetals ... or who ever they are.

They ~~WERE~~ a decent company, great communications, fast transactions etc, from what I was hearing. But alas, scammyness from greed seems to be commonplace with anything Bitcoin whether its equipment, actual cryptocurrency or even marketplaces / exchanges. 

My bad for not verifying before recommending...

sorry.
bbOOmm

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:36:43 AM

Oh crap.... Nice HEADS UP! on that thread... I did not know about that thread and now am looking a little sideways at Amagimetals ... or who ever they are.

They ~~WERE~~ a decent company, great communications, fast transactions etc, from what I was hearing. But alas, scammyness from greed seems to be commonplace with anything Bitcoin whether its equipment, actual cryptocurrency or even marketplaces / exchanges. 

sorry.

I think I'll stick to incinerating IC chips and circuit boards and chemically separating / refining the gold and silver for now....
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:40:28 AM

sorry.

I just finished reading several pages of the thread as well.  It's no problem.  I want to find reviews on a company before I conduct business with them anyway.

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 06:18:25 AM

Interesting thing I noticed on my Batch 1 order I received a month late earlier this month.

I decided to change the airflow and vent into my garage for the winter since I live in Texas and we don't ever run the heater.

I chassis-connected all nine of my s7's that were delivered weeks after the Chinese holiday. I had noticed that two of the miners were always a little bit lower on 24 hour averages and seemed flaky. I have two miners that will randomly start throwing a mild amount of errors and switchover to my second and third pools, which I never thought much of to be honest.

When I took them all down from their prior mounts and connected them I noticed the rev dates on the hashing boards. I have seven 1.6 version boards, a single 1.5 and a single 1.4 board, guess which ones I am noticing the weirdness from...

Anyone else notice the flakiness from the 1.4/1.5 boards? After waiting for over a month I guess it surprised me that I got the older rev boards from B1.

Ufo

My early B1 is even worst, V1.3. So much for ordering early. 2 of the boards didn't work, later found out they have loose chips. This board doesn't work with controller with later version hash boards. My second B1 and B3 came with V1.7.  It does hash at 1.62 TH (running it by itself) on average.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:40:38 PM

Ufo

My early B1 is even worst, V1.3. So much for ordering early. 2 of the boards didn't work, later found out they have loose chips. This board doesn't work with controller with later version hash boards. My second B1 and B3 came with V1.7.  It does hash at 1.62 TH (running it by itself) on average.
This is good information. Do you have to pull the boards to see the revision?
I imagine the rear fan has to come off to pull the boards.
They are not connected to anything internally. Just the external hash connector and the three pcie.
And my middle hash board is not as snug as the other two.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 12:48:29 PM

Ufo

They are not connected to anything internally. Just the external hash connector and the three pcie.

I just checked my Batch 1 which was shipped about the 14-15th and all 3 boards are V1.5 and have had no problem to report. I run at 612 freq and get 4.85TH/s
wolfen

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:29:44 PM

Running against nicehash.
S5's would every so often crash the os against nicehash as it was switching rentals.
My remote pdu allowed me to cycle the power and bring them back up.
The s5's are gone now.

Just now my first s7 had the os crash with nicehash.
Did the remote pdu power recycle and it is back hashing away.
More of an impact when 5th are taken out rather than the 1th.

wolfen

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:32:41 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 04:07:47 PM by wolfen

Ufo

My early B1 is even worst, V1.3. So much for ordering early. 2 of the boards didn't work, later found out they have loose chips. This board doesn't work with controller with later version hash boards. My second B1 and B3 came with V1.7.  It does hash at 1.62 TH (running it by itself) on average.

I just checked my Batch 1 which was shipped about the 14-15th and all 3 boards are V1.5 and have had no problem to report. I run at 612 freq and get 4.85TH/s
The revision in on the hash board at the top at the back as you look at the right hand side of the board.
The one I just put a fan on has three v1.4 boards.
It runs 600 and 4.86ths

PPOC

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:45:07 AM

Does anybody know of any decent data center for miners in Southern California?

I have no clue where to look for a data center ( with the exception to a multi-level underground nuclear hardened facility out in Iowa ).... what questions to ask.... what to watch out for.... etc.

I would think that data centers would not like to have average joe schmos putting their equipment in their centers that have large corporations and what not hosted there.... just out of security sake.

great north data is really pretty good

http://www.greatnorthdata.com/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=400812

Canada Based.  My next order from bitmaintech and or avalon will be going to his place

What are they charging per kw? assuming you buy like 10,000? Any setup fees or other maintenance fees?

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:43:14 AM

ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 119357 times)

Sold Out

Edit your title! there is no s7 available on your site at this moment!
bbOOmm

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 06:55:05 AM

Bitmain, any plan to make a 2 board model with S5 style heatsink ?
That is probably what they are doing, there was a mention of a 3.x TH/s S7 somewhere in this thread. Something about being competitive with another 3,x TH/s miner coming out from another company
bbOOmm

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 07:06:14 AM

Clearance delay
WAUKESHA, WI

Ship date:
Fri 10/30/2015
SHENZHEN CN

Scheduled delivery:
Pending
KEWASKUM, WI US

Shipment requires importer's registration/identification number for clearance. (Examples include EIN, SSN, VAT, GST, RFC, etc.)

Recommended action:
Importer must provide the required registration/ identification number.

No scheduled delivery date available at this time.

------------

Still stuck. Come on Bitmain, Send the info required to FedEx so I can get my miners....
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:03:03 AM

ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 119357 times)

Sold Out

Edit your title! there is no s7 available on your site at this moment!

I agree. They really should put more support in this thread since this forum is probably 99% of all their sales.

vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:11:44 AM

Anyone powered his S7 using only 1 PCi-E 6 per board ?
I have powered them with only 1 cable per board for the last 2 days and they were working fine
Just today I read somewhere that it actually needs all 3 cables per board.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:03:48 AM

Anyone powered his S7 using only 1 PCi-E 6 per board ?
I have powered them with only 1 cable per board for the last 2 days and they were working fine
Just today I read somewhere that it actually needs all 3 cables per board.

Depends on the gauge wire on your PCI-e cables.  It's a bit risky to do it with only one.  Two 16 AWG PCI-e cords will do fine.  Mine are at room temperature with only 2 x 16 AWG PCI-e cords.  J4berrwock's 16 AWG cords are the ones I'm using.

Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: