Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Quickseller escrowing for himself  (Read 33609 times)
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:45:42 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 12:57:09 AM by worhiper_-_

Seems like tspacepilot was hacked? There must be some serious conflict of interest between what he's doing and cetain people for such a thing to happen.

dooglus, any proof that the person that contacted you was the authentic tspacepilot?

doog removed the feedback  Huh
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:17:05 AM

Seems like tspacepilot was hacked? There must be some serious conflict of interest between what he's doing and cetain people for such a thing to happen.

dooglus, any proof that the person that contacted you was the authentic tspacepilot?

I'm pretty sure it was tsp who contacted me, and that his account is back under his control.

Don't use a 'secret question' on your account, people. And scammers, when trying to compromise accounts by guessing their secret answers, don't be stupid!

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:25:12 AM

I was contacted by ts telling me theymos helped recover the account. Hope all is well.
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:27:13 AM

I'm pretty sure it was tsp who contacted me, and that his account is back under his control.

Don't use a 'secret question' on your account, people. And scammers, when trying to compromise accounts by guessing their secret answers, don't be stupid!

So am I to believe that some party attempted / succeeded to hack the tspacepilot account? That would tell me they're pissing of the right people. Just be careful, cause obviously you've become a target to at least one criminal.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8935

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 01:30:31 AM

Meaning "don't use the same IP that you use with your many alts"? Grin

And I thought this drama can't get any dramier.
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:11:20 PM

Lol. You did not find my alt. you were tipped off about Panthers being my alt. You were told to delete the PMs (and so would the person who you were messaging) so the PMs would be deleted from the forums DB. However both you and the person you were colluding with vastly underestimated me.

Pathetic. Goodbye.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 04:56:04 PM

Are you willing to put 5BTC into escrow that would be due me and to leave forever if I can prove my allegations to be correct? Do you explicitly deny my allegations?

Isn't this termed as extortion or is it a joke?

You seem to be highly affected by these recent incidents and hence making such claims.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:09:15 PM

Are you willing to put 5BTC into escrow that would be due me and to leave forever if I can prove my allegations to be correct? Do you explicitly deny my allegations?

Isn't this termed as extortion or is it a joke?
It is a serious offer. If there is really no basis to my claims then tspacepilot would have no reason to hesitate to accept my offer.

I do have my doubts that tspacepilot was *actually* hacked though. Cheesy
tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:20:17 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 05:35:19 PM by tspacepilot

It is a serious offer. If there is really no basis to my claims then tspacepilot would have no reason to hesitate to accept my offer.

Okay, here's an equally serious offer:

Are you willing to put 5BTC into escrow and to leave this forum forever if I will prove that you are an unrepentant arsehole?

If there's really no basis to my claim then you would have no reason to hestitate to accept my offer.  Roll Eyes

@erikalui: It's not extortion though, it's just nonsense.  Extortion is usually where someone demands payment in order to not reveal something damaging.  In this case:

(1) QS isn't threating to reveal unless I pay, he's asking for me to pay for him to reveal something which I suppose he thinks is damaging to me; this why I keep emphasizing the craziness here.  If he did have something damaging on me, why I would pay for him to reveal it?  It's a ludicrous proposition so we probably don't need to give it any more of our attention.

(2) It isn't clear at all what he's even talking about.  "Collusion" is wrong in, say, a poker game, where people if two or more people at the table are working as a team without the rest of the game knowing, they gain an unfair advantage.  Or, as Blazedout419 was talking about, in an escrow situation where, again, the assumption is that al the parties are mutually self-interested and not having an interest in each other's outcome.  But in general in life, "collusion" is simply called "collaboration" and there's not anything wrong with two people working together on a shared goal.  In any case, I already said how I knew that Panthers52 was QS, it wasn't hard to realize if you've been harrassed by him for as long as I have.  He has a certain je ne sais quois which is a kinda like a big blinking lighthouse, once you've had the "opportunity" to experience it as often as I have.

I think that's all I'm gonna say about QS' "offer".  I don't imagine anyone is going to pay him 5BTC to "reveal his proof", so we may as well either let this thread die, it seems that everything which needed to be said about QS' self-escrow scheme has been said, or else turn back to that topic if there's really something more to talk about which is actually on-topic.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:45:10 PM

Okay, here's an equally serious offer:

Are you willing to put 5BTC into escrow and to leave this forum forever if I will prove that you are an unrepentant arsehole?

If there's really no basis to my claim then you would have no reason to hestitate to accept my offer.  Roll Eyes
That is an opinion and would be impossible to prove. If you would be willing to pay the escrow fee, and agree to certain conditions as to when I would have my money returned to me then yes I would agree to that.

I am also unsure as to why you are speaking in that dialect as where you are from and where you live generally does not have anyone that speaks in that dialect.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3084

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 08:21:59 AM

Has everyone that paid escrow fees to Quickseller been paid back?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
eneilwex

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 08:29:33 AM

Quickseller, I would be interested to know if anyone has used you as escrow since all of these went down.

Has anyone used Quicksellers escrow service since he was exposed for escrowing his own deals?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 08:32:47 AM

Do you expect him to answer honestly, on his last hours on the forum before he takes a break?

He told everyone he was banned for three days, just to boost the credibility of his escrow alts.  You can't trust a word the guy types.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:34:46 AM

Has everyone that paid escrow fees to Quickseller been paid back?

afaik he didnt contact his customers just waits for them to find out and contact him - in which case he publicly promised to pay back.

so i'd say: no he didnt. but obviously i can't proof it.

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:34:55 AM

Quickseller, I would be interested to know if anyone has used you as escrow since all of these went down.

Has anyone used Quicksellers escrow service since he was exposed for escrowing his own deals?
Someone had asked me to act as escrow for them, which I declined to do.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:51:03 AM

He told everyone he was banned for three days, just to boost the credibility of his escrow alts. 
That is not true actually. The personal text that was implying that I was banned was put up nearly two days prior to this thread being opened. The fake ban was an attempt to insulate me from what was effectively an unpopular opinion, and an attempt to get these questions that were poised to tspacepilot answered after I had poised similar questions from my QS account.....questions, BTW which have still not be addressed.

The OP was created September 04, 2015, 08:10:14 PM, and I posted, implying that I was banned (despite having a personal text implying as much, for ~2 days), on September 05, 2015, 05:13:00 AM.

The only posts/quotes in this thread that discussed if it was right to use yourself as escrow that were made in the ~21 hours between when the OP was made and when I implied I was banned are:
--snip--
 Would I be shocked that quickseller escrowed for himself? No. I've seen other high ranked members do it.
--snip--

It's fundamentally wrong for someone to escrow for themselves. At the very least they force the other trader to pay an escrow fee to themselves, which is dishonest. And they completely control the situation so the other trader could get scammed and wouldn't be able to do anything, someone with tons of rep like QS could destroy anyone's rep....

--snip--
Which is hardly the outcry that we are seeing now, despite more then sufficient time for others to post.

Additionally, the posts that were made prior to my specifically implying that I was banned were hardly supportive of tspacepilot's "experiment",

this proves nothing other than Panthers52 talks in similar way as Quickseller.
Yamato has a point right?  All your analysis does is say their posts are written in a similar manner.  Can you do some statistical test to show how likely that is just random chance? e.g. a t-test?

Additionally:
Since you already wrote this and have it working why are you against further experiments? Don't you just need to change the member link?
Roll Eyes
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 08:54:21 AM

That is not true actually. The personal text that was implying that I was banned was put up nearly two days prior to this thread being opened. The fake ban was an attempt to insulate me from what was effectively an unpopular opinion

Whatever you call it QS.  I'm sure the forum will produce other escrows that do not need to lie about being banned.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 08:55:15 AM

That is not true actually. The personal text that was implying that I was banned was put up nearly two days prior to this thread being opened. The fake ban was an attempt to insulate me from what was effectively an unpopular opinion

Whatever you call it QS.  I'm sure the forum will produce other escrows that do not need to lie about being banned.
You are an idiot

edit: and a troll

edit2: and are very easily manipulated. (I also thought you were no longer taking anon reports of "scams" anymore)
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 08:59:48 AM

Whatever you call it QS.  I'm sure the forum will produce other escrows that do not need to lie about being banned.
You are an idiot

I appreciate it.  All the support you gave me while you are scamming others has troubled me since I returned.  I'm glad we are no longer in professional association.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 11:32:36 AM

Whatever you call it QS.  I'm sure the forum will produce other escrows that do not need to lie about being banned.
You are an idiot

I appreciate it.  All the support you gave me while you are scamming others has troubled me since I returned.  I'm glad we are no longer in professional association.
You can't make a fact based argument. I made several arguments as to why I am not in the wrong and you respond with a generalized statement saying I lied while ignoring all of my arguments.

I also do not seeing you trolling tomatocage the way you are trolling me and he did the exact same thing I did, nor do I see that you left him any kind of trust for escrowing for himself. Not only that but he changed his story almost every post when questioned about it. Do you know why this is? It is because you are not willing to stand behind you statements but instead take the easy road. 

This is not about my trust and this is not about being on DT. I was asked a long time ago for an unknown alt of mine by at least level 1 DT so I can continue my work. So I could just as well abandon my QS account. This is about protecting the respect that I have built up, and for standing up for what I believe is right, even if that might not be the easy thing to do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: