Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:02:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Quickseller escrowing for himself  (Read 33609 times)
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2218

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:34:14 PM

Anyone who wants to set up an auto bot to replicate Quicksellers negative feedback / trust against day old newbies wanting to sell via PayPal and other reversible fund types where "use escrow" and similar language persuading newbies to use their/any escrow services might want to seek out a legal opinion first before they hand out rough justice for historical "suspicion".

It's the Government agencies that'll be coming for you.

Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:39:05 PM

Anyone who wants to set up an auto bot to replicate Quicksellers negative feedback / trust against day old newbies wanting to sell via PayPal and other reversible fund types where "use escrow" and similar language persuading newbies to use their/any escrow services might want to seek out a legal opinion first before they hand out rough justice for historical "suspicion".

What are you on about? If people want to put effort in to tracking down alt accounts, the only possible person who would be affected is the forum owner whose resources you are using (in minuscule amounts).

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:39:26 PM

Don't dox QuickSeller. The forum hath decided with negative trust and loss of DT status. Anything more is just out of spite/anger and harms this forum more than helping it.

Agreed. QS has learned his lession, and i believe the good he has done catching scammers and alike outweighs the incident with the escrow.
And BS with the court on the other side needs to stop aswell, you're looking like a bunch of kids tossing blames, aint that funny anymore.

I was originally saying that I wished for Vod to stop libeling my reputation and that I would take legal action if necessary. Then TF decided to step in and offer money to fund legal action against Vod.

I do not think it is unreasonable to ask that someone not spread lies about you that is damaging to your reputation.

How would you like it if I were to start spreading BS about you. BS that could potentially escalate to people who have very good reason to dislike you having the ability to potentially to bad things to you. I am obviously not going to do this, but I am certain that you would not like this.
dadice

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

DaDice Administration

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:42:44 PM

I said I wanted you to leave the forum.

Yes I want him to to leave too. However that is not the solution of the problem. You yourself mentioned a moment ago about two more accounts he has!

<- My trust rating is a joke, due to the poor and worthless implementation of trust ratings at bitcointalk.org
scambuster?

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:45:22 PM

How would you like it if I were to start spreading BS about you. BS that could potentially escalate to people who have very good reason to dislike you having the ability to potentially to bad things to you. I am obviously not going to do this, but I am certain that you would not like this.

LOL, you done this to alot of people already and now sit back and enjoy your ride down to your own sin  Grin

oh wait, you probably gonna say "they are scammer or potential scammer " bla bla bla, someone who escrow their own trade is potential scammer as well LOL

come and twist some words, I know you are good at this QS

Yes I want him to to leave too. However that is not the solution of the problem. You yourself mentioned a moment ago about two more accounts he has!

Release the dox anyway, he brings wrath to his own
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:46:47 PM

What are you on about? If people want to put effort in to tracking down alt accounts, the only possible person who would be affected is the forum owner whose resources you are using (in minuscule amounts).

No, no, I'm all for outting the Alt accounts of Quickseller and the like, I can''t find the original post to quote it, someone was suggesting that because Quickseller has been removed from the Default Trust that an auto bot be set up to replicate all of the negative trust arbitrarily handed out by Quickseller using a DT auto bot.

Which, as I was saying above would include "use escrow" in their negative trust / feedback.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:49:34 PM

HHmmm...

Quickseller is offline and a new account scambuster? is created... IDK... another Alt of Quickseller?

tspacepilot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:50:11 PM

Agreed. QS has learned his lession, and i believe the good he has done catching scammers and alike outweighs the incident with the escrow.
And BS with the court on the other side needs to stop aswell, you're looking like a bunch of kids tossing blames, aint that funny anymore.

I think you're only kinda right on this, ajareselde.  One thing this incident has highlighted for a lot of people is the extreme volitility and duplicity of QS.  He's okay with deception, as long as it's the kind of deception he can rationalize.  He's okay with using sockpuppets and half-reasoned intutions to ruin other people's reputation, but when he feels like someone is falsely accusing him, he flies completely off the handle.  If all QS had been doing was some small-potatoes escrow scamming for the fee, then sure, we've certainly seen bigger crimes.  But this is a guy who was "highly respected".  Even now, you say that he did a lot of good "catching scammers".  I know that once I was falsely accused, I saw that QS' ratings tended to fall into two categories:

1) cheap, easy neg-reps on complete newbie accounts who didn't seem to have taken the time to read the rules
2) he butts into a disputed trade and decides precipitously for one party or the other, considers his judgment infallible, calls troll/scammer on anyone who protests, and then moves on

In my opinion, someone with such a volitile personality is a dangerous person to put into a position of power, and now that this incident has highlighted his MO for the wider community, I think it'd be a good idea for someone with a more impartial approach to look again at some of the more controversial QS ratings.  Note, crucially, he has yet to accept the value of an impartial opinion.  For him, there is only right or wrong, and he considers himself very good at finding the right.  He can't seem to imagine that there are very often in life two or more "rights" and that it takes a very careful, self-aware person to weigh these kinds of things.

It's not clear at all to me that he has "learned his lesson", as you said.
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:52:13 PM

LOL, you done this to alot of people already and now sit back and enjoy your ride down to your own sin  Grin

oh wait, you probably gonna say "they are scammer or potential scammer " bla bla bla, someone who escrow their own trade is potential scammer as well LOL

come and twist some words, I know you are good at this QS

Release the dox anyway, he brings wrath to his own

I'm trying to get info on the parents I haven't figured out if QS is a minor. Dox WILL be released. I've just stated what I want so I can quote these old posts when people are blowing up asking why I'm doing this to QS. Because you can't shutup QS.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 04:55:05 PM

I'm trying to get info on the parents I haven't figured out if QS is a minor. Dox WILL be released. I've just stated what I want so I can quote these old posts when people are blowing up asking why I'm doing this to QS. Because you can't shutup QS.

Release the dox - the longer you wait, the more it seems you are just pounding your chest like Quickscammer.   Undecided

I should sue the piss out of that idiot just to make a point.  I don't lie, and everything I have said about him is factual.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
scambuster?

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:55:49 PM

HHmmm...

Quickseller is offline and a new account scambuster? is created... IDK... another Alt of Quickseller?

absolutely no, cant you read that from my post that I actually dislike QS?

He has not learned anything yet, just look at his abstract word twisting post that attempted to call put vod. Release the dox and let him know what wrath that he bring to himself

I'm trying to get info on the parents

Please leave his / her parents out of this or child/wife/husband. All personal things about himself is fine and there is no need to include his family
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3083

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 05:01:22 PM

Please leave his / her parents out of this or child/wife/husband. All personal things about himself is fine and there is no need to include his family

If Quickscammer is using his parent's/families computer equipment to commit fraud, absolutely they need to be included.  They need to supervise their children, as they are ultimately responsible for them.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:04:20 PM

I think you're only kinda right on this, ajareselde.  One thing this incident has highlighted for a lot of people is the extreme volitility and duplicity of QS.  He's okay with deception, as long as it's the kind of deception he can rationalize.  He's okay with using sockpuppets and half-reasoned intutions to ruin other people's reputation, but when he feels like someone is falsely accusing him, he flies completely off the handle.  If all QS had been doing was some small-potatoes escrow scamming for the fee, then sure, we've certainly seen bigger crimes.  But this is a guy who was "highly respected".  Even now, you say that he did a lot of good "catching scammers".  I know that once I was falsely accused, I saw that QS' ratings tended to fall into two categories:

1) cheap, easy neg-reps on complete newbie accounts who didn't seem to have taken the time to read the rules
2) he butts into a disputed trade and decides precipitously for one party or the other, considers his judgment infallible, calls troll/scammer on anyone who protests, and then moves on

In my opinion, someone with such a volitile personality is a dangerous person to put into a position of power, and now that this incident has highlighted his MO for the wider community, I think it'd be a good idea for someone with a more impartial approach to look again at some of the more controversial QS ratings.  Note, crucially, he has yet to accept the value of an impartial opinion.  For him, there is only right or wrong, and he considers himself very good at finding the right.  He can't seem to imagine that there are very often in life two or more "rights" and that it takes a very careful, self-aware person to weigh these kinds of things.

I see your point, but without being on DT anymore, there's little he can do if the member he "attacks" is innocent.
scambuster?

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:07:42 PM

I see your point, but without being on DT anymore, there's little he can do if the member he "attacks" is innocent.

He can just bust innocent people to make himself look trustworthy again. Scam bust here and there and woof get back to DT? who knows that happened before anyway.

If Quickscammer is using his parent's/families computer equipment to commit fraud, absolutely they need to be included.  They need to supervise their children, as they are ultimately responsible for them.

I disagree. Parents are in no way responsible for what he did in the internet, it is not like you can watch over your kids 24/7 in the internet
dadice

DaDice Administration

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:07:55 PM

If Quickscammer is using his parent's/families computer equipment to commit fraud, absolutely they need to be included.  They need to supervise their children, as they are ultimately responsible for them.

Exactly and especially if QS is indeed a minor!

<- My trust rating is a joke, due to the poor and worthless implementation of trust ratings at bitcointalk.org
The Scam Hunter

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:09:16 PM

I am forced to agree with scambuster.

This is QuickSeller's issue so you must leave friends & family out of this! It is not fair to harass others.
onemorexmr

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:09:50 PM

I disagree. Parents are in no way responsible for what he did in the internet, it is not like you can watch over your kids 24/7 in the internet

if he is a minor they are!
btw they dont need to watch him/her 24/7 to be responsible. parenting doesnt work that way.

EDIT: do i smell fear?

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
scambuster?

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:14:32 PM

shadow runner got his age ofcourse, then if he is over 18 then leave his parents out. He is responsible for himself
dadice

DaDice Administration

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:17:06 PM

shadow runner got his age ofcourse, then if he is over 18 then leave his parents out. He is responsible for himself

Shadow Runner just mentioned that he hasn't figured out yet if QS is a minor or not, so he is looking into info on the parents.

The Scam Hunter

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:17:39 PM

This is great wisdom so everyone must listen to it. you shouldn't involve other people in this because it is plain wrong. Nobody should contact parents & friends & family of QuickSeller
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: