Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:42:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: We have two options
We reward 2.5 coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
We reward 5 coins per block after block 60 100 and 60 seconds per block.
We reward 1 coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
We reward 2 coins per block after block 60 100 and 60 seconds per block.
We reward 1% POS coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
We reward 1% POS coins per block after block 60 100 and 60 seconds per block.
We keep everything like it is.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEPS] Let's make a new altcoin environment  (Read 193110 times)
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:49:34 PM

General idea is to we pay for using web wallet? That sounds weird. Do we own private keys there? Is there any insurance for funds held there? If not, i dont see why on earth would anyone pay to use web wallet, which is most unsecure way to store your coins btw. It would be miracle if lot of ppl pay to store their coins on web.

Thank you for your question and I can answer as follow:

To use the online Steps Wallet on our website is free!

The service we launched will be for new coins, as soon as a coin will launch we will compile a wallet (within 24 hours) this way you can safely   mine coins and send them to our online wallet service.

The easiest to explain is to give you an example, one of our community members mined LunarCoin at launch, he downloaded the wallet to his computer and it was infected with a trojan, all his coins was hacked!

With this service you can send coins to the online wallet without the risk of downloading the wallet to your computer and expose yourself, once coin is listed on an exchange or you are completely sure the wallet is clean you can send the coins to your preferred wallet.

Indeed with new wallets there is a risk that developers will not deliver and I will advise you to read our terms of use once Steps Stay Safe is live tonight.

Dont get me wrong, i am in STEPS and i think it is good coin but this step with inventing web wallet is just too funny roflmao. Web wallets are invented long time ago and are considered as most insecure way to store your coins. I was waiting this announcement and just saw what it is, i cant stop laughing.

We discussed this project with numerous community members, take note that this is for new wallets at launch, it is very high risk to download new wallets. I am sure some community members will confirm it to you, not funny if you lost all your Steps because of a new wallet with Virus.

It is no laughing matter if your wallets get hacked because you downloaded a infected wallet. As pointed out before, the Lunar Wallet was clean according to Virus Total, well it was not clean and we all know what happened!!!

Educating ppl to use virtual machine when install any new wallet could have great impact on security and is not to complicated to do. I am car mechanic and never had problems with viruses. It is just sad when ppl who are deep in cryptography dont care about security.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andrepierre

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:52:39 PM

General idea is to we pay for using web wallet? That sounds weird. Do we own private keys there? Is there any insurance for funds held there? If not, i dont see why on earth would anyone pay to use web wallet, which is most unsecure way to store your coins btw. It would be miracle if lot of ppl pay to store their coins on web.

The service we launched will be for new coins, as soon as a coin will launch we will compile a wallet (within 24 hours) this way you can safely   mine coins and send them to our online wallet service.

The easiest to explain is to give you an example, one of our community members mined LunarCoin at launch, he downloaded the wallet to his computer and it was infected with a trojan, all his coins was hacked!

With this service you can send coins to the online wallet without the risk of downloading the wallet to your computer and expose yourself, once coin is listed on an exchange or you are completely sure the wallet is clean you can send the coins to your preferred wallet.

Indeed with new wallets there is a risk that developers will not deliver and I will advise you to read our terms of use once Steps Stay Safe is live tonight.

Dont get me wrong, i am in STEPS and i think it is good coin but this step with inventing web wallet is just too funny roflmao. Web wallets are invented long time ago and are considered as most insecure way to store your coins. I was waiting this announcement and just saw what it is, i cant stop laughing.

We discussed this project with numerous community members, take note that this is for new wallets at launch, it is very high risk to download new wallets. I am sure some community members will confirm it to you, not funny if you lost all your Steps because of a new wallet with Virus.

It is no laughing matter if your wallets get hacked because you downloaded a infected wallet. As pointed out before, the Lunar Wallet was clean according to Virus Total, well it was not clean and we all know what happened!!!

Educating ppl to use virtual machine when install any new wallet could have great impact on security and is not to complicated to do. I am car mechanic and never had problems with viruses. It is just sad when ppl who are deep in cryptography dont care about security.

We done some thorough research in this matter and your average miner want a easy, uncomplicated way in storing his coins.
croato

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 01:00:13 PM

I tought secure wallet will be something like desktop client just with 2fa or something. I guess that would do the trick. Web wallets can be simple to use but are way to unsecure. They can be also targets for hackers, maybe even better targets than users. Also, in my opinion, if you dont have keys, house is not yours if you know what i mean.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:17:17 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2015, 03:27:32 PM by qiwoman2

Steps Stay Safe is an online tool, which enables you to store, use and manage different cryptocurrencies.

Over the last few months more and more new coins launched with viruses and trojans. Miners lost a substantial amount of coins being hacked and lost trust in the launch of new coins.

We at AltcoinSteps looked into this problem and came up with the idea of “Steps Stay Safe”. Our solution is to implement a new multi wallet for newly launched coins and older coins as requested by the community.

This online multi-wallet will have the added security of 2fa. We will download wallets from source. This way miners can mine and store coins online. No need to risk and download a new wallet to your computer till you’re sure the wallet is virus and trojan free or you can send your mined coins to an exchange.

If a wallet is broken at any point we can do everything to provide a fix and work with its dev if he is interested, but in the case a wallet cannot be fixed we will not take responsibility for loss of coins.

The fee for this service will be 250 Steps per wallet, 50% of the Steps will be burned and the rest will be put into our development fund.

We will do our best to download new wallets within 24 hours of a coin launch and developers and miners can request to add wallets to our service.

On community request we will be able to add more wallets.

https://altcoinsteps.com/staySafe

Service is only available for registered users of https://altcoinsteps.com

This is only a sneak peak, full service will launch tomorrow

WOW this is going to be so cool...I will spread the word around and I want to get in the wallet too.. I love it!!!! What a great way t enhance STEPS and at the same time giving love to other Crypto too!!! Also wanted to ask will the coins in the multi wallet still show up in the block explorer? Cos we give out proof of baghold for our coin peeps who hold say 500 or more coins in their wallet ..I know a lot of peeps would love to use your service and I for one will use it too.. I will go buy some btc through my bank to buy more STEPS  as I will want to pay for my peeps using the service and I don't want to take my steps out of their wallet hehe they are making babies.. Smiley It will take me several days to get the btc as I am in europe and it takes a few days via bank sepa lol..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
matan

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:34:10 PM

i only one question now,
when on bittrex =)
raetsch
Legendary

Activity: 957
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:25:30 PM

Steps Stay Safe is an online tool, which enables you to store, use and manage different cryptocurrencies.

Over the last few months more and more new coins launched with viruses and trojans. Miners lost a substantial amount of coins being hacked and lost trust in the launch of new coins.

We at AltcoinSteps looked into this problem and came up with the idea of “Steps Stay Safe”. Our solution is to implement a new multi wallet for newly launched coins and older coins as requested by the community.

This online multi-wallet will have the added security of 2fa. We will download wallets from source. This way miners can mine and store coins online. No need to risk and download a new wallet to your computer till you’re sure the wallet is virus and trojan free or you can send your mined coins to an exchange.

If a wallet is broken at any point we can do everything to provide a fix and work with its dev if he is interested, but in the case a wallet cannot be fixed we will not take responsibility for loss of coins.

The fee for this service will be 250 Steps per wallet, 50% of the Steps will be burned and the rest will be put into our development fund.

We will do our best to download new wallets within 24 hours of a coin launch and developers and miners can request to add wallets to our service.

On community request we will be able to add more wallets.

https://altcoinsteps.com/staySafe

Service is only available for registered users of https://altcoinsteps.com

This is only a sneak peak, full service will launch tomorrow

2 questions:
- is there a possibility that pos-coins will stake in the web-wallet?
- is it possible to backup the wallet.dat for myself, so i can be aware of any losses, problems, unavailability of service or somewhat else?
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:52:40 PM

The purpose for this is to not store any coins of high value.  If people lose some shitcoins using this service, it is better than losing btc or other high value coins on their PC.  If you are a true geek and know how to secure your wallet, then this is not for you.  This could do well or not but nothing wrong with trying. 

-tb-

TheInfidel

Activity: 532

Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:54:22 AM

Considering how awesome you are at security.....never had problems.....
what's this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1232586.msg12944018#msg12944018

Sweet dreams my troll.

ReturnOfTheMAC

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 07:05:59 AM

what's this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1232586.msg12944018#msg12944018

Sweet dreams my troll.

A smackdown if ever I saw one haha

croato

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 08:09:37 AM

Sweet dreams my troll.

IDK on wehat you are pointing mate, most possibly you dont know also. We just found possible backdoor in some shitcoin wallet and asking for explanation in that thread.
croato

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 08:30:32 AM

Just to clarify mates, i am not troll just i say honestly what i think. I am also in same boat with you and have invested in this coin. I think it have good community and honest, active developers. I never invest money just like that but if you want for this thread to be just another hype sort of crap i will not post my thoughts here anymore and problem solved. Just dont call me a troll cause that is low and retarded.
amerok

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:50:34 AM

Currency fell dramatically this explains the lack of success
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:21:57 PM

Currency fell dramatically this explains the lack of success

For hit and runners success in  digital currency is always measured in days or a month.. For honest developers and investors, it may take a year or so before success or failure can be determined.. Not all Crypto is a get rich quick scheme, but an honest expression of development and ideals. If you think it is a failure then you can go and join pump and dump groups to play with every sh*t coin for fast money.. I am sticking around to see this baby grow..  Smiley Trolls said the same thing about the coin I am running, one year plus later we are still here and paying bagbonus to bagholders every month because the simple reason is we didn't quit. So as long as I see honest developers here who are trying to make a difference, I for one will be here collecting STEPS..Just bought some bitcoin should be here next week to collect at least another 5-10k for my wallet.  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
hashmaster1

Activity: 851
Merit: 1000

Do You Even Onion Bro?

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 04:57:37 PM

Steps is a long term  no quick getting rich  scheme the developer's are here for the long term  so am I ....I mine sell and buy steps slowly accumulating my coin  not to long ago I got hack by downloading the lunar wallet I am looking forward to using the new safe wallet from steps ...Stay safe with the new wallet  cause it really hurts loosing your coins believe me I know I lost 56000 coin plus  ..

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░░
         ░▒▓████▓░                            ░▓███▓▓▒▒░░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒▒░              ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█░               ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███░
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█░           ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████▒
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████▒
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓░
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

Tortoise75

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:27:49 PM

Steps Stay Safe is a nice idea. Though, I believe its usefulness hinges a bit on the answer to one of the questions Raetsch asked: Will coins be able/allowed to stake? Staking is probably the main reason to download a possibly unsafe wallet nowadays.

Just to clarify mates, i am not troll just i say honestly what i think. I am also in same boat with you and have invested in this coin. I think it have good community and honest, active developers. I never invest money just like that but if you want for this thread to be just another hype sort of crap i will not post my thoughts here anymore and problem solved. Just dont call me a troll cause that is low and retarded.
Nothing wrong with saying what you think but there is a not so fine difference between that and in effect to fud an offered service. Especially as it looks from the outside like you haven't understood at first  what the intention of this service was. As said it's not meant to be used because a web wallet is safer than a local one for the coins in the web wallet. It is meant to be safer for the machine, and coins on it, that now doesn't have to run the questionable (new) wallet of another coin. Yes, running a VM is not that hard, as is getting the own arse to the book, blu-ray or whatever store, but it might be more convenient to use that web wallet, as is using Amazon. Someone might be just too lazy to set up that VM, some might use the time otherwise, some don't want (electricity) or have another machine to run (several?) VMs on it and can't or don't want to run them 24/7 on the main one. Last but perhaps not least, while VMs do provide a pretty good safety they don't have a clean track record of being unbreak(out)able. No offense meant, just my thoughts.

raetsch
Legendary

Activity: 957
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 06:48:31 PM

the main problem is:
how many people out of 100 know what a vm is or does. some would be surprised how low the number is. security is 100% done with an anti-virus software. yes even in crypto.

for such people stay safe is a good idea.
the main usage is the few days between mining/buying from escrow and having it on an exchange nowadays. so for that purpose it fits perfectly, i think.. if it is capable of staking.
AltcoinSteps (OP)

Activity: 322

Let's make a new altcoin environment.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 07:06:33 PM

the main problem is:
how many people out of 100 know what a vm is or does. some would be surprised how low the number is. security is 100% done with an anti-virus software. yes even in crypto.

the main usage is the few days between mining/buying from escrow and having it on an exchange nowadays. so for that purpose it fits perfectly, i think.. if it is capable of staking.
sorry that i missed to answer your previous question, still busy with the development, anyway the wallet will not stake, at least not for now, that need more work and we are currently short with time, so will leave that for later, you will not be able to back up wallet.dat as for checking if service is available or there are any loses, everything will be stated in wallet. Will be easier to explain as soon as we have the service online and working

Steps - Let's make a new altcoin environment.  | Join Us Now!
ReturnOfTheMAC

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 08:55:38 PM

the main problem is:

sorry that i missed to answer your previous question, still busy with the development, anyway the wallet will not stake, at least not for now, that need more work and we are currently short with time, so will leave that for later, you will not be able to back up wallet.dat as for checking if service is available or there are any loses, everything will be stated in wallet. Will be easier to explain as soon as we have the service online and working

The primary goal achieved with this is being able to mine coins and have them sent to a wallet to be then sent to an exchange (because as you know exchanges do not like you mining directly to them as it bogs the network down).

HI-POS coins such as steps are a different bread than the mine and dump coins that this is targeted towards. This is very much a nice and easy - get in and out way to mine any coin regardless of reputability and make some quick cash selling it. Obviously you dont want to be mining a shitcoin and then see your STEPS balance reduced to 0 like some users here have had happen - this is the remedy for those who want to play with fire.

AltcoinSteps (OP)

Activity: 322

Let's make a new altcoin environment.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2015, 11:35:29 PM

STEPS trading now open on banx.io

https://www.banx.io/trade?c=STEPS&p=BTC

Steps - Let's make a new altcoin environment.  | Join Us Now!
TheInfidel

Activity: 532

Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 11:55:06 PM

STEPS trading now open on banx.io

https://www.banx.io/trade?c=STEPS&p=BTC

Nice I like that exchange. Should increase the trade a little.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: