Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:24:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: We have two options
We reward 2.5 coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
We reward 5 coins per block after block 60 100 and 60 seconds per block.
We reward 1 coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
We reward 2 coins per block after block 60 100 and 60 seconds per block.
We reward 1% POS coins per block after block 60 100 and 30 seconds per block. In this case Steps will transfer very fast.
We reward 1% POS coins per block after block 60 100 and 60 seconds per block.
We keep everything like it is.

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEPS] Let's make a new altcoin environment  (Read 193106 times)
AltcoinSteps (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Let's make a new altcoin environment.

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 09:41:01 PM

Marketplace: We value the input of the whole of the "Steps Community", past and present.

Concerns were raised about the verification of users of the marketplace.

We would like to know how community members feel about verification. We added this addition in good faith to protect buyers and sellers.

Concerns were raised about this and it is a difficult issue. One option would be to 'Opt Out' of this request and it is up to the buyer and seller to proceed with an unverified transaction.

We would like feedback from the community regarding this matter?

I haven't followed this coin very closely, but bought a little semi-recently and was curious so checked out the marketplace.

No way would I want to enter my personal info into the site, nor give it to anyone else in cryptoland. I may be in the minority, but think there are too many crazies in this forum.

What I suggest is a simple rating tool, like others have mentioned. I also see no need for personal info at all if a person is selling digital goods.

Thank you for all the suggestions and concerns regarding the marketplace.

We discussed this issue and decided to add and "OPT OUT" function so accounts does not need to be verified.

Steps - Let's make a new altcoin environment.  | Join Us Now!
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 10:52:20 PM

That's a good Idea, then people who do want to verify will probably get more business.

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
AltcoinSteps (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 11:00:19 PM

Ahora tenemos un hilo de la moneda española Pasos.

We now have a Spanish translation for all our Spanish investors!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1349049.0

m3rt1x

Activity: 484

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 02:40:23 PM

OK.I know it's all about the 'Marketplace' these days but I always like to see things from the pure financial view.
Correct me if I'm wrong but:

The Steps POS Reward System can refund the money you invest in Steps by the end of the HiPoS phase. i.e. you invest 300$,you get back 300$ by the end of HiPoS.Because:

(Today 05/02/2016 15:30 +2GMT Steps approx price is 1050 satoshi and BTC price is 391.2$)

75000 coins = 0.7875BTC = 306.29$

75000 coins will get an average of 3 stakes per day after almost 1 week.

The average reward is 245coins per day (as we will enter 180 in a day and the highest will be 300)so,

245*3= 735 coins per day *1050sat = 0,0077175BTC = 3$ per day

The reward system upgrades every 8 days and there are 13 levels to go so, 8*13=104 days to go.

104 days* 3$= 312 $

So,at the end of HiPoS the return of our investment would be 312$,which is above the 306$ that we initially invested.

And we would also have our 75000 coins to have them staking for 1% annually or do whatever we want with them.

I have not taken into account that the Steps's price might and WILL go up because of the insterest for the reward system.

All you have to do is buy your coins and put them in a staking wallet!

P.S. In case you wonder,I have 4 wallets.My best staking wallet,is 3 weeks old and I sent the coins in sets of 1000!

simtho

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

★unnamed.exchange★ 80+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:19:16 PM

Thanks m3rt1x for this nice calculation.
I like this coin and the PoS rewards!
I have also a good staking wallet which is a few weeks old and I get a daily reward of approx. 0.025 to 0.04 BTC ;-)
And this will even increase every 8 days when we move to the next reward level ;-)

skish85

Activity: 485

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:14:20 PM

OK.I know it's all about the 'Marketplace' these days but I always like to see things from the pure financial view.
Correct me if I'm wrong but:

The Steps POS Reward System can refund the money you invest in Steps by the end of the HiPoS phase. i.e. you invest 300$,you get back 300$ by the end of HiPoS.Because:

(Today 05/02/2016 15:30 +2GMT Steps approx price is 1050 satoshi and BTC price is 391.2$)

75000 coins = 0.7875BTC = 306.29$

75000 coins will get an average of 3 stakes per day after almost 1 week.

The average reward is 245coins per day (as we will enter 180 in a day and the highest will be 300)so,

245*3= 735 coins per day *1050sat = 0,0077175BTC = 3$ per day

The reward system upgrades every 8 days and there are 13 levels to go so, 8*13=104 days to go.

104 days* 3$= 312 $

So,at the end of HiPoS the return of our investment would be 312$,which is above the 306$ that we initially invested.

And we would also have our 75000 coins to have them staking for 1% annually or do whatever we want with them.

I have not taken into account that the Steps's price might and WILL go up because of the insterest for the reward system.

All you have to do is buy your coins and put them in a staking wallet!

P.S. In case you wonder,I have 4 wallets.My best staking wallet,is 3 weeks old and I sent the coins in sets of 1000!

WOW, great calculation!  Thanks!
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:26:30 PM

The flaw in that thinking is discounting human nature. If everyone does that, they'll create too much sell pressure to regain their initial investment, therefore lowering the price of the coin.

Of course not everyone will stake and other things could occur to increase the price of the coin. But it does have a pyramid feel to it ... basically whomever sells their coins early (after HiPos) will get their initial investment back, but if everyone tries to sell, it'll be too much selling pressure and not enough volume/buy support to pay them all.

So yeah, in theory your model could work... for some.
m3rt1x

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:14:27 PM

The flaw in that thinking is discounting human nature. If everyone does that, they'll create too much sell pressure to regain their initial investment, therefore lowering the price of the coin.

Of course not everyone will stake and other things could occur to increase the price of the coin. But it does have a pyramid feel to it ... basically whomever sells their coins early (after HiPos) will get their initial investment back, but if everyone tries to sell, it'll be too much selling pressure and not enough volume/buy support to pay them all.

So yeah, in theory your model could work... for some.

'regain their initial investment'.You mean the people who once had coins but have sold them all or some of them?If they try to regain them,they will create buy pressure,not sell pressure,unless I miss something.If they create buy pressure,I think price will rise.If they still have coins,the worst thing they can do is dump,losing the big rewards.Even if they dump,price will go low a bit,but the untouched wallets with big weight will stake like beasts.I remember when AltCoinSteps started sending the coins back to the users from cloud stake.I was getting 3x the stakes for 3 days.
Anyway,this is crypto,and nothing is for certain,as everything else in this world.
poornamelessme

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:23:59 PM

'regain their initial investment'.You mean the people who once had coins but have sold them all or some of them?

I mean obtain the btc which was their initial investment in Steps to begin with. Which was sort of the point of your post ... calculating how the rewards would be equal or greater than the amount of btc initially paid to obtain Steps.

Just saying if everyone planned to sell their stake rewards, you'd run into a pyramid situation, where those first to sell would probably get the current price, but eventually it'd cause the price to go down or it'd be not enough volume to support those selling.
m3rt1x

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:41:21 PM

'regain their initial investment'.You mean the people who once had coins but have sold them all or some of them?

I mean obtain the btc which was their initial investment in Steps to begin with. Which was sort of the point of your post ... calculating how the rewards would be equal or greater than the amount of btc initially paid to obtain Steps.

Just saying if everyone planned to sell their stake rewards, you'd run into a pyramid situation, where those first to sell would probably get the current price, but eventually it'd cause the price to go down or it'd be not enough volume to support those selling.

Now I understand that you meant gaining back their BTC.
Well,I'm not sure what you mean by 'pyramid situation'.
The price could be affected dramatically if everyone sells at the same time and price has not risen in the next months.
Fortunately there are things you can do with Steps,like buy things,services or even sports betting so the coin will not just be another useless high POS coin.And I think we have seen just about enough of them over the last 2 months.
poornamelessme

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 08:52:00 PM

Now I understand that you meant gaining back their BTC.
Well,I'm not sure what you mean by 'pyramid situation'.
The price could be affected dramatically if everyone sells at the same time and price has not risen in the next months.
Fortunately there are things you can do with Steps,like buy things,services or even sports betting so the coin will not just be another useless high POS coin.And I think we have seen just about enough of them over the last 2 months.

Of course the price could rise, other features could be added to the coin, and so on.

Just saying that your model has a flaw (if anyone was reading it expecting to automatically cash out at their initial investment and still keep all of their coins). Sure, it's possible it could work. The flaw is if too many people think that way, the current price won't remain where it is, it'd go down. Or there simply wouldn't be enough volume to support those selling.

As for what to do with Steps... I mean, if we are all honest here, I expect like 95%+ of the people investing expect to just make a profit with it. That's not a knock on Steps, it's true for pretty much all cryptos.
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:02:16 AM

I feel that the real value increase of this coin will depend solely on the success of the marketplace. Just like Bitcoin finding it's early adoption with The Silk Road and sites like it, along with online gambling and a few other things. These were some of the early markets that allowed BTC to grow into a multi billion dollar market cap.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ozboy2014

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 01:38:01 PM

Network Weight is 80millions?!
Fire Rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1267

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:57:36 PM

We have just passed block 34,100 and have entered the 180 reward step. The network weight is well over 100 million now! Steps future is looking very bright!  Cool

Is there anyway the AltcoinSteps team can make a StaySafe wallet for MaryJaneCoin?

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
ozboy2014

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 05:16:49 AM

Be good to register using wallet address instead of email https://altcoinsteps.com/account/signup with inwallet messaging as form of communication
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924

I AM

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:34:34 AM

I dont get the staking on this coin.
I have 70k in a wallet (added over the course of 2 days) Now all been in wallet for 5 days and I have staked twice. (not even daily). But I can see on the blockchain that someone with 95k coins is getting 3-5 stakes daily. 

What's the go ?
  Huh Huh

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
ozboy2014

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:09:17 AM

I dont get the staking on this coin.
I have 70k in a wallet (added over the course of 2 days) Now all been in wallet for 5 days and I have staked twice. (not even daily). But I can see on the blockchain that someone with 95k coins is getting 3-5 stakes daily. 

What's the go ?
  Huh Huh

Split your coins
Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 12:43:11 PM

whats going on with the marketplace?
Master_dandosha

Activity: 714

IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:03:34 PM

why it is so difficult to sell a digital product in https://altcoinsteps.com/staySafe
i create account same as here . tried to sell some Digital products like torrent invites or account also VPN can't do that
any suggestion
thanks

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
AltcoinSteps (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2016, 02:34:17 PM

why it is so difficult to sell a digital product in https://altcoinsteps.com/staySafe
i create account same as here . tried to sell some Digital products like torrent invites or account also VPN can't do that
any suggestion
thanks
the sell page is https://altcoinsteps.com/account/sell
we will add the non-verified trader button today so will be able to add your digital items on sell

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: