Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:52:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006425 times)
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:57:24 AM

I have been watching this thread since it started - and made a few comments along the way

I verified to level 1 when this came in

I have been withdrawing/depositing from Crypsty the whole time with NO PROBLEMS - both before and after the new limits came into play

I have just done a string of alt withdraws - all through in a few minutes

I must conclude that this thread is just bollocks

The story is running thin on me - its bullshit.

The trolls here are just trying to crush Cryptsy - and I guess are paid by another exchange.

Believe what you want  - but the proof is in the pudding........... at least for me

NO - I am not paid by Cryptsy - and not a recent account for a purpose

you'll conclude nothing you selfish f*ck
you're on of the lucky ones, that is all

go and visit the trollbox every hour at cryptsy and see the long line of people, yes people, who are losing tons of money and TIME chasing these imbeciles like horus thesun, bitjohn (no real names) at least we knew who karpeles was!
look at number of hero members in this thread too, not just people who joined up to troll

plus crypts have NO answers, same bs every day, they don't even have the guts to come into this thread, they have no ANSWERS

it will go legal as they have run out of time and they will be losing their lunch very soon, there is a run on coins, they never had, simple
they have been playing the system too long and they couldn't code for toffee

I will have my vengeance on these c*nts

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guido
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:59:03 AM

Honestly, I don't understand why some people have so much hate for altcoins. There are some decent altcoins out there.

Also, I really don't see cryptsy as an outright ponzi scheme. I think of cryptsy as more of as a poorly coded exchange under the control of a woefully apathetic management team. Frankly, I'm surprised they even lasted this long.

Unfortunately, I think we'll see them last a bit longer though. No matter how bad it gets, I expect there will always be a pack of fanboy idiots that will stick with these imploding exchanges until the end. For example, look at the mcxnow fiasco. There were dozens of lemming traders kissing realsolid's ass all the way up until he fucked them and ran off to Europe.

- Honestly, I don't understand why some people have so much hate for altcoins.

Really ? A trail of victims leaving a stinky mess by vile horrendous people
destroying the very concept of crypto including Bitcoin and you have no idea why ?
i am flabbergasted you would say that. (what's wrong with Altcoins he says in the SCAM Sub-Forum LOLOLOL)

Like that is not even funny.. are you that naive to what has gone down across the world the last few years ?
Maybe it's because you have no clue what so ever what goes on behind closed doors ?
I know most of the coin coders well and have watched them all pull brutal sleazy stunt after stunt.

- Also, I really don't see cryptsy as an outright ponzi scheme.
Let me guess your one of those "i never had a problem with them.." guys ?
Famous last words with Cryptsy over the years... and Mt.Gox !

- I think of cryptsy as more of as a poorly coded exchange under the control of a woefully apathetic management team.

That is EXACTLY what Mt. Gox was with their custom back end and fractional reserve system.
They had to rob Peter to pay Paul until it collapsed and when it got close and Mark knew the gig was up he posted lies online
blaming hackers for stealing all the money then closed the doors with no warning taking peoples money..
THEN he later had his lawyer make a statement saying he found a usb drive in his couch with over 100000 Bitcoins.
AKA: he lied and his lawyer *obviously convinced him to come clean (about running off with the money)

All that panned out because Mark set up the operation like that and it had one inevitable outcome.
He HAD to rip everyone off.. or in the end come clean and pay *some people (some would still get ripped off)
I think Mark's intentions were honest right up to close to the end.
His Magic Trading card web site (exchange) was never deigned properly though..
so ?
Do you see Mt. Gox as a ponzi scheme ? Well see what i said about Cryptsy above Wink

You are right when you said this though..
- I expect there will always be a pack of fanboy idiots that will stick with these imploding exchanges until the end

I started like in 2012/2013 doing this stuff and i already knew on day 1 that Gox had a VERY bad reputation (like Cryptsy)
And it only got worse over time and no matter what like you said.. idiots would cheer lead for them (contrarians)
People who feel compulsive and obsessed to take the opposing stance and argue even in the face of facts / testimony.

Bottom line is Cryptsy has always been secretive so we just don't know what goes on behind closed doors !

@vancefox
Ahh i see.. with that small an amount of money i would guess no (no class action lawsuit)
I had Paypal rip me off for about 5k usd withdrawing from BTC-E and i DID hire a lawyer (and got my money back)
and i had to pay for that out of pocket too Sad
So i doubt these guys whining about Cryptsy will do anything LOL

good post spoetnik

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Guido
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:24:38 AM

I am worn out complaining in sryptsy trollbox, I started very politely, have sent countless tickets.
I am verified tier 1 and withdrawals been pending for WEEKS
those lucky ones who can actually get their coins should count their lucky stars

here is a selection of comments just pasted from cryptsy chatlog now, go visit at anytimethis has been going on weeks for hundreds of people.
even the regular trolls and usual bumlickers in there have had problems and some cannot withdraw at all even when verified tier 2

Terrik
fubar?
Nordman
F5
Terrik
naw, it's just stuck there..
Terrik
I've refreshed several times, every 5 minutes or so
Nordman
bummer
Terrik
just refreshed again.. still sitting at 1 of 4.. and I've just watched 2 more blocks go by as we've been talking
Nordman
@Terrik: had couple showing at 1 confirm and poof it is in
Terrik
it's strange.. like something on the back end is struggling
Otohs948
Here's a copy of my email sent to Cryptsy just now, the latest of dozens sent over the last four weeks, all ignored or excuses:
Otohs948
Hi Elen,  Six days and you haven't bothered to let me know when I can have MY 76 BITCOINS back, now worth over $23,000 and nearly one month that you have blocked my withdrawal.  Cancel the confirmed but stuck on pending withdrawal as requested so that my coins show up in my account balance again!  Change my verification from so called tier two to tier three, I was fully verified with you and had no withdrawal limits, the longer this goes on the more it becomes certain that you just rob the larger holders of tens of thousands of dollars worth of Bitcoins.  I have also requested many times, the name of the owner/s and registered office/s plus the contact details for your lawyers, it is illegal to withhold this information from your clients and the longer that this goes unresolved the greater will be the damage to your business and the more likely that you will be charged with serious theft and corruption.  Pass this email and my prior ones to Vince right away as he will be the one that will be held the most responsible for this fiasco.  Thanks,  Otoh
Nordman
@Otohs948: please don't post books in chat
Hyperjack
@Otohs948:hey Otoh
Otohs948
are you working for Cryptsy? If so return my 76 BTC that have been held illegally for one month!
Nordman
@Otohs948: no just a volunteer moderator
Otohs948
then I will not need to post ever again, thanks.
WhaleFail
lol I guess ottos lawyers will have to teach him @ 1000 USD per/hr about new AML/KYC regulatory compliance laws
Hyperjack
@Otohs948:come on dude...chat is fun
Otohs948
well, expect that if emails to support are ignored ppl will post them here in the slim chance their $23,000 just disapeared by Cryptsy will get noticed by others and so returned
Otohs948
getting $23k stolen is not fun
Terrik
@Otohs948:nobody stole anything
WhaleFail
Oto.. go read, they have your $, but theres now limits based on tier levels due to new regulatory laws.. that you can w/d
Terrik
@Otohs948:I suggest you verify btw..
WhaleFail
at one time.
Otohs948
5th Oct I had my withdrawal confirmed, it's still F-ing pending FFS!
Hyperjack
@Otohs948:they are based in the US and have an obligation to abide by the laws
Kyrpt0Fr3ak
@Otohs948: sounds you didn't dodge a bullet and you're a little frustrated..
Otohs948
I am fully verified for months if not one year
Kyrpt0Fr3ak
Who's been buying my Sprouts Smiley
Otohs948
I was when I deposited the coins
Kyrpt0Fr3ak
@Otohs948: i feel your pain..
johnerfx924
@Nordman: Any update on LTC withdrawals?
Otohs948
I requested to cancel my withdrawal and make me tier three but am ignored
Hyperjack
@Kyrpt0Fr3ak:no but I've been selling dash...lol
Kyrpt0Fr3ak
@Otohs948: Expect an auto reply shortly..
Nordman
@johnerfx924: they are not in the office for a couple more hours
WhaleFail
im sure theres 100 ppl wanting T3... takes time to see if they all qualify n all that jazz, isnt some insta-automated thing
Kyrpt0Fr3ak
@Hyperjack: what did you say you been selling Dash to buy Sprouts. yeah thought you meant that Wink
Terrik
@Otohs948:you should be able to take out $2000 a day then at tier 2.. which is only 6.45 bitcoin.. I'm assuming your withdraw was much larger than that.. and that's why it's stuck
Xzibit17529
Why is my bitcoin withdrawal pending for more than 3h?
Otohs948
Nearly one month and support just fob me off with excuses or normally just ignore my emails while keeping MY 76 BTC!
Kyrpt0Fr3ak
@WhaleFail: should be first come first serve.
Hyperjack
@Kyrpt0Fr3ak:lol
WhaleFail
@Kyrpt0Fr3ak:Like usuall.. your twisting what I say, more than likely due to the ingestion of copius ammounts of marijuana.
Kyrpt0Fr3ak
@Otohs948: take a leaf out of the GrammaHammers Book.. go on a "Dirty" Protest or something.. go on smear yourself Wink
WhaleFail
Im sure it is FCFS...
Terrik
@Xzibit17529:probably the same reason my SBC depo is stuck at 1 of 4 confirmations.. something appears to be broken on the back end..
WhaleFail
but when theres a back log.. it wont be 'fast' or 'near fast'
WhaleFail
or even expediant
Xzibit17529
Thanks @Terrik
Kyrpt0Fr3ak
@WhaleFail: no no no.. no ticky, No Laundry

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:30:51 AM

I have been watching this thread since it started - and made a few comments along the way

I have been withdrawing/depositing from Crypsty the whole time with NO PROBLEMS - both before and after the new limits came into play

The trolls here are just trying to crush Cryptsy - and I guess are paid by another exchange.

Believe what you want  - but the proof is in the pudding........... at least for me

I agree. I too have been able to deposit and withdraw from crypsty with no problems over the last few week. As one of the "lucky ones",  I have even offered ...with trusted escrow/or sending $ first .... to try and move affected users funds off the exchange. To date, no one here who has complained has even tried to take me up on my offer.  Kind of makes you wonder? You can call me a shill or sockfuckit but I only speak the truth.
Guido
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:40:14 AM

Believe what you want  - but the proof is in the pudding........... at least for me

I agree. I too have been able to deposit and withdraw from crypsty with no problems over the last few week. As one of the "lucky ones",  I have even offered ...with trusted escrow/or sending $ first .... to try and move affected users funds off the exchange. To date, no one here who has complained has even tried to take me up on my offer.  Kind of makes you wonder? You can call me a shill or sockfuckit but I only speak the truth.

you clearly have trouble reading, plus you're a relatively new member, longtime members do not waste time here making things up

plus what you're not understanding is if someone has verified, like I have, and withdrawls aren't going through, they will not be able to send to another user via tradekey
also you cannot manually undo pending withdrawals, so they are screwing people with their buggy exchange, even after delaying and secretly bringing in 'verification' which is just a delay tactic, they have been 'playing' peoples coins

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
cohnhead

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:38:43 PM

Believe what you want  - but the proof is in the pudding........... at least for me

you clearly have trouble reading, plus you're a relatively new member, longtime members do not waste time here making things up

plus what you're not understanding is if someone has verified, like I have, and withdrawls aren't going through, they will not be able to send to another user via tradekey
also you cannot manually undo pending withdrawals, so they are screwing people with their buggy exchange, even after delaying and secretly bringing in 'verification' which is just a delay tactic, they have been 'playing' peoples coins

say what you will, I have withdrawn from crypsty and am not making anything up. blockchain has it all.

also who said anything about using a tradekey to move funds.  Maybe its you has trouble reading.

I think that after all the years of failed exhanges...to long to list...anyone who keeps more on any exchange, than they are willing to loose, clearly hasn't been paying attention to good practices. Being a Sr or Hero member obviously does not equate all the time with having sound judgment.

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 01:18:26 PM

Where the hell have you been during the last 3 years ?! Tongue

Fyi, Cryptsy set the standard when it comes to inhouse shitcoin ponzis and the shitcoin sweatshop that cloned them. lol

See all those mice with the busted right clickers !? Shocked Roll Eyes

You're interesting.  Cryptsy provides a method to run a ponzi.  As far as I know they don't actually run a ponzi coin themselves.  Profit from?  Absolutely.

Now with these withdrawal limits and other "KYC" crap for coin withdrawals it does appear that Cryptsy itself may be a ponzi... not just a ponzi facilitator.

No exchange operator in their right mind would risk listing dozens broken and abandoned shitclones, unless they had complete control of the client/blockchain and/or full knowledge of it's minting and hashpower exploits. Wink

LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

Coinpanion.io - Copy Successful Crypto Traders

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 04:09:27 PM

With the next weekend it is one month, one month these assholes didn't even care to provide a credible explanation for blocking withdrawals of ALL my coins.

They don't verify me, they don't respond to my tickets and of course they do not give me my money, but yes bigvern "thedumb" keeps adding new shitcoins everyday!

Be aware of the shills people and stay away from this exchange!

Guido
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:18:13 PM

say what you will, I have withdrawn from crypsty and am not making anything up. blockchain has it all.

also who said anything about using a tradekey to move funds.  Maybe its you has trouble reading.

I think that after all the years of failed exhanges...to long to list...anyone who keeps more on any exchange, than they are willing to loose, clearly hasn't been paying attention to good practices. Being a Sr or Hero member obviously does not equate all the time with having sound judgment.

I keep a fraction of my coins, small fraction to trade. it is a principle here
question is why are you trolling athread full of people who HAVE huge problems when you don't
why waste your time?
you are clearly a sock puppet, and not someone I would trust as far as I could throw

plus I have been trying to withdraw coins before they even had 'new' site chock full of bugs, month and half ago
I have the support tickets to prove it

I saw this coming which is why it's so frustrating
I won't waste anymore time on this thread
it needs to be more public

bbb, plus I am not wasting time or money on lawyers, I will see what law enforcement can do that end
they are breaking laws here. time for it to be their problem not mine

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
cohnhead

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:38:17 PM

I keep a fraction of my coins, small fraction to trade. it is a principle here
question is why are you trolling athread full of people who HAVE huge problems when you don't
why waste your time?
you are clearly a sock puppet, and not someone I would trust as far as I could throw

plus I have been trying to withdraw coins before they even had 'new' site chock full of bugs, month and half ago
I have the support tickets to prove it

I saw this coming which is why it's so frustrating
I won't waste anymore time on this thread
it needs to be more public

bbb, plus I am not wasting time or money on lawyers, I will see what law enforcement can do that end
they are breaking laws here. time for it to be their problem not mine

again if you read my posts I am not here as sock whatever for crypsty or anybody. I am here to try and earn some $ by possibly facilitating withdrawal. Also if you read my post you would know I am not asking anyone to trust me as I am willing to put up escrow.
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:30:10 PM

More interesting then this shit... Cryptsy's "2.0" self=moderated thread has a standing question that they haven't deleted yet:

And now I go to Cryptsy and notice a withdrawal limit of $25/$100 for non-KYC required products (digital coins).  Don't quite like this additional "update/upgrade".

Why limit withdrawals?  What's the basis for this?

Did they not make payroll and BitJohn is not working until he's paid?

This space not for rent...
cohnhead

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 09:32:19 PM

Nothing could be worse for crypsty than a disgruntled employee who really knows whats going on. That would be one interesting scenario if true.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 11:25:23 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2015, 06:36:35 AM by Spoetnik

BitJohn (last i heard) worked over seas a lot and would be away doing almost no Cryptsy related work for long periods.
Out of respect to the man i will not say what his occupation is though.

I think he has bs'd me before.. i am personally convinced of that and nothing will ever change my mind.
I do think he''s not a bad guy though and is far more capable of being reasonable than most other guys at Cryptsy.

Him or one of the other mods banned me from their chat box for a year way back and i never went back.
if i can't use it i won't use the exchange..

The reason i think i have been bs'd from BitJohn before is rooted in the behind the scene Cryptsy activity.
and all those Cryptsy guys are tight lipped.
You may want answers but good luck getting them from Cryptsy if it exposes any of their private stuff.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:53:01 AM

Horus handled my ticket.  He finally responded.

He is demanding that I verify to Tier 2 before he'll release my funds.

I use the same wireless internet as a friend, and since my friend has a negative balance from one of their fuckups, they figure they can steal my money (1.15 BTC and a couple alt balances) to make up for it.

I don't have to upgrade to anything.  I am Tier 1, I do NOT have to prove anything to withdraw what I've asked for.

Writing to Florida AG next.
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 11:29:07 AM

Honestly, I don't understand why some people have so much hate for altcoins. There are some decent altcoins out there.

Also, I really don't see cryptsy as an outright ponzi scheme. I think of cryptsy as more of as a poorly coded exchange under the control of a woefully apathetic management team. Frankly, I'm surprised they even lasted this long.

Unfortunately, I think we'll see them last a bit longer though. No matter how bad it gets, I expect there will always be a pack of fanboy idiots that will stick with these imploding exchanges until the end. For example, look at the mcxnow fiasco. There were dozens of lemming traders kissing realsolid's ass all the way up until he fucked them and ran off to Europe.

- Honestly, I don't understand why some people have so much hate for altcoins.

Really ? A trail of victims leaving a stinky mess by vile horrendous people
destroying the very concept of crypto including Bitcoin and you have no idea why ?
i am flabbergasted you would say that. (what's wrong with Altcoins he says in the SCAM Sub-Forum LOLOLOL)

Like that is not even funny.. are you that naive to what has gone down across the world the last few years ?
Maybe it's because you have no clue what so ever what goes on behind closed doors ?
I know most of the coin coders well and have watched them all pull brutal sleazy stunt after stunt.

- Also, I really don't see cryptsy as an outright ponzi scheme.
Let me guess your one of those "i never had a problem with them.." guys ?
Famous last words with Cryptsy over the years... and Mt.Gox !

- I think of cryptsy as more of as a poorly coded exchange under the control of a woefully apathetic management team.

That is EXACTLY what Mt. Gox was with their custom back end and fractional reserve system.
They had to rob Peter to pay Paul until it collapsed and when it got close and Mark knew the gig was up he posted lies online
blaming hackers for stealing all the money then closed the doors with no warning taking peoples money..
THEN he later had his lawyer make a statement saying he found a usb drive in his couch with over 100000 Bitcoins.
AKA: he lied and his lawyer *obviously convinced him to come clean (about running off with the money)

All that panned out because Mark set up the operation like that and it had one inevitable outcome.
He HAD to rip everyone off.. or in the end come clean and pay *some people (some would still get ripped off)
I think Mark's intentions were honest right up to close to the end.
His Magic Trading card web site (exchange) was never deigned properly though..
so ?
Do you see Mt. Gox as a ponzi scheme ? Well see what i said about Cryptsy above Wink

You are right when you said this though..
- I expect there will always be a pack of fanboy idiots that will stick with these imploding exchanges until the end

I started like in 2012/2013 doing this stuff and i already knew on day 1 that Gox had a VERY bad reputation (like Cryptsy)
And it only got worse over time and no matter what like you said.. idiots would cheer lead for them (contrarians)
People who feel compulsive and obsessed to take the opposing stance and argue even in the face of facts / testimony.

Bottom line is Cryptsy has always been secretive so we just don't know what goes on behind closed doors !

@vancefox
Ahh i see.. with that small an amount of money i would guess no (no class action lawsuit)
I had Paypal rip me off for about 5k usd withdrawing from BTC-E and i DID hire a lawyer (and got my money back)
and i had to pay for that out of pocket too Sad
So i doubt these guys whining about Cryptsy will do anything LOL

Bitcoin has it's share of scams. They've cost users far more money than have ever been lost on all altcoins combined. So, I think your argument is completely off base.

With regard to my experiences with Cryptsy, you should read the thread for my previous posts. I laid out my issues there already. I had significant problems with them. I am an advocate for cryptsy treating their customers better and proving they are solvent.

And no, Gox did not look like a ponzi scheme to me. It was a clear case of embezzlement. If you check a dictionary, I'm sure you'll find completely different definitions for each of those terms.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 01:11:28 PM

I think your wrong on all accounts and all i will say is Mark himself admitted the problem with the exchange
so it's funny i quoted mark basically and you then had to go on arguing with me LOL
everything i said came from Mark Kraples himself.

The root problem with Mt.Gox was that he was running a custom backend for Bitcoin confirmations.
eventually this came crashing down on him and became too much of a mess to deal with.. as HE said.
so embezzlement ?
i don't think so.. not technically until he closed the doors i think.

Think about it.. Gox was getting bigger and bigger and had to handle more and more confirmations.
When the backend was broken or unable to keep up then what do you do to keep the exchange running ?
It wasn't about embezzlement at all.

Beware arguing with me because i don't make baseless claims *usually LOL
90% of the time i just quote the source.. so take it up with them Mr. Contrarian

oh and.. "I had significant problems with them." also LOL
i had problems myself and proof of tons of others going through problems also.
The thing is ..the excuses they say (or lack of any excuse at all for problems / AKA: Classic Cryptsy silence / denial)

Cryptsy is notorious for doing anything they want with OUR money..
then saying nothing or simply mouthing you off when you ask what happened etc
But they all pull the same crap i have horror stories about all exchanges..

I stopped using BTER after 4 transfers in a row disappeared.
Each time i had to contact support and each time the only reply i got
was check your balance (where my coins would be added later)
and each time i would ask what happened and they would say nothing.
I have worst stories / experiences with them too.. they have stolen many BTC from me and others.

If you guys want to play fanboy and say "i never had a problem"
then count yourself lucky.. i've had lots, with pretty much all of them !

allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2319
Merit: 1288

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 02:07:08 PM

Spoetnik, don't get me wrong. Basically, I agree with quite all of your points.

What I don't understand is what made you deposit four times on an exchange like Bter. Maybe there was a time when it wasn't clear to all users that this exchange is more than shady, but if I have problems already twice with deposits or withdrawals, I'm done with that exchange.

It's not that there was a lack of alternatives to Bter. At all.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
GoldSeal
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:51:42 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 07:07:02 AM by GoldSeal

I think your wrong on all accounts and all i will say is Mark himself admitted the problem with the exchange
so it's funny i quoted mark basically and you then had to go on arguing with me LOL
everything i said came from Mark Kraples himself.

The root problem with Mt.Gox was that he was running a custom backend for Bitcoin confirmations.
eventually this came crashing down on him and became too much of a mess to deal with.. as HE said.
so embezzlement ?
i don't think so.. not technically until he closed the doors i think.

Think about it.. Gox was getting bigger and bigger and had to handle more and more confirmations.
When the backend was broken or unable to keep up then what do you do to keep the exchange running ?
It wasn't about embezzlement at all.

Beware arguing with me because i don't make baseless claims *usually LOL
90% of the time i just quote the source.. so take it up with them Mr. Contrarian

oh and.. "I had significant problems with them." also LOL
i had problems myself and proof of tons of others going through problems also.
The thing is ..the excuses they say (or lack of any excuse at all for problems / AKA: Classic Cryptsy silence / denial)

Cryptsy is notorious for doing anything they want with OUR money..
then saying nothing or simply mouthing you off when you ask what happened etc
But they all pull the same crap i have horror stories about all exchanges..

I stopped using BTER after 4 transfers in a row disappeared.
Each time i had to contact support and each time the only reply i got
was check your balance (where my coins would be added later)
and each time i would ask what happened and they would say nothing.
I have worst stories / experiences with them too.. they have stolen many BTC from me and others.

If you guys want to play fanboy and say "i never had a problem"
then count yourself lucky.. i've had lots, with pretty much all of them !

You can regurgitate all the transaction malleability stuff all you want, but that won't make it true. The fact is that Karpeles has been charged with embezzlement by the Japanese police. I live in Tokyo. He's in Jail maybe 30 minutes from my house. He was recently re-arrested for a second time to investigate whether the charges against him will be elevated because he evidently spent some of the money that he allegedly embezzled on prostitutes. Embezzling and spending the money on "social activities" carries stiffer penalties in japan. This is why this second arrest was significant. At the end of his current detainment, which can last up to 23 days without charges, the police may or may not file additional embezzlement charges against him.No offense intended, but at this point, I think the Japanese police probably know more about what Karpeles did or didn't do than you.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/11/news/mt-gox-mark-karpeles-embezzlement/
and
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115492/mt-goxs-karpeles-embezzled-funds-spent-on-prostitutes

Japan: Chapter XXXVIII Crimes of Embezzlement
http://www.oecd.org/site/adboecdanti-corruptioninitiative/46814456.pdf

Code:

Article 252: Embezzlement
1 A person who embezzles property in his/her possession which belongs to another,
shall be punished by imprisonment with work for not more than 5 years.

2 The same shall apply to a person who embezzles his/her own property when the
person has been ordered by a public office to hold the property in custody.

Article 253: Embezzlement in the Pursuit of Social Activities
A person who embezzles property which belongs to another in the person's
possession in the pursuit of social activities, shall be punished by imprisonment with
work for not more than 10 years.

Article 254: Embezzlement of Lost Property
A person, who embezzles lost property, drift property or any other property which
belongs to another person and is in no one's possession shall be punished by
imprisonment with work for not more than 1 year, a fine of not more than 100,000
yen or a petty fine.

Article 255: Application, Mutatis Mutandis
Article 244 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the crimes prescribed under this Chapter.

With regard to your baseless claims remark, I don't think your claims are baseless. I just think they are ill-informed.

With regard to cryptsy, yes - I agree with you. However, I do not know if the majority of problems people have with cryptsy are more attributable to carelessness or deliberate action. It's going to take time to find out.

Moving to Puerto Rico...
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:50:22 PM

i embezzled the air i breath from the sky !
But hey maybe let's talk about Cryptsy ?
Class Action does any of you think this is actually going to happen ?
I don't think so and my opinions are important business !

LeChatNoir

Activity: 699
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 03:07:54 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 03:36:47 PM by LeChatNoir

After one month today i got upgraded, i'm now trying to withdraw my money

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: